Author Topic: GH 15 Speaks the TRUTH on what is POSSIBLE!  (Read 50251 times)

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
Re: GH 15 Speaks the TRUTH on what is POSSIBLE!
« Reply #50 on: October 04, 2006, 01:33:50 PM »
So, Christian, no more "warrior diet" for you then?   ;D

Well I only did this for like 6 weeks ... it does fit my psychological profile as I tend to be a binge eater and have my biggest food cravings at night. I think that it does work for a while IF you have a super slow metabolism (lower rate of protein turnover) but I ended up losing muscle mass while on it. I did enjoy it though.

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #51 on: October 04, 2006, 01:34:39 PM »
Tell us their age, but DO NOT mention their BF%.

Sebastien was 22 in those pics. I don't remember Allen's ... he's in my files somewhere, I'd have to check it out.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #52 on: October 04, 2006, 01:42:47 PM »
Well I only did this for like 6 weeks ... it does fit my psychological profile as I tend to be a binge eater and have my biggest food cravings at night. I think that it does work for a while IF you have a super slow metabolism (lower rate of protein turnover) but I ended up losing muscle mass while on it. I did enjoy it though.

Explain the loss of muscle mass.
How did you gauge it?

CT

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: October 04, 2006, 01:52:49 PM »
Explain the loss of muscle mass.
How did you gauge it?

Well, when I did it I was already fairly lean (around 8%.. I never go above 10%) and at that point it is fairly easy for me to assess if I'm making progress or not.

I also felt smaller. Now, some might argue that it was due to glycogen depletion but since the WD calls for a moderate carbs approach AND that I used low-carbs diets a lot in the past I know what being flat feels and looks like and this wasn't it.

I lost strength in the gym, something that rarely if ever happens to me even when I'm dieting super severely.

My girlfriend kept telling me that I was losing fullness and didn't look as thick... she's been involved in bodybuilding for over 20 years and has been competing for something like 15 years, so she has a very good eye for these things.

BUT I know some guys who had success with the approach or something similar. Serge Nubret, who was a good friend of one of my own friends, used to eat only once a day and had one of the best physique in the world. BUT he also used to train 4-5 hours a day with sets of 25-30 reps and have sex for another 4-5 hours... the guy was a freak so he's not really a good basis for comparison.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: October 04, 2006, 01:54:41 PM »
Adonis is where it stops naturally? 167lbs? sorry, I don't think so. Do you really think Adonis has good genetics? hell no. He could juice to the gills and still never win a local show or even an internet "show".

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: October 04, 2006, 02:05:21 PM »
Well, when I did it I was already fairly lean (around 8%.. I never go above 10%) and at that point it is fairly easy for me to assess if I'm making progress or not.

I also felt smaller. Now, some might argue that it was due to glycogen depletion but since the WD calls for a moderate carbs approach AND that I used low-carbs diets a lot in the past I know what being flat feels and looks like and this wasn't it.

I lost strength in the gym, something that rarely if ever happens to me even when I'm dieting super severely.

My girlfriend kept telling me that I was losing fullness and didn't look as thick... she's been involved in bodybuilding for over 20 years and has been competing for something like 15 years, so she has a very good eye for these things.

BUT I know some guys who had success with the approach or something similar. Serge Nubret, who was a good friend of one of my own friends, used to eat only once a day and had one of the best physique in the world. BUT he also used to train 4-5 hours a day with sets of 25-30 reps and have sex for another 4-5 hours... the guy was a freak so he's not really a good basis for comparison.

Sounds like typical Glycogen depletion and not muscle loss to me.   Some people store more Glycogen in the muscles and I am one of those people.   This has a lot to do with the type of muscle fibers your body is made up of as well.  The majoprity of people mistake a loss of strength or muscle due to lack of glycogen.  I see it everyday.

The other reason is due to mechanical advantage.  Muscle is extremely hard to lose when consistently resistance training.

When astronauts are in space, Muscle atrophies pretty fast in a Zero G- enviroment due to no resistance and poorer circulation as well as many other factors.  The key is the lack of resistance and stress on the muscles that are casuing atrophy as their nutrition is perfect.

As long as one is applying consistent resistance, no muscle will occur even in a caloric defecit.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: October 04, 2006, 02:06:56 PM »
Muscle Atrophy
Disuse atrophy of muscles (muscle atrophy) and bones, with loss of mass and strength, can occur after prolonged immobility, such as extended bedrest, or having a body part in a cast (living in darkness for the eye, bedridden for the legs, etc). This type of atrophy can usually be reversed with exercise unless severe. Astronauts must exercise regularly to minimize atrophy of their limb muscles while they are in microgravity.

There are many diseases and conditions which cause atrophy of muscle mass. For example diseases such as cancer and AIDS induce a body wasting syndrome called "cachexia", which is notable for the severe muscle atrophy seen. Other syndromes or conditions which can induce skeletal muscle atrophy are congestive heart failure and liver disease.

During aging, there is a gradual decrease in the ability to maintain skeletal muscle function and mass. This condition is called "sarcopenia", and may be distinct from atrophy in its pathophysiology. While the exact cause of sarcopenia is unknown, it may be induced by a combination of a gradual failure in the "satellite cells" which help to regenerate skeletal muscle fibers, and a decrease in sensitivity to or the availability of critical secreted growth factors which are necessary to maintain muscle mass and satellite cell survival

Stavios

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2006, 03:10:46 PM »
cool thread
someone should make it a sticky

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2006, 03:33:22 PM »
cool thread
someone should make it a sticky

I agree.

