Author Topic: On line contests and squabbles vs the posing of Melvin Goodrum.  (Read 22254 times)

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
Re: VINCE GOODRUM PICTURES :D:D:D:D:D
« Reply #125 on: September 25, 2006, 12:52:19 PM »
Why?

Because he finally followed through on something. 

He wasn't in shape, but he was in the competition. 

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #126 on: September 25, 2006, 12:53:54 PM »
Tre, would you at least agree that there should - perhaps - be a requirement on the part of those entering a show, that they have to meet a minimal level of conditioning?

Surely having the 'bravery' to get up on stage isnt the issue here, I mean, surely you are not trying to say that Vince resembles anything other than a can of crush assholes?

Bottom line, yes he got on stage, but YES he looked like shit
Agreed completely. 

He gets credit only for filling out a registration for and getting on the stage, not for being 'in' the competition.  He doesn't looks '2 years better' in the recent pics. 

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #127 on: September 25, 2006, 01:03:51 PM »
Heavy is completely relative.

You are doing a great Job Kennie and you will have much success.

thanx bro! 

btw, i see ice cream endorsement deals in your future$$$...Ben & Jerry's free for life maybe?   ;D
i

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #128 on: September 25, 2006, 01:07:20 PM »
I love my my hair!

ITs trademark.

I got it cut last week....This gay dude named Dallas does it. He also teaches at a beauty/fashion school.  He spends over an hour on it actually.

I don`t care for the typical "bodybuilder" haircuts. 

When it comes to hair, gay men know what they are talking about. 
could you do me a favor and style it back, not forward, have jez take a pic and send it to me via PM or email.  I swear I won't share it.  I just think you would look a lot better with it blown back then in that forward sweep.
:D Weee

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #129 on: September 25, 2006, 01:15:03 PM »
thanx bro! 

btw, i see ice cream endorsement deals in your future$$$...Ben & Jerry's free for life maybe?   ;D

I would love to get endorsed by Hardees.

Their Monter Thick Burger should be the signature sandwhich for Getbiggers.

They already have the Monster part down on the menu.

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #130 on: September 25, 2006, 01:20:21 PM »
could you do me a favor and style it back, not forward, have jez take a pic and send it to me via PM or email.  I swear I won't share it.  I just think you would look a lot better with it blown back then in that forward sweep.

LOL   It does tend to get pushed down when he's at the gym or sweaty.  He looks good with alittle height & fullness...like when Dallas is finished with him. ;)

He's just gorgeous.  ;D
I Love The True Adon

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #131 on: September 25, 2006, 01:27:41 PM »

Monster attempt to acquire "rub one out" material.  ;D

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #132 on: September 25, 2006, 01:27:58 PM »
It does tend to get pushed down when he's at the gym or sweaty...like when Dallas is finished with him. ;)

:-X

haha...it was just too easy!!!  i couldn't resist, sorry :-[
i

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #133 on: September 25, 2006, 01:44:25 PM »

Ya think? ;)
I Love The True Adon

Jezebelle

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
« Reply #134 on: September 25, 2006, 01:45:17 PM »
:-X

haha...it was just too easy!!!  i couldn't resist, sorry :-[

Hahhahhaha I know it!  He is a good stylist though ;D
I Love The True Adon

Condor

• Getbig IV
  • Work Hard, Play Hard
« Reply #135 on: September 25, 2006, 01:51:08 PM »
I just want to know when the next "Mr. Getbig" is going to happen.

I want in.

Laura Lee

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: September 25, 2006, 01:52:41 PM »
for you maybe, not for me. I don't have the "need" to "rub one out"  ;D
:D Weee

The Showstoppa

• Getbig V
  • Call the vet, cause these pythons are sick!
« Reply #137 on: September 25, 2006, 01:53:45 PM »
for you maybe, not for me. I don't have the "need" to "rub one out"  ;D

Nah, I've got your pics.  ;D

LLES

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #138 on: September 25, 2006, 02:00:50 PM »
I will let my body speak for itself.

If that's the case, we will never hear from you again................... ........................ .......Thank God!!!! In all seriousness Vince, even though we all dog you( & yes you deserve it) you did get onstage & you did improve since your last show so, good job!

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #139 on: September 25, 2006, 03:34:17 PM »
alexxx's shoulder to waist ratio alone makes him better than arvilla.
Deep Tissue Massage

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #140 on: September 25, 2006, 03:35:04 PM »
alexxx's shoulder to waist ratio alone makes him better than arvilla.

Thanks!
just push some weight!

ali23

• Getbig III
« Reply #141 on: September 25, 2006, 03:36:38 PM »
Why would I want to degrade my physique. I only plan on moving  forward. Even if I never work out again I would still look better than that.

uhhh he looks wayyyyyyyy better than you..

ManBearPig...

