Author Topic: Our moderators are whacked!!!!  (Read 7526 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Re: Our moderators are whacked!!!!
« Reply #25 on: March 01, 2007, 09:28:28 AM »
That's the idea  ::)  Your conservative mod is there, have you tried to pm him once!!!!!! with a problem :-\  No, you're just upset because I nailed you in a debate...

You nailed me in a debate???????? which one was that?
gotta love life

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #26 on: March 01, 2007, 09:30:16 AM »
You ask for fairness, you are saying it's not fair now... If it's not fair, there is abuse, where is the abuse?...  Have you tried to pm or needed to pm DL at any time?  Well?  The mod balance is NOT to give the board balance nor was it ever intended to give the board balance... I'm going to copy some posts over here, please read them. thank you.

I have stated the "abuse" (although I never classified it as such) 700 times. IF YOU ASK FOR FACTS AND NOT ASSUMPTIONS IN ONE BOARD THEN ASK FOR THEM IN ALL BOARDS!!!
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #27 on: March 01, 2007, 02:00:36 PM »
I have stated the "abuse" (although I never classified it as such) 700 times. IF YOU ASK FOR FACTS AND NOT ASSUMPTIONS IN ONE BOARD THEN ASK FOR THEM IN ALL BOARDS!!!
It was not a mod demand... ::)  It's up to regular ol users of this forum to demand facts with they see a need to do so.... I'm not going to dictate any such thing for the whole forum ::) That's crazy... clearly I did not step into the Al Gore debate as a mod dictating any such thing.  My personal opinion is that more facts are needed before a definitive condemnation of Al Gore can be made.  My opinion. that is all...

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
« Reply #28 on: March 01, 2007, 02:13:59 PM »
My personal opinion is that more facts are needed before a definitive condemnation of Al Gore can be made. 

But of all the things to pounce on him for... his electricity bill?

What about his fund-raising from the White House? His cozying up to the Chinese?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2007, 02:15:14 PM »

What about his fund-raising from the White House? His cozying up to the Chinese?

All worthwhile anti-Al causes.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: March 01, 2007, 02:16:23 PM »

All valid things for a politcal forum, feel free to post on them at will ;D

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #31 on: March 01, 2007, 08:40:17 PM »

Yes!

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: March 01, 2007, 08:56:36 PM »
Yes!
So you want it to be a board rule?  I thought it was working just fine when someone felt that someone's case was not adequately supported, they could just point it out as such.  Nobody seemed to have a problem doing it before yesterday...  So you feel that I should insist on the facts in every thread?  Keep in mind that I was NOT asserting a demand for facts in the AL Gore thread AS a means of Modding the thread. You know, all I did in that thread was to say that I felt X questions needed answered before a determination could be made that Al Gore was a hypocrite and MM69 came unglued that I dare ask for such without demanding the same for all... Well that's not a forum rule and I think it would make a silly one.  If you're arguing someone and they are lacking in details/facts, just point it out, what's so hard about that?  That is all...

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #33 on: March 01, 2007, 09:51:38 PM »
Berserker,

Maybe when you mod, you should type in big bold letters

"This is your moderator speaking"

...so that those who ride the short bus can keep up.  :P
w

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2007, 10:12:32 PM »
So you want it to be a board rule?  I thought it was working just fine when someone felt that someone's case was not adequately supported, they could just point it out as such.  Nobody seemed to have a problem doing it before yesterday...  So you feel that I should insist on the facts in every thread?  Keep in mind that I was NOT asserting a demand for facts in the AL Gore thread AS a means of Modding the thread. You know, all I did in that thread was to say that I felt X questions needed answered before a determination could be made that Al Gore was a hypocrite and MM69 came unglued that I dare ask for such without demanding the same for all... Well that's not a forum rule and I think it would make a silly one.  If you're arguing someone and they are lacking in details/facts, just point it out, what's so hard about that?  That is all...

It was more and observation than anything.  It seems like if someone attacks Bush, not only is no evidence is required but the other members trip over themselves to add to his alleged failings.  And if someone criticizes a big democrat here, than they had damn sure better have unflappable proof to back it up or face being ridiculed.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #35 on: March 01, 2007, 10:33:03 PM »
It was more and observation than anything.  It seems like if someone attacks Bush, not only is no evidence is required but the other members trip over themselves to add to his alleged failings.  And if someone criticizes a big democrat here, than they had damn sure better have unflappable proof to back it up or face being ridiculed.

Ain't that the truth.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: March 01, 2007, 10:57:11 PM »
But you do realise you've laid out problems that aren't really that mod fixable right?  It's up to you guys to all call BS when you see it... Which is all I did with Al Gore...  If you see it, call it, and show why it is... It's not the mod's job to go charging into debates telling people to provide proof or zip it... If someone makes a baseless claim, well, it shouldn't be very difficult to expose it.  That's all part of political debate, has been for as long as I can remember.  Never have I got a report to mod pm saying, "Joeseph said this and has no proof, can you go stop him please and make him post proof..."

