garraeth

• Getbig IV
« on: November 19, 2006, 10:13:32 PM »

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
Re: Democrat Wants Draft Reinstated
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2006, 10:36:00 PM »
Reinstating the draft would cause the kids of middle class and rich kids to have to go to war.  Right now, it's mostly lower income kids.

When this happens, campaign donation dollars dry up quick, and political pressure mounts from repubs and moderates who are currently okay with a war of aggression for oil, but sure aren't cool with their kids taking fire in the sand for it.  The draft killed vietnam.

benchmstr

• Getbig V
  • Raging drunk
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2006, 10:43:41 PM »
fuck the draft,why go to iraq when i can shoot someone in the comfort of my home ;)

latman

• Getbig II
  • Gotbig!
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 12:00:02 AM »
arrg...even tho i posted 1st, go here:
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=107727.0

bleh

**close this thread**
You yanks can't even tell the time, he posted approx 12 hours before you did.

latman

• Getbig II
  • Gotbig!
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 12:05:22 AM »
How do you guys get the picture in your sig?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 12:21:36 AM »
I'm drunk as hell and can tell the difference between am and pm...  My posted thread was morning on sunday.  Garreth, drik a browskyh with me and you'll be ables to tell time like me... right now I'm in pmam zoned ;D  Danmit plumer dammmit... :'(

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 04:48:02 AM »
it's an end-around to cutting war funding.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 05:42:03 AM »
You yanks can't even tell the time
and you brits cant even locate the UK or USA on a map.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6074202.stm

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 05:44:02 AM »
and you brits cant even locate the UK or USA on a map.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/6074202.stm

Our people are so much wiser.  I bet 100% of them could find Iraq on a map.

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2006, 07:10:33 AM »
Our people are so much wiser.  I bet 100% of them could find Iraq on a map.
just exposing hypocrisy.  the average American is stupid(you for example) the average European is stupid(latman for example).  then there are those with far superior intelligence like myself in both areas of the globe.

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
  • Our forefathers would be shooting by now
« Reply #10 on: November 20, 2006, 07:26:57 AM »
The reasons for this are endless. 240's points are part of it from the civilian side. From the Mil side u would have to realx standards or change regs. Why would a kid who got drafted want to make weight or pass a PT test. IT would have to be tied in with colledge money/loans etc. There would have to be penalties...it would be a nightmare but Rangle has a point.
L

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2006, 07:29:47 AM »
The reasons for this are endless. 240's points are part of it from the civilian side. From the Mil side u would have to realx standards or change regs. Why would a kid who got drafted want to make weight or pass a PT test. IT would have to be tied in with colledge money/loans etc. There would have to be penalties...it would be a nightmare but Rangle has a point.
L

Dos Equis

• Getbig V
  • I am. The most interesting man in the world. (Not)
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2006, 07:38:37 AM »

Good point.  There are a ton of ways to get out of the military (unless stop loss is in effect):  fat boys, open homosexuality, pregnancy, the infamous and oft-used "personality disorder." 

headhuntersix

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2006, 07:49:10 AM »
Yeah beach I didn't even get into the gay thing but say ur sitting on ur ass getting ready to go to Ohio State..playing football and getting ready to bang ur way through colledge. Taking golf and smoking all the shit u can. If it were me..I'd try to blow somebody at MEPPS before they ever shipped me off. I did this crap on my own terms....anyway the reason are endless that this bad. NCO's would be pulling out their hair.
L

Cavalier22

• Getbig IV
  • Citizens! The Fatherland is in Danger
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2006, 09:00:19 AM »
that belief that the military is mostly lower income is exagerrated greatly, as I have commented on before.

It is completely voluntary as well.

