Author Topic: Just exactly who are these IFBB "Board members"?  (Read 5777 times)

DragonsBreath

• Getbig III
  • Been to Hell and back! NEXT!
Just exactly who are these IFBB "Board members"?
« on: September 26, 2006, 09:05:58 PM »
That's right....who? Who are these guys that make (and break) the decisions in the IFBB? Chic is always talking about: "Oh, I have to submit it. Put it in writing. I have to run it by the board." Well just who the hell are these guys? Jim Manion, Steve Weinberger and who else?

Who are you supposedly "running" stuff by the board to? When you (Bob Chic) get a request from an IFBB athlete, who is it that you have to submit it to?

Names please...?

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
Re: Just exactly who are these IFBB "Board members"?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2006, 09:55:38 PM »
Loook it up

IFBB.COM

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2006, 10:47:59 PM »
Ron: "I am lazy."

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2006, 11:05:36 PM »
Well this was from their Christmas party last year

gordiano

• Getbig V
  • TEAM "CUTE PENIS", TEAM TRIFLIN' RONNIE COLEMAN
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2006, 11:06:26 PM »
HAHA, RON.....

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2006, 11:13:43 PM »
Well this was from their Christmas party last year

You got it mixed up with the PDI after party pic.....

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2006, 11:30:37 PM »
I really get a chuckle at the people putting their support behind Wayne and the PDI. These people are clueless as to Wayne's own history and how condescending he was to "his" athletes when he was in charge if the IFBB.  He was largely responsible for holding the athletes back while he took a salary of more that $300k a year. Yet the athletes had to pay their expenses to the shows. Hmmmm. There were also allegedly underhanded dealings with show promoters.

Sure the IFBB isn’t perfect. And the only guy working his ass off to make things better the athletes (Bob Cicherillo) gets accused of being a puppet for Jim Manion. Show me one person that has even tried to accomplish anything for bodybuilding as Bob has. Oh that’s right I forgot… there isn’t one person that can be named.
and keep moving!

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2006, 12:07:50 AM »
For the record; the IFBB is a complete failure. They have controlled the sport of professional bodybuilding for the last 30+ years and what is the result?

Wow, where to begin:

No TV coverage for any events >:(
No pension or retirement plan for their professional athletes >:(
Professional contest that pay the winner $10,000 (I won more than that playing cards last month ;D)
Nonexistent sponsorship from non-bodybuilding companies :(
Professional competitions cancelled (imagine the NFL cancelling a game ;D)
Repeated questionable judging at the sports premiere event :(
I won't even mention the state of IFBB professional womens bodybuilding :(
Zero brand name recognition :(

That list took two minutes to think up. I'm omitting about 100 other failures.
a

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2006, 12:33:57 AM »
For the record; the IFBB is a complete failure. They have controlled the sport of professional bodybuilding for the last 30+ years and what is the result?

Wow, where to begin:

Professional contest that pay the winner $10,000 (I won more than that playing cards last month ;D)

No wonder. Up until a few years ago Wayne headed the IFBB. So now we should continue his failure by supporting a new organization that he heads up? Hmmmmm interesting logic.
and keep moving!

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2006, 12:55:02 AM »

Wow, where to begin:

Hmmm.........actually, its not a failure...........not to the Weiders its not!   ;)
HAHA, RON.....

timfogarty

• Getbig V
  • @fogartyTim on twitter
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2006, 01:03:45 AM »
if the perceived threat from Wayne and the PDI helps the IFBB get their act together, then it's good for everyone

Yorkie T

• Getbig III
  • Blades Business Crew.
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2006, 01:05:06 AM »
I really get a chuckle at the people putting their support behind Wayne and the PDI. These people are clueless as to Wayne's own history and how condescending he was to "his" athletes when he was in charge if the IFBB.  He was largely responsible for holding the athletes back while he took a salary of more that $300k a year. Yet the athletes had to pay their expenses to the shows. Hmmmm. There were also allegedly underhanded dealings with show promoters.

Sure the IFBB isn’t perfect. And the only guy working his ass off to make things better the athletes (Bob Cicherillo) gets accused of being a puppet for Jim Manion. Show me one person that has even tried to accomplish anything for bodybuilding as Bob has. Oh that’s right I forgot… there isn’t one person that can be named.

Lee Priest.
8) B.B.C. 8)

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2006, 01:07:49 AM »
if the perceived threat from Wayne and the PDI helps the IFBB get their act together, then it's good for everyone

Of course, but some people here do not have the brain capacity to understand that...........
HAHA, RON.....

