Author Topic: Alves.. the most overlooked at the Olympia!  (Read 4719 times)

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
Re: Alves.. the most overlooked at the Olympia!
« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2006, 12:42:57 AM »
David Henry was the most overlooked.

But its because he dissed Ron.  Ron had him placed in dead last.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2006, 02:46:59 AM »
Troy is a modern day Frank Zane---Troy has an outstanding physique----at this point if I were Troy-----I would enter the other contests thruout the year more frequently like Darrem Charles does---Troy would stand a good chance of placing high (perhaps winning?) one of these contests---plus the added exposure wouldnt hurt.

I believe he may have had an injury that has kept him sidelined a bit this last year or so.

Good luck to him, great balance, great back !!!

Troy Alves should never do the Olympia again.

He deserved to be up with the top guys, but the muscle worshippers completely ignored the "no-gut" judging policy, and went with their wet fantasies Cutler and Coleman.

Alves, as well as Dexter, Darrem, Ronnie Rockel and Dave Henry, shouldn't even enter the Olympia.

What's the point? They stand no chance of winning, or even placing in the top 3, despite being better bodybuilders than most of the other guys.

YIP
Zack
As empty as paradise

dcurrent

• Getbig II
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2006, 02:28:46 PM »

He deserved to be up with the top guys, but the muscle worshippers completely ignored the "no-gut" judging policy, and went with their wet fantasies Cutler and Coleman.

Alves, as well as Dexter, Darrem, Ronnie Rockel and Dave Henry, shouldn't even enter the Olympia.

What's the point? They stand no chance of winning, or even placing in the top 3, despite being better bodybuilders than most of the other guys.

YIP
Zack

I agree, but if they all didn't do the Olympia... it would be a poor turnout and there wouldn't be enough competitors..because these are the guys that are all truly winning and placing well in the shows.
This will then result in low tickets sales, and this will result in the IFBB forcing themselves to change the judging criteria. Oh, wait.. great idea.. they shouldn't do the O!

Stavios

« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2006, 02:41:29 PM »

YIP
Zack

I don't know what is so special with Troy.....

he lacks muscle mass and could be sharper

the only time he looked really amazing was at the 2005 Ironman

other than that I am not impressed by what he brings onstage