• Getbig V
  • Professional Fighter
« Reply #142 on: September 25, 2006, 03:37:22 PM »
Thanks!

i still hate you.

i'm just saying that arvilla having 2o years of lifting on you, plus years of gear use, still couldn't show up bigger than 185 at a show.

he also has no legs and back.  but his gyno makes up for it.
Deep Tissue Massage

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #143 on: September 25, 2006, 03:40:48 PM »
i still hate you.

i'm just saying that arvilla having 2o years of lifting on you, plus years of gear use, still couldn't show up bigger than 185 at a show.

he also has no legs and back.  but his gyno makes up for it.

Cool thanks.
just push some weight!

XFACTOR

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: September 25, 2006, 03:52:12 PM »
LOL   It does tend to get pushed down when he's at the gym or sweaty.  He looks good with alittle height & fullness...like when Dallas is finished with him. ;)

He's just gorgeous.  ;D

Gorgeous????  You can't be real.  No way, unless you are blind, well your not the hottest thing either, so it does make sense. 

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #145 on: September 25, 2006, 04:00:32 PM »
Jez did a great job on those shots Adam.  My only suggestion would be to try something different with your hair.  Don't open your eyes to widely and retake the same exact poses.  Then submit them somewhere.  She really did some great work.  Well so did you for your contest, but there's a lot in the picture taking.

Laura  :)

Submit them  ???
Like ebaumsworld or something, haha

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
« Reply #146 on: September 25, 2006, 04:05:49 PM »
Jez did a great job on those shots Adam.  My only suggestion would be to try something different with your hair.  Don't open your eyes to widely and retake the same exact poses.  Then submit them somewhere.  She really did some great work.  Well so did you for your contest, but there's a lot in the picture taking.

Laura  :)

I could not agree more......

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
On line contests and squabbles vs the posing of Melvin Goodrum.
« Reply #147 on: September 25, 2006, 04:19:53 PM »
Seems to me the Getbig on line contest was ill considered. Why? Well, the very idea of Getbig is that this is a place where you can bag anything and anyone. Look what has already happened re that contest. The usual suspects are performing as expected and the whole thing has degenerated into a non event. It doesn't matter now who actually got the judges' decision.

I think any future contest has to be held on stage somewhere. Look at the missed opportunity on the weekend. We could have had everyone in that Mountaineer show and it would have been a spectacle. Triple V would have been there and we would have had heaps of photos and so on and the results would be here, too.

The bottom line is that the level of physiques on Getbig isn't great. What we have are a bunch of novices and beginners. Many exaggerate their own appearance and standing. Goodrum is another who has trouble in that department. The lesson is clear: there is a wide gap between thinking you look good and actually looking good on stage. The professionals look so much better than most of the wannabes on Getbig. Even Kamali is light years ahead of most of the lads. Sort of ironical in a way.

Make the Mr Getbig an actual contest somewhere and be done with all the bickering. It is pathetic. You don't win a contest by arguing on the internet or boasting how good you are.

Don't schedule a show to interfere with anything Goodrum is appearing at. Entertainment like that should be embraced and not missed.

CQ

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • TGT
Re: On line contests and squabbles vs the posing of Melvin Goodrum.
« Reply #148 on: September 25, 2006, 04:28:34 PM »
Seems to me the Getbig on line contest was ill considered. ~snip~
I think any future contest has to be held on stage somewhere.

No offence, but that would so not work. We are from all over the world. If we could only get a few entries for an online show, I doubt we would fare better if it was in person. Hypothetically, if Ron were to go all out and promote a show yeah it could work, but we board members could not organise one llike how was just done.

The bottom line is that the level of physiques on Getbig isn't great. What we have are a bunch of novices and beginners. Many exaggerate their own appearance and standing. Goodrum is another who has trouble in that department. The lesson is clear: there is a wide gap between thinking you look good and actually looking good on stage. The professionals look so much better than most of the wannabes on Getbig. Even Kamali is light years ahead of most of the lads. Sort of ironical in a way.

Make the Mr Getbig an actual contest somewhere and be done with all the bickering. It is pathetic. You don't win a contest by arguing on the internet or boasting how good you are. 

Well of course we don't compare with the pros...we aren't pros. Everyone here, who is not delusional, does not compare themselves or think they are as good as the pros.Some people do not like their pictures all over the net so they do not post them here...plus the whole photoshopping debacles...hehe.

But there are some decent physiques here. In the years I have been here, I have seen alot of people's pics that are not posted who have quality physiques.

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
Re: On line contests and squabbles vs the posing of Melvin Goodrum.
« Reply #149 on: September 25, 2006, 04:50:41 PM »
But there are some decent physiques here. In the years I have been here, I have seen alot of people's pics that are not posted who have quality physiques.

Oddly enough, around here it seems that the worse someone's physique is, the more likely it is to be posted.
Ron: "I am lazy."