Author Topic: College Football Fans  (Read 29029 times)

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
Re: College Football Fans
« Reply #50 on: November 03, 2006, 11:40:23 AM »
From Fox Sports (top ten Heisman candidates):

Heisman Watch:  Week 9

. . .

8. QB Colt Brennan, Hawaii

Brennan's staggering numbers are beginning to resonate off the Islands and on to the mainland, where voters reside. His production has been staggering, bringing David Klingler's single-season record of 54 touchdown passes within reach with five games remaining. Oh, and just in case voters believe Brennan is merely a chucker or a stat compiler, he's also on pace to shatter Shaun King's single-season mark for passing efficiency.
Last Week: 31-of-38 for 333 yards and 5 TDs – 5 carries for 63 yards (Idaho)
This Week: at Utah State
2006 Season: 230-of-311 for 2,934 yards, 33 TDs and 5 INTs – 45 carries for 194 yards and 2 TDs
Barometer: Rising

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5746512

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
  • From the outside looking in you cant understand it
« Reply #51 on: November 03, 2006, 08:45:45 PM »
From Fox Sports (top ten Heisman candidates):

Heisman Watch:  Week 9

. . .

8. QB Colt Brennan, Hawaii

Brennan's staggering numbers are beginning to resonate off the Islands and on to the mainland, where voters reside. His production has been staggering, bringing David Klingler's single-season record of 54 touchdown passes within reach with five games remaining. Oh, and just in case voters believe Brennan is merely a chucker or a stat compiler, he's also on pace to shatter Shaun King's single-season mark for passing efficiency.
Last Week: 31-of-38 for 333 yards and 5 TDs – 5 carries for 63 yards (Idaho)
This Week: at Utah State
2006 Season: 230-of-311 for 2,934 yards, 33 TDs and 5 INTs – 45 carries for 194 yards and 2 TDs
Barometer: Rising

http://msn.foxsports.com/cfb/story/5746512

BUT HE PLAYS IN THE WAC!!!!!!!!

;D
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2006, 10:10:30 PM »
BUT HE PLAYS IN THE WAC!!!!!!!!

;D

;D  I know I know.  Hey ESPN is going to televise the UH/Oregon State game.  Try and watch. 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #53 on: November 04, 2006, 11:25:26 AM »
Why? Does he have a cute little tushy? That's the only reason to watch football as far as I'm concerned.  :)

Jag, tell us something we don't already know. ;)
The House that Ruth built

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #54 on: November 04, 2006, 02:00:20 PM »
;D  I know I know.  Hey ESPN is going to televise the UH/Oregon State game.  Try and watch. 

i wish i could, but we don't get espn up here. does the WAC have any sort of tv contract down there? do you get any games on fox sports net?
Go Big Red!!!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #55 on: November 04, 2006, 05:40:38 PM »
Univ. of Hawaii always has a very pass oriented attack. Plug any decent decent passer into that system and he will have 400+ yard passing games. Steve Young stunk in the USFL and with Tampa Bay. All of the sudden he was in Bill Walsh's system as a 49er and he doesn't miss a beat taking over for Joe Montana.

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #56 on: November 04, 2006, 06:45:59 PM »
i wish i could, but we don't get espn up here. does the WAC have any sort of tv contract down there? do you get any games on fox sports net?

No ESPN?  Dude.  How do you survive?  The WAC had a TV contract with ESPN.  That contract went to the Mountain West (the old WAC defectors). 

Another ho hum day at the office for Colt today:  18-29, 413 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT.  In three quarters. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: November 04, 2006, 06:46:57 PM »
Univ. of Hawaii always has a very pass oriented attack. Plug any decent decent passer into that system and he will have 400+ yard passing games. Steve Young stunk in the USFL and with Tampa Bay. All of the sudden he was in Bill Walsh's system as a 49er and he doesn't miss a beat taking over for Joe Montana.

No they haven't.  They ran the option before June became head coach.  Have you seen Colt play? 

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: November 04, 2006, 06:56:03 PM »
No they haven't.  They ran the option before June became head coach.  Have you seen Colt play? 

My 17 year old tells me he is the real deal. He is only 6'3", 190 pounds. He has to fill out a bit.

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: November 04, 2006, 07:03:26 PM »
No they haven't.  They ran the option before June became head coach. 

They didn't run the west coast offense when Fred von Appen was head coach?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: November 04, 2006, 07:04:38 PM »
My 17 year old tells me he is the real deal. He is only 6'3", 190 pounds. He has to fill out a bit.

