Author Topic: Pics of Matt C.  (Read 91181 times)

Matt C

• Getbig V
  • The White Vince Goodrum
Pics of Matt C.
« on: October 03, 2006, 05:41:51 PM »
Here are some to start off with.  These pictures were taken without a pump.  My weight is in the 190s and I am bulking right now (or trying to) and obviously not in condition.  I would like to hit 200 as I have been there before, and that is where I plateau.

I am pleased with my physique and know I could get in good condition if I wanted to.  My only concern is my chest which looks like a sunken treasure despite a bench press one rep max of well over 300 pounds.  I will post some more pics as I progress taken from the front and with a pump.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
Re: Pics of Matt C.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2006, 05:59:48 PM »
Monster Lats...other than that, awesome shoulders  8)
follow the arrows

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2006, 06:03:21 PM »
Your technique needs work. What type of program you following?
just push some weight!

candidate2025

• Getbig IV
  • chillin out relaxing
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2006, 09:11:49 PM »
how come you dont train any other body parts than shoulders?
d[-_-]b actin all cool

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2006, 10:26:15 PM »
I swear dude I thought you were black!

AVBG

« Reply #5 on: October 03, 2006, 10:28:23 PM »
You look good Matt. To look better, you must follow the Alexxx principals  ;D

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2006, 11:28:33 PM »
I swear dude I thought you were black!

Why do so many people here confuse me for Matt T?  ???

hmm, maybe it's just the name.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2006, 08:22:07 AM »
big ass delts and arms and small waist, good work Matt.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

Ice Princess

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2006, 08:47:29 AM »
ok so your not the jacked black guy then (matt T)
your the skinny scrawny white guy posing in a glory holed steam room

Ice Princess

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2006, 08:48:38 AM »
i love this shot!

toodzl4u

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2006, 10:20:15 AM »
Some of the opinionated spouting off in your posts I thought you would have a lot of mature muscle.......what you have is certainly a start though.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2006, 11:07:54 AM »
Here are some to start off with.  These pictures were taken without a pump.  My weight is in the 190s and I am bulking right now (or trying to) and obviously not in condition.  I would like to hit 200 as I have been there before, and that is where I plateau.

I am pleased with my physique and know I could get in good condition if I wanted to.  My only concern is my chest which looks like a sunken treasure despite a bench press one rep max of well over 300 pounds.  I will post some more pics as I progress taken from the front and with a pump.

Not bad but I wouldnt go to the 200s if I were you.

You have probably 40 lbs to lose or so from here.  Getting in the 200s will just make it worse with more to lose.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2006, 12:03:04 PM »
Adam,

I would like to be 210 in the same condition as I am now.  At 200 I was in the same condition and I know I was fat by bodybuilding competition standards but I could still see striations in my delts.

Remember, it's not a matter of gaining 10 pounds of new mass - it's muscle memory.  That's why I know I can do it without getting fat.  Now 210 is another story.  Give me a month or so of catch up and I will back in the low 200s.

I think you also might be forgetting the difference a pump makes.  I'm going to use this post to post more pics and strength clips.  I'm not one to spout a claim and not follow through with it.  I'll see about getting a clip of me doing 300 pounds on the flat bench for 5-8 and some clips of me doing shoulder presses with the 100s+.

Now there are comments here both good and bad and I appreciate all of them but here's the thing: I never claimed genetic superiority and I never had an ego about anything.  All I said is that pro bodybuilders in general are in large part the way they are due to drugs.  I think it's safe to say I am probably holding more lean muscle than Kevin Levrone is right now even looking as I do.  Pros are people just like the rest of us and be weary of claims of them being so superior.  That's my point.

I will post a clip though and I think you will see that I'm closer to lean than I am to fat right now.  A pump makes a huge difference.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

Ice Princess

• Time Out
  • Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2006, 12:19:52 PM »
 :o

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 12:28:24 PM »
Adam,

I would like to be 210 in the same condition as I am now.  At 200 I was in the same condition and I know I was fat by bodybuilding competition standards but I could still see striations in my delts.

Remember, it's not a matter of gaining 10 pounds of new mass - it's muscle memory.  That's why I know I can do it without getting fat.  Now 210 is another story.  Give me a month or so of catch up and I will back in the low 200s.

I think you also might be forgetting the difference a pump makes.  I'm going to use this post to post more pics and strength clips.  I'm not one to spout a claim and not follow through with it.  I'll see about getting a clip of me doing 300 pounds on the flat bench for 5-8 and some clips of me doing shoulder presses with the 100s+.

