Author Topic: competing in bbing is for a very small % of people  (Read 5745 times)

brad_74

• Getbig II
competing in bbing is for a very small % of people
« on: October 05, 2006, 02:01:58 PM »
Tons of people compete worldwide, but end up looking like complete shit.  I personally think that when most people get to a very low bf% they look real bad.  Take TA for example.  Just not pleasing to the eye. Mike Arvilla.  Looked bad very lean.  I mean I had friends who played soccer whos legs kill "bodybuilders" physiques and they dont work out.  They had a higher bf% but quads especially where twice the size as these guys.  I think 99.99% of lifters should be happy being 7-10% bodyfat, maybe try competing once, and if you look like shit, be happy just being an avid weightlifter. 
I'm not saying this because I think I'm a better bber that you.  NO, I don't have the genetics and would look absolutely terrible at 4% bf.  I would end up looking like a swimmer.  Layne Norton even looks bad in my eyes.

Overall my point is this: Unless your genetics are unreal.  You WILL look very unimpressive on a bbing stage.

davidpaul

• Getbig V
Re: competing in bbing is for a very small % of people
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 02:02:58 PM »
Tons of people compete worldwide, but end up looking like complete shit.  I personally think that when most people get to a very low bf% they look real bad.  Take TA for example.  Just not pleasing to the eye. Mike Arvilla.  Looked bad very lean.  I mean I had friends who played soccer whos legs kill "bodybuilders" physiques and they dont work out.  They had a higher bf% but quads especially where twice the size as these guys.  I think 99.99% of lifters should be happy being 7-10% bodyfat, maybe try competing once, and if you look like shit, be happy just being an avid weightlifter. 
I'm not saying this because I think I'm a better bber that you.  NO, I don't have the genetics and would look absolutely terrible at 4% bf.  I would end up looking like a swimmer.  Layne Norton even looks bad in my eyes.

Overall my point is this: Unless your genetics are unreal.  You WILL look very unimpressive on a bbing stage.

congratulations, you just had a melt.down.

brad_74

• Getbig II
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 02:05:22 PM »
Hahaha, it wouldn't be my first.  I expected that to happen.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 02:06:09 PM »
That wasn't a "meltdown" hes just stateing a point. I agree with it too. Not many people look ok dieted down. not many people can diet down and go back to bulked and forth so much either.
bodybuildersreality.com

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 02:27:45 PM »
u are right..when they strip of the fat...water and some muscle u can really see the shitty structure asymetries etc...at the same time...if only the phisycally gifted would compete in sports then there would be no sports

torquemada

• Getbig IV
  • Billycarp ruled...
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 02:40:50 PM »
Not everybody's going to have a pro or even national level physique.  Some people shouldn't leave the state level. 
But competing is one way to really push your physique to as good a level as you can.  I did it for 5 years in the NPC at the state and regional level; I had no misconceptions that I had great genetics, but the discipline you find committing to that is mind blowing.  After doing a few pre-contest diets, working overtime is nothing ;D
I really think everyone who really considers themself a hardcore bodybuilder should try dieting down and stepping on a stage. 

Do be realistic, though.  Some people are not able to look at themselves objectively. 

Yes, Vince ;D, I'm talking to you...

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 02:41:56 PM »
This is absolutely true.  Too many people think they can compete as a bodybuilder if they train and take lots of drugs, when in reality only a very few really have the genetic potential to be any good at it, just as would be true at the elite levels of any sport.

Anyone can (and should, IMO) train to look their best but only a very small number have the potential to be any good competitively.  When you look at the caliber even of many IFBB pros today, it's not hard to see that we've strayed from that ideal.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 02:44:56 PM »
u are right..when they strip of the fat...water and some muscle u can really see the shitty structure asymetries etc...at the same time...if only the phisycally gifted would compete in sports then there would be no sports
True, if only the genitcally gifted particapated then lots of things wouldn't exsist.
bodybuildersreality.com

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 03:00:28 PM »
Who cares????.If somebody wants to compete they compete, as if what you think bothers them.

Cleanest Natural

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Diet first, all else second
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 03:02:35 PM »
u are negative karen...again...say something nice...anything

JimmyTheFish

• Getbig III
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2006, 03:03:30 PM »
Who cares????.If somebody wants to compete they compete, as if what you think bothers them.

you forgot fuckstick! 

