Author Topic: The SPEED OF LIGHT may have been broken.  (Read 20023 times)

Swede!

• Getbig IV
  • www.letskillsometime.com Direct link in signature
Re: The SPEED OF LIGHT may have been broken.
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2011, 09:52:12 AM »
He had plenty opportunities to make a disgusting amount of money but turned them down/didn't care. He was never good with money to begin with and really didn't plan ahead when it came to financing his own experiments. Luckily for him he had sponsors most of the time. But towards the later part of his "career" he was flat out broke and no one gave a shit.

Have you ever read any books or do you only watch documentaries that only tell 1/5 of the story?

I have only heard bits hence why Im asking :)

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #76 on: September 23, 2011, 09:52:54 AM »
In my attempt to appear  that I possess a higher intelligence than my fellow GetBiggers, I Googled “Speed of Light” and rediscovered some interesting information that will be soon forgotten again.

The Speed of Light per second is 186,000 miles per second … which I have to presume proves that time itself does in fact exist. (Or am I mistaken?)

A Light Year isthe distance that light travels (through a vacuum) in one year.
(A year is a measurement of time, I think!)

The nearest star (other than the Sun) is 4.3 light years away. (Another mention of "time" and the universal reliance on it.)

Our galaxy (the Milky Way) is about 100,000 light years in diameter. ("Time" mentioned time and time again.)

The distance to the galaxy M87 in the Virgo cluster is 50 million light years.

The distance to most distant object seen in the universe is about 18 billion light years (18 x 10^9 light years).

Looking Back in Time - Because light travels at a large but finite speed, it takes time for light to cover large distances. Thus, when we see the light of very distant objects in the universe, we are actually seeing light emitted from them a long time ago: we see them literally as they were in the distant past.

And I still got no idea what time is!.

But of most importance ...... due to the fact that someone recently discovered an element that travels faster than the Speed of Light could simply mean that …. 186,000 miles per second is incorrect and invalid and should be adjusted to the speed of that fastest element?

Or maybe they are just too damn smart to realize that.

The smartest friend I ever had could not tie his own shoelaces so he wore loafers throughout his short lifetime.

So the next time you start discussing smart-shit stuff like this with someone, lower your eyes and look at his shoes.

I wear sneakers!

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #77 on: September 23, 2011, 10:03:14 AM »
The distance to most distant object seen in the universe is about 18 billion light years (18 x 10^9 light years).

And still some people CLAIM they KNOW we're alone in the universe which is always hillarious lol.

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #78 on: September 23, 2011, 10:06:02 AM »
And still some people CLAIM they KNOW we're alone in the universe which is always hillarious lol.
And who are we not alone with?   

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #79 on: September 23, 2011, 10:07:21 AM »
And who are we not alone with?  

we Don't Know.

hell, we have even found planets We could live on. Which I guess helps people with the thought.
And that's just assuming "other life" needs what we needs which is a kinda stupid assumption imo.

I believe earth has been resetted a Bunch of times due to natural disasters. not too long ago people were fucking Burned! ..for having crazy ideas ... BURNED ALIVE. and now, not too long later we can travel to space. Imagine a Billion years of uninterrupted developing of technology..  and keep in mind what have happened the last 100 years in terms of technology etc. Where to you think we would be then?

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #80 on: September 23, 2011, 10:08:07 AM »
Well stated, DOC, but it's funner to believe as our good friend Swede does.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
Re: BREAKING NEWS: The SPEED OF LIGHT may have been broken.
« Reply #81 on: September 23, 2011, 10:33:47 AM »
How do we measure the speed in which Phil Heath is brought down to reality by losing the Dubai, India Pro?

thats nothing....nothing compares to the speed in which 3333's threads backfire on him :)

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: September 23, 2011, 10:37:23 AM »
it would be impossible to stop to the spread of such technology to every person who ever lived. the second time travel was invented, it would instantly have always existed.

not necessarily..time travel would only exist at the point at which it was invented....if a time machine was invented in 2005, you could not go back in time farther than 2005...that would be a paradox..so going back to the time of the Nazis would not be possible

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #83 on: September 23, 2011, 10:38:40 AM »
ronnie was using what others didnt want to use....

lots of heavy ass weight and some good ole hormones mixed into his grits,, his genetic respond was there too and rest is history

gh15 approved

this post seems different from other gh15 posts which supports the theory that gh15 is many different people....

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
  • Ugly, bald Shitso scalp for sale = $1
« Reply #84 on: September 23, 2011, 10:42:14 AM »
You can be sure that Obama and his brainless minions will expect the spaceships that we're flying around in faster than the speed of light to be "green energy".   ::)

lovemonkey

• Getbig V
  • Two kinds of people; Those that can extrapolate
« Reply #85 on: September 23, 2011, 11:18:01 AM »
You can be sure that Obama and his brainless minions will expect the spaceships that we're flying around in faster than the speed of light to be "green energy".   ::)

hahah what, are you high?
from incomplete data

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #86 on: September 23, 2011, 11:23:26 AM »
In my attempt to appear  that I possess a higher intelligence than my fellow GetBiggers, I Googled “Speed of Light” and rediscovered some interesting information that will be soon forgotten again.

