Author Topic: Study says teenagers made up just 10 percent of March for Our Lives crowd  (Read 12935 times)

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Did these kids block roads or do anything like that

And I do thank them.

All they did was make some speeches and talk about their murdered friends

How's that supposed to help, though?  How's it any more meaningful than what BLM's done?

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
More confirmation that those kids are being manipulated.

Despite media narrative, study says teenagers made up just 10 percent of March for Our Lives crowd
Alex Pappas By Alex Pappas   | Fox News

Since when did support become manipulation? I support these youths, even though I've never spoken to any one of them. Any parent or would be parent should have an interest in gun violence, particularly as it pertains to school age youth....their children or could be their children someday.

I call FAKE NEWS!

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
OK, so I read that statement.  Lots of "why let people do this?" and "why let people do that?" with little to no substance.

That's not convincing.  It reminds me of a pretzel, which looks so cool, but the design doesn't make sense.

They refer to "irreparable damage to the hearts and minds of the American people" without showing how their suggested "repair" is going to work.  But they can't do that, you see, because it's impossible.

Here's an idea:

Have these kids asked themselves why so many individuals have arrived at a state of mind in which they see clear to losing their shit?  Why a broken America is going to make broken people?  No, because all these kids have ever known is a broken America.  They don't know anything else.  

God bless them, but they don't know shit from shinola.  They have been pawned, and in the truest sense.

Best advice to them, as indivduals, is to think for themselves -- and to prove it to themselves before ever trying to act out.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
So it was more about the music and less about the speakers? Or they didn’t know who the speakers would be?

Exactly.  Just another garden variety partisan political rally. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
And, yes, noise.  Meaningless, mindless, NOISE.  The telltale of a false movement in the age of electronic information and "social media" (oh brother).

Yep.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Since when did support become manipulation? I support these youths, even though I've never spoken to any one of them. Any parent or would be parent should have an interest in gun violence, particularly as it pertains to school age youth....their children or could be their children someday.

I call FAKE NEWS!

So you think 90 percent of the participants were actually teenagers, the teenagers were actually listed as speakers, entertainers were not, etc.? 

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
OK, so I read that statement.  Lots of "why let people do this?" and "why let people do that?" with little to no substance.

That's not convincing.  It reminds me of a pretzel, which looks so cool, but the design doesn't make sense.

They refer to "irreparable damage to the hearts and minds of the American people" without showing how their suggested "repair" is going to work.  But they can't do that, you see, because it's impossible.

Here's an idea:

Have these kids asked themselves why so many individuals have arrived at a state of mind in which they see clear to losing their shit?  Why a broken America is going to make broken people?  No, because all these kids have ever known is a broken America.  They don't know anything else.  

God bless them, but they don't know shit from shinola.  They have been pawned, and in the truest sense.

Best advice to them, as indivduals, is to think for themselves -- and to prove it to themselves before ever trying to act out.

When I was their age, hippies and other anti-war protesters were less than clear about their goals too. This is often a given with youth. That being said, both individually and collectively, they had a huge and lasting impact on the future.

These young adults seek change and probably believe any change is good because it is movement as opposed to stagnation. Just as banning certain weapons won't stop all violence such as some of them have witnessed first hand, there is no one solution that can fix a broken America or its broken people. We can accept things as they are  if we chose or we can make an effort for change. Realistically, change will happen but it isn't likely to happen quickly.

Straw Man

• Getbig V
  • one dwells in nirvana
And I do thank them.

How's that supposed to help, though?  How's it any more meaningful than what BLM's done?

Great point

Their friends were gunned down in their school almost 6 weeks ago and these kids haven't yet solved the problem of school shootings

What a bunch of slackers

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Great point

Their friends were gunned down in their school almost 6 weeks ago and these kids haven't yet solved the problem of school shootings

What a bunch of slackers

Is it possible they could think before acting, then?  Or is that too much to ask.

Primemuscle

• Getbig V
Great point

What a bunch of slackers

;D

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
Is it possible they could think before acting, then?  Or is that too much to ask.

You mean deep thinking like this?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
When I was their age, hippies and other anti-war protesters were less than clear about their goals too. This is often a given with youth. That being said, both individually and collectively, they had a huge and lasting impact on the future.

How'd you describe that impact, Prime?

These young adults seek change and probably believe any change is good because it is movement as opposed to stagnation. Just as banning certain weapons won't stop all violence such as some of them have witnessed first hand, there is no one solution that can fix a broken America or its broken people. We can accept things as they are  if we chose or we can make an effort for change. Realistically, change will happen but it isn't likely to happen quickly.

Them's some Famous Last Words, right ther'!

;D

As far as "movement" as a way to ascertain, I guess, something or other: Where the hell are we going?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
But you understand that such eager willingness to create loud noise, march around waving stuff, chant in unison whatever the hell everyone around you chants, while generally acting angry and agitated and upset -- demands thought, first.  If you're going to do it, then at least think about it before you step outside.  Otherwise, guaranteed, you're someone's pawn.

The thing about a "protest" or "demonstration" OF the sort MSM loves to broadcast far and wide, is that it's a like a pyramid in structure.  The base, the part which appears to support it, is made up by pawns, always.  Right there, we've got a problem.

The question, then, is about the point.  How fitting.  What the hell's the point and who is behind it?