Now there are comments here both good and bad and I appreciate all of them but here's the thing: I never claimed genetic superiority and I never had an ego about anything.  All I said is that pro bodybuilders in general are in large part the way they are due to drugs.  I think it's safe to say I am probably holding more lean muscle than Kevin Levrone is right now even looking as I do.  Pros are people just like the rest of us and be weary of claims of them being so superior.  That's my point.

I will post a clip though and I think you will see that I'm closer to lean than I am to fat right now.  A pump makes a huge difference.

I think you look great and are one of the top naturals on here.
But you will see when you diet all the way down that you will need to lose around 40 lbs.

No shame in admitting it.  You have great muscularity and will look pretty impressive once you diet down.

The Master

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 01:48:10 PM »
i love this shot!

I see Matt C hurt your feelings at one point :-*

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 01:53:08 PM »
But you will see when you diet all the way down that you will need to lose around 40 lbs.

No shame in admitting it.  You have great muscularity and will look pretty impressive once you diet down.

4o lbs?are you out of your mind?With the right diet,trainning and supplement he can get well under 10 % bf with 20 -25 lbs to lose

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2006, 02:23:50 PM »
4o lbs?are you out of your mind?With the right diet,trainning and supplement he can get well under 10 % bf with 20 -25 lbs to lose

To be ripped,

About 40 lbs needs to come off.

benjamin pearson

• Getbig IV
  • Dan18 has a huge forehead
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2006, 02:54:23 PM »
Looking good Matt C good delts..... bring up that back though

G

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2006, 02:56:13 PM »
To be ripped,

I

what are u saying - that he's 20% bf? Disagree! If he goes by your diets - he will probably end up losing 40 lbs, half of wich probably be muscle.But if he does it the right way, 20 lbs will be enough.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2006, 03:06:12 PM »
To be ripped,

there is no way he has 40lbs of fat on him...he loses that much and about a 1/3 of it is muscle...  You look good bro, don't let this a-hole tell you about how fat you are so he can feel better about himself.

G.R.H.

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2006, 03:26:01 PM »
nice job! u look pretty cut. 8)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2006, 04:17:14 PM »
You guys have never been single digit before obviously.

When he diets down he will see that he needs to lose 40 lbs.

Matt C

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2006, 05:11:00 PM »

Adam,

Of course I feel that way about you also and have said it before and will say it again.  I think in general the point needs to be made that without hormones, the human body simply was not designed to carry as much muscle as we have been led to believe.

As for dieting down, I've seen guys at 230 in the same condition as me if not worse get to 190 totally shredded and maybe even too depleted.  That said, if I get back to the low 200s and cut from there, I can't see needing to lose quite 40 pounds to get in top condition.  Granted, I would have to lose a fair bit, I won't deny that, but 40 pounds seems a bit much I think.  40 pounds would definitely not be 40 pounds of fat alone.

That said, I don't plan on cutting anytime soon.  What I would love more than anything:

1. Once I get to 200-202, find some kind of diet to help me add five pounds of lean mass over the next year.

2. Get a chest.  My back is a weak point too, but nothing I don't think I can bring up or was ever worried about.  Chest on the other hand, I've tried lots of things and it stills stalls.  Worse than anything is that I could probably do a 320 bench with strict IPF form right now and I still have poor chest development.

Stavios sent me a good PM on chest training that I still need to respond too.
Bodybuilding Pro.com

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2006, 06:26:24 PM »
Have you tried hitting your chest more frequently? Using a variety of rep schemes, focusing primarily on the 6-9 rep range (for bb'ing purposes)? Seems like a good idea to hit the chest with some heavy weight in the 3-5 rep range on the bench press. Perhaps adding in a lighter day, focusing on the higher rep ranges (8-12) would be advisable. Also possible to periodise your workouts rotating light (60% of heavy, 8-12 reps), medium(80% of heavy- 6-8 reps), and heavy days(3-5 reps), hitting your peaks on heavy days then cycling back down and then back up again. Maybe something like Medium - Heavy - Light - Medium -Heavy- etc.
So suppose you're hitting chest twice a week: (On a split like this, I think alternating UPPER and LOWER days is optimal. The days listed are when you're hitting Upper body or your selected bodyparts)

Week 1:
Day1-medium
Day2-heavy

Week 2:
Day3-Light
Day4-Medium

Week3:
Day5-Heavy
Day6-Medium

and so on..
follow the arrows