Author Topic: President Trump  (Read 83169 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Re: President Trump
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 05:49:00 PM »
A Los Angeles Times work, by way of the Chicago Tribune:

Fight to define Trump's presidency will be waged between two competing factions

Fresh from a successful battle against a Democratic opponent, Donald Trump’s attention must now turn to defining his presidency.

His campaign offered two divergent approaches. He was a disruptive rabble-rouser when it came to general demeanor and his immigration and national security stances. He was a more conventional Republican when it came to his social-issue positions and economic concerns.

The warring options were on sharp display overnight into Friday.

Responding to protests around the country Thursday night, Trump first issued a tweet in keeping with the defiant tone of his campaign that “professional protesters, incited by the media, are protesting. Very unfair!”

Nine hours later came one that was more presidential in approach, if a reversal from his first sentiment.

“Love the fact that the small groups of protesters last night have passion for our great country. We will all come together and be proud!” he said.

The early discussions about key positions in his administration included similarly opposed sentiments, suggesting that Trump has yet to lock down precisely how he will approach governing the nation.

Among those being considered for presidential chief of staff — the figure who more than any other determines how well a White House works, and at what — was Stephen Bannon, who took a leave as chairman of Breitbart News to serve as Trump’s campaign CEO.

Bannon is a controversial figure even among Republicans, seen in the campaign as encouraging Trump’s more eye-opening stunts such as his news conference with several women who accused former President Bill Clinton of sexual misconduct. He also fanned some of Trump’s incendiary rhetoric about immigrants, Muslims and African-Americans. But he has no experience in governing or keeping on track an organization as large as the executive branch.

Another person being considered was the far more button-down Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus, an establishment figure who has close ties to House Speaker Paul D. Ryan of Wisconsin and other GOP leaders, having helped run the party for almost six years.

Bannon and Priebus share an alliance with Trump, but little else. The pick is seen as essential to Trump’s direction since the chief of staff often has the president’s ear just before a decision is reached.

The picture is no clearer for other top Cabinet posts, such as secretary of state. Trump is considering Sen. Bob Corker of Tennessee, a consensus builder in the Senate who is well-liked across the aisle. But he is also looking at former United Nations Ambassador John Bolton, one of the most aggressive neoconservative hawks during the George W. Bush administration and a favorite among the Breitbart set.

Adding further uncertainty, on Friday afternoon Trump shook up his transition team, announcing that Vice President-elect Mike Pence would take over, replacing New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie.

As much as staffing, Trump’s presidency also will be defined by the issues he chooses to take up early in his administration. Already, outside groups and Republicans on Capitol Hill, who will continue to control both houses, are pressuring Trump to make good on myriad and sometimes competing campaign promises. And they are moving into the vacuum formed by the lack of substantive policy proposals in the campaign.

Trump’s success in Tuesday’s election rested on running against both parties, Democrats and Republicans alike. That suggests that he may end up cutting a distinct path untethered to the traditional lines, even Republican ones.

More: http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationworld/politics/ct-donald-trump-presidency-20161112-story.html

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 06:40:30 PM »
Vanity Fair, reporting on negative comments made by wealthy global CEOs regarding the Trump victory:

Matt Maloney, the C.E.O. of Grubhub, took things even further in a company-wide e-mail sent to his employees on Wednesday, asking them to resign if they shared president-elect Donald Trump’s values. “I absolutely reject the nationalist, anti-immigrant and hateful politics of Donald Trump and will work to shield our community from this movement as best as I can,” Maloney said. “If you do not agree with this statement then please reply to this email with your resignation because you have no place here. We do not tolerate hateful attitudes on our team.”

GrubHub stock dropped 5% after, at which time Maloney said:

“I want to clarify that I did not ask for anyone to resign if they voted for Trump,” he wrote. “I would never make such a demand. To the contrary, the message of the email is that we do not tolerate discriminatory activity or hateful commentary in the workplace, and that we will stand up for our employees.”

lol

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2016, 07:12:28 PM »
Vanity Fair, reporting on negative comments made by wealthy global CEOs regarding the Trump victory:

GrubHub stock dropped 5% after, at which time Maloney said:

lol

Holy Snikey! If GrubHub tanks , America is doomed.

In related BIG news, my last fart was 3 sec long .

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2016, 10:09:31 PM »
Holy Snikey! If GrubHub tanks , America is doomed.

In related BIG news, my last fart was 3 sec long .