I try to educate and have fun at the same time.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2006, 04:25:03 PM »
Adonis, how can you give the guy who swore Steve Reeves was a juicer any credibility?
The House that Ruth built

Stavios

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2006, 04:26:42 PM »
Adonis, how can you give the guy who swore Steve Reeves was a juicer any credibility?

how do you knoe Steve wasn't a juicer ?

the only guy who knows is Steve Reeves himself, the rest is only speculations

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2006, 04:32:19 PM »
how do you knoe Steve wasn't a juicer ?

the only guy who knows is Steve Reeves himself, the rest is only speculations

Number one: Reeves was a man of the highest integrity and he said he never used any steroids. Number two: his competetive career pre-dated the availability of steroids. Number three: steroid use didn't become prevelant until about 1963 in bodybuilding in the USA.
The House that Ruth built

ty100

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2006, 05:59:58 PM »
Bones only weigh 10 percent and less of a person.

So given a large or small bone size, you would still outweigh Arnold.
hahhahah

Face it. You are fat and just don`t realize it.

Post a pic and I will be dead honest with you.
im 215lb and all natural. I will like 2 post a pic or 2 just dont know how 2 post them,im new 2 this. Iwill like 4u 2 give me ur opinion on my shape also. thanks

• Getbig III
« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2006, 06:15:39 PM »
WTF.  Are you 2 lazy 2 type "to"?
Ron Paul 2012

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2006, 06:18:52 PM »
My real estate agent is very good friends with Paul D'Accurzio who earned a pro card in the same nationals that Strydom got his. Paul was a natural bantam weight.

ty100

• Getbig II
« Reply #65 on: October 04, 2006, 06:26:14 PM »
WTF.  Are you 2 lazy 2 type "to"?
easy there cow boy lol it gonna be ok lol i love this forum.  ;D

gibberj2

• Getbig IV
« Reply #66 on: October 04, 2006, 06:33:37 PM »
i think GH15 is another one looking for attention. he says he's an undercover pro so we should all believe him on everything? even if he is should we believe everything he says anyway?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #67 on: October 04, 2006, 06:50:06 PM »
Muscle Atrophy
Disuse atrophy of muscles (muscle atrophy) and bones, with loss of mass and strength, can occur after prolonged immobility, such as extended bedrest, or having a body part in a cast (living in darkness for the eye, bedridden for the legs, etc). This type of atrophy can usually be reversed with exercise unless severe. Astronauts must exercise regularly to minimize atrophy of their limb muscles while they are in microgravity.

There are many diseases and conditions which cause atrophy of muscle mass. For example diseases such as cancer and AIDS induce a body wasting syndrome called "cachexia", which is notable for the severe muscle atrophy seen. Other syndromes or conditions which can induce skeletal muscle atrophy are congestive heart failure and liver disease.

During aging, there is a gradual decrease in the ability to maintain skeletal muscle function and mass. This condition is called "sarcopenia", and may be distinct from atrophy in its pathophysiology. While the exact cause of sarcopenia is unknown, it may be induced by a combination of a gradual failure in the "satellite cells" which help to regenerate skeletal muscle fibers, and a decrease in sensitivity to or the availability of critical secreted growth factors which are necessary to maintain muscle mass and satellite cell survival

directly copied from WidiPedia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atrophy
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #68 on: October 04, 2006, 06:52:02 PM »
Muscle Atrophy

you forgot to copy the next paragragh also

"Vaginal Atrophy
In post-menopausal women, the walls of the vagina thin - this process is called atrophy. The mechanism for the age-related condition is not yet clear, though there are theories that the effect is caused by decreases in estrogen levels.
"
Here comes the money shot

Stavios

« Reply #69 on: October 04, 2006, 07:13:25 PM »
Number one: Reeves was a man of the highest integrity and he said he never used any steroids. Number two: his competetive career pre-dated the availability of steroids. Number three: steroid use didn't become prevelant until about 1963 in bodybuilding in the USA.

I read somewhere that steroids were invented in the late 40's

I could absolutly be wrong on this subject thought

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #70 on: October 04, 2006, 07:14:16 PM »
Anyone...........(GH15 included), that speaks in absolutes in automatically wrong. There are exceptions to every rule. All I have to do is look in the mirror and I see a natural who isn't fat that weighs 245 lbs. with 19.5 in arms, a 35 in. waist and a 51 in chest. Now is the time all of you douchebags and jump in and tell me how fat I am to knock me down a few notches, because you don't carry the muscle I do. Iv'e seen T/A's pics at 240 lbs. and I don't carry half as much fat as he did when he wasn't dieted down. Adonis, for someone who seems to have an inquisitive and open mind, why do you insist that your genetic limitations apply to everyone? Never mind me....look at some of the running backs and safeties in the NFL. These guys are thick, very muscular 220-240 pound men that put EVERYONE  here to shame. To say "There are no true naturals over 200 lbs." is fvcking ludicrous, and actually subsribing to that train of thought is laughable.

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #71 on: October 04, 2006, 07:34:43 PM »
Muscle Atrophy
Disuse atrophy of muscles (muscle atrophy) and bones...

Actually the disuse atrophy in bone is considered a form of osteoporosis.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #72 on: October 04, 2006, 07:45:42 PM »
Because protein synthesis ability in the human body don't vary by individual, differentiation is at the species level with some genetic variation between races.

Really.....so you think your abilty to synthesize protein is exactly the same as mine? that's pretty funny.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: October 04, 2006, 08:08:55 PM »

Being wrong on one thing doesn`t make him wrong on 1000 other things.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: October 04, 2006, 08:11:44 PM »
Because protein synthesis ability in the human body don't vary by individual, differentiation is at the species level with some genetic variation between races.

Exactly!