Author Topic: Shouldnt we have experts and pro`s contributing here ?  (Read 7004 times)

Rampage

• Getbig IV
Re: Shouldnt we have experts and pro`s contributing here ?
« Reply #50 on: October 30, 2006, 08:04:01 AM »
What an awesome picture this is........  ;D

;D

;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #51 on: October 30, 2006, 08:20:46 AM »
So everyone's advice is shit?

Get to work on those contacts kid. Priest's advice is in the ok category, when he's serious.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #52 on: October 30, 2006, 09:10:40 AM »
So everyone's advice is shit?

i didnt say that

YOU said that

Now Hows that pic above ? :)

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #53 on: October 30, 2006, 09:16:31 AM »
Having the last line in a discusssion does NOT make your argument better , remember that , herkekeke ;)

Now sit and post whole day you idiot

Later ;D

Sculpter

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #54 on: October 30, 2006, 09:20:24 AM »
So, LoveTheSport?,...your trying to tell us you would pay a pro 100's of dollars an hour to train you even if they didn't know what the names of exercises were for particular body parts?The example I gave was of a Ms O w/multiple title wins.I would expect a person that represents the pinnacle of their profession to be able to tell me what a very basic exercise is & which muscle said exercise is meant to develop.Training, imo, in the method you stated is a very hit & miss style of training.Seen teens doing exactly that type of training & always at a loss to explain why they don't see any results.I myself would put experience (person training for x amount of yrs.) over a persons credentials (certified personal trainers).I have yet to see a person training for let's say 20 yrs. tell a person to do squats on a medicine ball like some certified trainers have been known to do.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2006, 09:27:56 AM »
Having the last line in a discusssion does NOT make your argument better , remember that , herkekeke ;)

Now sit and post whole day you idiot

Later ;D
Make you feel good to trash people?  never understood dudes like you, must be an inferiority problem.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

texasRUSH

• Getbig IV
  • here comes the hotstepper!
« Reply #56 on: October 30, 2006, 09:29:51 AM »
alexx posts here! that's all we need!  ;D

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: October 30, 2006, 10:08:53 AM »
alexx posts here! that's all we need!
hahahahah Got PMs suggesting either JPM or Priest.

"Rampage" maintaining a sterling record of zero useful input.  ;D

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #58 on: October 30, 2006, 01:50:33 PM »
Actually a couple of the Pro's I've met, watched some other Pro's and top dog BB'ers train and have heard about second hand are not always the best code source for knowledge and training advice. Because most all of them didn't have to make any major adjustments or follow any special diet plan when they first started lifting...they added muscle faster and got stronger with the basic stuff. Compounding this with increased use of, let's say, muscle building boosters, their natural potentional was greatly increased.  When they did reach monster size they would approach a experienced bb'ing trainer (or trainer approach them) to set up programs for refining  their bodies and prescribing a better mix of those muscle boosters. Once they get that Pro card, their training & diet programs are mapped out by the trainer or other people  who may have a interest in the BB'er. As well as the timing of muscle boosting joy juice cycles. From their point of first picking up a weight, at a young age, to their getting a Pro card, the easy gaining future Pro BB'er did not usually obtain the knowledge or experience of average BB'ers who must/had to study, struggle and try every workout under the sun for years to gain any respectable muscle mass. I would suggest that a lot of the Pro's are limited in workout knowlege with anything beyond lifting a weight up and down. If most people think a  Pro's hold the secret to the BB'ing world, these people  would be wrong.

But offering  another point of view here, BB'ing is pretty simple in reality. It's just BB'ing, not  rocket science.

I would hold more value in the knowlwdge and logic on progressive training offered from  succesful and experienced veteran BB'ers than just about anyone else. These veteran BB'ers don't consider themselves experts by any means. Just hardcore in their work and attitude towards BB'ing. And with volumes of hands on training experience. Good Luck.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: October 30, 2006, 01:54:54 PM »
Actually a couple of the Pro's I've met, watched some other Pro's and top dog BB'ers train and have heard about second hand are not always the best code source for knowledge and training advice.
Well said. The best thing is a pool of shared experience.

