Author Topic: Our moderators are whacked!!!!  (Read 7535 times)

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
  • You can't be a citizen unless you serve
Our moderators are whacked!!!!
« on: March 01, 2007, 05:33:06 AM »
Yesterday a post is made about Gore using to much power and Beserker steps in and demands facts before bashing Gore. Then OzmO makes a post (see: list of things bush has done wrong) and doesn't put one fact in his whole post. Everything in there is opinion based... (oh ok maybe he knew the 3 planes had been hijacked, I guess he should have jumped in the phone booth changed and gone to stop them.) and not one work from Beserker, because as he admits he is politically biased. Obvioiusly OzmO is also. Where is our conservative rep?
gotta love life

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Re: Our moderators are whacked!!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2007, 05:56:46 AM »
You all heard it.  The people demand a conservative mod.  We are tired of the liberals trying to bully the board.

My vote goes to cap86.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2007, 06:01:44 AM »
(oh ok maybe he knew the 3 planes had been hijacked, I guess he should have jumped in the phone booth changed and gone to stop them.)

No, but he sure didn't have to lie to America about it.

He sure as hell didn't have to continue going to an elementary school (a highly publicized public event) after learning of the 3 hijacks and one suicide crash.

Saying "I thought, that is one bad pilot" after being told three planes were hijacked - how can you explain that away?

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2007, 06:06:23 AM »
No, but he sure didn't have to lie to America about it.

He sure as hell didn't have to continue going to an elementary school (a highly publicized public event) after learning of the 3 hijacks and one suicide crash.

Saying "I thought, that is one bad pilot" after being told three planes were hijacked - how can you explain that away?

In all honesty I don't have a problem with him going to the school even if he knew about the planes. I mean I don't know about the lie personally, so I can't comment on that.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2007, 06:13:57 AM »
In all honesty I don't have a problem with him going to the school even if he knew about the planes. I mean I don't know about the lie personally, so I can't comment on that.

IMO, it makes zero sense.

If there are 3 hijacked planes, then already we have the worst American soil event in decades.  It's HUGE. 

Then, when one of those planes crashes into a NYC skyscraper, Bush/Bush's team should have realized we are on the cusp of something historical beyond comprehension.  To walk in calmy and say "Thats one bad pilot" was deceptive at best.  At worst, it might mean he knew what the targets were, and that his highly public event at an unsecure open campus FL school was in no danger.

And his unwillingness to testify before the 911 commission...

It starts to add up.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2007, 06:17:11 AM »
IMO, it makes zero sense.

If there are 3 hijacked planes, then already we have the worst American soil event in decades.  It's HUGE. 

Then, when one of those planes crashes into a NYC skyscraper, Bush/Bush's team should have realized we are on the cusp of something historical beyond comprehension.  To walk in calmy and say "Thats one bad pilot" was deceptive at best.  At worst, it might mean he knew what the targets were, and that his highly public event at an unsecure open campus FL school was in no danger.

And his unwillingness to testify before the 911 commission...

It starts to add up.

Personally I am glad he didn't put on the chicken little costume.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2007, 06:21:08 AM »
Personally I am glad he didn't put on the chicken little costume.

you mean, take his limo to a military base and begin solving the problem?

You wanna know something else?  IN the summer of 2001, Bush oddly removed power to shoot down plane from Pentagon/NORAD generals and gave it all to he and Cheney.

He specifically made it so that any shootdown had to be given by him.  Then, when that was needed two months later, he walked into an elementary school instead of giving orders.

It's not about playing chicken little.  It's about doing his fucking job.  He specifically changed policy so he directly had control over shootdowns - then when this power was suddenly needed, he ran from that responsibility.  IMO, THAT is the chicken little move.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2007, 06:23:49 AM »
you mean, take his limo to a military base and begin solving the problem?

You wanna know something else?  IN the summer of 2001, Bush oddly removed power to shoot down plane from Pentagon/NORAD generals and gave it all to he and Cheney.

He specifically made it so that any shootdown had to be given by him.  Then, when that was needed two months later, he walked into an elementary school instead of giving orders.