He's around 200 pounds.  He needs to add another 15 pounds.  I think he'll play on Sundays.  Definitely the real deal.  Very accurate.  Mobile.  Strong arm.  He may throw one bad pass a game.  Maybe.  Almost every ball is on the money and hits the receiver in stride.  Our boys dropped about 4 or 5 balls today, including 1 potential TD pass.  He was completing 74 percent of his passes coming into today's game.  If not for the drops, he'd be around 80 percent.  And if he hadn't sat out the 4th quarter of about 3 games now, he'd have close to 50 TDs already.  He has 39 TDS and 6 INTs on the season.  We still have 4 games left.  Some records will be broken.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: November 04, 2006, 07:08:12 PM »
They didn't run the west coast offense when Fred von Appen was head coach?

lol!   ;D  They didn't run any offense when that terd ran our team into the ground.  We were 0-12 his last year.  Brutal.  Seemed like every game would open with the opposing team running the kickoff back for a TD.   :'(  June took the same players and went 9-3 the following year, the largest turn around in DI-A history (at least at the time).

But to answer your question, I think we did run some version of the West Coast offense under Fred Von Crappen.   

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #62 on: November 04, 2006, 07:12:52 PM »
He's around 200 pounds.  He needs to add another 15 pounds.  I think he'll play on Sundays.  Definitely the real deal.  Very accurate.  Mobile.  Strong arm.  He may throw one bad pass a game.  Maybe.  Almost every ball is on the money and hits the receiver in stride.  Our boys dropped about 4 or 5 balls today, including 1 potential TD pass.  He was completing 74 percent of his passes coming into today's game.  If not for the drops, he'd be around 80 percent.  And if he hadn't sat out the 4th quarter of about 3 games now, he'd have close to 50 TDs already.  He has 39 TDS and 6 INTs on the season.  We still have 4 games left.  Some records will be broken. 

39 TDS and only being picked off 6 times. I am watching Wake Forest - BC right now. Oh, as far as Colt being a legit NFL prospect at QB and not having to be moved to another position like DB or WR we better consult the legendary football talent evaluator- PUMPSTER!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #63 on: November 04, 2006, 07:14:25 PM »
lol!   ;D  They didn't run any offense when that terd ran our team into the ground.  We were 0-12 his last year.  Brutal.  Seemed like every game would open with the opposing team running the kickoff back for a TD.   :'(  June took the same players and went 9-3 the following year, the largest turn around in DI-A history (at least at the time).

But to answer your question, I think we did run some version of the West Coast offense under Fred Von Crappen.   

I always wondered why June Jones didn't get any other head coaching jobs in the NFL or at least an offensive coordinators position?

canadian_husker

• Getbig III
« Reply #64 on: November 04, 2006, 07:17:19 PM »

we already went over this at the top of the thread. beach bum is slowly converting us into Colt believers.
Go Big Red!!!

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: November 04, 2006, 07:20:11 PM »
I always wondered why June Jones didn't get any other head coaching jobs in the NFL or at least an offensive coordinators position?

He turned down the head coaching job with the Chargers to coach UH.  We're lucky to have him.  I always knew when he got the horses he would put an awesome product on the field.  He's a terrific coach.  

Jerry Glanville is our DC.   ;D  His second year.  It took him a year and an infusion talent, but we no longer have the worst defense in all of college football.  Several NFL scouts have called UH the hardest hitting team on the west coast.  

We just accepted a bid to play in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl on Christmas eve.  

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: November 04, 2006, 07:21:09 PM »
we already went over this at the top of the thread. beach bum is slowly converting us into Colt believers.

;D

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: November 04, 2006, 07:33:55 PM »
He turned down the head coaching job with the Chargers to coach UH.  We're lucky to have him.  I always knew when he got the horses he would put an awesome product on the field.  He's a terrific coach. 

Jerry Glanville is our DC.   ;D  His second year.  It took him a year and an infusion talent, but we no longer have the worst defense in all of college football.  Several NFL scouts have called UH the hardest hitting team on the west coast. 

We just accepted a bid to play in the Sheraton Hawaii Bowl on Christmas eve. 

Wasn't June Jones Glanville's offensive coordinator in Atlanta? Then Jones became head coach IIRC?

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: November 04, 2006, 07:36:28 PM »
Wasn't June Jones Glanville's offensive coordinator in Atlanta? Then Jones became head coach IIRC?

Something like that.  Then June went to SD as the offensive coordinator. 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: November 05, 2006, 09:43:57 AM »
Another one bites the dust.   :)

Another KO: By Glanville's accounting, UH knocked a seventh running back out of a game this season when USU's Marcus Cross left with an injury in the first half.

