Author Topic: My HIT log  (Read 37245 times)

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
Re: My HIT log
« Reply #150 on: December 28, 2006, 12:35:59 PM »
No, I read that right... I was jsut asking u if u rested in between switching the weight on the leg presses. I guess thats been answered already with the above reply.

Ohhh yes. No rest inbetween adjustments.
~

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #151 on: December 28, 2006, 12:49:59 PM »
Nice! What do squats feel like when pre-exhausted with leg extensions? I havn't tried that yet because the squat rack is so far away from the leg extension machines.

Squats feel sore and painful and i dont know y i do it to myself lol.

I got 15 reps with 209 on leg raise, then rest/paused and got another 6, then rest/paused and got another 4.

I then got 8 reps with 231 (targets 12, il get it in week or 2, aslong as i get morer eps next week im getting better), rest/paused and got 2 more reps.... dropped weight down a bit and got 15 more reps.

242 on leg press, got 16 with right and 15 with left, rest/paused and got 6 more with the right leg and 7 more with the left. dropped weight down a bit and went again.

As i said b4....yummy.

Legs r toast still.

davie

It isn't the mountains ah

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #152 on: December 28, 2006, 01:05:18 PM »
Squats feel sore and painful and i dont know y i do it to myself lol.

I got 15 reps with 209 on leg raise, then rest/paused and got another 6, then rest/paused and got another 4.

I then got 8 reps with 231 (targets 12, il get it in week or 2, aslong as i get morer eps next week im getting better), rest/paused and got 2 more reps.... dropped weight down a bit and got 15 more reps.

242 on leg press, got 16 with right and 15 with left, rest/paused and got 6 more with the right leg and 7 more with the left. dropped weight down a bit and went again.

As i said b4....yummy.

Legs r toast still.

davie

LOL I think the same thing. Why do I do this? Who knows, we just do lol.

Good luck reaching 12 reps wth 231!
~

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #153 on: December 28, 2006, 02:27:04 PM »
LOL I think the same thing. Why do I do this? Who knows, we just do lol.

Good luck reaching 12 reps wth 231!

Thanks bro, i got 12 reps last week with 220, so 231 will come in coupl weeks i hope!!

It is hard tho after doing heavy leg extensions!!

Got chest and arms tommorow, im still trying to decide on chest exercises im gonna stick with, been doing incline Db and decline DB the last couple weeks.

davie

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #154 on: January 02, 2007, 08:40:32 AM »
HEY!

8)

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2007, 07:23:56 AM »
davie and figgs are prolly twins, separated at birth.

Lemme know when you guys meet up IRL for a workout.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2007, 07:27:53 AM »
davie and figgs are prolly twins, separated at birth.

Lemme know when you guys meet up IRL for a workout.

-Hedge

"IRL" sorry to sound stupid, but i dont get it?

davie

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2007, 09:22:00 AM »
"IRL" sorry to sound stupid, but i dont get it?

davie

in real life
nasser=piece of shit

Tapeworm

• Getbig V
  • Hold Fast
« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2007, 10:12:03 AM »
Figgs got the flu?  What's the deal here?

C'mon boy, holiday's done!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #159 on: January 04, 2007, 01:51:56 AM »
Thanks for clearing that up natural al....

figgs i told u i was upping leg weights again for this week, and i did so in my leg session yesterday.

1. Leg raise (15 rep target) 14 1/2 reps with 220, failed the rest/paused and got 4 1/2 more then rest/paused and got 3 1/2 more.

2. Squat (12 rep target) 12 reps with 231, probs could have got 13, but i was too happy that i beat last weeks rep total by 4 reps lol. Then rest/paused and got 3 more. Dropped weight down and got 15 reps, rest/paused and got another 6.

3. Unilateral leg press (15 rep target) 10 reps with Right leg with 286, then rest/paused and got another 5. Dropped weight down a bit and got another 21.
Left leg 8 reps with 286, then rest/paused and got 4 more. Dropped weight down a bit and got another 21.

All in all very good session, im up to the heaviest weight my gym has on leg raise (not as heavy as alot of u can lift, but im getting there), so il have to bump rep target up to 20 reps.

Was pleased i beat last weeks rep total on squats by 4 reps, and that i reached my rep target so i can up the weight next week again.

Leg press was hard after raises and squats. But i worked until i couldnt reach lockout anymore.

davie

haider

• Getbig V
  • Team Batman Squats
« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2007, 09:16:16 PM »
where the hell are you?

If figgs doesnt return for anotehr fewa days, I say davie take over this bitch!!  8)
follow the arrows

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #161 on: January 08, 2007, 03:32:24 AM »
where the hell are you?

If figgs doesnt return for anotehr fewa days, I say davie take over this bitch!!  8)

I may just do that lol

davie

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #162 on: January 08, 2007, 08:57:08 AM »
i have been trying hit for a week now and i truley enjoy it even if it doesnt work that much(which hasent been a problem yet)and i think i will try it for the next 6 months just so i can give a completley honest opinion

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #163 on: January 09, 2007, 08:16:50 AM »
where the hell are you?

