Author Topic: The Mature thread  (Read 241682 times)

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Re: The Mature thread
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2012, 12:48:44 AM »
It was a joke PM. 

And my response to you was also written "tongue in cheek".  :)

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2012, 05:45:27 AM »
Nice to see Booty Baby has joined us... today is a fast run( well fast for me ) and i will do some double crunches and leg raises on the floor hands under the buttocks to support my lower back. I like to do leg raises opening the legs and closing them,then up and down alternate and then inwards and outwards in a circle.

funk51

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2012, 07:04:34 AM »
I am waiting until I become mature enough, before I can post in here.   ;D
remember your only young once but you can be immature forever. words i live by. 8)
F

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2012, 07:48:05 PM »
did delts today started with 3 heavy working sets fr press,,then did the run the rack side laterals 8-10mreps per dbell 35,30,25,20,15  2x around incredible pump...bent over cable rear laterals,,,db press 2x to finish,,,shrugs with diamond shape bar u stand inside and handles on side.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #129 on: November 29, 2012, 07:58:16 PM »
I am just reading.  I can't really contribute until I am back to weight training, which will be on thursday when my nose is post op 6 weeks.  I am really looking forward to training properly again.  I have almost given in a couple of times but I won't because I always do something 100% and I want a full recovery from this nose op.  Then it's on.   8)

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #130 on: November 29, 2012, 08:09:30 PM »
remember your only young once but you can be immature forever. words i live by. 8)
Seriously I hate immaturity.  Wise words funk51. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2012, 02:44:57 AM »
did delts today started with 3 heavy working sets fr press,,then did the run the rack side laterals 8-10mreps per dbell 35,30,25,20,15  2x around incredible pump...bent over cable rear laterals,,,db press 2x to finish,,,shrugs with diamond shape bar u stand inside and handles on side.
Think you mean a "trap Bar"...nice workout. very intensive and the fruits of your labours are evident in the picture.

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2012, 02:46:14 AM »
I am just reading.  I can't really contribute until I am back to weight training, which will be on thursday when my nose is post op 6 weeks.  I am really looking forward to training properly again.  I have almost given in a couple of times but I won't because I always do something 100% and I want a full recovery from this nose op.  Then it's on.   8)
look after yourself booty.. your health comes first :-*

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2012, 03:01:18 AM »
So I went to the gym tonight where my best friend was working.  I chatted for a while with her and everytime I looked the treadmills were taken so my friend said to me "do you want to do arms with me?".  I didn't want to do tricep dips on the bar/machine so instead I began to train legs on my own.  Well it felt like a drug (not that I would know, haha) as soon as I did my first set of adductor machine.  I only did two sets per exercise except for the last exercise (standing calf raise) as I developed this strange pressure behind the eyes and nose and head and so stopped at 8 reps.  I did high reps with medium weight for the first set and then added more weight for the next set.

Leg adductor x2 sets
Laying leg curls x2 sets
thigh extension x2 sets
seated leg curls x2 sets
cable kickbacks (for glutes) each leg x2 sets
standing calf raises x 1 set

Finished off with treadmill for 20 mins only due to weird pressure behind eyes,nose and head.

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2012, 03:02:53 AM »
look after yourself booty.. your health comes first :-*
I will Donny and agreed, health first always. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2012, 03:04:57 AM »
nice booty. be careful though... :) good you never did any heavy leg press or squats because of the pressure you felt..

booty

• Getbig V
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2012, 03:12:45 AM »
nice booty. be careful though... :) good you never did any heavy leg press or squats because of the pressure you felt..
I know and my best friend was trying to get me to do leg press, but I told her that it would put too much strain on my nose.  I just did isolation exercises but I maxed out with reps, went for the burn.  I will be sore tomorrow or the next day...not looking forward to the DOMS. 

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #137 on: December 01, 2012, 06:53:13 AM »
Today i think i will go and swim a few lengths. Have not been swimming for a while. I will at the end do some leg raises at the side(elbows holding me up on the side of the pool) and do some hanging leg raises in the water..  ;D

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #138 on: December 01, 2012, 06:56:32 AM »
Today i think i will go and swim a few lengths. Have not been swimming for a while. I will at the end do some leg raises at the side(elbows holding me up on the side of the pool) and do some hanging leg raises in the water..  ;D
whats ur stats donny hght,weight,bf,,,

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #139 on: December 01, 2012, 08:20:21 AM »
well i am 5 7" and weigh 75 kg(at the moment and was more heavy). I am not sure what body fat i have but i think about 10%. it changes because i run a lot too. Although with weight training i am solid enough.

