Author Topic: Study says teenagers made up just 10 percent of March for Our Lives crowd  (Read 12809 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Virtually no one in that crowd, percentage-wise, has had any personal history involving anyone being shot in a school.  That's a fact.  Everything about it, every word, every image, that a kid in that crowd can associate with a shooting in a school, has come by way of MSM.  Let's get that straight.

Unlike drug deaths.

Once again: WHERE is the "independent" thought?

There is very little. They are essentially reading a script.

chaos

• Getbig V
  • Ron "There is no freedom of speech here" Avidan
It's far from nonsense. It draws attention to the false argument Las Vegas was trying to make
I guess that's your opinion, whatever that's worth.
Liar!!!!Filt!!!!

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
I guess that's your opinion, whatever that's worth.

I'd say the exchange rate between my opinion and yours is about 2 cents to 2 cents

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
There is very little. They are essentially reading a script.

Yeah.  I don't think anyone would deny the kids want a better world, as a general rule.  Of course.  They're the ones who must live in it, if for no other reason.  And anyone, kid or not, who's found a heart wants it, for sure, because that's the way to go.  (The fact that giving up guns leads in the opposite way, is another story.)

But any idea these kids have "just seen friends shot" no less than "right in front of them" and that their "traumatic experience" has led them to protest (something or other) is some of the silliest silliness on record.  Really, really incredible.  Kids are natural drama queens and kings, while also being easily outsmarted and led.  Those are the truths.

A much greater question, then, is which creeps decided to lead them against the kids' true interest.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Yeah.  I don't think anyone would deny the kids want a better world, as a general rule.  Of course.  They're the ones who must live in it, if for no other reason.  And anyone, kid or not, who's found a heart wants it, for sure, because that's the way to go.  (The fact that giving up guns leads in the opposite way, is another story.)

But any idea these kids have "just seen friends shot" no less than "right in front of them" and that their "traumatic experience" has led them to protest (something or other) is some of the silliest silliness on record.  Really, really incredible.  Kids are natural drama queens and kings, while also being easily outsmarted and led.  Those are the truths.

A much greater question, then, is which creeps decided to lead them against the kids' true interest.

Objection, leading or loaded question inferring something that hasn't been established yet

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
How'd you describe that impact, Prime?

Them's some Famous Last Words, right ther'!

;D

As far as "movement" as a way to ascertain, I guess, something or other: Where the hell are we going?

The hippie movement was a direct effect on the laws that were created to prevent drug use that still exist today. The hippie movement also affected the Civil Rights Movement, which eventually resulted in several laws giving African Americans and women the same rights and white men, including the equal rights to vote and to an education and work. Women are no longer expected to be housewives and it is accepted if a woman wants to have a job.

Distinct appearance and clothing was also one of the immediate legacies of hippies. Since that time, a wide range of personal appearance options and clothing styles, including nudity, have become more widely acceptable, all of which was uncommon before the hippie era.

After the hippie movement, African Americans, working women, homosexuals, nudity and non-traditional apparel all became generally more accepted. Without the hippie movement, the United States would not be as free and adoptive as it is today. The 1960s was a highly influential time and the hippies were highly influential people. Bob Dylan, a musical sensation and activist of the hippie movement said, “People today are still living off the table scraps of the sixties. They are still being passed around – the music and the ideas.”

Where are we going? Some would say, 'to hell in a hand-basket'.  I say real change mostly happens very slowly. Since the pendulum swings both ways, it can sometimes be very hard to see any permanent changes, but they are there never-the-less. Change can be for the better and it can be for the worst. Whether it's one or the other, is a matter of perspective.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)

The activists who are funding them and providing “logistical” support.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Is it possible they could think before acting, then?  Or is that too much to ask.

WTF- how do you know they didn't "think" before "acting"?

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
Virtually no one in that crowd, percentage-wise, has had any personal history involving anyone being shot in a school.  That's a fact.  Everything about it, every word, every image, that a kid in that crowd can associate with a shooting in a school, has come by way of MSM.  Let's get that straight.

Unlike drug deaths.

Once again: WHERE is the "independent" thought?

cool - can you provide the source for your "fact"

Also, why does that matter?

Since when is it a requirement that you need a personal history of being shot in a school to have an opinion on gun violence, access to guns, etc..

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Virtually no one in that crowd, percentage-wise, has had any personal history involving anyone being shot in a school.  That's a fact. 

Since when is it a requirement that you need a personal history of being shot in a school to have an opinion on gun violence, access to guns, etc..

"Virtually no one" and "percentage wise" are incompatible statements; one disproves the other. Thus, taken in combination, there is no fact to prove.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
"Virtually no one" and "percentage wise" are incompatible statements; one disproves the other. Thus, taken in combination, there is no fact to prove.

