Author Topic: Promise Rings  (Read 10656 times)

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
Re: Promise Rings
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2006, 01:07:10 PM »
I know. I think unless someone is loaded it is ghey to spend tons on a ring. If you are rich...cool. I know people who didn't own homes who went out and spent thousands on rings. People that had kids already, no college fund, but spent a mint on on rings :-\

My engagement and wedding rings were both rather inexpensive. We bought a house instead. I had a great marriage, and still wear them around my neck to this day. They have not turned green as of yet ;D

Very nice to hear (and congrats of course on having a good marriage and head on your shoulders!)

It is just a stupid ring...people should spend more time getting the relationship part down and not worry so much about the 4 C's and the wedding (imo)
Jennifer

Migs

• Getbig V
  • THERE WAS A FIRE FIGHT!!!!
« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2006, 01:09:24 PM »
how much is the average wedding now a days, i heard something like 20k???   :o

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2006, 01:15:48 PM »
That may be the average but I know a few couples weddings that were over 30 G's and they did not have a ton of money.  What was the craziest was like 2 months after one girls wedding I was speaking with her mother.  Now the wedding was beautiful and the room looked amazing and the mother says "We should have had more flowers on the tables"  WTF???  I would think that you would be saying "man, we spent too much on flowers, or decorations...blah blah blah"  Most people don't remember those things, they remember the dancing and people and overall atmosphere.  Who really cares if there were 10 more roses on each table?  Granted decorations add to the overall ambiance but people are crazy.
Jennifer

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2006, 01:29:18 PM »
sorry but that is insane to me.  i rather use that money to buy a home or something

The BEAST

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
  • She-Beast
« Reply #54 on: October 05, 2006, 02:34:16 PM »
Exactly
Jennifer

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: October 05, 2006, 08:24:19 PM »
Aren't promise rings something you do at like 17 years old?
The House that Ruth built

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 05, 2006, 08:27:31 PM »
nope.  not unless you are a wussy

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #57 on: October 05, 2006, 08:31:14 PM »
nope.  not unless you are a wussy

Migs, I was married for 20 years to my childhood sweetheart. We hooked up at like 14. I had known her since kindergarten. I can't even remember anything about how courtship works. At 45 this old dog isn't learning any new tricks!
The House that Ruth built

Migs

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 05, 2006, 08:34:54 PM »
lol.  growing up for me we would give girls our varsity pin..never a promise ring