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: March 01, 2007, 11:01:16 PM »
and another thing, I call BS once again.  Look through the threads!  One by one!  It is so far from all Bush bashing it's not even funny, topics are all over the place... But again, don't expect for it not to come up when you have several wars going on from a president with a rock bottom approval rating.  But saying it's all Bush Bashing is out of line.  VERY Clearly other topics routinely get debated when brought to the forum.

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #38 on: March 01, 2007, 11:42:03 PM »
and another thing, I call BS once again.  Look through the threads!  One by one!  It is so far from all Bush bashing it's not even funny, topics are all over the place... But again, don't expect for it not to come up when you have several wars going on from a president with a rock bottom approval rating.  But saying it's all Bush Bashing is out of line.  VERY Clearly other topics routinely get debated when brought to the forum.

I'd say more people here attack Bush than defend him, or at very least, more loudly, but that just means conservatives like myself need to work harder to argue our case and persuade those who can be persuaded.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: March 01, 2007, 11:59:17 PM »
Lets not forgot only 1 out of 3 are giving Bush a favorable approval rating.  It's not hard to find conservatives who don't have nice things to say for Bush.  It's not uncommon to turn on the tube and see a republican not happy at all... I fliped on to a repubican talking impeachment on CNN last week.  As far as Bush getting some heat on this board, he bought it, he can own it...  And the simple fact is you're not going to be able to blame it all on liberals.  You're going to have guys like 240 who vote republican pissed off at Bush.  It is what it is...

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
« Reply #40 on: March 02, 2007, 12:29:27 AM »
Lets not forgot only 1 out of 3 are giving Bush a favorable approval rating.  It's not hard to find conservatives who don't have nice things to say for Bush.  It's not uncommon to turn on the tube and see a republican not happy at all... I fliped on to a repubican talking impeachment on CNN last week.  As far as Bush getting some heat on this board, he bought it, he can own it...  And the simple fact is you're not going to be able to blame it all on liberals.  You're going to have guys like 240 who vote republican pissed off at Bush.  It is what it is...

Bush has had to feel the impact of smear campaigns of unimaginable force and intent.  I can't think of another individual that has had to endure such intense scrutiny and criticism, a lot of which is on a personal level and unnecessary.  Does Bush deserve to be scrutinised?  Sure.  Does he deserve to have expletives and bizarre personal critiques of both himself and his family?  I think not.

To this end, he holds himself with admirable grace and cool thoughtfulness.  I have no problem at all with anyone pulling apart word for word his policies and political movements; I just disagree with any President being character assassinated. 

Besides this, I think I'd be almost the only person here willing to admit I really like George W Bush.  I think he's a genuinely warm hearted and lovable guy, with a intellect not quite done justice by his sometimes inarticulate words.  This is regardless of what I think of him on a political level.  I also felt the same way about Clinton, even if I think he was somewhat dishonest in his approach at times.  Respect for the man that leads the most powerful country in the world is something that flows easily from me - it's one hell of a job, one I wouldn't wish upon anyone.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: March 02, 2007, 12:40:51 AM »
Bush has had to feel the impact of smear campaigns of unimaginable force and intent.  I can't think of another individual that has had to endure such intense scrutiny and criticism, a lot of which is on a personal level and unnecessary.  Does Bush deserve to be scrutinised?  Sure.  Does he deserve to have expletives and bizarre personal critiques of both himself and his family?  I think not.

To this end, he holds himself with admirable grace and cool thoughtfulness.  I have no problem at all with anyone pulling apart word for word his policies and political movements; I just disagree with any President being character assassinated. 

Besides this, I think I'd be almost the only person here willing to admit I really like George W Bush.  I think he's a genuinely warm hearted and lovable guy, with a intellect not quite done justice by his sometimes inarticulate words.  This is regardless of what I think of him on a political level.  I also felt the same way about Clinton, even if I think he was somewhat dishonest in his approach at times.  Respect for the man that leads the most powerful country in the world is something that flows easily from me - it's one hell of a job, one I wouldn't wish upon anyone.

:o :o :owow :o :o :o I totally don't want to nail you for your age, but I gotta say by what I just read, you clearly were not self aware :D during the 90's... I cannot believe Clinton doesn't come to mind when you say, "Bush has had to feel the impact of smear campaigns of unimaginable force and intent.  I can't think of another individual that has had to endure such intense scrutiny and criticism, a lot of which is on a personal level and unnecessary ."  I actually fell out of my seat just now :P  And I'm not even a fan of Clinton. 