Agree, they're practically brothers anyway. 8)

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #164 on: January 09, 2007, 08:19:51 AM »
Agree, they're practically brothers anyway. 8)

-Hedge

Aw hedge, i am afraid to tell u that the brotherly relationship u think i have with figgs extends only to our mutual love of weight training.

davie

nodeal

• Getbig III
« Reply #165 on: January 12, 2007, 01:50:26 AM »
i train with figgs all the time. we go to the same gym and are good friends. he and i have both finished HIT training. only a few workouts with standard reps/sets have been done after our 6 weeks of HIT. what we've gathered so far is although we have made noticeable gains in size throughout our high intensity training, we have gotten weaker. we dont know the answer for this, throwing a few ideas around, however we are hopeful that in a few weeks training with standard reps/sets we will not only increase rapidly in weight but we will break through any plateus we had before starting HIT training. i must admit im disappointed with the results of HIT training as far as my functional strength during a set is concerned. i dont know if this happens to everyone or just me and figgs. we will see the true outcome in a few weeks and i will then decide if i will cycle another 6 weeks of HIT training into my workout schedule again. good luck to all HIT trainers!!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #166 on: January 12, 2007, 02:04:21 AM »
i train with figgs all the time. we go to the same gym and are good friends. he and i have both finished HIT training. only a few workouts with standard reps/sets have been done after our 6 weeks of HIT. what we've gathered so far is although we have made noticeable gains in size throughout our high intensity training, we have gotten weaker. we dont know the answer for this, throwing a few ideas around, however we are hopeful that in a few weeks training with standard reps/sets we will not only increase rapidly in weight but we will break through any plateus we had before starting HIT training. i must admit im disappointed with the results of HIT training as far as my functional strength during a set is concerned. i dont know if this happens to everyone or just me and figgs. we will see the true outcome in a few weeks and i will then decide if i will cycle another 6 weeks of HIT training into my workout schedule again. good luck to all HIT trainers!!

Hey bro, thats a shame about the strength results.

Too be honest im loving it at the moment, the way im training (based mainly around compound moves) is working very well (touch wood). My strength is increasing on everything, and due to some set weight stacks (pulldown machine only going to 100kg's), i am now running out of weights on some machines.

I hope to keep going with this for a few more weeks (its hard stopping wen ur still progressing), and then change to a more explosive routine based around cleans and snatches (im a rugby player) etc, for 3-4 weeks, then have a week off, then start the HIT style routine again.

davie

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #167 on: January 14, 2007, 06:17:15 PM »
My good friend nodeal covered it. We got bigger, YES! Stronger, NO! We got fuckin weaker!!

We're back to our normal routines. I'm actually starting gymnastics exercises and incorporating them into my workouts. I'm going to be a gymnast one day. I have a long road ahead of me, however. Wish me luck!

HIT was a thrill. It was training at the highest possible intensity. It was fun while it lasted, but it just didn't do for me what I want out of training. Try it if you'd like because what happened to me and my training partner may not happen to you.

Davie, you're awesome bro and you were doing a much better version of HIT than I was (which happens to not be the way Mentzer preached).

One final word: Mentzer is a cvnt.
~

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #168 on: January 14, 2007, 06:21:59 PM »
My good friend nodeal covered it. We got bigger, YES! Stronger, NO! We got fuckin weaker!!

We're back to our normal routines. I'm actually starting gymnastics exercises and incorporating them into my workouts. I'm going to be a gymnast one day. I have a long road ahead of me, however. Wish me luck!

HIT was a thrill. It was training at the highest possible intensity. It was fun while it lasted, but it just didn't do for me what I want out of training. Try it if you'd like because what happened to me and my training partner may not happen to you.

Davie, you're awesome bro and you were doing a much better version of HIT than I was (which happens to not be the way Mentzer preached).

LOL If you are looking to make awesome strength gains and size you should try DC. Since you have a training partner you can use more of the free weights exercises and become strong as a bull on them.
just push some weight!

figgs

• Getbig IV
« Reply #169 on: January 14, 2007, 06:55:26 PM »

LOL If you are looking to make awesome strength gains and size you should try DC. Since you have a training partner you can use more of the free weights exercises and become strong as a bull on them.

Thanks for the suggestion! I have to learn more about the whole routine first. There's plenty to read up around these boards so I'll eat up all the knowledge I can!
~

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #170 on: January 14, 2007, 07:37:52 PM »
Thanks for the suggestion! I have to learn more about the whole routine first. There's plenty to read up around these boards so I'll eat up all the knowledge I can!

Yeah go on www.intensemuscle.com under the dogpound section and read the thread entitled "begeners read this first". It's an interview from MD mag with Ron harris and Dante. Should answer all your questions plus there is way more info on that board.

I am still banned though. ;D
just push some weight!

AVBG

« Reply #171 on: January 14, 2007, 07:42:21 PM »

I am still banned though. ;D

I thought you and DC were cool?

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #172 on: January 14, 2007, 07:45:02 PM »

I thought you and DC were cool?

Yeah we are. Dante gives great advice and is a great guy too! It's the board sherrif.. Skip Lacour finally figured out how to make an ip ban. :(
just push some weight!

davie

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #173 on: January 15, 2007, 03:31:09 AM »

Hey figgs....i am sorry to hear u did not have the success you wer hoping for, as a routine for building ur body, i am glad u had success, tho its a shame about the strength gains. maybe its was the super intense pre-exhausting that had something to do with it, i am not 100% sure yet.

Thanks for the nice comments bro, i am enjoying it alot. the only real isolation/pre-exhausting im using is laterals b4 press behind necks (attempting to hit lateral delt harder), and leg raise(isolation tear dop a bit more) b4 squat and leg press.

Its great seeing the weights go up and as i said b4 im running out of weight on machines. I am having to up rep target on leg raise from 15 to 20 reps, as i managed all the weight stack for 15 reps. You have to make little changes like that (changing standing lateral raises to seated etc), but im loving it.

Took a diff mate of mine through a chest/arms workout on fri, after chest and bi's we started tri's with close grip bench, he started with what he thought would be far to light a weight, he couldnt get 3 reps lol.

its been good discussing diff trainng methods with alexxxx,pumpster etc recently. good to see we can all agree or completely disagree, but still have good debate about it.

davie

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #174 on: January 15, 2007, 07:57:00 PM »
deconditioned athletes