Author Topic: PUMPS GYM in CHICAGO  (Read 3784 times)

Special Ed

• Toms
  • Getbig V
  • Special Ed Forever!
PUMPS GYM in CHICAGO
« on: November 20, 2006, 10:40:14 AM »
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Blockhead for letting me train at his ultra-hardcore gym Pumps Gym in East Chicago. It's an awesome gym and Blockhead is a beast. He's about 6' 250 and about 10% BF and dwarfs me.

I got to have dinner with Blockhead and The Beast on Friday night and we had a great time and lots of laughs. <Table Thump>

Thanks Blockhead for the hospitality. Chicago is a great city with great and friendly people.

Special "Chitag" Ed

BigNationRadio.com

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
Re: PUMPS GYM in CHICAGO
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 11:07:17 AM »
Just wanted to give a shout-out to Blockhead for letting me train at his ultra-hardcore gym Pumps Gym in East Chicago. It's an awesome gym and Blockhead is a beast. He's about 6' 250 and about 10% BF and dwarfs me.

I got to have dinner with Blockhead and The Beast on Friday night and we had a great time and lots of laughs. <Table Thump>

Thanks Blockhead for the hospitality. Chicago is a great city with great and friendly people.

Special "Chitag" Ed

any pic Ed?
Get Big, or Die Trying

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 11:26:32 AM »

It was my pleasure to play host to the Special 'Live from NY It's...' Ed! Too bad we didn't have more time because I would have taken you over to God's crib...you see most people don't know this but God Himself lives in Chicago for it is the greatest of all big cities.

Glad you liked Pumps Gym. My arms are sore today. Dinner was fun! 'THUMP!' Signed&Sealed, baby!!!

?

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2006, 11:27:15 AM »
It was my pleasure to play host to the Special 'Live from NY It's...' Ed! Too bad we didn't have more time because I would have taken you over to God's crib...you see most people don't know this but God Himself lives in Chicago for it is the greatest of all big cities.

Glad you liked Pumps Gym. My arms are sore today. Dinner was fun! 'THUMP!' Signed&Sealed, baby!!!

Lets get some pics of this place up dude!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2006, 11:43:59 AM »

I will. It might remind you of TEMPLE GYM but with 'vivid green' walls and no door on the bathroom.

davidpaul and the good ol' Block are supposed to be training together this week.

To all of those who wonder...'Special 'Mystery Man' Ed is as witty and as funny in person as he is on here. He has GREAT stories about the 'who's who' in the industry. Some of the knowledge he dropped on me about all the heroes we debate about daily on here left an impact on me like when 'Sonny' told little 'C' in the great film, 'A Bronx Tale'...'Mickey Mantle? Mickey Mantle makes 100K/year how much does your father make? Go tell Mickey Mantle your father can't pay the rent and see what he tells you...Mickey Mantle don't care about you so why should you care about him...nobody cares.'

When Special 'Truth Hurts' Ed left last night...I threw all my magazines away and tore down every picture on my gyms wall(s).

You people would be suprised!
?

davidpaul

• Getbig V
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2006, 02:46:39 PM »
theres no supposed about it dawg, hardcore training babyyyy

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 02:49:48 PM »
that's cool as fuck

arigato

• Getbig II
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2006, 03:00:45 PM »

god damn.... block ur HUGE!!! im glad i didn't go workout lol... dang... i better go eat!!!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2006, 06:01:44 PM »

Thanks, son! You're welcome to drive down anytime and check the facility out. PM me for details...
?

HBK

• Getbig I
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 02:34:31 AM »
Hey Block, can you give a brief description of your gym? Like what kind of members, what atmosphere, music etc? Might be looking for a new gym to get back my body back up to form in.
One rep at a time.

Bluto

• Getbig V
  • Well?
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 02:37:52 AM »
well it aint called pumps for nothing, it got all the pink dumbbells you could ever ask for along with a lot of rubber bands
 ;)
Z

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 06:09:14 AM »
I want a Pumps Gym T-shirt!!!!!!!!  :D

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 06:50:08 AM »
I will. It might remind you of TEMPLE GYM but with 'vivid green' walls and no door on the bathroom.

Which means Crap equipment, very few true BB who train there, no cardio equipment that is less than 16 years old, no natural light and the place smells......sound like fun?  :D

Might as well train in your basement.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 10:57:35 AM »
Which means Crap equipment, very few true BB who train there, no cardio equipment that is less than 16 years old, no natural light and the place smells......sound like fun?  :D

Might as well train in your basement.
Shit I'd love to train at temple gym... the first generation hammer machines were way better than the current stuff.

Cardio?... who cares... go for a walk outside I reckon

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 12:37:41 PM »
Shit I'd love to train at temple gym... the first generation hammer machines were way better than the current stuff.

