Author Topic: Serious Training Thread  (Read 180945 times)

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • 2024 NPC Charlotte Cup Champion
Re: Serious Training Thread
« Reply #1225 on: January 22, 2023, 09:08:31 AM »
and that my friend is why its easier to lift in the stupid strict curl contests

Instead of making it harder they do everything they can to make it easier so the numbers look good

Its a fucking ego driven load of shite

Different organizations use different bars if you didn’t notice I purchased  2 different high end bars one has very little supination the other has more. Again though you keep talking out of ignorance the wall makes it exponentially harder and you would know that in a second if you tried it but want to argue for 50 pages how you can lift more braced against a wall. You are flat out wrong

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1226 on: January 22, 2023, 09:10:45 AM »
hammer curl/clean/shrug = one SCN "curl"

Three Piece Combo Of Peace

Don’t forget the half dozen other organizations with the exact same rules they have contest all over the world in strict curling in a dozen different organizations the rules are all the same

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1227 on: January 22, 2023, 09:12:58 AM »
SCN = a bunch of guys who could do nowhere near the weight they curl if they weren`t practically pushing their asses through a brick wall.

Bunch of ego driven numbskulls.

Mickey Mouse Organization Of Peace

Everyone can a lot  curl more without a wall you are just talking nonsense and would know you are wrong in a second if you tried it but just want to argue out of ignorance

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1228 on: January 22, 2023, 09:15:13 AM »
Real simple Jeff if you think it is so easy let’s see you do it if any of you think it is easy by all means go strict curl 155lbs and make a video there are about 4 guys on this entire board who can do it and Jeff , Wes,  Hulkatron , Mm , krankenstein , Webster , all the dudes talking shit are not guys who can do it

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1229 on: January 22, 2023, 09:17:30 AM »
The wall would make a strict curl substantially more easy as opposed to standing straight up without a wall.

All I know is the wall would provide some level of brace.
X

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1230 on: January 22, 2023, 09:18:12 AM »
The wall would make a strict curl substantially more easy as opposed to standing straight up without a wall.

All I know is the wall would provide some level of brace.

Prove it strict curl 155lbs against a wall and make a video

You are simply wrong try it and learn something it is exponentially more difficult

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1231 on: January 22, 2023, 09:23:01 AM »
Everyone can a lot  curl more without a wall
Not if they are performing curls in a strict manner.

Never tell me that I`m ignorant when it comes to training fuckhead.....I was training hard before you were even born.

I think I know what a REAL curl done strictly, with no body movement,using biceps alone  exclusively as much as humanly possible looks like.

You just want a chance to win another participation medal in a "competition" where nobody shows up to "compete".

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1232 on: January 22, 2023, 09:23:49 AM »
Not if they are performing curls in a strict manner.

Never tell me that I`m ignorant when it comes to training fuckhead.....I was training hard before you were even born.

I think I know what a REAL curl done strictly, with no body movement,using biceps alone  exclusively as much as humanly possible looks like.

You just want a chance to win another participation medal in a "competition" where nobody shows up to "compete".

Again you continue to argue without any real world knowledge try it and find out you are wrong

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1233 on: January 22, 2023, 09:24:34 AM »
Don’t forget the half dozen other organizations with the exact same rules
....they`re all Mickey Mouse,ego driven,bullshit oraganizations........on e is run by a convicted pedophile for Christs sake!

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
« Reply #1234 on: January 22, 2023, 09:27:55 AM »
All sets 25-40 reps

Rope pressdowns: 5 sets
Machine extensions: 4 sets
Overhead rope extensions: 4 sets
Underhand pressdowns: 4 sets

Hammer strength rope curls: 5 sets
Machine preacher curls: 4 sets
Cable curls: 4 sets
Cable concentration curls: 4 sets

No cardio. Rory’s father s birthday is today so we are going out for brunch, so had to get home!

That’s awesome SF high rep arms is the shit. Tell Rory’s dad I said happy bday.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1235 on: January 22, 2023, 09:28:51 AM »
Again you continue to argue without any real world knowledge try it and find out you are wrong
YOU DON`T THINK I`VE DONE ANY CURLS BEFORE YOU FUCKING MORON ?

