Author Topic: hitting ultimate muscular failure and sometimes no soreness?  (Read 7235 times)

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
hitting ultimate muscular failure and sometimes no soreness?
« on: October 05, 2006, 07:44:58 AM »
as the great jaejonna would say "discuss"

im talking if i spend a long time crushing a bodypart with negatives, heavy weights, and drop sets and no soreness? usually i can get sore id say about 85 percent of the time, but that 15 percent of the time that i dont get sore i feel like i possibly didnt push hard enough to get sore....i dont know but im still the man of course im not stepping down from my king of the world throne anytime soon  :o
A

dorkeroo

• Getbig IV
  • I need steroids for the brain.
Re: hitting ultimate muscular failure and sometimes no soreness?
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 07:46:15 AM »

im talking if i spend a long time crushing a bodypart with negatives, heavy weights, and drop sets and no soreness? usually i can get sore id say about 85 percent of the time, but that 15 percent of the time that i dont get sore i feel like i possibly didnt push hard enough to get sore....i dont know but im still the man of course im not stepping down from my king of the world throne anytime soon  :o

Could be overtraining, I have experienced this and heard others say it as well.

body88

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 07:47:22 AM »
Weird you posted this.... I hit legs yeasterday... 5 sets of squats 5 sets of leg presses... Along with detail shit. No soreness to speak off ???

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 07:49:12 AM »
Weird you posted this.... I hit legs yeasterday... 5 sets of squats 5 sets of leg presses... Along with detail shit. No soreness to speak off ???

i know right!!!! over this year alone i have had to progress on the volume and intensity everyfuckin workout! if i dont i just get stale, this means more freakin time in the gym. i swear when im 50 ill probably have to workout 5 hours of drop sets and negatives to even get sore
A

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 07:49:31 AM »
if you work out on a regular basis and drink plenty of fluids..soreness doesn't exists..if it does it's usually a precursor to injury.  

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 07:50:11 AM »
Could be overtraining, I have experienced this and heard others say it as well.

i dont think so man, i think it would be undertraining.
A

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 07:51:19 AM »
if you work out on a regular basis and drink plenty of fluids..soreness doesn't exists..if it does it's usually a precursor to injury. 

i dont think most would agree with you on that.
A

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 08:25:46 AM »
again that's from personal experience....just depends on how hard you work apparenlty.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 11:39:58 AM »
;) There's still time
:

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 12:33:21 PM »
funny...i get sore after every single workout and i never do more than 12 sets.

8)

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 05:33:23 PM »

where is your proof to back up such an irrational statement?

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 05:47:54 AM »
Actually I agree w/texasRUSH's statement w/just 1 exception.You need to have protein in there also to repair what damage you have done to the muscles trained.It seems to be that way for me in my own training.Can do anything (training style wise) to stress the muscle after my initial soreness yet never ever get extreme soreness in the muscles afterwards.I may get dull aches or the like but never actually sore.

dontknowit

• Getbig III
  • Masino's clit is kidnapped
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 06:28:59 AM »
I only get sore when I change exercises or don't eat enough.

The degree of soreness isn't a criteria for progress.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2006, 06:38:38 AM »
where is your proof to back up such an irrational statement?

OMG SARCASM!

and if it's not...you're asking me to prove how training, eating, etc. the right way prevents muscle soreness?

Shouldn't my biceps be sore from yesterday if that was the case? Instead of the usual 6 sets I did 12 to blast the hell outta them for one good workout...

this morning...no soreness. So either I have no idea wth i'm doing and i'm making it up or you clowns don't know shit...  ;D

I'd hafta go with what sculpter said too...I don't get sore unless I do something dramatic in my training or try a new exercise my body hasn't adjusted to yet...but if you're sore EVERY workout...i'd hafta say you're overtraining or don't know wtf you're doing.

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2006, 06:39:32 AM »

That right there is one of the few BIG things you guys have preached here for years!

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2006, 11:24:52 AM »

Most bodybuilders have such a hard time accepting that as a fact. I hear it so often but why then is my instictual reaction to contemplate over what I did wrong during my workout when I don't get sore?
~

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2006, 05:22:51 PM »
OMG SARCASM!

and if it's not...you're asking me to prove how training, eating, etc. the right way prevents muscle soreness?

Shouldn't my biceps be sore from yesterday if that was the case? Instead of the usual 6 sets I did 12 to blast the hell outta them for one good workout...

this morning...no soreness. So either I have no idea wth i'm doing and i'm making it up or you clowns don't know shit...  ;D

I'd hafta go with what sculpter said too...I don't get sore unless I do something dramatic in my training or try a new exercise my body hasn't adjusted to yet...but if you're sore EVERY workout...i'd hafta say you're overtraining or don't know wtf you're doing.

yo tex... i am drunk... beer and rum have reduced my soreness... this is good shit... gonna play some snoop tunes and nod my head for a bit

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2006, 08:39:24 PM »
better be some dark rum and not that bacardi shit...

don't lose the respect baby!  ;D

5th of johnny walker and a tray of ice says ol' painless is gonna have a good night.

darksol

• Getbig III
  • ProSportNutrition.net
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2006, 10:29:18 PM »
You may not be eating enough.  I have noticed that I only get sore when I have a good workout, and I eat plenty so my body has the right building materials.  If I don't eat enough, then I don't get sore, and I don't getbig.  When you are working out, try to make sure you are cramping up your targeted muscles.  Then stretch the cramp out and repeat. This should make you nice and sore.  ;D

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2006, 10:33:02 PM »
what happened to people not agreeing with me?

a 6pack doesn't count as a meal dw..maybe you shoudl mix in some eas packets with that booze.

Marty Champions

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2006, 08:33:57 PM »
You may not be eating enough.  I have noticed that I only get sore when I have a good workout, and I eat plenty so my body has the right building materials.  If I don't eat enough, then I don't get sore, and I don't getbig.  When you are working out, try to make sure you are cramping up your targeted muscles.  Then stretch the cramp out and repeat. This should make you nice and sore.  ;D

good theory and good idea seems about right to me
A

AVBG

« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2006, 08:57:36 PM »

try cutting the rest between sets to approx 30 secs while trying to move the same weight.. the reps will drop but you'll be sore.. count on it.

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2006, 03:13:22 AM »
better be some dark rum and not that bacardi shit...

don't lose the respect baby!  ;D

5th of johnny walker and a tray of ice says ol' painless is gonna have a good night.

i'm drinking 7 year old Havana Club.... it Cuban dark rum... good shit.... too bad about that american embargo thing....

flexingtonsteele

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • The new age pussy Punisher!
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2006, 08:43:43 AM »
Why do u care about being sore??

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2006, 07:11:58 PM »

When I trained 6 days straight out of the week, no soreness to speak of. When I would take a few days off and then on my first day back = soreness. Similar warmup each time.

I put soreness down to the muscles not being ready to take the load. Those that train twice a week and stretch alot I doubt hardly ever have soreness.