Author Topic: PWO Shake  (Read 1897 times)

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
PWO Shake
« on: November 13, 2006, 11:14:03 AM »
My PWO cocktail has 45-50g Dextrose, 45-50 g Maltodextrin, and 55-60 g Whey Protein...

If you train 2 bodyparts per workout, lets say Back and Triceps, should you still drink the PWO shake after your entire workout, or should you start sipping on the shake after you finish your first bodypart and start your second bodypart?

i usually start sipping the shake after im done with my back workout, so i'll get some nutrients to it while it is still pumped and i continue sippingon it while i continue my triceps...

so should i wait until im done with the last set of the entire workout, or should i continue doing what im doing now?

pobrecito

• Getbig V
Re: PWO Shake
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 01:20:40 PM »
I doubt it will make that much of a difference....it's really a matter of convenience. If you have the means to sip it during the workout do that, but I prefer plain water while working out as I will go through about 75 ounces in a workout and then drink the dex/whey/creatine post-workout.

MidniteRambo

• Getbig IV
  • 1687 confirmed kills and counting
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2006, 01:33:43 PM »
My only concern would be eliciting an insulin response during the workout and then experiencing the energy "crash" that follows prior to completion.  Instead I would (and generally do) sip just a whey shake during the workout and then later do a PWO shake with your simple carbs.

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2006, 02:05:03 PM »
Here is what i do, about an hour and half before a workout i eat a solid meal, during a workout i drink plenty of water and when i´m done i drink my recovery drink and in the next 45-90 minutes i eat a good size solid meal.
Works like a charm and is quite simple.
Try that...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2006, 03:34:06 PM »
My PWO cocktail has 45-50g Dextrose, 45-50 g Maltodextrin, and 55-60 g Whey Protein...

If you train 2 bodyparts per workout, lets say Back and Triceps, should you still drink the PWO shake after your entire workout, or should you start sipping on the shake after you finish your first bodypart and start your second bodypart?

i usually start sipping the shake after im done with my back workout, so i'll get some nutrients to it while it is still pumped and i continue sippingon it while i continue my triceps...

so should i wait until im done with the last set of the entire workout, or should i continue doing what im doing now?

complete your workout than have the shake ready to go.

how long are your training session?

A2daMIR

• Getbig III
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 04:54:53 AM »
complete your workout than have the shake ready to go.

how long are your training session?

My Workouts are anywhere between 60 mins and 90 mins depending on the day and my split for the day... Also i do 15-20 min HIT cardio ( either stairmaster or sprints on treadmill) after my workout...

So with that being said, should i still drink it after my workout? or  lets say after the first 70 mins?

and if you think i should drink it after my workout, is thaat AFTER cardio or Before Cardio?

jmt1

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 07:35:02 AM »
My Workouts are anywhere between 60 mins and 90 mins depending on the day and my split for the day... Also i do 15-20 min HIT cardio ( either stairmaster or sprints on treadmill) after my workout...

So with that being said, should i still drink it after my workout? or  lets say after the first 70 mins?

and if you think i should drink it after my workout, is thaat AFTER cardio or Before Cardio?

yes after your cardio.

like one of the posts above said you could take in a little 100% whey while you are training...but you wont to save the malto/dextrose shake for pwo.

Minihulk

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 05:45:45 PM »
Have yall heard of the herb you can use pwo to help with glucose metabilism....Gymnema Sylvestre....I just got some and it was in the muscle mag saying it was good to have with your post work out shake,,,just wondering.
"Overdone.."