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2006, 03:03:54 PM »
u are negative karen...again...say something nice...anything
haha yeah, were not trying to bother anyone.
bodybuildersreality.com

sarcasm

• Getbig V
  • The Luke loves Dungeons and Dragons
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2006, 03:05:24 PM »

i thought both Adonis and Arvilla looked very good, neither one of them claimed to be a drug stuffed IFBB pro onstage.
Jaejonna rows 125!!

hipolito mejia

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2006, 03:13:29 PM »
Tons of people compete worldwide, but end up looking like complete shit. 

Wrong!! very few people compete worldwide very few follow b.b...... main reason why b.b is not featured on ESPN or any news... nobody really gives shit!!!

the number of pro soccer and baseballs players playing worldwide is "unreal" because of the number of people following it world wide is "unreal" as well....

For example,who cares about b.b in your family?

maybe you an u little cousin Vinny.

Sad but "monster" true

Alex23

« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2006, 03:18:00 PM »
Excellent topic; I recently noticed that people who were naturally lean at an early age will normally look good once they diet down; it's usually the one that were chubby kids (ie natural endomorph) who tend to look worst...

To add to this, some people like Adosnatch have such poor facial bone structure that a role in Lord of The rings become an option once dieted down... 

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2006, 03:18:33 PM »
Negative read ya post you are the one saying people look like shit when dieted down.What the fuk are you talking about me negative I said as if they the competitors give a shit what you clowns think. OK fUCKSTICK.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2006, 03:21:08 PM »
Negative read ya post you are the one saying people look like shit when dieted down.What the f**k are you talking about me negative I said as if they the competitors give a shit what you clowns think. OK fUCKSTICK.
If there was a smiley dude putting his hands up in fear...I would use it right there.
bodybuildersreality.com

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2006, 03:24:17 PM »
i thought both Adonis and Arvilla looked very good, neither one of them claimed to be a drug stuffed IFBB pro onstage.

They just don`t get it.

Its hillarious actually, since if I ever did want to do the Natural Organizations, I know I would do VERY well.

You can easily compare my pics to many natural competitors and even some winners and see how nicely I fit in.

I am glad though for all of this.

We outed Danielson,El Spiko and some of the others and made them post pics, then they realized just how far off the mark they really are. Good Stuff my friend.

Pet shop boys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2006, 03:39:14 PM »
Tons of people compete worldwide........

hahahahahahahahaha!

Wooooosssshhhhh

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2006, 03:41:14 PM »

hahahahahahahahaha!

Dude, why would you pic a handle like "Pet Shop Boys"? They were the most blatant bunch of queers in 80's rock and thats saying a lot.
The House that Ruth built

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2006, 03:43:01 PM »
They just don`t get it.

Its hillarious actually, since if I ever did want to do the Natural Organizations, I know I would do VERY well.

You can easily compare my pics to many natural competitors and even some winners and see how nicely I fit in.

I am glad though for all of this.

We outed Danielson,El Spiko and some of the others and made them post pics, then they realized just how far off the mark they really are. Good Stuff my friend.

Your pics are with perfect lighting.  You have NO idea what stage lighting would do to you. 
You have pinchable fat around your navel. 

Do you not see that?  You ARE NOT that lean.  Getting on stage would show it, and you know it. 

Pussy.
Y

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2006, 03:45:06 PM »
Your pics are with perfect lighting.  You have NO idea what stage lighting would do to you. 

Do you not see that?  You ARE NOT that lean.  Getting on stage would show it, and you know it. 

Pussy.

Stage Lighting is even better!

ITs brighter and brings out detail.

You are clueless.

Jr. Yates

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2006, 03:45:27 PM »

Pussy.
:o whoa!
bodybuildersreality.com

doison

• Getbig IV
  • Rum Ham
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2006, 03:49:03 PM »
Stage Lighting is even better!

ITs brighter and brings out detail.

You are clueless.

WRONG.
Stage lighting is EXTREMELY bright.  It is not from a single plane (overhead in your case) it is from all angles, designed to prevent shadowing.
In the 70's, overhead lighting was employed.  But, not now. 
Check out the '99 Grand Prix everyone goes crazy over. 
People WERE NOT in better shape at that show.  The lighting was better. 

You have never been on a bbing stage.  You have no idea. 

You know I speak the truth.  And you KNOW you were not that lean. 

How's that navel fat feel? 

Epic belly button depth.
Y

Miss Karen

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2006, 03:52:39 PM »
TA loves the dark and will never get on a real BB stage.