Author Topic: Serious Training Thread  (Read 177230 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Serious Training Thread
« Reply #1250 on: January 23, 2023, 06:13:47 AM »
Leaning on a wall for a couple of curls is much harder though Kank...
One must be "in shape" in order to pull that off!!

Straight up neither you nor Krank can curl what I can curl with a wall without a wall upside down doesn’t matter I have larger and stronger arms than you guys. You think training heavy curls twice a week isn’t hard you are a fool. You get stress fractures in your forearms stuff starts to ache at night and hurt it is not easy training. The first rep of the workout is agonizing pain like someone hits you in the elbow with a bat. You have to learn to ignore pain there is no hey I think I need some extra rest days or I will just go light and do some volume today.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1251 on: January 23, 2023, 06:21:29 AM »
He didnt have any records, let alone "a ton". A great bencher. (But not world-record bencher).
No DL, no SQ...

http://allaboutpowerlifting.com/all-time-records/

He was also a 3 times world champion in the Bench Press just because he didn’t set the all time record doesn’t mean he didn’t win worlds 3 times I notice you cropped that part out

https://www.openpowerlifting.org/u/ctfletcher

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1252 on: January 23, 2023, 06:28:33 AM »
Straight up neither you nor Krank can curl what I can curl with a wall without a wall upside down doesn’t matter I have larger and stronger arms than you guys. You think training heavy curls twice a week isn’t hard you are a fool. You get stress fractures in your forearms stuff starts to ache at night and hurt it is not easy training. The first rep of the workout is agonizing pain like someone hits you in the elbow with a bat. You have to learn to ignore pain there is no hey I think I need some extra rest days or I will just go light and do some volume today.
You sound like fucking Rambo ignoring pain!  LOL  ;D

Ignores pain for 3 whole sloppy half-assed reps.  :D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1253 on: January 23, 2023, 06:30:19 AM »
I have ZERO desire to involve myself in your jr. high school dick measuring activity.

YOUR organization allows for movement under the rules.  A TRUE strict curl would be ONLY movement of the forearms.  Good for you that you are following the rules of the organization.  Where should I send your gold star to?

MY training yesterday....care to try it?

weightlifting prep:
A) Snatch grip push press + overhead squat + snatch balance  3 x 1+1+1  (worked up to 135, stay on lighter side)

B) Power Snatch + Snatch 5 x 1 + 2 (worked up to 155...again staying moderate for technique)

C) Power clean + Clean 5 x 1 + 2 (worked up to 185...same as above)

D)
For time (with 15 min cap)
5 rounds
8 Power snatch @ 135
10 bar facing burpee
- directly into
5 clean and jerk @ 135
10 bar facing burpee

Time capped with 2 rounds to go.  Low back got tight from deads yesterday.  Knew that would happen.

E)
Thoracic mobility work - 10 mins
Banded Nordic curls + reverse sled EMOM x 12 mins. (6 rounds each)

Again a bunch of nonsense Olympic CrossFit lifting and burpees why not just say you did a CrossFit class?

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1254 on: January 23, 2023, 06:32:26 AM »
You sound like fucking Rambo ignoring pain!  LOL  ;D

Ignores pain for 3 whole sloppy half-assed reps.  :D

Again those were really good reps and I did 5 sets after doing 2 sets of 10 and it’s my 2nd bicep day I did volume isolation training after my Wens arm training. I do a lot of reps you say it’s a woose workout I do a couple reps you say it’s a woose workout how many reps is the appropriate amount Wes?? What is the Wes approved standard for exercises sets and reps per workout because too much or too little is a woose workout how many is training hard?? How many sets and reps of flutter kicks and neck raises is hardcore training?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1255 on: January 23, 2023, 06:49:21 AM »
Again those were really good reps and I did 5 sets after doing 2 sets of 10 and it’s my 2nd bicep day I did volume isolation training after my Wens arm training. I do a lot of reps you say it’s a woose workout I do a couple reps you say it’s a woose workout how many reps is the appropriate amount Wes?? What is the Wes approved standard for exercises sets and reps per workout because too much or too little is a woose workout how many is training hard?? How many sets and reps of flutter kicks and neck raises is hardcore training?
Try doing Giant-Sets for quads using 4-5 exercises, increasing the weight after each set, on each exercise, for 5 cycles with no rest between sets until all  exercises are completed, then get back to me.

^^^^^Commonplace for me to do weekly when I was competing, plus a whole lot more that buried many a training partner who trained a helluva lot harder than you could ever do,but couldn`t hang with me in the gym.

I`ve done shit in the gym that would have literally killed you sonny.

Flutter Kicks Of Peace My Ass  :D

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #1256 on: January 23, 2023, 07:03:01 AM »
Dips - 6x6
Wide lat pulldowns - 6x12-15
High pulls from knee - 6x6
Behind neck press - 6x6
Band curls rehab - 12x20

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1257 on: January 23, 2023, 07:09:06 AM »
Try doing Giant-Sets for quads using 4-5 exercises, increasing the weight after each set, on each exercise, for 5 cycles with no rest between sets until all  exercises are completed, then get back to me.

^^^^^Commonplace for me to do weekly when I was competing, plus a whole lot more that buried many a training partner who trained a helluva lot harder than you could ever do,but couldn`t hang with me in the gym.

I`ve done shot in the gym that would have literally killed you sonny.

Flutter Kicks Of Peace My Ass  :D

But you had no legs Wes and you don’t even mention how many reps??? Please tell me how many sets and reps and exercises I want to know the total exercise set and rep count that is Wes approved was it always the same or did the approved total change some workouts? Did you ever do higher or lower rep days???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1258 on: January 23, 2023, 07:20:41 AM »
By sheer coincidence, I have procured a curl bar this a.m. to add to my home gym.