I told you I competed in an odd lift contest one time that had curls done against a wall,seated PBN,and dips with a 60 pound DB..........all three done for the most reps possible......highest rep total wins.

I came in second among 18 other contestants and I kicked ass on the curls.

They were easier. with the wall to push back against.....I`m speaking from first hand experience that I garnered in a contest before you were even born.

They`re easier..........BOTTOM LINE !!!!

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1236 on: January 22, 2023, 09:35:22 AM »
YOU DON`T THINK I`VE DONE ANY CURLS BEFORE YOU FUCKING MORON ?

I told you I competed in an odd lift contest one time that had curls done against a wall,seated PBN,and dips with a 60 pound DB..........all three done for the most reps possible......highest rep total wins.

I came in second among 18 other contestants and I kicked ass on the curls.

They were easier. with the wall to push back against.....I`m speaking from first hand experience that I garnered in a contest before you were even born.

They`re easier..........BOTTOM LINE !!!!

You are simply wrong it’s almost comical how you guys want to argue to the death when you are wrong you can only put your heel 12 inches from the wall and your knees have to stay locked you with your butt on the wall  can’t really push back in that position it has you upright it is significantly harder rob even told you he had a guy try it and he couldn’t get one reo with the weight he repoed standing without the wall but you still just want to argue. You think CT fletcher is just lying?? 

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #1237 on: January 22, 2023, 09:36:52 AM »
All sets 25-40 reps

Rope pressdowns: 5 sets
Machine extensions: 4 sets
Overhead rope extensions: 4 sets
Underhand pressdowns: 4 sets

Hammer strength rope curls: 5 sets
Machine preacher curls: 4 sets
Cable curls: 4 sets
Cable concentration curls: 4 sets

No cardio. Rory’s father s birthday is today so we are going out for brunch, so had to get home!

I hope it is at least a high-protein brunch.

That’s awesome SF high rep arms is the shit. Tell Rory’s day I said happy bday.

Haha, I hope SF1900 actually honors this request (“Rob C. Guns from getbig.com says happy bday”).

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #1238 on: January 22, 2023, 09:42:02 AM »
I hope it is at least a high-protein brunch.

Haha, I hope SF1900 actually honors this request (“Rob C. Guns from getbig.com says happy bday”).

Hahahaha.

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1239 on: January 22, 2023, 09:49:02 AM »
I normally do a three-day split (legs-push-pull) with triceps on the push day and biceps on the pull day.  Lately I’ve done a four-day split instead, legs-push-pull-arms.  I like it because I can lift ~every day (vs. trying to squat the day after deadlifts for example) and because I usually don’t have the energy at the end of a solid push or pull day to do much on arms.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1240 on: January 22, 2023, 09:53:01 AM »
You are simply wrong it’s almost comical how you guys want to argue to the death when you are wrong you can only put your heel 12 inches from the wall and your knees have to stay locked you with your butt on the wall  can’t really push back in that position it has you upright it is significantly harder rob even told you he had a guy try it and he couldn’t get one reo with the weight he repoed standing without the wall but you still just want to argue. You think CT fletcher is just lying?? 
No argument here....I`m right,you`re wrong.......you just never admit you`re wrong,where another person would if he was in error, but not you.

I don`t care what your Mickey Mouse organization says.....they`re wrong also,and fuck C.T. Fletcher......as if he`s someone to look up to or listen to.  :D

C.T. Fletcher......gimme` a break.

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #1241 on: January 22, 2023, 09:54:02 AM »
I like deadlifts as a strength test (limited to certain muscle groups and movements obviously) because there’s no equipment that really helps much compared to the squat-suits and “shirt” nonsense in benching, and you can’t really cheat on form outside of silly shit like repeated hitching.

I agree the deadlift is a very true indicator of raw power. You either pick it up or you can’t.

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1242 on: January 22, 2023, 10:21:56 AM »
Nice progress G.A. !!

Big props buddy!

Thanks man, but half that was just getting "back" after my baseball seasons ended.

Feel like I am at a good jump off point now to make some real improvement with the next cycle (training cycle, lol).
Y

bhank

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1243 on: January 22, 2023, 10:25:02 AM »
No argument here....I`m right,you`re wrong.......you just never admit you`re wrong,where another person would if he was in error, but not you.

