Author Topic: US Aggression - will it continue?  (Read 6038 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Re: US Aggression - will it continue?
« Reply #50 on: September 21, 2006, 01:06:16 PM »
So let's assume China has a thriving economy and makes substantial technological advancements.  How would that negatively impact the U.S.?  I guess if they produced vastly superior products and put American companies out of business, that could have a significant impact, but the U.S. has been flooded with China products for years. 

What happens when a coutry becomes a economic super power?   They become a military super power and challange our dominance in the world.  We'll have a simlar issue like with Iran and they'll side with them and Iran will in effect tell us to bugger off.  We'll want to preserve tiawan's independance and China will threaten to go to war over it and we will have to either give it up or go to war.  The list could go on and on.

what was it like when Russia was a super power?  China will be more of a super than Russia becuase they will have a thriving economy to back them.

Seriously,  take some time to research it.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #51 on: September 21, 2006, 01:12:51 PM »
What happens when a coutry becomes a economic super power?   They become a military super power and challange our dominance in the world.  We'll have a simlar issue like with Iran and they'll side with them and Iran will in effect tell us to bugger off.  We'll want to preserve tiawan's independance and China will threaten to go to war over it and we will have to either give it up or go to war.  The list could go on and on.

what was it like when Russia was a super power?  China will be more of a super than Russia becuase they will have a thriving economy to back them.

Seriously,  take some time to research it.

O.K.  I will. 

One of the reasons I think China will not be like the former USSR is communism will eventually fall.  When that happens, it will be much harder for them to start and maintain any kind of cold war with the U.S. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: September 21, 2006, 01:22:40 PM »
O.K.  I will. 

One of the reasons I think China will not be like the former USSR is communism will eventually fall.  When that happens, it will be much harder for them to start and maintain any kind of cold war with the U.S. 

Agreed, but China's direction is capitalism.

My Dad travels there all the time with the military attending diplomatic conferences etc....  China today is not what you might be thinking it is.   

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #53 on: September 21, 2006, 01:24:35 PM »
Agreed, but China's direction is capitalism.

My Dad travels there all the time with the military attending diplomatic conferences etc....  China today is not what you might be thinking it is.   

O.K.  I'll read up on it.  May take a while.  I'm a slow reader, particularly with nonfiction.   :)

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: September 21, 2006, 02:38:36 PM »
So let's assume China has a thriving economy and makes substantial technological advancements.  How would that negatively impact the U.S.?  I guess if they produced vastly superior products and put American companies out of business, that could have a significant impact, but the U.S. has been flooded with China products for years. 

first it was japan, then it was the EU (which is far less United than they make it out to be), now it's china . . . wonder when it will be india's turn?

Al-Gebra

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: September 21, 2006, 02:47:50 PM »
my bad, I forgot that before Japan it was going to be Russia.

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: September 21, 2006, 03:53:44 PM »
my bad, I forgot that before Japan it was going to be Russia.

It was never going to be russia.  That was done to help encourage investing.  But Time had a big article on India a month ago.  You see it's not the economy now,  it is the rate of growth over the last 5 years.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #57 on: September 21, 2006, 07:58:05 PM »
Last time I checked, India had the fastest growing middle class.

Ozmo is correct, the economic superpower of the future will be China.
I'm placing my stake there as I type. China's economy will dwarf the US's and I'm getting my piece of the pie
w

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #58 on: September 21, 2006, 10:43:13 PM »
We don't have to worry about China until they need more natural resources..whether its oil or food. Both are very good reasons to go to war. Ozmo are u saying they are or are not a threat.....I would prefer that they not be. The economic free zones are booming..It will be hard to force a war that will jeopardize that. Hell Wal mart is there.....They are also natural allies..what ever that means.
L

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: September 22, 2006, 08:35:08 AM »
We don't have to worry about China until they need more natural resources..whether its oil or food. Both are very good reasons to go to war. Ozmo are u saying they are or are not a threat.....I would prefer that they not be. The economic free zones are booming..It will be hard to force a war that will jeopardize that. Hell Wal mart is there.....They are also natural allies..what ever that means.

I'm saying in 10 to 15 years they will be a super power that will rival us.  We will  no longer be the only B.M.O.C. so to speak.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2006, 12:24:35 PM »
China and India are on the rise, but come on this is America the land of the almighty dollar we're talking about here.  8)

OzmO

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: September 22, 2006, 12:30:38 PM »
China and India are on the rise, but come on this is America the land of the almighty dollar we're talking about here.  8)

Underestimating a potential rival is the beginning of a nation's downfall.

Just look at value of the Euro  vs. the dollar when it came out vs. it's value now.   Good thing Europe isn't one country. 

shutupandtrain88

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: September 23, 2006, 05:11:36 PM »
China is a Huge threat to us and we would be foolish not to keep that in our heads.

There is peace in Iran????  There is peace when they beat down activists?  Move to Iran and see if you can post and  say the same negative comments made about our Gov't.  We would'nt hear from you for very long. 

Chinas generals want to destroy us and they have been quote saying so.  Will they ever try?  Who knows. 

Osama was quoted many times about his hatred of America.  look what has happened with radical muslims.

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #63 on: September 23, 2006, 05:22:37 PM »
China is a Huge threat to us and we would be foolish not to keep that in our heads.

There is peace in Iran????  There is peace when they beat down activists?  Move to Iran and see if you can post and  say the same negative comments made about our Gov't.  We would'nt hear from you for very long. 

There is a common misconception about many undemocratic governments, that is their people don't know what's going on or that they cannot protest. The truth is, unlike so-called democratic governments, these governments don't have to hide what they're doing because people don't have a say in the matter.  But in places that pride themselves on their democratic nature, ...they hide everything, and feed the people bullshit, because if the people really knew what was taking place, they'd demand a stop to it, ...and these so-called democracies would have to tip their hands to the fact that they really are a dictatorship. When you can't justify it, you habve to hide it, ...and when you can't hide it, ..you have to spin it. And when they can no longer spin, prepare for the hammer to come down {psst} ...but of course we all know it will be the 'terrorists' doing it.

Chinas generals want to destroy us and they have been quote saying so.  Will they ever try?  Who knows. 

Osama was quoted many times about his hatred of America.  look what has happened with radical muslims.

Yes, ...lets look at what happened with radical muslims. The single biggest factor in radicalizing them throughout their history has been the heavy handed interference & imperialism of others. The torture of islamicists has turn moderate islamicists into extreme radicals, ...and the murder of innocent civilian men, women & children has turned apathetic apolitical types and moderates alike into islamic activists. Current imperialist policy has created more radical islamic fundamentalists than the islamic fundamentalists were ever capable of doing on their own.
w