No, I don't believe GrubHub is at risk of tanking for his actions in this regard.  Not at all.  But if a guy like that chooses to shoot his face off in such a stupid way, then he's going to meet backlash.

The real story (and big lol) is a globalist CEO pretending to "shield" humanity from anything.  Americans are getting too wise for the game.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
Re: Donald Trump
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 11:58:18 PM »

Someone should shop jizz on the glasses and put the. Brazzers logo in the pic.

Mobil

• Getbig IV
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2016, 02:31:24 AM »
No he's not, we all see him for egotistic moron he is. Anyone who believes anything the guys says is totally deluded.

American's are insane and a joke to the world now - First off they allow their government to comply with killing over 3000 of their own citizens in the 911 demolitions and now they vote in the son of a billionaire who bullshits his way through business and has zero experience in any form of politics

So in your thought process...u think a crook and killer such as Hillary is ok?
real men= no rubbers

Coach is Back!

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • It’s All Bullshit
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2016, 09:16:35 AM »
2012 Trump Tweets

Strawman posted the same thing, maybe you missed my reply..

"I can't remember, maybe you can help. Did that happen? I don't recall seeing protests all around the country that he funded, burning shit, beating up people, crying like children that didn't their way....that being said who gives a shit what he said. Stop trying to justify you and every other liberal that talked shit for the last eight years and in one fell swoop got your asses LITERALLY handed to you in a matter of a few hours.

You got fucking lied too by your own MSM media that, again, in one fell swoop (along with the help of Wikileaks, Veritas, Anonymous) all got reduced to no more an "Onion" parody.

Accept it, live with it, we did for eight years despite you being warned and this country got fucking HAD by PROVEN liberal cheats and still you and the whining left in this country still have the balls to bring up shit that someone said 4 years ago because you on the left were too God damn dumb to do actual research on a candidate instead of listening to others.

All of this being said, lets see what Trump can do. Even if he keeps half of his promises it will still be 1000% better than what we had before. All we heard for eight years was "Obama is trying to undo the mess that Bush did"....are you fucking kidding me? You know, the ole "It's Bush's fault" excuse. 4-5 months of what Bush did in his last term pales in comparison to the lies and deceit that Obama and the rest of the political left brought in eight years.....spare me your bullshit, cupcake."

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2016, 01:52:42 PM »

mass243

• Getbig V
  • On right side of the history!
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2016, 02:06:30 PM »
No he's not, we all see him for egotistic moron he is. Anyone who believes anything the guys says is totally deluded.

American's are insane and a joke to the world now - First off they allow their government to comply with killing over 3000 of their own citizens in the 911 demolitions and now they vote in the son of a billionaire who bullshits his way through business and has zero experience in any form of politics

Quite the opposite.
I don't see world making joke of Americans for the past few days. What I see is fear. Fear from the political elite especially in Europe who are nothing but dogs on American establishments leash. If Trump turns the tables and starts to pursue politics favoring Americans, it will most likely open the eyes even more in Europe. Ang guess who are thrown the fuck out then? Yes, the current political elite.
Le Pen will win in France... bulgarian pro-russia candidate just won in Bulgaria... Brexit happened already... right wing party knocking doors in Sweden... This might very well open path for the Europe to take our countries back.

Trump has keyes to become politician who has influenced the world order the most since ww2.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2016, 02:43:00 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #60 on: November 16, 2016, 01:10:47 PM »
Glad he demoted Christie.

Donald Trump's son-in-law Jared Kushner is thought to be behind Mr. Christie's and Mr. Rogers' departure.

Mr. Christie was the US Attorney for New Jersey when Mr. Kushner's father was tried and jailed in the state for tax evasion, illegal campaign contributions and witness tampering in 2004. (BBC)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #61 on: November 16, 2016, 01:43:18 PM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2016, 02:03:19 PM »

The Jones guy is a perfect example of media creation.  Totally empty space and meaningless words coming from him.  About 1 mm deep and all useless.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2016, 06:23:18 PM »
The Jones guy is a perfect example of media creation.  Totally empty space and meaningless words coming from him.  About 1 mm deep and all useless.

He's so smart maybe he should throw out some solutions with all his criticisms.