All males are signed up in case the need for a draft occurs, as I had to put in my selective service paperwork when i was 18 or so.
Valhalla awaits.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2006, 11:43:01 AM »
the average American is stupid(you for example)

Aside from my education, understanding of the concepts we debate, and the fact that two years ago I made the exact arguments you are making today before learning the truth about how the world works, yes, you are absolutely right.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2006, 12:46:20 PM »
it seems like every liberal i know makes the same claims. they used to be a conservative then they got all smart and "saw the light". ya ya ya, cut the crap

Parker

• Getbig V
  • He Sees The Stormy Anger Of The World
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2006, 02:33:02 PM »
Reinstating the draft would cause the kids of middle class and rich kids to have to go to war.  Right now, it's mostly lower income kids.

When this happens, campaign donation dollars dry up quick, and political pressure mounts from repubs and moderates who are currently okay with a war of aggression for oil, but sure aren't cool with their kids taking fire in the sand for it.  The draft killed vietnam.

What about the illegal immigrants...I guess they don't have to fight if the draft is reinstated.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2006, 02:44:00 PM »
What about the illegal immigrants...I guess they don't have to fight if the draft is reinstated.

IMO we should be able to shoot them below the kneecap on sight.  If they can crawl to an American hospital, they get free health care before deportation.  If they cannot, they contribute to the ecosystem in that buzzards can eat.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2006, 02:51:23 PM »
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic....

Partially.  I think any illegals here should be tagged and taxed.  We do need the ones that are here in order to keep Cali's economy together.

However, after we bring home our men from iraq, I think half of them should guard our border, and half (those that test in the top 50 percentile) should work on an alternative fuel source.  border fixed, alternative fuel source in 3 years :)

Of course, then we couldn't exploit the resources of other countries.  As Bush said today from overseas, an isolationist spproach prevents us from "opportunities". 

Opportunites to die defending iraqi soil for one iraqi from another iraqi!  Bravo!

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #20 on: November 20, 2006, 03:03:38 PM »
Aside from my education, understanding of the concepts we debate, and the fact that two years ago I made the exact arguments you are making today before learning the truth about how the world works, yes, you are absolutely right.
you thought saudi arabia had nukes, you think the osama confession tape is fake, you think a missile or drone was shot into the pentagon, you think the towers were a controlled demolition, you're a gullible moron.  i will never be stupid enough to belive the things you do.

kh300

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 20, 2006, 03:05:48 PM »
i actually agree with 240, until that last part. but illegals are not keeping any economy running. they are a huge burden. when you have illegals working for you, you can pay them a few bucks an hour. as opposed to having to pay minimum wage. the lower wages being payed puts less money into the economy

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #22 on: November 20, 2006, 03:13:52 PM »

However, after we bring home our men from iraq, I think half of them should guard our border, and half (those that test in the top 50 percentile) should work on an alternative fuel source.  border fixed, alternative fuel source in 3 years :)
no, burn all the foreign fuel then build more nuclear power plants and up production on our coal reserves, largest in the world, use and export.  maybe shale oil as well, which we also happen to have the largest reserves of in the world, it sucks though, like tar sands...  'alternative energy'  is a joke.  like i said, burn off all the foreign oil,leave them with nothing. thats the best policy.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 20, 2006, 03:15:43 PM »
Hey, if you wanna close em and deport all 12mil, I support that too.  But logistically, it's too complex to happen.  So I'd take the hit, say they can stay, then lock down the border with landmines and infared vision.  Or pay those minutemen $50 for every illegal they poach ;)

They do serve some function, and they do work close to national level min. wage (still 5.15 hour?)  I doubt most illegals would work for under $5 an hour.. that's $40 a day.  Not a bad deal for employers

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 20, 2006, 03:16:45 PM »
no, burn all the foreign fuel then build more nuclear power plants and up production on our coal reserves, largest in the world, use and export.  maybe shale oil as well, which we also happen to have the largest reserves of in the world, it sucks though, like tar sands...  'alternative energy'  is a joke.  like i said, burn off all the foreign oil,leave them with nothing. thats the best policy.

You're irrational.  Incredible that you'd shit on my 911 beliefs blindly, then trumpet your belief that we should illegally steal resources from other nations.  I'm guessing you're ill in your soul.