It's not about playing chicken little.  It's about doing his fucking job.  He specifically changed policy so he directly had control over shootdowns - then when this power was suddenly needed, he ran from that responsibility.  IMO, THAT is the chicken little move.

I think you mean that would make that a chicken shit move, anyway, other than quoting a CT website, where does it say he has sole power to order planes shot down? And it doesn't really matter because the planes to do it no matter who had the power never got in the air.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2007, 06:29:02 AM »
I think you mean that would make that a chicken shit move, anyway, other than quoting a CT website, where does it say he has sole power to order planes shot down?

CT website?  No sir.  I will cite the specific law tonight if you want.  Will it change anything for you?

And it doesn't really matter because the planes to do it no matter who had the power never got in the air.

bullshit, junior.  They were re-routed over the atlantic.  I'll scan the pics of the paths.  They ran a complete circle for 30 minutes at 400 mph, after starting a beeline for the hijacked planes at 1875 mph.

Who called them off?  That's the question.

If you want to kage match this one, mm69, I'll take you up on it.  Bush took control over this power then did nothing on 911, and those planes were rereouted.  I'm sorry to tell you, but 911 was allowed to happen.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2007, 06:35:33 AM »
CT website?  No sir.  I will cite the specific law tonight if you want.  Will it change anything for you?

bullshit, junior.  They were re-routed over the atlantic.  I'll scan the pics of the paths.  They ran a complete circle for 30 minutes at 400 mph, after starting a beeline for the hijacked planes at 1875 mph.

Who called them off?  That's the question.

If you want to kage match this one, mm69, I'll take you up on it.  Bush took control over this power then did nothing on 911, and those planes were rereouted.  I'm sorry to tell you, but 911 was allowed to happen.

All I know is we had a lot of briefings in the Air Force about how to avoid not being able to scramble planes soon enough. So the word from my commanders is we didn't get the planes up in time.
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2007, 06:44:27 AM »
All I know is we had a lot of briefings in the Air Force about how to avoid not being able to scramble planes soon enough. So the word from my commanders is we didn't get the planes up in time.

I encourage you to read about it.  I've read the 911 commission report, along with the 911 report 'critique' where they point out every inconcistency in the story.

I've read and re-read the transcripts, the flight path, the comunications according to FAA testimony, etc. 

They changed websites, they destroyed tapes, they pointed fingers, they lost phone records.

Dude, the story stinks from top to bottom.  Aside from WTC7, the inability to shoot down planes with an hours notice is inexcusable.  It was NOT incompetence and everyone tried to blame.  There are outright lies which were caught under oath, which no one pursued.  NORAD knew for 45 minutes after being told by the FAA, and they did nothing for those 45 minutes.  The FAA proved they called them at 8:21.  NORAD told us they didn't know anything until after 9 am.  NO ONE made them accountable for this MAJOR ommission

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 06:54:24 AM »
This thread sure got off track fast.

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2007, 07:18:59 AM »
This thread sure got off track fast.

Yeah!!! Lets get back to bashing Beserker, OzmO isn't as bad but we need a ballance of power!!!
gotta love life

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2007, 07:28:07 AM »
Yeah!!! Lets get back to bashing Beserker, OzmO isn't as bad but we need a ballance of power!!!

Explain how Berserker or Ozmo abused their moderating properties?

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2007, 07:35:32 AM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=131457.0

Once again we are having problems reading below the first few posts   ;D

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2007, 07:44:42 AM »

-Hedge

Never accused them of abusing, go ahead and look, I never said it. I asked for fairness. If Beserker is going to complain that misleading info is being spread about a lib, he should complain when misleading info is spread about a conservative
gotta love life

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2007, 07:45:27 AM »

They didn't.

This is a ploy to give the neocon element the ability to merge things into irrelevance.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #17 on: March 01, 2007, 07:48:52 AM »

-Hedge

They didn't abuse anything, but I question the purpose of the militarymuscle thread.  The guy had an opinion.  You don't have to agree with it.  Creating a thread to attack his opinion isn't going to change his opinion.  You can almost view it as an attempt to stifle his opinion.  He can complain all he wants.  You don't have to agree.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: March 01, 2007, 07:48:59 AM »
Never accused them of abusing, go ahead and look, I never said it. I asked for fairness. If Beserker is going to complain that misleading info is being spread about a lib, he should complain when misleading info is spread about a conservative

Ok, fair enough.