Yamcha

• Getbig V
  • Fundie
« Reply #64 on: November 17, 2016, 02:36:30 AM »

I think he is actually married to a white woman.

a

Soul Crusher

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Doesnt lie about lifting.
« Reply #65 on: November 17, 2016, 06:44:08 AM »
Trump Enacts Five-Year Lobbying Ban for Administration Officials
Newsmax ^ | 17 Nov 2016 | Jason Devaney
Posted on 11/17/2016, 9:30:23 AM by mandaladon

People serving in President-elect Donald Trump's administration will be banned from working as lobbyists for five years, Trump's transition team said Wednesday.

"It goes back to Mr. Trump's goal of making sure people aren't using government to enrich themselves," said Sean Spicer, the Republican National Committee's chief strategist and a member of Trump's transition team.

Spicer made the announcement on a media call, according to The Hill.

The website reported everyone appointed to Trump's administration will sign a contract that said they are not currently working as a lobbyist and will not do so within five years of leaving the administration.

NBC News reported Wednesday that Vice President-elect Mike Pence has ordered the removal of all lobbyists from Trump's transition team.

(Excerpt) Read more at newsmax.com ...

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 17, 2016, 09:34:03 AM »
Someone should shop jizz on the glasses and put the. Brazzers logo in the pic.

THAT would make getbig great again.

loco

• Getbig V
  • loco like a fox
« Reply #67 on: November 17, 2016, 09:40:23 AM »

Is that Vegan Gains and wife?

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 17, 2016, 09:53:41 AM »

Dude needs to break out the Turtle wax and get that dome hella shiny :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #69 on: November 17, 2016, 10:06:40 AM »

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #70 on: November 17, 2016, 10:14:48 AM »

Yes, he figures that serves as a license for his endlessly cryptic comedy act.

calfzilla

• Getbig V
  • YUMAN FILTH!
« Reply #71 on: November 17, 2016, 11:20:57 AM »
^ She is unattractive.

Howard

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: November 17, 2016, 11:29:26 AM »
^ She is unattractive.

Depends?

Standing , fully clothed , maybe a 5.
On her  knees with a lip lock on your dip stick = 10+

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #73 on: November 17, 2016, 12:00:40 PM »
I really hope Trump knows how to handle this character -- and that he knows how to view him without Ivanka acting as the lens.

Jared Kushner, Trump’s son-in-law, talks with lawyers

Jared Kushner, the son-in-law of Mr. Trump, has consulted with lawyers about the possibility of joining the new administration as soon as the president-elect takes office.

Mr. Kushner, 35, who was often described as a de facto campaign manager for Mr. Trump, had been planning to return to his private businesses after Election Day. But on the morning after Mr. Trump won, he began discussing a role in the White House, according to two people briefed on his discussions, who asked for anonymity to describe his thinking.

Among the reasons for Mr. Kushner’s interest is Mr. Trump urging him to join, according to one of the people briefed. Stephen K. Bannon, the chief strategist for the White House, and Reince Priebus, who was named chief of staff, support the idea.

It is still not certain that Mr. Kushner would take such a role, but if he does, he would start on Day 1. There are anti-nepotism rules that prohibit close relatives of the president from playing an active role in the government.

Mr. Kushner has consulted with at least one lawyer and believes that by forgoing a salary and putting his investment fund, his newspaper (The New York Observer) and his real estate holdings into a blind trust that he would not be bound by such rules, according to one of those people briefed.

Mr. Kushner and his wife, Ivanka Trump, have not sought security clearances during the transition process and did not seek to attend daily presidential briefings that Mr. Trump receives. Transition officials said they had no plans to do so. But if Mr. Kushner seeks a role in the administration, that would change.

(NYT)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
« Reply #74 on: November 17, 2016, 12:04:48 PM »

Ted Cruz: From bitter enemy to ‘eager and committed’ to Trump.

Senator Ted Cruz of Texas, who battled bitterly with Mr. Trump during the Republican primary, said on Thursday that he was “eager and committed” to working with him.

In an interview on Fox News, Mr. Cruz said that he met with Mr. Trump on Wednesday and that they had a “far-reaching” conversation about the challenges facing the country. There is speculation that Mr. Cruz could be a potential nominee for attorney general or the Supreme Court, but on Thursday he dodged questions about his future.

“I’m eager to work with the president in whatever capacity I can have the greatest impact defending the principles I was elected to defend,” Mr. Cruz said. “I am excited for the opportunity we have to come together and get the job done.”

Republicans have only a slim majority in the Senate, but Mr. Cruz expressed openness to doing away with the filibuster so that his party could push through Mr. Trump’s agenda.

“I think we need to do whatever is necessary to get the job done,” he said.

(NYT)