Author Topic: Roger Clemens just named in steroid indictment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 4330 times)

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
just heard it on ESPN, i'll post more when i hear it.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
Who cares!!!  There is no proof.  Just b/c he is named doesn't mean shit.  Show me proof

Bast000

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Team Malk-Gallon
Unfortunately for that necrophilia victim, he's not Squad Approved and will pay the price.

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV

not surprised as he made his comeback....wow at least he could look good that he is "on"...he looks like a bag of donughts....

they better test this stuff

:-\

sarcasm

• Getbig V
the LA Times says that a federal affidavit by a "teammate" says that Clemens and Pettite both used steroids, GH and amphetamines, both men had no comment.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
the LA Times says that a federal affidavit by a "teammate" says that Clemens and Pettite both used steroids, GH and amphetamines, both men had no comment.
Its been obvious this guy has been juicing in some sort for years.  40 plus years old throwing that kind of gas?  He is in great shape but the guy has been roiding somehow to stay competing at that level.
Truly STOP WHINING

sarcasm

• Getbig V
the thing that makes me wonder is that steroids don't really help pitchers that much, the human elbow will only allow so much velocity and no matter how much you take no one will ever exceed 100mph on their fastball, the drugs would probably help with injuries and longevity though.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

getfast81

• Getbig III
  • Borat is for the weak................
the thing that makes me wonder is that steroids don't really help pitchers that much, the human elbow will only allow so much velocity and no matter how much you take no one will ever exceed 100mph on their fastball, the drugs would probably help with injuries and longevity though.
Exactly.  He has been throwing heat for 20 years plus blowing people out of the box.  The juice gives him that edge to stay competing.
Truly STOP WHINING

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
but juice also breaks down joints/liagements/tendons over time and Roger's had none of that. Hamstring/back injuries yes but never elbow/shoulder/rotator cuff injuries in 20+ years. I waiver back and forth on whether he's done roids or not.

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Its been obvious this guy has been juicing in some sort for years.  40 plus years old throwing that kind of gas?  He is in great shape but the guy has been roiding somehow to stay competing at that level.

Ditto.  He doesn't even look the same person.  Why are people in such denial?  ???

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
I heard about roger using Gh in as early as 2002..... :-*

Wombat

• Getbig IV
  • Your name tattooed to my ass!
but juice also breaks down joints/liagements/tendons over time and Roger's had none of that. Hamstring/back injuries yes but never elbow/shoulder/rotator cuff injuries in 20+ years. I waiver back and forth on whether he's done roids or not.

no it doesn't...abuse of gear can do that but not moderate doses(cycling on and off)

Aerian

• Getbig IV
  • "Yumm yumm give me some"
THere was a big article in a one of the sports mags about how PITCHERS are the MOST juiced individuals in baseball.  Talked about how the act of throwing a ball is one of the most unnatural movements of the arm. And it was the pitchers who had the high highest demand for the special 'docs'. 

Very interesting but who cares really.  Imo Juice all ya want just dont hurt anybody
Wait for it....

Wombat

• Getbig IV
Its been rumored that Roger Clemans had to clear out his system because he would have test positive at the start of the season...Hence is why he chose to miss the first half....

I don't know if its true but it makes sense...If he retires now and doesn't come back, he will look pretty guilty to me....The guy had the best ERA in the national league...YOu don't retire after a season like that(even though it was only a 1/2 season)

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
They should just go ahead and name everyone because they all use something.  I've said it before, but because it's relative to this i'll mention it again.  Around 87 I worked the door at some of my friends clubs in NY.  i had many pro athletes asking me questions about steroids, gh etc.  One in patrticular was a very good relief pitcher for the Mets.  aside from the, as a trainer i've worked with many college age kids playing for top schools in track , basketball, wrestling and baseball.  Everyone is looking for an aid to their training.

