Author Topic: Great dieting strategy....if you can afford it  (Read 4199 times)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
Re: Great dieting strategy....if you can afford it
« Reply #25 on: September 25, 2006, 08:27:24 PM »
Okay, my doses have been studied, as proof above. 

Now, tell me why I am a moron.

It's called a conditionally essential amino and can be useful in certain disease or trauma states. There is no proof that it does anything for a normal, healthy weight training person.

Years ago I tried 100grams a day and it did nothing as far as I could tell. Worthless.

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #26 on: September 25, 2006, 08:39:31 PM »

"These results demonstrate that alanine, glutamine, and valine administration fails to significantly affect muscle glutamine availability or muscle protein metabolism. These findings suggest that accelerated muscle catabolism in critically ill patients is not in response to any deficiency in alanine or glutamine availability"

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?itool=abstractplus&db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=abstractplus&list_uids=12971729
Here comes the money shot

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2006, 08:40:49 PM »
I'm getting ready for my first show, and have the best dieting strategy ever. 
I work at a GNC, and was thinking....since glutamine isn't absorbed, and therefore is useless, I'll just take a ton of it to keep me from being hungry. 

The manager is my good friend, so he let me take a bunch of glutamine tubs from the back. 

I've been having over 500g of glutamine a day.  I just mix a bunch with crystal light.  So, it's like a huge protein drink that keeps me full all day.  I haven't been hungry the entire diet.  If I ever get hungry, and it's not time to eat, I just load up about 3 scoops (protein scoops, not glutamine scoops) of glutamine and mix with crystal light.  Viola....hunger gone!

ahhhhhhahhhhhaahhhhhhhhhhahahhaahahahhaahahhaahhhhhhhhhhahahhaahahahhaahhhhhhhhhhahahhaahahahhaahhhhhhhhhhahahhaahahahhaahhhhhhhhhhahahhaahahahhaahhhhhhhhhhahahhaahahahhaahhhhhhhhhhahahhaahahahhaahhhhhhhhhhahahhaahahahha

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2006, 08:43:32 PM »
"CONCLUSIONS: In sepsis, increased muscle protein synthesis with PN and rhGH administration is not associated with increased muscle glutamine levels. Administration of rhGH does not result in reduced liver glutamine levels or rates of hepatic protein synthesis. PN containing glutamine was no more efficacious than standard PN at increasing muscle protein synthesis."

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query.fcgi?db=pubmed&cmd=Retrieve&dopt=AbstractPlus&list_uids=12006808&query_hl=15&itool=pubmed_docsum

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #29 on: September 25, 2006, 09:02:05 PM »
I'm getting ready for my first show, and have the best dieting strategy ever. 
I work at a GNC, and was thinking....since glutamine isn't absorbed, and therefore is useless, I'll just take a ton of it to keep me from being hungry. 

The manager is my good friend, so he let me take a bunch of glutamine tubs from the back. 

I've been having over 500g of glutamine a day.  I just mix a bunch with crystal light.  So, it's like a huge protein drink that keeps me full all day.  I haven't been hungry the entire diet.  If I ever get hungry, and it's not time to eat, I just load up about 3 scoops (protein scoops, not glutamine scoops) of glutamine and mix with crystal light.  Viola....hunger gone!

I hope this is a joke........... :-\
HAHA, RON.....

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #30 on: September 25, 2006, 09:03:12 PM »
I hope this is a joke........... :-\

C'mon... a GNC clerk would never steer you wrong!  ;D
Ron: "I am lazy."

John Romano

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: September 25, 2006, 09:16:00 PM »
"Eight short bowel patients were randomised in a double blind crossover study between placebo and growth hormone with oral (mean 280 g/day) and parenteral glutamine (mean 502 g/day) for 28 days. Balance studies were performed at baseline and five days after placebo and treatment were terminated. Dietary energy, carbohydrate, and fat were maintained as usual."

"During exceptionally severe stress, supplementing with glutamine (in the hospital setting, doses as high as 200-400 g may be used) can be a matter of life or death."

Okay, my doses have been studied, as proof above. 

Now, tell me why I am a moron.

and SteelePegasus sited two studies that suggest little eficacy in glutamine supplementation. 

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #32 on: September 25, 2006, 11:09:29 PM »
and SteelePegasus sited two studies that suggest little eficacy in glutamine supplementation. 

He could always put the Glutamine between his thighs to stop the  Fricitional chafing from the blubber rubbing.

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2006, 11:11:44 PM »
500g glutamine is good and all but you have to have at least 3000g BCAAS.    If you don't get that you will lose all the muscle gains you made since puberty. 

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2006, 05:32:38 AM »
How come everyone always says glutamine is broken down by stomach acid, and therefore isn't absorbed orally? 

That is why everyone says it would only be via I.V. dosing. 
Y

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2006, 05:39:27 AM »
He could always put the Glutamine between his thighs to stop the  Fricitional chafing from the blubber rubbing.

rubbing icrecream on his croatch might also do the trick

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2006, 05:51:48 AM »
Okay, I guess I'm an idiot. 
But, I just don't understand how glutamine isn't utilized properly in oral form.  As far as I know, it is a free form amino acid.  Therefore it is a mono-peptide.  Which is as far as an amino can be broken down. 

Can ANYONE tell me why it is useless in oral form?  Or is everyone just talking out of their ass?
Y

pushinweightwi

• Getbig III
  • One man's trash, is another man's treasure.BSpears
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2006, 05:34:35 PM »
Useless for muscle growth is not the same as useless entirely.  Oral glutamine is great for gastro intestinal health.  It feeds the healthy bacteria in your gut thus improving health.  As far as muscle gains go do not expect much.  I think this is why most say it is useless.  No matter what you are trying to achieve I believe your doses are excessive.

Woten

• Time Out
  • Getbig III
  • jugs
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2006, 08:01:12 PM »
Useless for muscle growth is not the same as useless entirely.  Oral glutamine is great for gastro intestinal health.  It feeds the healthy bacteria in your gut thus improving health.  As far as muscle gains go do not expect much.  I think this is why most say it is useless.  No matter what you are trying to achieve I believe your doses are excessive.

Doison, go with this post^^^

Also, whey protein is loaded with the stuff, the powder form you are currently using is usually crappy free form, have a whey shake instead

Finally, you fucking tard ;)
rons acunt

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2006, 09:28:49 PM »

Note to myself: Never ask the clerks at GNC for advice about anything. They know jack shit.

YIP
Zack

They have GNC's in Sweden?

:P
:

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2006, 09:39:41 PM »

^
What he said.

It is however well documented as an immune system booster and therefore certainly can't hurt  during the cutting phase when many athletes get sick.  10-40 grams is MORE than adequate.
:

Blued

• Getbig I
« Reply #41 on: September 28, 2006, 10:23:48 AM »
Dude, that seems like a lot of glutamine.  Just curious how long you've been taking 500g a day and if you've had any side effects, like stomach upset or something?

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #42 on: September 28, 2006, 10:39:33 AM »
Doison you are the biggest moron i wave ever met in my life.... I am dieting for a show so whenever I get hungry I just take 3 scoops (protien scoops not shovels) of dirt and drink them with crystal light hahah moron