I would say if he said Literally no one.... you would be right and I see where you are coming from, but virtually no one and percentage wise aren't incompatible

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
I would say if he said Literally no one.... you would be right and I see where you are coming from, but virtually no one and percentage wise aren't incompatible

You're right. Thanks, I just learned something new...the definition of virtually verses that of literally. I'll choose the word virtually because I don't like to speak in terms of absolutes or literals, preferring instead to allow for variables no matter how insignificant. You can see this in many of my posts on Getbig. I've been accused of being non-committal by a few folks here. Perhaps I am.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
@ Ag and Straw: How many do you claim, again, for the number?  Better part of a million, was it?  Just a quarter-million?  Half-million, something?  Don't tell me it was a spontanteous "mass-revelation" complete with every bit the funding that it lacks in logic, and don't tell me anything but that the fewest of them have lost friends or have seen friends injured by madmen with guns.  That'd be called bullshit.

Once again, please get real.  The fantasyland you live in gets turned off with the TV, but it appears you're quite slow on the draw to realize it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Btw, Straw.

You're showing your hand, Big Chief.  Is your TV off by any chance?  :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Yes, Prime and Ag: Not to diminish the experience of those who did lose someone in a shooting.  I understand it'd suck.  But let's not selfishly capitalize on it, either, is the loud and clear message to those behind the push to take guns.  That makes it much worse, and twice so with the false promises.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
WTF- how do you know they didn't "think" before "acting"?

Um, must be by the way they acted.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Prime, do you mean the housing part of that which was (i think) 1968?  Civil Rights Act itself, almost positive was 1964.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
You're right. Thanks, I just learned something new...the definition of virtually verses that of literally. I'll choose the word virtually because I don't like to speak in terms of absolutes or literals, preferring instead to allow for variables no matter how insignificant. You can see this in many of my posts on Getbig. I've been accused of being non-committal by a few folks here. Perhaps I am.
cool

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
@ Ag and Straw: How many do you claim, again, for the number?  Better part of a million, was it?  Just a quarter-million?  Half-million, something?  Don't tell me it was a spontanteous "mass-revelation" complete with every bit the funding that it lacks in logic, and don't tell me anything but that the fewest of them have lost friends or have seen friends injured by madmen with guns.  That'd be called bullshit.

Once again, please get real.  The fantasyland you live in gets turned off with the TV, but it appears you're quite slow on the draw to realize it.

Don't try and zero me in on numbers. it's irrelevant to the message and the movement. 

Irongrip400

• Getbig V
  • Pan Germanism, Pax Britannica
I'd expect it to not be mostly teens, as parents would need to bring them and I'm sure there's a bunch of college kids and old liberals there as well to try and do away with guns. 10% does seem a bit low though to be honest. Either way, there are a lot of groups who don't like guns or gun ownership and I'm sure they're probably trying to ride the wave with the students.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Would anyone admit this independent thoughtfest (of an anti-gun rally) has revealed the true power of MSM?  If the feelings among these kids, as individuals, are so genuinely intense for urgent action - then it becomes really interesting to note that they've been affected by it only as far as their TV sound goes.

How does that fit in with their experience (for the one example) of being surrounded by opioid abuse, spreading like a fast wildfire in front of their eyes?  How did MSM pull such a trick, to take their attention off what's right in front of them - a problem that by all means should arouse a sense of urgency in their lives - and put it somewhere else, which of all the darnedest things, just happens to be guns?

Who's doing the thinking at that point?  The authenticity of the entire thing is now in doubt.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
So whose fight is this, exactly?

???

To those who claim to support it: What do you have to say for yourselves?  How did you decide to fight this fight, if (somehow) it wasn't in the same way as these kids?

Fill in the missing pieces, please, so we can move forward on the same page.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Ok, Dudes.  Consider yourself called, then.  Thank you for your time.   :D

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
But you must see the insanity in all this.  The notion of saying, confidently (as done on another thread), "wouldn't it be swell if potential killers didn't have access to military-style weapons?" goes forward relying upon some idea that a person can trust who turned in which weapons, to include practicing criminals.

Well, what happens if you're then faced against a criminal with one?

The only response can be "oh, that stuff doesn't happen. please!"

Lmao, this stuff is nuts.  Why'd you raise it in the first place, if it doesn't happen.

We simply cannot escape the fact this is about people.  Not guns.  If we took the tiniest fraction of this concern, and applied it to our people, we'd be light-years ahead of the game.  We'd be too busy making the score to waste time gabbling over a bullshit fight which isn't even ours to begin with.  The Lying Media Machine could be put out of business, with the culprits held to answer.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Is my computer malfunctioning. I'm only seeing one side of a conversation. Did someone block me?