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2006, 01:09:08 AM »
No wonder. Up until a few years ago Wayne headed the IFBB. So now we should continue his failure by supporting a new organization that he heads up? Hmmmmm interesting logic.

But how do you explain each year since Wayne has been gone the Olympia gets worse and worse.  More shows are being cancelled and less people are going.  Also, here is how I view Wayne.  He has done nothing to me.  He has only been upfront and thats it.  I don't care what he did in the past.  At least it appears he is trying to change if he was so bad.  The problem with the Weiders and the IFBB is they don't want change.  And everyone has to be kidding that Wayne did all this bad stuff without the Weiders knowing or actually telling him to do it.  

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2006, 01:35:49 AM »

We absolutely agree. I do not think Wayne Demilla is the person to take professional bodybuilding where it needs to go. Will the PDI help all pro BB's? I'd like to think so, but I've got my doubts.
a

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2006, 04:48:31 AM »

Right, because the industry has conditioned them not to try.  That's why whenever Bob does or initiates anything - no matter how small in scope - his 'constituents' (for lack of a better term) have nothing at all to say about it. 

Some might refer to that as 'failure to strive' (resulting in a failure to thrive, eh?). 

You do have to give Bob credit for at least being willing to be vocal about anything at all.  That's a welcome first step.  Now, he needs help from his fellow competitors in deciding what sort of procedural changes should be implemented with respect to initiating or modifying IFBB policies that are athlete-specific. 

I think there's a real disconnect here because no one in his camp really knows how things should be set up, nor is there an IFBB 'athletes only' website where they can communicate about it.  So, anything brought to light here on GetBig ends up being shouted down my naysayers or diluted with fluff by the fluffers.

With regards to Wayne, are you claiming that his $300,000 salary was paid by the IFBB, or was that what he earned as a result of successful promotion of the IFBB events he promoted?

G o a t b o y

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Time-Out in Dubai, India with Swampi the Cocksmith
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2006, 06:40:12 AM »
I really get a chuckle at the people putting their support behind Wayne and the PDI.

This isn't so much a vote "for" Wayne, as it is a vote against IFBB monopoly and autocratic control of the sport.  See the bigger picture.
Ron: "I am lazy."

LBoomer

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2006, 07:12:41 AM »
nor is there an IFBB 'athletes only' website where they can communicate about it.  So, anything brought to light here on GetBig ends up being shouted down my naysayers or diluted with fluff by the fluffers.

An IFBB Athletes only website/ forum would be a great tool for the Pros to be able to discuss things that directly effect themselves and the IFBB. That is precisely why there isn't one. It could be the first step to unionization of the members. The IFBB would rather have the disconnect because it makes it easier for them to run things the way they want without interference. It is wrong that issues get brought up only once a year and are submitted for approval to a board that is looking out for the IFBB and not the membership, but they get away with it because they are the only game in town.

Quote from: Max_Rep
This isn't so much a vote "for" Wayne, as it is a vote against IFBB monopoly and autocratic control of the sport.  See the bigger picture.
I could really care less about who is behind the PDI, just that there is someone trying to give people a second option and put a bit of pressure on the IFBB to make changes in the way it is run to better the entire industry.

Most of the spotlight right now is on The IFBB and Lee Priest, but it is really the industry as a whole that needs to be reworked. There are similar examples in other federations like the WNBF (World Natural Bodybuilding Federation). Dave Goodin, the top money winner in WNBF history, has been suspended for 3 years because he did an interview in Ironman Magazine. It was a great article and was good exposure for everyone involved, but the WNBF has a rule against their athletes appearing in magazines other than the ones that they own. They also offer no compensation for this exclusivity, in fact the athletes PAY the WNBF to be a member of their organization (much like the IFBB).

Things need to change, hopefully Lee Priest, Dave Goodin, and the PDI will be the catalyst needed to bring about a better bodybuilding industry.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2006, 09:10:58 AM »
LBoomer... why would you take a quote from Goatboy and try to pass it off as a quote from me? That's a neat trick but it didn't go unnoticed or uncalled.

and keep moving!

gordiano

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2006, 09:13:22 AM »

Exactly. I feel the same way.
HAHA, RON.....

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2006, 10:04:01 AM »
But how do you explain each year since Wayne has been gone the Olympia gets worse and worse.  More shows are being cancelled and less people are going.

Keith... come on. Are you really a person that hears galloping and assumes horses? There are 30 different factors that COULD be at work here OTHER than Wayne’s involvement. Promoters, increases travel concern and expenses etc, etc. You have to look at everything involved before you draw a conclusion on what is the significant factor.

