Author Topic: HAPPY THANKSGIVING  (Read 3018 times)

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
HAPPY THANKSGIVING
« on: November 23, 2006, 10:26:06 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all GETBIGGERS. When all getbiggers sit down for dinner today, take a minute to be thankful to all our troops fighting the war on terror. Whether you're pro or con of the war, what those boys are doing allows us to eat peacefully this day. Enjoy the protein and carbs today boys.....

Big387

• Getbig II
Re: HAPPY THANKSGIVING
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2006, 10:43:58 AM »
I'm thankful to George Bush, for doing what it takes to maintain our supply of oil, upon which our entire economy and affluent western way of life rests.

"No blood for oil" sounds like a good slogan, until you realize that without it your nice little suburban town would turn into Mogadishu inside of a week.

This Thanksgiving dose of reality brought to you by Big387.
team goodrum

Dan-O

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2006, 11:19:38 AM »
I'm thankful to George Bush, for doing what it takes to maintain our supply of oil, upon which our entire economy and affluent western way of life rests.

"No blood for oil" sounds like a good slogan, until you realize that without it your nice little suburban town would turn into Mogadishu inside of a week.

Thanks for pointing that out.

How many of the people who are screaming to end the war and bring our troops home, are willing to sacrifice that way of life, get rid of their SUV's and start walking or riding their bikes everywhere they go?

*crickets*

Hmmm, thought so.  So all you anti-war hypocrites can either put up or shut up.

Oh, and happy Thanksgiving! :)

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2006, 11:21:29 AM »
Happy Thanksgiving to all GETBIGGERS. When all getbiggers sit down for dinner today, take a minute to be thankful to all our troops fighting the war on terror. Whether you're pro or con of the war, what those boys are doing allows us to eat peacefully this day. Enjoy the protein and carbs today boys.....
hahahahaha, "war on terror", delusional as the day is long, you probably still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2006, 11:22:44 AM »

::)...Jeez!

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2006, 11:24:02 AM »
hahahahaha, "war on terror", delusional as the day is long, you probably still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.....

..........and "The Squadfather" oh brother ::)!!

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2006, 11:26:08 AM »
..........and "The Squadfather" oh brother ::)!!
hahahaha, look who's back it's Dubya's coffee fetcher, if you believe so much in this "war" why don't you go enlist in the Marines?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2006, 11:29:18 AM »

I challenge anyone here to disprove what you're saying, but it won't happen.

IMO the aggressive action we're doing to control resources is unnecessary.  Brazil is energy independent because they are smart.  I contend that the US is smarter.  We could pull the men out of the middle east.  Put the dumb half on the borders and airports (immigration prob solved).  Put the smart half to work on a new alternative energy source.  Save 5% of the troops for organization of this new use of men.

Border solved and us out of the middle east, you'll see terrorist motivation gone quickly.  We'd have a new ethanol energy source working in 18 month and the Big 3 US automakers would make a killing with new energy cars, subsidized by the billions we would be spending in iraq.

This would work, of course, if Bush family didn't have $2B tied up in Saudi Oil.  And cheney the same with halibuton, building the pipeline and iraqi infrastructure. Lots of motivation to keep oil as the main resource when the leaders' personal wealth is tied to oil consumption.

Big387

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2006, 11:30:23 AM »
How many of the people who are screaming to end the war and bring our troops home, are willing to sacrifice that way of life, get rid of their SUV's and start walking or riding their bikes everywhere they go?

Oh, it goes well beyond biking or walking.

For starters, how do people think food gets to grocery stores and restaurants?

How do they think police, fire engines, and ambulances get to you?  How do they think doctors and nurses get to work at hospitals?  How do they think drugs and medical supplies get to hospitals?

How do they think fuel for power plants gets extracted and delivered?

There's about 100 other things I could list, but the point is, society would completely break down... it would be like New Orleans after Katrina.

So maybe uninformed people should just ease up a bit on the whole "no blood for oil" crap.
team goodrum

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2006, 12:10:27 PM »
Alternative energy, baby.

The US people are very creative, and necessity is the mother of all invention.

Big387

• Getbig II
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2006, 12:21:05 PM »
Alternative energy, baby.

The US people are very creative, and necessity is the mother of all invention.

long-term you're absolutely right

that's at least a decade away even if we work towards it

in the short term, if you don't want the world as you know it to end, the oil better damn well keep flowing
team goodrum

Delusional Liberal

• Getbig III
« Reply #11 on: November 23, 2006, 12:30:11 PM »
 Brazil is energy independent because they are smart.
moron.  brazil is 'energy independent' because their energy demand is extremely low compared to the US and they're a sugar cane producer, the US could never replace oil with ethanol like brazil has done.  USA needs to keep doing what it's doing, burning all the foreign fuel, then using our energy reserves, leaving us with the power, and the middleast with nothing.  we have the largest coal reserves in the world which can be converted into fuel, the amount we have will last a verrry long time.  oil shale as well, we have the largest reserves of in the world.  nuclear power and coal is all we need.  'alternative energy' is a joke at the current time.  if there is some silver bullet 'alternative energy' source out there it will take a loooong time to develop and implement, so in the meantime, we need oil.

