Author Topic: Serious Training Thread  (Read 181237 times)

robcguns

• Getbig V
  • Founder of the proud straight white male movement
Re: Serious Training Thread
« Reply #1200 on: January 22, 2023, 05:18:31 AM »

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/ct-fletcher-bringing-back-the-strict-curl

What is NOT a strict curl?
CT wants to make sure you understand the main point of the move clearly. “If there is no wall involved, it is NOT a d*** strict curl.” I don’t care if you’re standing perfectly still and your a** don’t move. It ain’t no curl unless there is a wall involved.

I could do 225 pound straight bar curls for 10 sets of 10 reps. I did it a lot but that wall is there for a reason. It humbles your a**. There is no cheating and there is no way of creating momentum because of the three points of contact. Therefore, the strict curl is a helluva lot tougher than a normal barbell curl or any other curl you do. If you don’t believe me, try it for yourself.”

You just keep arguing out of ignorance by all means go fuckign try it already you could not be more wrong dude could do 10 sets of 10 with 225lbs without the wall and did one rep with the wall to set the record that stood for 20 years. BigRob has told you the same thing you know our resident arm guy with 20 plus arms who trains them like a madman but you just keep arguing out of ignorance go fucking try it already moron

I do agree. I may be an idiot as the consensus here would say. But I still agree.

I had a guy I train with once in a while so strict curls a couple days ago and he usually standing as strict as he can
(He is 51 and always trains super strict)and curls a 45 on each side of the ez curl bar that weighs 17lbs and he usually gets 4-6 reps. I had him stand against wall with shoulders and ass glued to wall and heels about 10” out from wall and he could not get 1 rep. I figured if I did it I could finagle it either way for arguments sake so I had a guy with no clue of this argument do it.

Because no matter what if you aren’t a standing against the wall your body will find a way to get the weight up and you may not even notice it but there will be subtle hip motion, lower back bend etc…

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #1201 on: January 22, 2023, 05:40:46 AM »

Thanks Wes, how your workouts coming along? The rib still fucking everything up?
Yes,it`s killing me!  :(

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #1202 on: January 22, 2023, 05:44:04 AM »
Yes,it`s killing me!  :(

Sorry to hear that. So you can’t train at all at the moment?

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1203 on: January 22, 2023, 05:49:50 AM »
How is that Brutal I do 400 rep workouts sometimes and you call it bullshit this guy does 155 and now it is Brutal?
YOU don`t count at all.....when was the last time you ever did T-Bar Rows ??

Have you ever done  15 - 30 sets for back?

You are a wuss and an arm nut.....you love to train the showy muscles but shirk hard work.

Get to a head shrinker you are fucking insane taking over 1400 photos of yourself and posting them here on GB in a years time..........you`re a self centered egotistical,self absorbed nobody with an average build.

I could see it if you looked awesome but you don`t.

You`re as bad as the young broads on instagram with the butt pics and duck faces only you`re supposed to be an 45 year old man.

You`re crazier than I am.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1204 on: January 22, 2023, 05:51:32 AM »
Sorry to hear that. So you can’t train at all at the moment?
I`ve been going real light and just doing things that don`t affect the rib,plus some stretching.

I should be good to go soon.....hopefully.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1205 on: January 22, 2023, 06:15:12 AM »

https://www.muscleandstrength.com/articles/ct-fletcher-bringing-back-the-strict-curl

What is NOT a strict curl?
CT wants to make sure you understand the main point of the move clearly. “If there is no wall involved, it is NOT a d*** strict curl.” I don’t care if you’re standing perfectly still and your a** don’t move. It ain’t no curl unless there is a wall involved.

I could do 225 pound straight bar curls for 10 sets of 10 reps. I did it a lot but that wall is there for a reason. It humbles your a**. There is no cheating and there is no way of creating momentum because of the three points of contact. Therefore, the strict curl is a helluva lot tougher than a normal barbell curl or any other curl you do. If you don’t believe me, try it for yourself.”