Wombat

• Getbig IV
They should just go ahead and name everyone because they all use something.  I've said it before, but because it's relative to this i'll mention it again.  Around 87 I worked the door at some of my friends clubs in NY.  i had many pro athletes asking me questions about steroids, gh etc.  One in patrticular was a very good relief pitcher for the Mets.  aside from the, as a trainer i've worked with many college age kids playing for top schools in track , basketball, wrestling and baseball.  Everyone is looking for an aid to their training.

absolutly...Their is just too much money to be made in baseball....The diff/in having 10 more homeruns a year could mean millions...Or having 3 to 5 more wins could also mean millions...

legbreaker

• Getbig IV

Steroids, specifically testosterone does NOT break down tendon, ligament, synovial fluid or cartilage.  Injury, repetitive stressors, poor alignment, age and drying of synovial fluid and lack of glycosaminoglycans, abnormal prostaglandins, etc do.  Gh is now being used by a orthopedic in maimi with GREAT success for cartilage and joint problems....it will NOT be long that these athletes are allowed to use gh to aid in recovery and therefore prevent injury.  Also, we're seeing an increasingly large number of athletes playing into their 40's and being competitive.  That means money to ball teams.  Once one of these players goes to a doctor because they are feeling like hell from over training and lack of repair and their hormones levels, sex hormone binding globulin levels come back out of whack, one of these guys is gonna say that for my HEALTH and wellbeing i gotta be on HRT.  Tides will begin to change within the next 10 years. If you think testosterone and gh use is gonna go away your crazy.  It will only become more common, then within ten years things will change and thinking will change.  The ONLY reason it was a common thought that you can't compete in 40's is because of lack of hormones and susequent breakdown of tissue and joints without repair....and society's sheltered thinking that 40 or even 30 is old.  I know that when I'm 40 (I'm 38 now), I will be able to compete in ANY fashion (athletic wise) with anyone,......I took up pro wrestling last year and got a contract with the wwe.  I improved more than ANY single person Jody Hamilton(50 years hall of fame guy) has EVER seen..his words exactly.  Now after years of bodybuilding and being in a boxing gym with my brother i will have my first jui jitsu tournament......it is what it is, believe if you want, but it all comes down to TRAINING and repair.  ARE you willing to train the way you did when you were 20 at 40?  Take the gh and keep test levels normal and you CAN be better then you were at 20, no doubt.  Training has progresses significantly over the years.  A guy like Roger Clemens works every single day on rotator external/internal, abduction and proprioception exercises and THAT'S why he stayes great.  Same with randy johnson and many others.  The ONLY thing is that in contact sports only (football/boxing)injuries BEYOND the control of any single person take place.  Absent of that there is no reason athletes can not be compettive in their 50's.....in marathon running it is already happening, bike riding it will as well.  One more thing.  Giambi has a pituitary tumor.  The treatment for EVERY SINGLE PERSON with a prolactin secreting (not gh) tumor is testosterone and eventually gh.  This is a fact, my brother has been through the ringer with it and i know all about them.  What does baseball say about giambi (medically prescribed testosterone)? 

HowieW

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
Thanks for the heads up, but , it still amazes me how the media and gen sports fans act like steroid use is news. What a shock ,,,, NOT!
Kelly Ryan married well!  Free Titus!

pobrecito

• Getbig V
you all are very nieve if you think Clemens hasn't used :-\

body88

Andy pennet also... Slew of other big names.

tommywishbone

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • Biscuit
What? A 43 yr old pitcher who is still almost as good as he was at 23 yrs old, and someone mentions steroids? That's absurd.
a

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Unfortunately for that necrophilia victim, he's not Squad Approved and will pay the price.

He put in his application, but failed to include 3 references and the applicant fee.  Also his owning abilities were discovered to be subpar.

For wasting the Squad's time, well, you see the shit he's dealing with now...

legbreaker

• Getbig IV
You do realize that the steroids do not make you a better pitcher; they ALLOW you to train and continue to develop your skill and get more experience, which makes you a better pitcher.  

ILLICON

• Getbig II

there are tons of pitchers who have done it

http://www.baseball-almanac.com/articles/fastest-pitcher-in-baseball.shtml

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
THere was a big article in a one of the sports mags about how PITCHERS are the MOST juiced individuals in baseball.  Talked about how the act of throwing a ball is one of the most unnatural movements of the arm. And it was the pitchers who had the high highest demand for the special 'docs'. 

Very interesting but who cares really.  Imo Juice all ya want just dont hurt anybody

Iv'e been saying this for 5 years. Evryone assumes it's the just the sluggers. Wrong.....Pitchers benefit even more from gear because it is by far the most physically taxing position in baseball.

Which brings up another question....If the guy throwing the ball is on just as much shit as the guy hitting it, is it still cheating?