Unless they are abusing their Moderating properties, they're just like any other member.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2007, 07:53:53 AM »
They didn't abuse anything, but I question the purpose of the militarymuscle thread.  The guy had an opinion.  You don't have to agree with it.  Creating a thread to attack his opinion isn't going to change his opinion.  You can almost view it as an attempt to stifle his opinion.  He can complain all he wants.  You don't have to agree.

I think it was the usual "Berserker losing his cool" thread, ie another meltdown from Berserker.

But in no way did it he abuse his moderating properties there.

Perhaps he should've moved his own thread to the Y board, I dunno. ;D

What I know is that Berserker been consistant in that he's kept his moderating and his own opinions separated. That's being fair IMO.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #20 on: March 01, 2007, 08:00:31 AM »
I think it was the usual "Berserker losing his cool" thread, ie another meltdown from Berserker.

What I know is that Berserker been consistant in that he's kept his moderating and his own opinions separated. That's being fair IMO.

-Hedge

I said "they didn't abuse anything."  What I'm focusing on is an apparent attempt to silence someone's opinion.  I'm not talking about fairness or saying anyone cannot, or shouldn't, make a thread telling someone they have no right to complain, I'm saying I question the motive behind that kind of thread. 

militarymuscle69

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: March 01, 2007, 08:00:56 AM »

-Hedge

I agree that hea had been keeping them seperate until he said this "I'm only trying to see that we're looking at the truth and not misleading info" and then lets the lib point of view post misleading info with out question.
gotta love life

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2007, 08:42:37 AM »
Yesterday a post is made about Gore using to much power and Beserker steps in and demands facts before bashing Gore. Then OzmO makes a post (see: list of things bush has done wrong) and doesn't put one fact in his whole post. Everything in there is opinion based... (oh ok maybe he knew the 3 planes had been hijacked, I guess he should have jumped in the phone booth changed and gone to stop them.) and not one work from Beserker, because as he admits he is politically biased. Obvioiusly OzmO is also. Where is our conservative rep?
That's the idea  ::)  Your conservative mod is there, have you tried to pm him once!!!!!! with a problem :-\  No, you're just upset because I nailed you in a debate...

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2007, 08:47:27 AM »
You ask for fairness, you are saying it's not fair now... If it's not fair, there is abuse, where is the abuse?...  Have you tried to pm or needed to pm DL at any time?  Well?  The mod balance is NOT to give the board balance nor was it ever intended to give the board balance... I'm going to copy some posts over here, please read them. thank you.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2007, 08:52:11 AM »
Please read this quote MM69, this should best explain what the intentions of having a mod balance is and is not.

A missunderstanding I'm thinking... Remembering back, some of the accusations from some of the people posting in general was that threads would get deleted or merged and in general harsh policy applied to certain people like you or me because the board mods leaned the other way politically.  The balance is so that there is comfort in this area.  A person can post freely knowing that there is not a board of mods that leans all one way politically.  It also means that the accusation can't be levied in the first place.  It also makes it possible for any mod to participate in the board like a normal poster.  Because the person you are arguing with, may not be comfortable bringing an issue to you the very next day.  Since we adopted the mod range, it means everyone should have another choice of mod to go to nullifying the issue before it ever happens.  It was thought that this board would best benefit from the range for these reasons because it is a political board where sides do get drawn and drawn often.  So yes I do agree that politics has nothing to do with being a good mod, but the political balance is there for safety of all who come to the board and is there for us mods too!  Otherwise I would have to guard my participation extensively for the fairness of all.  Hope that explains why there should be a mod balance.  You are also right that the balance of the board comes from those who post here, not from the mod balance.  The mod balance is for the security of all the users, but really has nothing to do with the board balance that is indeed made up of the participants and in that aspect I'm just 1 more voice in a board of voices no better than anyone else.  I don't expect people to listen to what I have to say politically more because I'm a mod.  I would hope I'm gauged like everyone else with my political beliefs.