You just keep arguing out of ignorance by all means go fuckign try it already you could not be more wrong dude could do 10 sets of 10 with 225lbs without the wall and did one rep with the wall to set the record that stood for 20 years. BigRob has told you the same thing you know our resident arm guy with 20 plus arms who trains them like a madman but you just keep arguing out of ignorance go fucking try it already moron

I fucking give up, you wouldnt have wasted all that time posying that shit if you were trolling

If you can curl 225 with a normal bar you are cheating and you know it

Tell you what go and get on a preacher curl where your arms are tight to the board and dont sit down and brace your legs, let your legs go straight out behind you, now from the fully extended position try and curl 150lbs, I gurantee it wont move an inch, yet you can curl it with your back against the wall......

Same with single arm seated concentration curls, your bicep has to do all the work so you cant go heavy as you could with seated curls.

Your stupid cheat curl contest is virtually a hammer curl/clean/shrug

Your upper body is all over the fucking place

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1206 on: January 22, 2023, 06:18:33 AM »

I do agree. I may be an idiot as the consensus here would say. But I still agree.

I had a guy I train with once in a while so strict curls a couple days ago and he usually standing as strict as he can
(He is 51 and always trains super strict)and curls a 45 on each side of the ez curl bar that weighs 17lbs and he usually gets 4-6 reps. I had him stand against wall with shoulders and ass glued to wall and heels about 10” out from wall and he could not get 1 rep. I figured if I did it I could finagle it either way for arguments sake so I had a guy with no clue of this argument do it.

Because no matter what if you aren’t a standing against the wall your body will find a way to get the weight up and you may not even notice it but there will be subtle hip motion, lower back bend etc…

so he cheat curls normally and the last bit is an excude for cheat curling

If a cheat curl contest is meant to be purly bicep strength then their wouldnt be a bar that was designed so you could have your palms facing and not allow you to fully extend your arms.

The whole strict curl contest is anything but a strict curl

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1207 on: January 22, 2023, 06:22:09 AM »
SCN = a bunch of guys who could do nowhere near the weight they curl if they weren`t practically pushing their asses through a brick wall.

Bunch of ego driven numbskulls.

Mickey Mouse Organization Of Peace

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #1208 on: January 22, 2023, 06:28:35 AM »
SCN = a bunch of guys who could do nowhere near the weight they curl if they weren`t practically pushing their asses through a brick wall.

Bunch of ego driven numbskulls.

Mickey Mouse Organization Of Peace

Its a goofy "gym bro" type of lift-contest. Ive seen some people dragging the bar up their body and call it a curl. ::)

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1209 on: January 22, 2023, 06:31:57 AM »
Its a goofy "gym bro" type of lift-contest. Ive seen some people dragging the bar up their body and call it a curl. ::)
Yup,they suck !!

Super-fast negative or no negative portion of the rep at all.

To me eccentric and concentric portions of a rep in a full range of motion is a good lift.....these guys have no clue and are just feeding their egos.

Gym Rat

• Getbig V
  • Libturdz Love The Caulk
« Reply #1210 on: January 22, 2023, 06:38:11 AM »
Yup,they suck !!

Super-fast negative or no negative portion of the rep at all.

To me eccentric and concentric portions of a rep in a full range of motion is a good lift.....these guys have no clue and are just feeding their egos.

That would be like dropping a deadlift in a meet after lifting it.  Nope, needs to be lowered properly...

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #1211 on: January 22, 2023, 07:23:18 AM »
so he cheat curls normally and the last bit is an excude for cheat curling

If a cheat curl contest is meant to be purly bicep strength then their wouldnt be a bar that was designed so you could have your palms facing and not allow you to fully extend your arms.

The whole strict curl contest is anything but a strict curl

For the record when I strict curl I’m strictly going for growth so I’m shoulder width grip and my ez bar is one that has the shallow bends and I do slow negatives and use only biceps as I’m not going for numbers I’m going for size. The strict contests are different in it seems you just curl up hold and the negative is not part of the contest.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1212 on: January 22, 2023, 07:28:38 AM »
That would be like dropping a deadlift in a meet after lifting it.  Nope, needs to be lowered properly...
Exactly !