I don`t care what your Mickey Mouse organization says.....they`re wrong also,and fuck C.T. Fletcher......as if he`s someone to look up to or listen to.  :D

C.T. Fletcher......gimme` a break.

Between the guy who had a ton powerlifting records with 23 inch arms and you yeah I am going to listen to CT on this one

Also I have done it enough myself personally to know it’s considerably more difficult I don’t need to  argue theory with you

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #1244 on: January 23, 2023, 04:59:58 AM »
Between the guy who had a ton powerlifting records with 23 inch arms and you yeah I am going to listen to CT on this one

Also I have done it enough myself personally to know it’s considerably more difficult I don’t need to  argue theory with you

He didnt have any records, let alone "a ton". A great bencher. (But not world-record bencher).
No DL, no SQ...

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1245 on: January 23, 2023, 05:04:28 AM »
Legs / Misc

I just love leg-day. Nice empty gym today. A bit of snow/rain mix keeps riff-raff at home.

Squat
Warmups - Bar x 10, 135 x 10, 225 x 10, 315 x5
Work sets - 4 sets of 3 w/ 405 (felt good/ easy)

Leg-Press - 4 sets
Leg-Ext - 4 sets
Leg-Curls - 4 sets
Rotary Calf / Ironmind Gripper (#1) - 4 supersets

Misc
Wrist-curls - 4 sets
Rear-Delt machine - 4 sets

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1246 on: January 23, 2023, 05:12:43 AM »
Does CT still claim natural status?

Krankenstein

• Getbig V
  • quit·ter : a person can't finish a task
« Reply #1247 on: January 23, 2023, 05:22:53 AM »
Real simple Jeff if you think it is so easy let’s see you do it if any of you think it is easy by all means go strict curl 155lbs and make a video there are about 4 guys on this entire board who can do it and Jeff , Wes,  Hulkatron , Mm , krankenstein , Webster , all the dudes talking shit are not guys who can do it

I have ZERO desire to involve myself in your jr. high school dick measuring activity.

YOUR organization allows for movement under the rules.  A TRUE strict curl would be ONLY movement of the forearms.  Good for you that you are following the rules of the organization.  Where should I send your gold star to?

MY training yesterday....care to try it?

weightlifting prep:
A) Snatch grip push press + overhead squat + snatch balance  3 x 1+1+1  (worked up to 135, stay on lighter side)

B) Power Snatch + Snatch 5 x 1 + 2 (worked up to 155...again staying moderate for technique)

C) Power clean + Clean 5 x 1 + 2 (worked up to 185...same as above)

D)
For time (with 15 min cap)
5 rounds
8 Power snatch @ 135
10 bar facing burpee
- directly into
5 clean and jerk @ 135
10 bar facing burpee

Time capped with 2 rounds to go.  Low back got tight from deads yesterday.  Knew that would happen.

E)
Thoracic mobility work - 10 mins
Banded Nordic curls + reverse sled EMOM x 12 mins. (6 rounds each)

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1248 on: January 23, 2023, 05:27:09 AM »
I have ZERO desire to involve myself in your jr. high school dick measuring activity.

YOUR organization allows for movement under the rules.  A TRUE strict curl would be ONLY movement of the forearms.  Good for you that you are following the rules of the organization.  Where should I send your gold star to?

MY training yesterday....care to try it?

weightlifting prep:
A) Snatch grip push press + overhead squat + snatch balance  3 x 1+1+1  (worked up to 135, stay on lighter side)

B) Power Snatch + Snatch 5 x 1 + 2 (worked up to 155...again staying moderate for technique)

C) Power clean + Clean 5 x 1 + 2 (worked up to 185...same as above)

D)
For time (with 15 min cap)
5 rounds
8 Power snatch @ 135
10 bar facing burpee
- directly into
5 clean and jerk @ 135
10 bar facing burpee

Time capped with 2 rounds to go.  Low back got tight from deads yesterday.  Knew that would happen.

E)
Thoracic mobility work - 10 mins
Banded Nordic curls + reverse sled EMOM x 12 mins. (6 rounds each)

Great work Krank^^  !!!

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
« Reply #1249 on: January 23, 2023, 05:28:09 AM »
Leaning on a wall for a couple of curls is much harder though Kank...
One must be "in shape" in order to pull that off!!