Author Topic: Would you consider lifting 190lbs off the ground with one hand to be strong?  (Read 9581 times)

JasonH

• Getbig V
Well, would you?

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
overhead yes, just off the ground...average for a short time lifter

hope this helps... ;)

JasonH

• Getbig V
What if the person lifting it only weighed 200lbs at the time?

HICKSON

• Getbig IV
  • Bunch of slack-jaw fagg0ts round here.
Yes.

Either way.
Giving 110%

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
yes, especially if you're referring to the inch dumbbell.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
I can d-bell row that and deadlift that too with one hand. Oh yeah, and I can shrug that too.  ;D
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
Just pick up the weight off the ground with one arm?   I'd consider that a pretty average deadlift.   One arm row a 190lb db several times and I'd be more impressed.

Rhino

• Getbig IV
  • Jesus Christ is lord and savior
I don't know about several times for me...but to just lift it sure...for a row that is.  :-\
X

Man of Steel

• Getbig V
  • Isaiah40:28-31 ✝ Romans10:9 ✝ 1Peter3:15
I don't know about several times for me...but to just lift it sure...for a row that is.  :-\

For a one-arm row I'd consider 6 to be several.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
MOS is right.  6 with wraps would be strong.  1 or two with no wraps would be good.

JasonH

• Getbig V
Okay then, fine.

You see, I have noticed that Squadfather and the rest of his disbelieving crew are strangely absent from this thread despite having been logged in when this thread was started.

Is it because they know I'm going to post pictorial evidence of this so they're staying away?

SS

• Getbig V
  • The new and improved SS.
Okay then, fine.

You see, I have noticed that Squadfather and the rest of his disbelieving crew are strangely absent from this thread despite having been logged in when this thread was started.

Is it because they know I'm going to post pictorial evidence of this so they're staying away?
post away stud!

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV

JasonH

• Getbig V
This photo was taken at the Olympia Expo in '05. I had been away from training for several months - hence the dramatic weight loss (I only weighed 200lbs).

As you can see I lifted the weight quite easily - no warm-up, no wraps. It weighed 190lbs with the harness but I could've easily done more - there just wasn't the option. It is the only picture I have of me lifting anything. My wife took the photo.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
u shoulda held out a lil longer till someone called u out on it... honestly, that fact that the handle is sooo thick seems to make it more impressive...

but lifting that rig p an inch or two off the ground isnt nearly as tough as lifting a db equally high off the ground...

i would guess that weight training would have little affect on ones a bility to lift that rig with that form, in that way...

Sir William Idol

• Getbig IV
  • you got a fight comin
would you call that "lifting it off the ground" when the handle is already 2 feet off the ground? thats more in the partial deadlift category where you just kinda lean back, you're way past the hard part thats the beginning of most off-the-floor deadlifts.  
its comin today

JasonH

• Getbig V
u shoulda held out a lil longer till someone called u out on it... honestly, that fact that the handle is sooo thick seems to make it more impressive...

but lifting that rig p an inch or two off the ground isnt nearly as tough as lifting a db equally high off the ground...

i would guess that weight training would have little affect on ones a bility to lift that rig with that form, in that way...

Yeah I forgot to mention that the handle was also very thick - that's what made it so difficult - not the weight itself.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
notice how nobody is watching,....almost as if, hundreds of people had been walking up and lifting and taking pics all day...

BigJ when u gunna post a larger version of your avatar

JasonH

• Getbig V
notice how nobody is watching,....almost as if, hundreds of people had been walking up and lifting and taking pics all day...

BigJ when u gunna post a larger version of your avatar

There were about thirty people watching from where my wife took the photo - there was also a guy to my right (out of shot) verifying the lift becasue there were prizes to be won.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
30 people watching yet the people 3 feet away dont even notice,.... ??? ???... why not make it 100 people watching and cheering your name...????

hey BigJ when u gunna post a larger pic of your avatar

nzmusclemonster

• Getbig V
  • Serenity Now!
The blondie is hot! I hope you banged her  ;D
P

SS

• Getbig V
hahaha! another guy that uses big in their name, but's not!

where's your pic of your 300lb behind the neck press?

JasonH

• Getbig V
I knew that was coming up - like I said - I don't have any more pics of me lifting anything. If I did, I would post them because I'm not a coward and I back up my claims with photographic evidence. Where's your pics.

And by the way, I use "Big" in my username because I am - that picture was taken when I'd been out the gym for five months on a well deserved break; no training, no eating protein, no gear. Normally I weigh 235 but the heaviest I've been is 250. I weighed 200 there.

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
ummmm... bigJ when u gunna post a larger pic of ur avatar

SS

• Getbig V
I knew that was coming up - like I said - I don't have any more pics of me lifting anything. If I did, I would post them because I'm not a coward and I back up my claims with photographic evidence. Where's your pics.

And by the way, I use "Big" in my username because I am - that picture was taken when I'd been out the gym for five months on a well deserved break; no training, no eating protein, no gear. Normally I weigh 235 but the heaviest I've been is 250. I weighed 200 there.
hahahaha! I got 30lbs on you, and i don't consider myself big!
what does my pic have to do with you looking small ::)