Y

IroNat

• Getbig V
  • “Always do what you are afraid to do.” - Emerson
« Reply #1259 on: January 23, 2023, 07:35:38 AM »
By sheer coincidence, I have procured a curl bar this a.m. to add to my home gym.

You're on your way!

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1260 on: January 23, 2023, 07:40:12 AM »
You're on your way!

Must resist the wall curl tempation.

Program I finished called for a bunch of accessory stuff that had straight bar / drag curls.....those fry my wrists, so I figured I'd make a small upgrade.  I'm at the point where I hae to temper adding more shit down there.
Y

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #1261 on: January 23, 2023, 07:59:09 AM »

Go get that curling power suit!   

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1262 on: January 23, 2023, 08:04:00 AM »
But you had no legs Wes and you don’t even mention how many reps??? Please tell me how many sets and reps and exercises I want to know the total exercise set and rep count that is Wes approved was it always the same or did the approved total change some workouts? Did you ever do higher or lower rep days???
My legs truly sucked,but it wasn`t for lack of trying to build them.

At least I `m not delusional and insist my legs are great like you do......I always admitted I was nothing special,just a guy who loves to train.........something you are unable to do cuz you look better than Markus Ruhl................GEEZ US!!  LOL  ;D

No training tips from me son.....figure out how to train by yourself, or steal someone elses routine off a wall somewhere.

BTW......fuck off,you`re not gonna` get me to ruin this thread any further.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1263 on: January 23, 2023, 08:05:48 AM »
LOL  ;D

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1264 on: January 23, 2023, 08:06:30 AM »
Dips - 6x6
Behind neck press - 6x6
Band curls rehab - 12x20
Good one my brother!

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #1265 on: January 23, 2023, 08:08:23 AM »
Dips - 6x6
Behind neck press - 6x6
Band curls rehab - 12x20

Good workout IroNat.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1266 on: January 23, 2023, 08:10:27 AM »

Program I finished called for a bunch of accessory stuff that had straight bar / drag curls.....those fry my wrists, so I figured I'd make a small upgrade.  I'm at the point where I hae to temper adding more shit down there.
I bought a nice curling bar from Amazon....one inch diameter holes though.......all the Olympic plates I own are six 45 pound plates I bought years ago at a yard sale.

Great bar but the collars sucked so I bought the clip on kind from Amazon also......the originals screwed on.

Better to use on Triceps and Forearms than Biceps IMO,but I do it all since I`m training at  home and I need the variety.

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1267 on: January 23, 2023, 08:23:49 AM »

365 Powerlifting the one who is hosting my next planned event doesn’t require the singlet for strict curling and you can wear a hat on the platform so I am going to be big pimping in my tank top hat gold chain cargo pants and skate shoes. It is a full meet though with squats and deadlifts and bench press so it may not go as quick no idea if curls will be first or last. It’s also a less aggressive bar they use the Rogue EZ curl bar so that’s why I have been using it as well. They use the black bar. The open record for NC at 220 is 171lbs. They do a lot of NC meets it seems it’s bigger here than elsewhere.

https://www.365strong.org/_files/ugd/8872a5_ec6b6241d71349ddb741bb9ffb2a16a3.pdf

https://www.365strong.org/eastcoastshowofstrength

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1268 on: January 23, 2023, 08:26:34 AM »

You know damn well you want to try it

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1269 on: January 23, 2023, 08:27:58 AM »
365 Powerlifting the one who is hosting my next planned event doesn’t require the singlet for strict curling and you can wear a hat on the platform so I am going to be big pimping in my tank top hat gold chain cargo pants and skate shoes. It is a full meet though with squats and deadlifts and bench press so it may not go as quick no idea if curls will be first or last. It’s also a less aggressive bar they use the Rogue EZ curl bar so that’s why I have been using it as well. They use the black bar. The open record for NC at 220 is 171lbs. They do a lot of NC meets it seems it’s bigger here than elsewhere.

https://www.365strong.org/_files/ugd/8872a5_ec6b6241d71349ddb741bb9ffb2a16a3.pdf

Rogue equipment is excellent, I use them for the stuff that counts, but can't see shelling out for their change plates.  I got a full set of perform better 1 / .75  / .50 / .25 discs for $20 bucks.
Y

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1270 on: January 23, 2023, 08:28:22 AM »

You better hope they do the fake Mickey Mouse "powerlifting" first cuz if not,you`ll be there forever.

Three lifts,three attempts at each lift.....even if only 10 lousy people show up,meets and contests take forever.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1271 on: January 23, 2023, 08:29:19 AM »
You know damn well you want to try it

Of course I'm going to fucking try it.  Not why I got the bar, but how can anyone here not give it a shot at this point?

Not going to push it, nor will I continue it, but why not?
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1272 on: January 23, 2023, 08:33:18 AM »
Of course I'm going to fucking try it.  Not why I got the bar, but how can anyone here not give it a shot at this point?

Not going to push it, nor will I continue it, but why not?

I am all for everyone trying it and growing the sport there are more meets than you think

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1273 on: January 23, 2023, 08:34:34 AM »
I am all for everyone trying it and growing the sport there are more meets than you think
GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU IMBECILE!  :D

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1274 on: January 23, 2023, 08:36:56 AM »
GO FUCK YOURSELF YOU IMBECILE!  :D

Better bars will feel better in your elbows and wrist doing skill crushers as well and this will help you get those extra bags of groceries you have been struggling with