Author Topic: McGregor from the ufc  (Read 13152 times)

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
Re: McGregor from the ufc
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2015, 02:56:21 AM »
maybe so but im right and what i say can be verified.

Nope. You are not right.

Diversity is never a bad thing. Neither is choice. Option to pick your preferences? Or poisons for that matter...

Frankly, I find most any and all discussions around this topic to be pretty...enigmatic.

People who are firmly on either side of the fence are firmly in the "sounds too pretentious to pay heed to" camp.

This is too trivial a thing to feel strongly about one way or another...

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
  • King of Cybex Glute Machine
« Reply #76 on: May 26, 2015, 04:47:58 AM »
feel free to point out anywhere that ive been wrong

Kwon_2

• Getbig V
  • Pretty sure he isn't in Ibiza getting the girls
« Reply #77 on: May 26, 2015, 04:51:14 AM »
McGregor is 100 times better than Hardy.

Their skill-level and technique = night and day.

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: May 26, 2015, 05:01:38 AM »
McGregor is 100 times better than Hardy.

Their skill-level and technique = night and day.

hardy fought much tougher competition. dude went 5 rounds with gsp (gsp couldnt finish him) - conor never went 5 rounds with anyone.
hardy went three rounds with anthony johnson (dude just fought for the title)
hardy has 35 fights. 10 in the ufc. conor has 5.
he fought more legit competition, fought more, has more experience.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #79 on: May 26, 2015, 07:54:49 AM »

hardy fought much tougher competition. dude went 5 rounds with gsp (gsp couldnt finish him) - conor never went 5 rounds with anyone.
hardy went three rounds with anthony johnson (dude just fought for the title)
hardy has 35 fights. 10 in the ufc. conor has 5.
he fought more legit competition, fought more, has more experience.

Gsp was one of the best. ..but who cares if he didn't finish hardy..he didn't finish anyone in years because he played it safe. Hardy did have power..gsp avoided it...and won. It wasn't an accomplishment that hardy went the distance with him because everybody else did too
irongearco.com

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #80 on: May 26, 2015, 08:57:08 AM »
to fight gsp for the title is an accomplishment in itself and gsp did finish quite a few guys over the years including bj penn, matt serra and matt hughes.
i think hardy was a lot better than people give him credit for.

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #81 on: May 26, 2015, 09:39:39 PM »
I have to bump this..should be up for the fight you know
irongearco.com

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #82 on: May 27, 2015, 03:17:10 AM »
IMO having Hardy fight for the title against GSP was akin to having Patrick Cote fighting Anderson Silva. Decent fighter to a certain level but not in a million years a championship level fighter.

irishdave

• Getbig V
  • It ain’t over ‘TIL it’s over
« Reply #83 on: May 27, 2015, 03:23:03 AM »
IMO having Hardy fight for the title against GSP was akin to having Patrick Cote fighting Anderson Silva. Decent fighter to a certain level but not in a million years a championship level fighter.

This gamechanger is one of those in-denial hater type blokes. His argument is that McGregor is more inexperienced than Hardy: therefore Hardy is a better fighter 'cos he's "more experienced". McGregor is obviously the better fighter and you're trolling if you can't admit that. The reason he hasn't gone 5 rounds is because he hasn't had the need to. He's had 17 fights and 15 by KO and he's improving after every fight. The only person he didn't finish in the UFC was Holloway so far (who has since proven to be an extremely good fighter) and that was because he tore his ACL. One could also argue that Holloway broke his foot but that was only because of McGregor checking his leg kick ;)

I'll say one thing and that is I felt he might have needed one more fight before Aldo but it just didn't work out that way and he's hardly going to turn down a title shot. The UFC want to make as much money out of him as possible and obviously there's always the risk he can lose and they certainly don't want that to happen before a title shot.

I'm not going to get into a debate over this, I know my heart and soul McGregor is the real deal, we've been waiting a long time for a real phenom and this could be it. Just sit back and enjoy his annihalation of Aldo (who hasn't finished anybody in years)

thegamechanger

• Getbig V
« Reply #84 on: May 27, 2015, 04:40:56 AM »
reason mcgregor hasnt gone 5 rounds is that he hasnt fought in a fight that are 5 rounds.
as for aldo not finishing anybody in years he TKOed korean zombie august 2013 (his 3rd lastest fight) and ko'ed chad mendes in his last 5th fight (the only time chad ever been knocked out in 19 fights)

GraniteCityDon

• Getbig IV
« Reply #85 on: May 27, 2015, 07:02:36 AM »
The reason Mcgregor hasnt gone 5 rounds is because he hasnt faced anyone that could go 5 rounds with him. His only 3 round fight was a landslide, he toyed with Holloway who is infact a very very durable fighter. I dont see his fight with Aldo going 5 rounds, one of them will be going down based on the sheer hatred for each other and i see a slugfest occurring. Id love to see the underdog come out on top (Mcgregor) as i am a huge fan of his but i also love to see Aldo in full flow because he is peerless. Be sad for whomever loses.