Rampage

• Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: October 30, 2006, 03:37:51 PM »
lol , Oh man......why bother

WOOO

• Getbig V
  • Fuck the mods
« Reply #61 on: October 30, 2006, 04:52:14 PM »
i advise you not to listen to my advice

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: October 30, 2006, 05:54:32 PM »
So, LoveTheSport?,...your trying to tell us you would pay a pro 100's of dollars an hour to train you even if they didn't know what the names of exercises were for particular body parts?The example I gave was of a Ms O w/multiple title wins.I would expect a person that represents the pinnacle of their profession to be able to tell me what a very basic exercise is & which muscle said exercise is meant to develop.Training, imo, in the method you stated is a very hit & miss style of training.Seen teens doing exactly that type of training & always at a loss to explain why they don't see any results.I myself would put experience (person training for x amount of yrs.) over a persons credentials (certified personal trainers).I have yet to see a person training for let's say 20 yrs. tell a person to do squats on a medicine ball like some certified trainers have been known to do.

I'm just saying you don't have to know what an exercise is called (squats, bench press, etc) to know what can work a targetted area (e.g. lower chest). Some exercises don't even have names. You can walk into a gym without any knowledge of what an exercise is called but still be able to make gains by following what you know works the muscle. Having names makes it less barbaric when saying the exercise, but it's not necessary. Strange that even the trainer didn't know the name of it, but that's my point. Trainers don't really need much experience, as they have the knowledge that BBers need experience to get.

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2006, 06:43:56 AM »
I'm just saying you don't have to know what an exercise is called (squats, bench press, etc) to know what can work a targetted area (e.g. lower chest). Some exercises don't even have names. You can walk into a gym without any knowledge of what an exercise is called but still be able to make gains by following what you know works the muscle. Having names makes it less barbaric when saying the exercise, but it's not necessary. Strange that even the trainer didn't know the name of it, but that's my point. Trainers don't really need much experience, as they have the knowledge that BBers need experience to get.
Well you can't work LOWER CHEST, you can't isolate a part of the chest, the chest is one big mo fo beefy muscle, when you work chest you don't work lower or upper chest , you simply work CHEST!  Anyone that does DECLINE bench by the way, that mainly hits your triceps, very little chest, stick to flat bench, incline bench, bar or DB, I prefer DB's on both myself.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2006, 06:45:56 AM »
Well you can't work LOWER CHEST, you can't isolate a part of the chest, the chest is one big mo fo beefy muscle, when you work chest you don't work lower or upper chest.that does DECLINE bench by the way, that mainly hits your triceps
Some buy into this wacky theory about being unable to hit different parts of a muscle when in fact it's quite obvious to most that it's easily done regardless of physiology. Decline presses & flys are excellent for lower chest.

JonBoy

• Getbig I
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2006, 08:40:10 AM »
Some buy into this wacky theory about being unable to hit different parts of a muscle when in fact it's quite obvious to most that it's easily done regardless of physiology. Decline presses & flys are excellent for lower chest.

I agree with this- you can hit the lower & upper chest with different movements- if you are working on a sit up chest machine (not sure what the term is), the area of your chest that you line the handles up with will be hit. I.e. if you sit higher and line the lower chest with the bar you'll hit the lower area more and the same with the upper chest/sit lower. This is something my personal trainer has taught me, and he definitely is a pro.

Overload

• Getbig V
  • KO Artist
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2006, 08:54:22 AM »

how many guys have you seen with the upper portion of chest overpowering the rest?

None...well, maybe franco.

8)

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2006, 08:55:47 AM »
how many guys have you seen with the upper portion of chest overpowering the rest?

None...well, maybe franco.
That's because the muscle there generally doesn't get that big, not because of the exercises.

JPM

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2006, 01:29:35 PM »
The upper pec section is the pectoral minor. The other,larger pec section is the pectoral major. That complete total pec area is called, in general terms, the chest. Franco had the full potentional of upper pec development. Very rare.  Most guy's don't have the angle, insert, genetic's to achieve the full development as Franco was blessed with. The lower pec's will dominate in size over the upper pec's by size and strength.

Of course the whole pec muscle structure (minor/major) will be call upon when doing the BP and any other pushing out and away from the body movement. They are designed to work with the anterior delts and triceps mainly. There can never be a complete isolation of one section of the pec's over another. That also goes with every other muscle group in the body. But you can focus more stress on one area and less on another with correct exercise selection. Example: Incline,(even front presses) upper. Declines & dips, lower. The flat BB bench is not the best pec exercise for most people who want great pec's. For a few luckly one's like Franco, yes. Good Luck.