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #140 on: December 01, 2012, 10:59:13 AM »
well i am 5 7" and weigh 75 kg(at the moment and was more heavy). I am not sure what body fat i have but i think about 10%. it changes because i run a lot too. Although with weight training i am solid enough.
we're about same height i might be 5'8 lol   break down kg to weight i'm dumb american lol,,,i weigh around 185 to 190 ranges ,,,,i had killer leg wkout today  leg press did 4 plates per,then 5,6 ,,then 2 sets of 7 plates ,,,close feet squat finished 315 for 10 last set,,,lunges changed it up did stairs 50 lb db went up steps skipped over 1 so 2 steps up per then one way down ran down 3x around my heart was jumping on those,,,extensions ,,,,then leg curl lying and stiff legged deads  got up to 235 for 8/10 there pumped hams,,,,calves 2 exerscises,,,thanx for stopping at pic thread love chest training but delts have come up last few yrs balanced off i was all chest for long time,,,

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #141 on: December 01, 2012, 11:26:46 AM »
I am not sure but i think itīs maybe double.. not sure my bodyweight is i think in lbs 150.

B_B_C

• Getbig IV
  • change is the lot of all
« Reply #142 on: December 01, 2012, 11:57:36 AM »
I am lucky because i have What i need at home . So no traveling and its easy for me to fit it in

oh i wish it was that easy
a while I made a stab at a serious home gym, repaired an old shed, nearly broke my back with the concrete mixing etc, already had the olympic discs and bar and then made a lifting frame from old ESB (telegraph) poles.
didnt have enough energy after that to catchop with previous form. Going to a gym else where has a lot of things going for it (though none nearby have decent free weights)
c

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #143 on: December 01, 2012, 12:04:44 PM »
All you need is a barbell which you have and a bench and squat stands. you can then fulfill all the requirements , push,pull, squat.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #144 on: December 01, 2012, 05:29:16 PM »

75 kg = 165.3 lbs.

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #145 on: December 02, 2012, 08:12:22 AM »
Question for you older guys who have had back pain problems in the past. I am 32 and this last happened when I was in my early 20s. I have some problems that are not serious enough to require any surgery but the disc has some damage and sometimes I get that sciatica type pain.

Have you had it and how did you adjust your training?

For example.... I don't want to do say switch to leg presses because I feel that squats will actually help. I just lighten the weight and do more reps and play with the tempo.

MDN

Donny

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
  • getbig Zen Master
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2012, 08:32:07 AM »
sorry to hear about your back. I myself have never had a back problem.. I would use  pre-exhaust on my quads : Leg extension+Squats and Leg curls+ Romanian Deadlifts( if you can do them if not Hyperextensions) Dumbbell squats and lunges work too. I would train my Abs hard too and the obliques. Any other Mature trainers got any better suggestions to help mdn250 ?  I take it we are talking about your lower back?

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2012, 08:34:09 AM »
sorry to hear about your back. I myself have never had a back problem.. I would use  pre-exhaust on my quads : Leg extension+Squats and Leg curls+ Romanian Deadlifts( if you can do them if not Hyperextensions) Dumbbell squats and lunges work too. I would train my Abs hard too and the obliques. Any other Mature trainers got any better suggestions to help mdn250 ?  I take it we are talking about your lower back?
same advice i'd give,,,,

mdn250

• Getbig II
« Reply #148 on: December 02, 2012, 08:48:56 AM »

Thanks that sounds like a plan, I haven't done lunges in years that with the new front squats at a higher rep range could be a switch that I need. I am training again after a few years off. I was so happy to train again I probably just overdid it and caused it to flareup. I will get the Active Release Therapy from the chiro if it doesn't go away soon. That is an amazing therapy! But expensive :)

MDN

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
« Reply #149 on: December 02, 2012, 10:42:57 AM »
In the past when I would have back pain, it was due to my "putting it out." My DO would adjust it for me and I'd be fine until the next time it went out. Interestingly enough, this never happened when I was working out at the gym, but rather from some small movement while at home or work. Exercise actually helped correct this problem.

About a year ago my back went out, or so I thought. I went to the doctor for an adjustment. He told me my back was perfectly aligned. I got an x-ray which showed that I had degenerating disks in my back or basically arthritis. six weeks of physical therapy and using a Tens every day on it got it back in shape. I've had no problem with it since. Much of the physical therapy was exercises for the back to build the muscles supporting the spine in that area.

As for weight lifting, while my back was compromised, I didn't lift weights or workout at all except for the exercises I did each day as prescribed by the physical therapist. Once my back had recovered, I got the go ahead to return to my regular workout routine. The only cautionary advice was to always use good form. I was not given any restrictions as to which exercises to do or not do.