Author Topic: Is this Ronnie's best side chest ever?  (Read 5224 times)

TDK

• Getbig II
Is this Ronnie's best side chest ever?
« on: September 30, 2006, 02:58:28 PM »
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say this is the best side chest I have ever seen on Coleman.  Granted he isn't 100% this year but him being super full this year seems to compliment this pose.  I've never seen his chest this full, thick and shapely and his delts and arms look huge here.  His legs could be more ripped and his gut is being hidden somewhat by his arms however.

Some of you may disagree with me here or think I'm crazy by stating this lol.  I, of course, favour his 99 and 01 Arnold look overall though.  It reminds me of that offseason side chest pic of him when he's guest posing a few years back but here he has way more detail and condition of course.

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Re: Is this Ronnie's best side chest ever?
« Reply #1 on: September 30, 2006, 03:00:29 PM »
It would be a lot more impressive if he actually knew how to do the pose correctly. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2006, 03:01:17 PM »
You maybe right and I somewhat agree but I think because he has such complete arm development from top to bottom that it gives an illusion of his side chest being so complete. Chest is definitely massive but I think this pose definitely is attributed to how complete his arms are and his hamstrings hang so low.
Truly STOP WHINING

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2006, 03:02:06 PM »

Maybe if he pulled his right shoulder/arm back about 5 inches to show more of his upper torso then I would agree but it looks like he is trying to hide than show off.
?

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2006, 03:04:08 PM »
But isnt this how Ronnie has always posed his side chest?  I'm not talking THE best side chest, just Ronnie's best.  Crunching down probably makes his chest look even thicker and hides his wide waist more so it suits him imo.

Compare the pics yourselves http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/callouts/.

No one has a thicker chest.....No where near.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2006, 03:06:36 PM »

Maybe if he pulled his right shoulder/arm back about 5 inches to show more of his upper torso then I would agree but it looks like he is trying to hide than show off.
He used to come all out with it and show his chest and do the post correct, now he is hunched in

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #6 on: September 30, 2006, 03:07:51 PM »
Ronnie has always had great arms, but the best side chest ever? Not by a long shot.

In the that pic he displays plenty of size, but very little shape and aesthetics. His upper legs are still, relatively, too big, while his calves are too small and his chest is thick, but sagging. He's just a massive lump of muscle. But he's doing a good to cover his midsection with his forearm, well nearly anyway.
Lies, damn lies and diets

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2006, 03:09:38 PM »
But isnt this how Ronnie has always posed his side chest?  I'm not talking THE best side chest, just Ronnie's best.  Crunching down probably makes his chest look even thicker and hides his wide waist more so it suits him imo.

Compare the pics yourselves http://mr-olympia-2006.ronnie.cz/callouts/.

No one has a thicker chest.....No where near.
It maybe Ronnies best side chest.  But he has to lean back a tad.  Im no competitor but you have to showcase your best and hide your weaknesses if you have any.  In any great side chest you can see everything.  You're right on with his chest being thick as a tank.  He needs to show what he has like this old pic
Truly STOP WHINING

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2006, 03:10:17 PM »
Ronnie has always had great arms, but the best side chest ever? Not by a long shot.

Did I say he had the chest side chest ever?  ???

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2006, 03:11:29 PM »
IMO his chest looks way thicker when he huntches in slightly.  I don't like the Arnold way of hitting it personally.

Gord

• Getbig IV
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2006, 03:12:03 PM »
Did I say he had the chest side chest ever?  ???

No you didn't. My mistake.  :-X

He does look much better in the second shot.

HERACLES

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: September 30, 2006, 03:12:49 PM »
It would be a lot more impressive if he actually knew how to do the pose correctly. ::)

hahaha...okay maybe you should show him?  ::)  he was prob caught in route to finishing it....

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #12 on: September 30, 2006, 03:14:55 PM »
No you didn't. My mistake.  :-X

He does look much better in the second shot.

Really?  I think he looks way better in this years shot.  What bodypart is better on him in that B&W pic?

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: September 30, 2006, 03:21:48 PM »
He just doesn't look as good when he leans back more.....and it shows his gyno off

Gord

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: September 30, 2006, 03:24:24 PM »
Really?  I think he looks way better in this years shot.  What bodypart is better on him in that B&W pic?

Well, he is obviously not as big in the second shot, by better I mean he has much better balance and proportion between his muscles. In the first shot, he is impressive from a mass point of view, and the the right arms still looks great, really his physique just doesn't flow anymore.

To my eyes the all the body parts in the second shots look as good, if not as big, with much better midsection and flow. Ronnie had a superb physique mid to late 1990s. He'll probably still be given the win this weekend (just the way judging goes at the "O"), but his best days are behind him.

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #15 on: September 30, 2006, 03:29:35 PM »
I totally agree that his best days are behind him and I prefer his 98, 99 look overall like I said.  Maybe saying BEST side chest is too subjective.  Perhaps most dominant side chest shot is more appropriate.

I think it's easily the best pic of him in the pics I've seen this year.

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2006, 03:38:38 PM »
You can see his dominance in this pose here...

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2006, 03:40:31 PM »

Agree with you.  if he fell into that shot perfectly it would look even more amazing.

body88

« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2006, 03:43:29 PM »
You can see his dominance in this pose here...

And his losing of the contest in these ones haha! Look at cutler back! Cutler has a better back than Coleman now. Better hams, calves and glutes. Look at his quads in the front lat spread. Bigger and more detailed!

Ronnie has him on the side chest and vascularity. Thats about it. Jay is better! Those who say Jay is not as detailed as Ronnie are exaggerating. Jay is just as detailed he is not as vascular. That is a drawback for Jay. but I love how the nuthuggers don't mention how Jays quads are bigger drier and way more detailed than Ronnie's.

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2006, 04:00:40 PM »
Again, I'm not talking about Jay compared to Ronnie at this year's O.  We're discussing Ronnie against Ronnie of the past.  This is also a post about the side chest pose if you read the title.

Don't turn this into another Jay vs Ronnie thread.  That is not what this thread is about so get over it.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #20 on: September 30, 2006, 04:03:53 PM »

There's another photo, I think Hulkster may have posted it a few hundred times, that shows Ronnie from a guest posing in lime green trunks. To this day, it's the biggest most symmetrical I've seen any person. He's fairly lean too, but the mass is just mind boggling.

TDK

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: September 30, 2006, 04:06:41 PM »
If you quickly scroll up and look at the top pic I think Ronnie is even bigger at this year's O then at that famous guest pose pic  :o

Thanks for posting it.

body88

« Reply #22 on: September 30, 2006, 04:10:38 PM »
Again, I'm not talking about Jay compared to Ronnie at this year's O.  We're discussing Ronnie against Ronnie of the past.  This is also a post about the side chest pose if you read the title.

Don't turn this into another Jay vs Ronnie thread.  That is not what this thread is about so get over it.

Oh sorry..... Nevermind then!

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2006, 04:14:48 PM »
If you quickly scroll up and look at the top pic I think Ronnie is even bigger at this year's O then at that famous guest pose pic  :o

Thanks for posting it.

He may be physically bigger, but the illusion the pic I talk about is more profound. To me anyhow.

*Edit- Found the shot...still impresses me....

phyxsius

• Getbig V
  • Mini Getbigger
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2006, 04:28:46 PM »
Dex has the best side chest pose
I am a mini beast