Author Topic: Washing training gloves  (Read 2515 times)

BayGBM

• Getbig V
Washing training gloves
« on: October 02, 2006, 05:31:43 PM »
Can I wash my black training gloves? 

They are made by Harbinger and appear to be made of a combination of leather (in the palm area), and a kind of expandable mesh like fiber (on the back of hand).  Will they shrink too much, unravel, or suffer some other ill effect if I put them in the washing machine?

I’ve been using this pair for about 4 years now and they probably have a lot of dirt on them I can’t even see.  :-[

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
Re: Washing training gloves
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 06:17:29 PM »
dude... buy new gloves!!!

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 09:42:55 PM »
NO!!!! don't wash them.  I had the same pair Leather with wriststraps.  I washed them and then they just started falling apart on me.  After 4 years they must stink pretty bad.  Just buy some new onces.  I am now using Nike ones that are 100% synthetic with wriststraps, They were pretty uncomfortable at first, but they are great now, plus I have washed them twice, and they have held up pretty well, with the exception that some of the stiching has started to come out.  Plus the Nike ones breathe much better than the Harbinger ones. 

krazee

• Getbig III
  • It's all about the next shirt size....
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 10:21:47 PM »
Tons of sales out there if you are tight on money man, just look for them and buy some new ones....4 years same gloves, your hands haven't fallen off yet? Hopefully your not trying to pick anyone up while your at the gym.....I would think the weights are already half way out the door running away from your gloves.
Just spot me BITCH!!!

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 04:42:48 AM »
Why gloves, only use straps when it's neccesary.

Your hands don't get rougher through all the pulling and pushing.

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 04:45:42 AM »

I would imagine for germs. Do you know how many poeple get shit(literally) on the weights? but if he hasn't washed them in 4 years, that may not be the reason. :-\
E

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 05:20:38 AM »
I admit if I put them right to my nose, I can small something funky but otherwise I can’t smell them.  I didn’t think four years was a long time; they are holding up very well.

How often do you routinely ditch your gloves for a new pair?

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2006, 05:22:56 AM »
I admit if I put them right to my nose, I can small something funky but otherwise I can’t smell them.  I didn’t think four years was a long time; they are holding up very well.

I know your type likes smooth hands, but I would go without gloves. Reason being, you can wash the piss and fecal matter off your hands after every workout, but with gloves you'd have to wash them every time. God forbid you accidently wipe your face with those things.
E

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2006, 05:32:33 AM »
never wore gloves dont like em but if you must dont wash em buy new ones you broke fucker..
p

Petrucci

• Getbig IV
  • Team Kratos!!!
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2006, 06:26:42 AM »
Mine seems to be exactly like yours, and what i do is, i wash it just with water (maybe a little soap, just a little).
 But dont wash it hard, do it softly or probably some days later it will start to falling apart like someone told...
 Then the best way to dry is just live it on a place where it gets sun and wind...
 In fact, if you want to try it, just live it on a open area under the sun for like 2 days. Usually the bad smell goes completely away! but its good to wash it at least once a month
!

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2006, 08:14:45 AM »
Mine seems to be exactly like yours, and what i do is, i wash it just with water (maybe a little soap, just a little).
 But dont wash it hard, do it softly or probably some days later it will start to falling apart like someone told...
 Then the best way to dry is just live it on a place where it gets sun and wind...
 In fact, if you want to try it, just live it on a open area under the sun for like 2 days. Usually the bad smell goes completely away! but its good to wash it at least once a month

Thanx.  I'm gonna try that... just washing my hands with soap and water (with the gloves on) and then let them air dry.

I can lift more with gloves than without. I am so used to them, I would not work out without my gloves.  :)

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2006, 10:57:52 AM »
I wash my gloves all the time.  Just put them in one of those mesh laundry bags and throw in machine.  Air dry.  I've never had a problem.
:

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2006, 11:39:23 AM »

maybe he likes having soft hands?

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2006, 02:17:02 PM »
I wash my gloves all the time.  Just put them in one of those mesh laundry bags and throw in machine.  Air dry.  I've never had a problem.

princess, can i through my laundry in with yours?   ;D

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2006, 08:47:11 PM »
princess, can i through my laundry in with yours?   ;D
Not if you have skid marks.
:

BayGBM

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 04:24:49 AM »
I did it. I washed them by hand with a bar of soap and then let them air dry on the dashboard of my car.  They were pretty stiff when I put them back on but after one work out they are back to normal.  :)

One word of warning: black leather in these gloves runs and stains a lot so whether it’s by hand or by machine be certain to wash them by themselves.

egoatdoor

• Getbig III
  • A thinking man's bodybuilder
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 04:28:06 AM »
I use Scheiks. After about a month, they get clammy and smelly, so I soak them in lukewarm water with some detergent for an hour and then hang them up to dry. It takes about a day or so to fully dry. They last me a couple of years.
Go hard or go home!

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #17 on: October 15, 2006, 12:07:35 PM »

Uhh, a had a pair of harbingers, wrist wrap and padding.. last about 2 years max, Im talking holes and shit. Im onto my 3rd pair in 3 years.

Nothing wrong with washing em..

Gloves stop my hands getting messed up. I could use chalk but hate the feel and the shit goes everywhere. Plus chicks dont dig scabby scaly hands all over em, so there.