But way to go for using kids.  All heart, man.  Just beautiful.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
But you understand that such eager willingness to create loud noise, march around waving stuff, chant in unison whatever the hell everyone around you chants, and generally act angry and agitated and upset -- demands thought, first.  If you're going to do it, then at least think about it before you step outside.  Otherwise, guaranteed, you're someone's pawn.

The thing about a "protest" or "demonstration" OF the sort MSM loves to broadcast far and wide, is that it's a like a pyramid in structure.  The base, the part which appears to support it, is made up by pawns, always.  Right there, we've got a problem.

The question, then, is about the point.  How fitting.  What the hell's the point and who is behind it?

But way to go for using kids.  All heart, man.  Just beautiful.

Really, all we have is you, and some like thinkers claiming they haven't given it thought.... based solely on the fact they disagree with your cherished idea of what is the right answer.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Really, all we have is you, and some like thinkers claiming they haven't given it thought.... based solely on the fact they disagree with your cherished idea of what is the right answer.

Okay.  They're angry.  Is that right?

If not: What are they saying?  After all this, I'm looking to find a spare scorecard.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
And no answer to violence has been found, at last check.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Okay.  They're angry.  Is that right?

If not: What are they saying?  After all this, I'm looking to find a spare scorecard.

I think they are frustrated. I think a lot of americans are

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
And no answer to violence has been found, at last check.

But if it's any consolation, there may be a trillion things more likely to affect a person at any moment.  If it's true that independent thought was applied by the kids, then it raises a question why they're not in pursuit of one of those problems, instead.  A huge crowd of them would be great.  

Wouldn't it be nice for them to be able to explain themselves, at least?

???

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
But if it's any consolation, there may be a trillion things more likely to affect a person at any moment.  If it's true that independent thought was applied by the kids, then it raises a question why they're not in pursuit of one of those problems, instead.  A huge crowd of them would be great.  

Wouldn't it be nice for them to be able to explain themselves, at least?

???

I think they put out a written list of proposals

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
I think they are frustrated. I think a lot of americans are

Due to concern for others, would you say?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
I think they put out a written list of proposals

Yes, I read it.

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Here's one for you.  Pharmaceutical dope, and how the drug makers and distributors went into overdrive producing and shipping the stuff out by the ton, only to cause the exact outcome that should be expected.  Citizens ruining their lives, ending their lives, spending their last months in miserable condition, creating a massive problem directly impacting every kid, every day, and in every school.

Why shouldn't, and why wouldn't, "independent" thought, concerned thought along these lines - if it was ever used as claimed, lead the kids to a problem so much closer to home, and right in their faces, as that?  If the idea is to prevent tragedy, and I don't doubt for one moment these kids in their hearts would like to prevent tragedy, then here's a problem they should've arrived at long before guns - IF independent thought was used.  Something that actually surrounds and involves them every single day.  So why guns?  Unlike potential shooters, who remain unknown, the distributors of drugs are clearly named and have business cards.  They can be dealt with, now, if tragedy is to be stopped.  No guesswork involved as to who the culprit will be in the next opiate death, probably happening in the next few moments.

Don't talk about independent thought when it comes to these kids.  The fact they chose a remote fight in which they can't even hold a proper stand, tells you that very little thought was given at all.  It also tells you how subject they are to manipulation.

Get real.

Agnostic007

• Getbig V
Here's one for you.  Pharmaceutical dope, and how the drug makers and distributors went into overdrive producing and shipping the stuff out by the ton, only to cause the exact outcome that should be expected.  Citizens ruining their lives, ending their lives, spending their last months in miserable condition, creating a massive problem directly impacting every kid, every day, and in every school.

Why shouldn't, and why wouldn't, "independent" thought, concerned thought along these lines - if it was ever used as claimed, lead the kids to a problem so much closer to home, and right in their faces, as that?  If the idea is to prevent tragedy, and I don't doubt for one moment these kids in their hearts would like to prevent tragedy, then here's a problem they should've arrived at long before guns - IF independent thought was used.  Something that actually surrounds and involves them every single day.  So why guns?  Unlike potential shooters, who remain unknown, the distributors of drugs are clearly named and have business cards.  They can be dealt with, now, if tragedy is to be stopped.  No guesswork involved as to who the culprit will be in the next opiate death, probably happening in the next few moments.

Don't talk about independent thought when it comes to these kids.  The fact they chose a remote fight in which they can't even hold a proper stand, tells you that very little thought was given at all.  It also tells you how subject they are to manipulation.

Get real.

If I read that right... you are suspicious of them or don't give them credibility  because they didn't march on pharmaceutical companies before marching on stricter gun laws after another mass shooting in a school?Is that an accurate assessment?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
If I read that right... you are suspicious of them or don't give them credibility  because they didn't march on pharmaceutical companies before marching on stricter gun laws after another mass shooting in a school?Is that an accurate assessment?

More than that, it hasn't even occurred to them to do it, from what it appears.  Once again: Where's the alleged "independent thought"?

???

And btw: what are the chances MSM would be "busy" the day schoolkids decide to organize against Media's partner, Big Bad Pharma?  Higher, even, than the people their drugs kill.

In every direction, it's manipulation.  Now they've dragged kids into it.  How low will they go next?

Las Vegas

• Getbig V
  • ! Repent or Perish !
Virtually no one in that crowd, percentage-wise, has had any personal history involving anyone being shot in a school.  That's a fact.  Everything about it, every word, every image, that a kid in that crowd can associate with a shooting in a school, has come by way of MSM.  Let's get that straight.

Unlike drug deaths.

Once again: WHERE is the "independent" thought?