Author Topic: Tards Balancing on Exercise Balls  (Read 7538 times)

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
Tards Balancing on Exercise Balls
« on: November 21, 2006, 11:43:17 AM »
This is now getting out of hand - today at the gym a "tard" was balancing on an exercise ball in the squat rack - thats it  ! nothing else.  "Tard" did this for approx 20 mins....

I guess this would also be acceptable behavior at planet Gayness, but the guy grunting while benching 400 plus pounds is ban worthy...
K

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
Re: Tards Balancing on Exercise Balls
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2006, 11:44:26 AM »
This is now getting out of hand - today at the gym a "tard" was balancing on an exercise ball in the squat rack - thats it  ! nothing else.  "Tard" did this for approx 20 mins....

I guess this would also be acceptable behavior at planet Gayness, but the guy grunting while benching 400 plus pounds is ban worthy...
that clown wasn't benching 400lbs., he was quarter squatting 500 in the Smith Machine, if you look at him 400 would crush him on the bench.

wes

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What Dire Mishap Has Befallen Thee
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2006, 01:20:25 PM »

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 01:24:13 PM »
One day someone's gonna fall on his/her ass, and a dumbell is going to crush the individuals face and kill him/her in the process.

Then it will stop. For a while. And a few years later, it will resurface.

Its called natural selection.

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 01:24:37 PM »
this has got to be the gayest shit I have ever seen. this fcuking clown belongs to the circus, not the Gym
Get Big, or Die Trying

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 01:27:27 PM »

who comes up with stupid exercices like that, wow what a genius
are you delusional?

paul84

• Getbig II
  • Nuke 'em, Rico!
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 01:29:05 PM »

I don't know, you can't really argue with that guy's quad development.  ::)

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2006, 01:42:53 PM »

Im with you but at some point in time you just have to look away and let the idiots of the world do away with themselves..
p

sean

• Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2006, 06:37:27 PM »
I think the tards here are those who havnt yet grasped the concept of doing an exercise like this.  He's obviously not doing it for MASSIVE QUADS... jeez. 
Little something called balance, rehab, working around existing injuries, motor unit recruitment, etc. 
Seriously.  This pic has been posted like 99million times and I'm still willing to bet that maybe two people on this entire board could pull this off.  A feat nonetheless if only a few can do it right?

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2006, 07:06:17 PM »
I think the tards here are those who havnt yet grasped the concept of doing an exercise like this.  He's obviously not doing it for MASSIVE QUADS... jeez. 
Little something called balance, rehab, working around existing injuries, motor unit recruitment, etc. 
Seriously.  This pic has been posted like 99million times and I'm still willing to bet that maybe two people on this entire board could pull this off.  A feat nonetheless if only a few can do it right?

everytime I see that picture I bust out laughing

to be honest I am not sure that many guys on here want to do that "exercise"
Here comes the money shot

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2006, 07:07:25 PM »
One day someone's gonna fall on his/her ass, and a dumbell is going to crush the individuals face and kill him/her in the process.

Then it will stop. For a while. And a few years later, it will resurface.

Its called natural selection.

LOL "natural selection"

WiseGuy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2006, 07:35:16 PM »

TRANSLATION:

"I am the douche on the ball"

::)

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2006, 07:41:56 PM »
you jealous twunts, you wish you had the smarts to invent such a unique and effective exercise that is the swedish ball squat. his ankles are on the brink of snappage but his quads are fryed.

youandme

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2006, 07:47:32 PM »

Ony time I used those exercise balls is when some fat bitch was using the roman chair and I wanted to rush my workout so I grabbed a gay ball, procedded to do my set of 50 reps and let out one of those roaring wind farts, the kindthat sounds like you tore your pants, it was priceless. Needless to say when people ask me about exercise balls, I reply to them " I shit on exercise balls"

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2006, 12:31:47 AM »

TRANSLATION:

"I am the douche on the ball"

::)

Yep

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2006, 12:51:52 AM »
Squatting on an exercise ball looks dangerous.

Not too good if that's the only squat rack available. There are certain things you can do elsewhere and not take up actual weightlifting space. Bodyweight squatting on an ex. ball is one of them.

Frank White

• Getbig II
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2006, 02:45:27 AM »

Are you in Vegas? I saw this exact same thing yesterday.

Frauhorn

• Getbig II
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2006, 03:05:11 AM »
you jealous twunts, you wish you had the smarts to invent such a unique and effective exercise that is the swedish ball squat. his ankles are on the brink of snappage but his quads are fryed.
lol

dawakaman

• Getbig III
  • Never settle for less
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2006, 04:27:33 AM »
i cant help but wonder everytime how the guy got himself positioned on the swissball like that, especially with 135 on his  shoulders...that's a feat in itself.
Oh, and Sean, you've got a point when you're saying he isn't doin that for massive quads, but there are many better& SAFER excercises for balance, rehabilitation and motor unit recruitment than squatting on a swissball...wouldn't you agree?

Peace
D

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2006, 05:03:00 AM »
I just joined a new gym.  There was a guy and his girlfriend or wife training with one of those rubber balls but it is only half a one with a solid bottom.  They would stand on the flat part and balance themselves while doing some dumbell work.  It was fucking hilarious watching these two.  Every other rep they would fall off or start to teter to one side.  They were doing side laterals and kept fallingoff so the other one would hold them.  It truly was a sight.

Playboy

• Getbig V
  • If the bar ain't bending, you're just pretending
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2006, 05:08:54 AM »

I saw this in my gym too. He could slip and fall with the bar knocking someone out or hurting someone really badly. Why do people invent there own exercises? With all of todays modern day free weights and equipment there always seems to be a squid that has to do something stupid.
As for buddy that got banned at Planet Shitness, I saw it on the news yesterday and he has a fleet of lawyers and is suing that fat ass gym manager. He went mainstream public with this and I hope that fat ass gym manager gets what she deserves.

PB

Board_SHERIF

• Getbig V
  • UK Independence Party
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2006, 07:14:34 AM »
Are you in Vegas? I saw this exact same thing yesterday.

No I am in Toronto.... I guess this is a new fad.  If this ball balancing is for rehab why is it not done at a Physiotherapy place ? if at a gym then it should be done in a back room...
K

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2006, 08:06:56 AM »

Have you ever tried it? It isn't easy and should be apart of an athletes regular core training, balance is a HUGE part of athletic training and what that dude is doing is a regular part of sports teams strength programs, if this guy wasn't hanging on to the rack an was just balancing of that stability ball that's an awesome feat, I know many hockey players who do the same thing.

BTW, the dude doing squats on the ball is just plain retarded!

Top Dog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2006, 08:15:06 AM »
Don't knock the exercise if you don't understand the concept Mongo. There's a little more to weight training than maxing out. I love you local, amateur, "bodybuilders". Dime a dozen.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2006, 08:17:58 AM »
Don't knock the exercise if you don't understand the concept Mongo. There's a little more to weight training than maxing out. I love you local, amateur, "bodybuilders". Dime a dozen.
translation= you have yet to bench 225 and you hate anyone who is strong.