Honest, we've been getting along good and I like it so don't take this to serious, it's just message board debating and you know me, I'll turn right around and be nice as hell in the next post  ;D

tu_holmes

• Getbig V
  • Robot
« Reply #42 on: March 02, 2007, 01:14:50 AM »

I won't go into Clinton as I just see that Berserker already did that... He and his family are subject to this scrutiny because HE put a very personal thing (His families religious beliefs) in the public eye... I didn't ask him about them and I didn't want to know about them, but he threw them at me anyway... He doesn't get the option of saying "Stay out of my personal life".

His entire base for his Presidency was because of very personal beliefs.

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #43 on: March 02, 2007, 04:18:03 AM »

Yes, and the attacks on Bush started before he took office.  It only started with Clinton once they found dirt on him, and there was plenty.  I like W on a personal level.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #44 on: March 02, 2007, 04:30:55 AM »
It's what it is.

Clinton fans were truly pissed when Letterman and Leno constantly made fun of "Bubba".

But at least now they acknowledge that Letterman and Leno are making fun of Bush in the same manner, although Clinton was targeted for his obesity and womanizing, whereas Bush is targeted for his lack of intellectual provess.

The funnymen aren't what is important.

What is important, is whether or not the news journalists investigate the persons in power.

The media didn't do its job following the 9-11. The media is supposed to keep the three branches honest.

They failed.

FOX News is the biggest scumbag, but CNN, ABC, CBS, MSNBC, they all did a lot of self censoring.

It's unexcusable.

Some journalistic choices weren't supposed to be easy.

To stand up for freedom of speech, when an outer threat is is emerging, eg.

But that's what a journalist have to do.

Where the fcuk did the Ed Bradley's, the Larry King's, the Bob Woodward's et al go during the self censoring?

Why didn't they speak up?

Hell, why the fcuk didn't Peter McGough, Bob Kennedy, Lonnie Teper or Ron Harris speak up?

They're journalists as well.

Show some spine gentlemen.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #45 on: March 02, 2007, 04:52:05 AM »
I like Fox news.  Sure the have a conserative leaning on the news, but all of the others you mentioned have a liberal bias to them.  I hear real news stories on Fox that the other places don't even mention.  I hated when CNN was stating how bad the soldiers were doing while they were doing an excellent job.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: March 02, 2007, 04:53:07 AM »
Yes, and the attacks on Bush started before he took office.  It only started with Clinton once they found dirt on him, and there was plenty.  I like W on a personal level.
WHAT ::)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #47 on: March 02, 2007, 05:42:40 AM »

I never asked for it to be a rule, there should be no censorship here, but when you said this, and I quote for the 4th time "I'm only trying to see that we're looking at the truth and not misleading info" that is a moderator speaking and trying to impact the debate. And like it or not, by having all those pretty green stars next to your name will change the way people interpret your comments. All I asked for (and saying I came unglued is a bit of an exaggeration, however par for the course from a lib) was that if you are going to speak up in that form when a Dem is being ridiculed, I would expect my mod to do the sme across the board.
gotta love life

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: March 02, 2007, 01:30:34 PM »
Bush has had to feel the impact of smear campaigns of unimaginable force and intent.  I can't think of another individual that has had to endure such intense scrutiny and criticism, a lot of which is on a personal level and unnecessary.

{cough} Clinton

Does Bush deserve to be scrutinised?  Sure.  Does he deserve to have expletives and bizarre personal critiques of both himself and his family?  I think not.

I agree that Laura and the twins should be off-limits, but I think critiques of Jeb, GW, GH, Neil, & Barbara are fair.

He has no character

{LOL} Give it up Bruce. You won't get your green card that way.  ;D
w

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: March 02, 2007, 01:42:46 PM »
I never asked for it to be a rule, there should be no censorship here, but when you said this, and I quote for the 4th time "I'm only trying to see that we're looking at the truth and not misleading info" that is a moderator speaking and trying to impact the debate. And like it or not, by having all those pretty green stars next to your name will change the way people interpret your comments. All I asked for (and saying I came unglued is a bit of an exaggeration, however par for the course from a lib) was that if you are going to speak up in that form when a Dem is being ridiculed, I would expect my mod to do the sme across the board.

Your mod? ???  You say that like you only have 1 mod. You have 3. We all do.
And unless some egregious infraction has occurred, we have no need to call on them. They are afterall volunteers

So you're pissed because a right winger hasn't spoken up and called BS on a post you think is BS?
It's not the job of the mods to post your arguments in a discussion. If you think a statement is BS, call it.
Are we to interpret your impotence and inability to make your own arguments as indicative of the type of military muscle your nation has. You call yourself a strong man... now prove it. Show a little strength you 98lb. weakling.  :P

Berserker, I really think you need the big bold letters when acting as mod.

This way... if the postings beside your name DON'T say:

"This is your moderator speaking"

...they'll know you're just Berserker the forum participant ...participating in the discussion.

Hope That Helps  :)
w