The Aggies' leading rusher carried seven times for 9 yards. He was replaced by Antraun McDaniel, who went for 43 yards on 12 carries.

"He got hit and we had to pull him," USU coach Brent Guy said of Cross, who had rushed for at least 60 yards in the past five games. "He got hit in the head."

Outside linebacker Brad Kalilimoku landed the knockout hit on Cross, sticking him for a 2-yard loss on an option play midway through the second quarter.

"(No.) 4 is a great back, and he didn't last long," Glanville said. "It's an accumulation. It ain't one single hit."

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: November 05, 2006, 04:31:08 PM »
Colt is the National Player of the Week on offense:

New Haven, Conn. – Hawai'i junior quarterback Colt Brennan has been named the National Offensive Player of the Week by the Walter Camp Football Foundation following his performance against Utah State on Saturday.   

Brennan completed 18-of-29 passes for 413 yards and six touchdowns as Hawai'i defeated Utah State, 63-10.  Brennan threw scoring tosses of 29, 13, 60, 35, 12 and 18 yards increasing his season total to 39, a school record.  Brennan has thrown for five or more touchdowns in six games this season. It was the seventh straight victory for the Warriors, now 7-2 overall, 5-1 in the WAC.

http://www.wacsports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=10100&ATCLID=676333

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: November 05, 2006, 04:37:45 PM »
Colt is the National Player of the Week on offense:

New Haven, Conn. – Hawai'i junior quarterback Colt Brennan has been named the National Offensive Player of the Week by the Walter Camp Football Foundation following his performance against Utah State on Saturday.   

I go to the Walter Camp dinner every year. Met a lot of guys who had great careers in the NFL.

Colossus_500

• Getbig IV
  • Psalm 139
« Reply #72 on: November 06, 2006, 08:40:05 AM »
No ESPN?  Dude.  How do you survive?  The WAC had a TV contract with ESPN.  That contract went to the Mountain West (the old WAC defectors). 

Another ho hum day at the office for Colt today:  18-29, 413 yards, 6 TDs, 1 INT.  In three quarters. 
:o

The put a serious beatdown on Utah State this past weekend!   :o

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: November 12, 2006, 09:54:06 AM »
"Colt Brennan completed 27 of 40 passes for 406 yards and four touchdowns. He also rushed for 60 yards and another score. For the sixth time this season, he did not play in the fourth quarter. Instead, he spent the final minutes signing autographs and posing for cell-phone pictures.

And picture this: Brennan now has 43 touchdown passes in 10 games; last year, the Warriors scored 48 touchdowns in 12 games. Brennan is within reach of David Klingler's NCAA single-season record of 54 TD passes, set in 1990."

http://www.honoluluadvertiser.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061112/SPORTS0201/611120378/1032

I actually thought he was a little off (by his standards).  Missed a couple WRs.  Had about 3 dropped passes (including 1 TD pass).  The INT wasn't his fault.  Bess ran the wrong route and then slipped. 

If you want to see an example of what our D has been doing, click on the link and look at 7 guys tackling one guy.  It's beautiful! 

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: November 19, 2006, 12:26:51 AM »
Well, he played almost an entire game for the first time in weeks.  Another stellar performance.  We dropped about 3 or 4 passes, including a TD pass.  He should have had 6 TD passes.

More big hits by our D.  I love this team.   

Hawaii 54, San Jose State 17 
Nov. 19, 2006

HONOLULU (AP) -Colt Brennan passed for 402 yards and five touchdowns as Hawaii rolled to its eighth straight victory by beating San Jose State 54-17 on Saturday night.

Nate Ilaoa had 100 yards rushing and 66 yards receiving for the Warriors (9-2, 7-1 Western Athletic Conference) who kept alive their hopes for a WAC title. Hawaii needs No. 13 Boise State to lose next week to Nevada for a share of the conference championship.

Hawaii racked up 568 yards of offense while holding San Jose State to 192.

The Spartans (6-4, 3-3) kept it competitive until the Brennan broke the game open in the second half with four straight touchdown passes.

Brennan, who also had a rushing touchdown, completed 28-of-39 passes. He now has 48 TD passes this season and is six shy of tying the NCAA season mark of 54 held by Houston's David Klingler in 1990.

Besides Hawaii's top-ranked offense, its defense also stepped up big.

Hawaii forced turnovers, recorded four sacks and held running back Yonus Davis to a season-low 29 yards on 14 carries. He entered the game averaging 101.3 yards a game and more than 7 yards a carry.