The Speed of Light per second is 186,000 miles per second … which I have to presume proves that time itself does in fact exist. (Or am I mistaken?)

A Light Year isthe distance that light travels (through a vacuum) in one year.
(A year is a measurement of time, I think!)

The nearest star (other than the Sun) is 4.3 light years away. (Another mention of "time" and the universal reliance on it.)

Our galaxy (the Milky Way) is about 100,000 light years in diameter. ("Time" mentioned time and time again.)

The distance to the galaxy M87 in the Virgo cluster is 50 million light years.

Looking Back in Time - Because light travels at a large but finite speed, it takes time for light to cover large distances. Thus, when we see the light of very distant objects in the universe, we are actually seeing light emitted from them a long time ago: we see them literally as they were in the distant past.

And I still got no idea what time is!.

But of most importance ...... due to the fact that someone recently discovered an element that travels faster than the Speed of Light could simply mean that …. 186,000 miles per second is incorrect and invalid and should be adjusted to the speed of that fastest element?

Or maybe they are just too damn smart to realize that.

The smartest friend I ever had could not tie his own shoelaces so he wore loafers throughout his short lifetime.

So the next time you start discussing smart-shit stuff like this with someone, lower your eyes and look at his shoes.

I wear sneakers!

I think Wong Hong got an unusually large head..

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #87 on: September 23, 2011, 11:31:19 AM »
ANDRI, I find your remark about the inability of visiting time that passed prior to a "time machine" discovery  interesting and I'm gonna 'thunk" about it for a while and introduce it and the subject at hand to a bunch of powerful-brained-nerds who I play Poker with on rare occasions.

One of these Poker players is a Nuclear Reactor Start Up Engineer, the other is a Quantum Physics Professor and two or three others are doctors including a Shrink who finds us GetBiggers very interesting critters and has offered non-obligatory comments on more than a few GetBiggers he feels should undergo analysis.

I myself do NOT believe that Time Travel has ever existed and NEVER will, but I am not the smartest GetBigger in this loonie-bin, so I could be mistaken!

And I hope I am mistaken cause I want to go to places I've never been to before and most likely never will .... and see the future before it arrives so I can do some investing on stocks that are yet to be.

Anyway, thanks for the interesting thought.

Dr Dutch

• Getbig V
  • The Incredible Dr Dutch
« Reply #88 on: September 23, 2011, 11:34:04 AM »
Time travel either never existed/exists/will exist or it has always been around, it is meaningless to say it "may be invented one day"....

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #89 on: September 23, 2011, 11:35:20 AM »
One more comment......

There appear to be a lot of 'deep-thinkers' here  ...... as well as a few of us whom apparently got passed over when the brains were issued.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #90 on: September 23, 2011, 12:01:01 PM »
ANDRI, I find your remark about the inability of visiting time that passed prior to a "time machine" discovery  interesting and I'm gonna 'thunk" about it for a while and introduce it and the subject at hand to a bunch of powerful-brained-nerds who I play Poker with on rare occasions. One of these Poker players is a Nuclear Reactor Start Up Engineer, the other is a Quantum Physics Professor and two or three others are doctors including a Shrink who finds us GetBiggers very interesting critters and has offered non-obligatory comments on more than a few GetBiggers he feels should undergo analysis. I myself do NOT believe that Time Travel has ever existed and NEVER will, but I am not the smartest GetBigger in this loonie-bin, so I could be mistaken! And I hope I am mistaken cause I want to go to places I've never been to before and most likely never will .... and see the future before it arrives so I can do some investing on stocks that are yet to be. Anyway, thanks for the interesting thought.

You guys are way off target here, it's not time travel per se, but alternate universe/existence travel you're really looking for.
So in actuality, an alternate universe exists where Goodrum really is Mr. Olympia.
Digest that brother-fuckers..... ;D   

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #91 on: September 23, 2011, 02:27:57 PM »
ANDRI, I find your remark about the inability of visiting time that passed prior to a "time machine" discovery  interesting and I'm gonna 'thunk" about it for a while and introduce it and the subject at hand to a bunch of powerful-brained-nerds who I play Poker with on rare occasions.

One of these Poker players is a Nuclear Reactor Start Up Engineer, the other is a Quantum Physics Professor and two or three others are doctors including a Shrink who finds us GetBiggers very interesting critters and has offered non-obligatory comments on more than a few GetBiggers he feels should undergo analysis.

I myself do NOT believe that Time Travel has ever existed and NEVER will, but I am not the smartest GetBigger in this loonie-bin, so I could be mistaken!

And I hope I am mistaken cause I want to go to places I've never been to before and most likely never will .... and see the future before it arrives so I can do some investing on stocks that are yet to be.

Anyway, thanks for the interesting thought.