Ridiculous "Rules" Of Peace

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
  • also shopped my pic you tried to make it subtle
« Reply #1213 on: January 22, 2023, 07:29:18 AM »
Are we back to counting reps as an index of workout quality?

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1214 on: January 22, 2023, 07:30:40 AM »
Six car wrecks in under 10 years ???

Grape Ape

• Getbig V
  • SC è un asino
« Reply #1215 on: January 22, 2023, 07:36:32 AM »
Warmup Airdyne, sleds, shoulder mobility, pull ups, scap shit.

Push press 5 x 5.

5.2 mile ruck @ 33lb, a little over an hour.  Pavement sucks.

Ruck was not on the program, but didn't feel like doing their conditioning stuff.

14 week program over.  Gained strength in the squat, deadlift, and minor improvements in the CG bench, OHP.  Somehow gained about 8lbs, without really eating much more than normal.

Need to pick a new one.
Y

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1216 on: January 22, 2023, 07:41:18 AM »
For the record when I strict curl I’m strictly going for growth so I’m shoulder width grip and my ez bar is one that has the shallow bends and I do slow negatives and use only biceps as I’m not going for numbers I’m going for size. The strict contests are different in it seems you just curl up hold and the negative is not part of the contest.

Great, now if you got a strict curl bar with your palms facing each other do you think you would get more or less reps?

robcguns

• Getbig V
« Reply #1217 on: January 22, 2023, 07:44:43 AM »
Great, now if you got a strict curl bar with your palms facing each other do you think you would get more or less reps?

Yeah if I had a crazy bent bar I imagine I would get more due to being almost hammer grip cause in a hammer grip I am much stronger.

joswift

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1218 on: January 22, 2023, 08:06:20 AM »
Yeah if I had a crazy bent bar I imagine I would get more due to being almost hammer grip cause in a hammer grip I am much stronger.

and that my friend is why its easier to lift in the stupid strict curl contests

Instead of making it harder they do everything they can to make it easier so the numbers look good

Its a fucking ego driven load of shite

Hulkotron

• Getbig V
« Reply #1219 on: January 22, 2023, 08:19:41 AM »
I like deadlifts as a strength test (limited to certain muscle groups and movements obviously) because there’s no equipment that really helps much compared to the squat-suits and “shirt” nonsense in benching, and you can’t really cheat on form outside of silly shit like repeated hitching.

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1220 on: January 22, 2023, 08:48:59 AM »
How is that Brutal I do 400 rep workouts sometimes and you call it bullshit this guy does 155 and now it is Brutal?

Awww, your poor little feelings are hurt, BHANKS?!?
X

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1221 on: January 22, 2023, 08:49:02 AM »
Are we back to counting reps as an index of workout quality?
I know.......where does this mong come up with this bullshit? 

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1222 on: January 22, 2023, 08:50:17 AM »
Warmup Airdyne, sleds, shoulder mobility, pull ups, scap shit.

Push press 5 x 5.

5.2 mile ruck @ 33lb, a little over an hour.  Pavement sucks.

Ruck was not on the program, but didn't feel like doing their conditioning stuff.

14 week program over.  Gained strength in the squat, deadlift, and minor improvements in the CG bench, OHP.  Somehow gained about 8lbs, without really eating much more than normal.

Need to pick a new one.
Nice progress G.A. !!

Big props buddy!

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #1223 on: January 22, 2023, 08:51:36 AM »
hammer curl/clean/shrug = one SCN "curl"

Three Piece Combo Of Peace

SF1900

• Getbig V
  • Team Hairy Chest Henda
« Reply #1224 on: January 22, 2023, 08:52:05 AM »
All sets 25-40 reps

Rope pressdowns: 5 sets
Machine extensions: 4 sets
Overhead rope extensions: 4 sets
Underhand pressdowns: 4 sets

Hammer strength rope curls: 5 sets
Machine preacher curls: 4 sets
Cable curls: 4 sets
Cable concentration curls: 4 sets

No cardio. Rory’s father s birthday is today so we are going out for brunch, so had to get home!
X