body88

« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2006, 12:34:53 PM »
Check out the general for a thread of funny war quotes by my drunk uncle. Thanksgiving always turns into debate on polotics.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2006, 12:36:44 PM »
moron.  brazil is 'energy independent' because their energy demand is extremely low compared to the US and they're a sugar cane producer, the US could never replace oil with ethanol like brazil has done.  USA needs to keep doing what it's doing, burning all the foreign fuel, then using our energy reserves, leaving us with the power, and the middleast with nothing.  we have the largest coal reserves in the world which can be converted into fuel, the amount we have will last a verrry long time.  oil shale as well, we have the largest reserves of in the world.  nuclear power and coal is all we need.  'alternative energy' is a joke at the current time.  if there is some silver bullet 'alternative energy' source out there it will take a loooong time to develop and implement, so in the meantime, we need oil.

I'm sure the world will tolerate the US continuing to start wars for resources.  I am sure they'll never get together and put a stop to it.  I am sure your method, morally wrong, allows to to sleep well at night.

Big387

• Getbig II
« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2006, 12:41:21 PM »
I'm sure the world will tolerate the US continuing to start wars for resources.  I am sure they'll never get together and put a stop to it.  I am sure your method, morally wrong, allows to to sleep well at night.

morals are for those who have everything handed to them

for those who actually have to worry about how to keep an affluent america afloat, there are no morals, only hard choices
team goodrum

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2006, 12:42:06 PM »
can't argue with that.

Luga74

• Getbig II
  • If my aunt had balls, she'd be my uncle......
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2006, 01:16:49 PM »
hahahahaha, "war on terror", delusional as the day is long, you probably still believe in Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy.

No I have a brother, who's a MARINE, in Iraq for the second time who had a delicious thanksgiving meal of beef jerky and cheese sticks while you ate turkey and stuffing and watched the Dolphins-Lions game!!!!

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2006, 01:22:43 PM »
I don't give a fuck about the troops in Iraq - they volunteered. If they get blown up, shot, stabbed or napalmed it is their own fault. If anything they deserve it for falling for all that, "be all you can be" bullshit.

What is thanksgiving anyway? Does it have something to do with the red indians?

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2006, 01:23:57 PM »
What is thanksgiving anyway? Does it have something to do with the red indians?

It's the day we set them free.  We helped remove the burden of land ownership from them.

DarthNemesis21

• Getbig II
  • The darkside makes you stonger.Gives you focus!
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2006, 01:24:39 PM »
I have no idea how or why this thread got political.All of a sudden.

Anyway. Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!

Enjoy today...Cause were gonna be paying for it the next few weeks.With the cardio sessions to knock off the rolls of tomorrow.Caused by the dinner rolls today.

give in to the darkside

UK Gold

• Getbig IV
  • Riding on the Getbig wind
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2006, 01:28:16 PM »
It's the day we set them free.  We helped remove the burden of land ownership from them.
You know, the sad thing is they don't complain half as much as black people. [not being racist, thats the damn truth]

efirkey

• Getbig IV
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2006, 01:44:18 PM »
What Indians are left are treated far worse than the black man.

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2006, 06:47:40 PM »

No I have a brother, who's a MARINE, in Iraq for the second time who had a delicious thanksgiving meal of beef jerky and cheese sticks while you ate turkey and stuffing and watched the Dolphins-Lions game!!!!
hahahaha, i know, ain't it great!!

bmacsys

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #23 on: November 24, 2006, 09:09:24 AM »
I challenge anyone here to disprove what you're saying, but it won't happen.

IMO the aggressive action we're doing to control resources is unnecessary.  Brazil is energy independent because they are smart.  I contend that the US is smarter.  We could pull the men out of the middle east.  Put the dumb half on the borders and airports (immigration prob solved).  Put the smart half to work on a new alternative energy source.  Save 5% of the troops for organization of this new use of men.

Border solved and us out of the middle east, you'll see terrorist motivation gone quickly.  We'd have a new ethanol energy source working in 18 month and the Big 3 US automakers would make a killing with new energy cars, subsidized by the billions we would be spending in iraq.

This would work, of course, if Bush family didn't have $2B tied up in Saudi Oil.  And cheney the same with halibuton, building the pipeline and iraqi infrastructure. Lots of motivation to keep oil as the main resource when the leaders' personal wealth is tied to oil consumption.
Whatever the fuck we have to do we should be doing to get down to ZERO dependence on foreign sources of energy. Should have been done a LONG time ago.
The House that Ruth built

240 is Back

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 24, 2006, 09:15:39 AM »
Whatever the f**k we have to do we should be doing to get down to ZERO dependence on foreign sources of energy. Should have been done a LONG time ago.

We are a brilliant people.  We can find a solution to oil needs.  It just seems that everytime a person invents an electric car, he dies that same week :(