Cardio?... who cares... go for a walk outside I reckon

Cardio..... who cares?  ::)  Just saying those dungeon type gyms get depressing.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 12:43:15 PM »
Cardio..... who cares?  ::)  Just saying those dungeon type gyms get depressing.
better than neon and potted plants dude!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2006, 09:49:46 AM »
Bitch Pleeeease! You can stick to LIFETIME FITNESS out in suburbia, 'Luv2Hurt'. Keep paying all that money for child care, juice bar, internet access, hair salon, tanning beds, whirlpools, plasma screen tv's above the 'Precors'...

I have a sign on the door...'No Suburban P-ssies Allowed'. Right about the sign that says...'No N____'s!'
?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2006, 09:56:21 AM »
Thanks, son! You're welcome to drive down anytime and check the facility out. PM me for details...

too bad that blacks and latinos aren't allowed there.

"no one with superior genetics allowed"
Here comes the money shot

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2006, 09:57:52 AM »
Bitch Pleeeease! You can stick to LIFETIME FITNESS out in suburbia, 'Luv2Hurt'. Keep paying all that money for child care, juice bar, internet access, hair salon, tanning beds, whirlpools, plasma screen tv's above the 'Precors'...

I have a sign on the door...'No Suburban P-ssies Allowed'. Right about the sign that says...'No N____'s!'
ahahahaha

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2006, 10:06:13 AM »
ahahahaha
'Luv2Hurt' trains at the softest of softcore corporate chain gyms in Chicagoland. LIFETIME Fitness. It makes Planet Fitness look like 'MetroFlex'. I walked into one once time to buy a 'protein drink' while I was en-route to some place els once...I walked in there is a giant fishtank on the wall...a hair salon in the place, old chinese ladies giving uppity yuppity women pedicures while the chat on their cell phones with sliced cucumbers on their eyes...it had 'adult contempory' music playing ever so softly...it had a section with leather furniture with a coffee table with 'Wall Street Journal, NY Times etc...' on the coffee table.

He probably pays $50-$60/ month to go there and on top of that...he buys FAKE 'gear' from a guy who is KNOWN to sell fake gear.
?

Childish///AMG

• Getbig IV
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2006, 10:14:36 AM »
When I am visting home, I train at the hardest gym in chi-town, "Robert Taylor Homes" 8) 8) I owe this body to them and Cabrini Green 8)

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2006, 10:18:49 AM »
When I am visting home, I train at the hardest gym in chi-town, "Robert Taylor Homes" 8) 8) I owe this body to them and Cabrini Green 8)
Oh I know those gyms...

There isn't a juice bar in those gyms but they do have a cooler filled with Colt-45's and St. Ives instead of 'Pure Pros' or 'Speed Stacks' or any ABB drinks.

They train real 'jail house style' up in 'Da Greens'.

No...honestly the ebst gym NEAR Cabrini Green is the 'Crunch' gym over on Chicago/Orleans...

It used to be a Gold's Gym and 'Crunch' left the equipment the way it was and didn't 'commercialize it'. It's still somewhat hardcore.
?

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2006, 11:20:11 AM »
'Luv2Hurt' trains at the softest of softcore corporate chain gyms in Chicagoland. LIFETIME Fitness. It makes Planet Fitness look like 'MetroFlex'. I walked into one once time to buy a 'protein drink' while I was en-route to some place els once...I walked in there is a giant fishtank on the wall...a hair salon in the place, old chinese ladies giving uppity yuppity women pedicures while the chat on their cell phones with sliced cucumbers on their eyes...it had 'adult contempory' music playing ever so softly...it had a section with leather furniture with a coffee table with 'Wall Street Journal, NY Times etc...' on the coffee table.

He probably pays $50-$60/ month to go there and on top of that...he buys FAKE 'gear' from a guy who is KNOWN to sell fake gear.

LMAO dawg now thats some funny sh*t!!  See I knew I would get you tripping.  Again I dont train at Lifetime, I would not like it there either, altough you have been in one, I have not.  I train at X-sport in suburbia this is true.  Fake gear bro why you gotta put me on front street?  And yes a broke ass scrub like you could not afford to train there.  Living in your parents basement dreaming of a 35K a year job, come on now lets do this for real.  I will come down to your gym and train with you Micks (can say that cause Im half Mick) and show you panzys how its done......That hell hole got a squat rack?

Spike

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Kill your ego
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 11:29:03 AM »

damn wish I could of been there so we could of all smoked an L....yea son

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 11:29:43 AM »
 Oh, SHIZNIT!

My bad, G...snap! I be a Mic to..half MIC half SPIC! A SpicMic...youknowwhatIms ayin?

Honestly, I know you don't train at LIFETIME. I just like to giv you static. We have a couple mutual 'friends' in common. You train at 'EXPORT' Arlignton?

I go there to (Niles or Elston).

The 'fake gear' was just a 'warning to you'. Careful with the stuff comming out of the northwest burbs...

I be got a squat rack up in thurr...up in thurr! PM me for details...
?