Also, here is how I view Wayne.  He has done nothing to me.  He has only been upfront and thats it.  I don't care what he did in the past.  At least it appears he is trying to change if he was so bad.

Let's look at the logic of your statement. A pedophile has done nothing to you. He lives in your neighborhood. He's been upfront to you. Are you going to let him baby-sit your 5 year old daughter? I mean he's done nothing to you. A con man always appears to be sincere. That's how they are able to con you.  

The problem with the Weiders and the IFBB is they don't want change. And everyone has to be kidding that Wayne did all this bad stuff without the Weiders knowing or actually telling him to do it.  

Yes we know. It was all the Weiders. They were the terrible monsters and Wayne was just following orders from heaven above. Wayne is just an innocent victim who always wanted and fought for what was best for the bodybuilders. Only one problem in believing that. TOTAL lack of history and evidence. There is none.  
and keep moving!

VIENIO

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2006, 10:50:43 AM »
Fine, Wayne has a shit past, but the IFBB has a shit past and present. I get a chuckle when someone supports the IFBB, are you really that clueless to see that their operations are just as bad now as when Wayne ran it.  As for Bob being a puppet for Manion, well Bob has a conflict of interest when it comes to many issues.

mrsirjojo

• Getbig II
  • Si vis pacem, Para bellum.
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2006, 11:19:17 AM »

Hmmm.........actually, its not a failure...........not to the Weiders its not!   ;)

Exactly.

Tre

• Expert
  • Getbig V
  • "What you don't have is a career."
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2006, 11:55:17 AM »
Keith... come on. Are you really a person that hears galloping and assumes horses? There are 30 different factors that COULD be at work here OTHER than Wayne’s involvement. Promoters, increases travel concern and expenses etc, etc. You have to look at everything involved before you draw a conclusion on what is the significant factor.

Right, there are numerous factors that can make a new or small show fail before it gets started. 

With the Olympia, there are even more variables in play, but also a much larger staff and budget.  The failures of the last 2 Olympias should be highlighted, and should be analyzed in order to provide solutions for all those problems that occurred. 

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #24 on: September 27, 2006, 12:58:29 PM »
Right, there are numerous factors that can make a new or small show fail before it gets started. 

With the Olympia, there are even more variables in play, but also a much larger staff and budget.  The failures of the last 2 Olympias should be highlighted, and should be analyzed in order to provide solutions for all those problems that occurred. 

The Olympia was moved becauase they didn't want to pay the money they were charging.  That is simple.  Wayne paid that amount cause he wanted the Olympia to be the best.  AMI on the other wants to save money. 

Let's look at the logic of your statement. A pedophile has done nothing to you. He lives in your neighborhood. He's been upfront to you. Are you going to let him baby-sit your 5 year old daughter? I mean he's done nothing to you. A con man always appears to be sincere. That's how they are able to con you.  

Yes we know. It was all the Weiders. They were the terrible monsters and Wayne was just following orders from heaven above. Wayne is just an innocent victim who always wanted and fought for what was best for the bodybuilders. Only one problem in believing that. TOTAL lack of history and evidence. There is none.  

The Olympia has taken place for more than 40 years.  From most accounts I here the Olympia was alwasy a pretty good show.  And it seemed the Mandalay Bay was a pretty good place to do it.  Varibles do not change that much for a show.  Broadway shows happen everyday and are basically the same each day.  Unless something happens UNEXPECTEDLY.  But the Olympia all the shit that has made it the laughing stock in BB promotions has all gone bad because of what Chang and AMI has done to it. Nothing to do with travel or expenses.  ALL with the way the run it and the FACT they want to save money.  It is that simple.

I wouldn't do business with a pedophile.  Yo are making outrageous comparisons.  Here is one closer.  I did my show in 2002.  I told many people what I wanted to do.  I said I wanted to have more pro bb's at the show than has ever been in Hawaii at one time.  I said which ones I was bringing.  Absolutely 100% of the people I told said don't bring Sean Ray.  He has a very bad reputation here.  But I didn't listen cause I had talked to Sean and I liked his body and figured he wouldn't be bad for me.  So I brought him.  Well now I regret it.  So no more.  Exactly with Wayne.  I will support him until something happens that changes my mind.  SO far not even you can say he has done anything but done good for BB and the bodybuilders. He put on a great show, promoted BB bigtime, paid everyone with no bounced checks but with direct deposit, and has more shows scheduled and isgoing forward with everythign he has said he will do.  So, until something goes wrong I will still support.

As with the IFBB, they do nothing right.  I have done dealings with Weider and again was warned.  Well he cost me allot of grief and allot fo disappointment to hundreds of kids.  So he is exactly the asshole I was told.