Thanks a lot...I could be wrong but it just makes sense that we cannot go back in time further than when the time machine was actually invented because it never existed in the time that you would go back to, (for instance, the assassination of JFK).....and lets say if you and I invented a time machine in our garage, that would be the first day of its existence and therefore any future time traveller would not be able to come back and visit us farther back than that very day......

also if we invented a time machine, the very instant that it became operational, we would probably begin receiving visitors and other stuff from the future since I presume that the time machine would remain operational in the future and therefore people from that future (maybe ourselves?) would send us stuff from the future or would themselves travel in the machine back to visit us....we, on the other hand might be able to go into the future only so far as the time machine being operational in that future.....

if the machine is operational and working normally in the year 2025 but not operational in the year 2026 then 2025 would be our limit in terms of future travel......just a theory....what do you think?

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #92 on: September 23, 2011, 02:30:36 PM »
You guys are way off target here, it's not time travel per se, but alternate universe/existence travel you're really looking for.
So in actuality, an alternate universe exists where Goodrum really is Mr. Olympia.
Digest that brother-fuckers..... ;D   

funny comment about Goodrum..LOL...I would have to think about the alternate universe theory......its just too big to wrap my kind around....I know that scientist think there could be a multiverse with numerous alternate universes...but if this is the case I don't buy that there are alternate copies of ourselves there..probably other life forms of some sort

Swede!

• Getbig IV
« Reply #93 on: September 23, 2011, 02:37:50 PM »
funny comment about Goodrum..LOL...I would have to think about the alternate universe theory......its just too big to wrap my kind around....I know that scientist think there could be a multiverse with numerous alternate universes...but if this is the case I don't buy that there are alternate copies of ourselves there..probably other life forms of some sort

they're are also speculating about more dimension here, on our planet which we cannot see. Which would explain our gravity. (They said something about the one thing that cannot be calculated and made sense of is our gravity, cant remember if it should be more or less. but having another dimension would somehow expain something that they cant at this time.)

Im not good at remembering Exact things lol.

andreisdaman

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: September 23, 2011, 02:41:46 PM »
they're are also speculating about more dimension here, on our planet which we cannot see. Which would explain our gravity. (They said something about the one thing that cannot be calculated and made sense of is our gravity, cant remember if it should be more or less. but having another dimension would somehow expain something that they cant at this time.)

Im not good at remembering Exact things lol.

The universe is just so mind-blowing, its hard to comprehend and make sense of......I can't believe how huge it is......and if its expanding a they say, then expanding into what?..some even speculate that the universe has been expanding and imploding on a regular basis for eons......its more than I can imagine

MikMaq

« Reply #95 on: September 23, 2011, 02:51:05 PM »
and in all of these civilizations that have been "resetted" or anihilated completely in a way or another, you find traces of extra terrestrial "fathers" and "mothers".
Meh what's the need for green men. Alot of these traces are of ancient civilization's we know absolutely nothing about. Just the same as traces of the roman empire can be found in the modern world from argentina to russia, the same was mostly just as common in past ages. Most people are completely unaware that most of asia and all of europe were settled by the  Arayan's this repeating cycle in world history.

ChopperRider

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: September 23, 2011, 02:54:44 PM »

If space is infinite, then there are an infinite number of universes within that "space", with an infinite number of planets.....so surely one (or more) must exist that is an exact/similar replica of earth. Kinda like the infinite monkeys with typewriters will come up with Shakespeare type thinking.

The Multiverse would exist beyond our vision anyway. We can't see beyond the speed of light, and the Big Bang was only 14 billion years ago, so thoeretically we are only able to see a sliver of what exists out there. So yes, whether we admit it or not....Goodrum is a Mr. Olympia somewhere.  ;D

titusisback

• Getbig V
  • Team Ban Mom Lostabet
« Reply #97 on: September 23, 2011, 07:38:25 PM »

stuntmovie

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #98 on: September 23, 2011, 08:16:29 PM »
CHOPPER, ANDRI, ..... Your brief discussion on Alternate Universes is one of the major chapters within the study of Quantum Mechanics.  Refer to DANCING WU LI MASTERS.

I can't completely understand it but that chapter claims that there are many universes and each of us are in each of them but whereas we turn right here in our present universe, we turn left in the alternate universe .... and every possibility takes place within each universe.

Or something like that!

ANDRI, Do you get dizzy when you attempt to 'visualize' the concept of eternity?

Hell!, I got dizzy just reading your explanation of Time Travel as you so 'intelligently' described it above.

There was a movie about some guys who went back in time and stepped on a butterfly which changed the whole world many years later. NAME THAT MOVIE!

Viking11

• Competitors
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #99 on: September 23, 2011, 10:14:49 PM »
It was once theorized that neutrinos could ONLY travel faster than light.not sure exactly when that theory went out of vogue, but since they were said to have no mass and no substance as we know it, they were not limited by the light speed limit, which stems from the E=Mc2 equality.