Author Topic: BEST MR. OLYMPIA LINEUP EVER PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 17718 times)

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
BEST MR. OLYMPIA LINEUP EVER PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« on: November 27, 2006, 01:28:37 PM »
Who would you choose?
just push some weight!

AVBG

Re: BEST MR. OLYMPIA LINEUP EVER PIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2006, 01:33:56 PM »
Arnold
Sergio
Zane
Nubret
Franco

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2006, 01:36:48 PM »
I would choose Sergio. He has better proportions than Arnold, a smaller waist, and doesn't have hunched shoulders like Arnold.

body88

« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2006, 01:36:53 PM »
Arnold
Serge
Sergio
Zane
Franco

body88

« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2006, 01:37:53 PM »
I would choose Sergio. He has better proportions than Arnold, a smaller waist, and doesn't have hunched shoulders like Arnold.

Haha arnold is dwarfing him. With better condition. His shoulders are hunched because he is leaning forward. You are correct about the smaller waist. Sergio has an all around smaller frame. At least make sense when you post ::)

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2006, 01:40:26 PM »
arnold crushes everyone there... zanes arms look like toothpicks...

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2006, 01:44:49 PM »
King Arnold !

Darren Avey

• Getbig V
« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2006, 01:45:17 PM »
In a few years we can add you to that line up Alexxx !

Meltdown

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2006, 01:55:56 PM »
Just think Zanes toothpick arms beat Arnold once and got Zane 3 Mr Olympias.Not bad for a guy that weighed 175lb.No wonder the nickname Chemist belonged to him.It's hard to judge from a picture all in one line.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2006, 01:57:36 PM »
Haha arnold is dwarfing him. With better condition. His shoulders are hunched because he is leaning forward. You are correct about the smaller waist. Sergio has an all around smaller frame. At least make sense when you post

sure, Arnold is dwarfing Sergio. Maybe in the waist department. ::)

The thread starter asked us to choose someone based on a pic. I don't know how you can say Arnold has better conditioning b/c they look the same. Both have 4 pacs. Both have the same detail in their arms and delts. The only difference is that Arnold is flexing his quads while Sergio is not. I hope this post made sense to you.

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2006, 01:58:04 PM »
Just think Zanes toothpick arms beat Arnold once and got Zane 3 Mr Olympias.Not bad for a guy that weighed 175lb.No wonder the nickname Chemist belonged to him.It's hard to judge from a picture all in one line.

And its not to scale.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
  • www.LegendsOfBodybuilding.com
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2006, 02:52:20 PM »
Best line up ever in my opinion. You really can't judge a contest by guys just standing around in 1 pic and not flexing. If you see the other pics of that years Olympia , Sergio beats Arnold hands down. For a guy like Sergio, his height and weight, he has put on as much muscle as humanly possible. Now for Arnold, he is taller and weighs more and is naturally a bigger guy, but Sergio is matching Arnold in every pose and category and beating him. So I would say Sergio looks the best there and I would have given him this Olympia easy.

P.S. Serge Nubret abs looks awesome in that pic.

body88

« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2006, 02:52:42 PM »
sure, Arnold is dwarfing Sergio. Maybe in the waist department. ::)

The thread starter asked us to choose someone based on a pic. I don't know how you can say Arnold has better conditioning b/c they look the same. Both have 4 pacs. Both have the same detail in their arms and delts. The only difference is that Arnold is flexing his quads while Sergio is not. I hope this post made sense to you.

Haha , you are blind. Look how much bigger and more cut his legs are lol.  Chest , arms , lats all bigger. DWARFED. Arnolds waist was 33 - 34 inches contest. That is not big on a 6 foot 1 man Sergio claimed a 28 inch waist. It is more like 30 inches. Abnormally small. Maybe is Sergio got in shape he would have beat arnold more :D Cant get shredded eating pizza and coke.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2006, 02:58:51 PM »

Haha , you are blind. Look how much bigger and more cut his legs are lol.  Chest , arms , lats all bigger. DWARFED.

Arnold is flexing his legs. Arnold's Chest is bigger but that's it. Sergio has better lats, arms. Here is another pic from that same Olympia. Even Sergio's calves are bigger and longer.

NeoSeminole

• Getbig V
  • Ronnie > Dorian
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2006, 03:00:42 PM »

Haha, you are blind. Look how much bigger and more cut his legs are lol.  Chest , arms , lats all bigger. DWARFED.

I can't tell you if you are joking or not. Their quads are the same size in the pic, and Sergio's calves actually look bigger. Their chests and arms also look the same. However, Sergio's forearms appear even larger than Arnold's. I honestly don't know how you can say Arnold dwarfs him. They weighed about the same, and Arnold was 3-4" taller.

bigbalddaddy

• Getbig IV
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2006, 03:02:10 PM »
Serge all the way!!!!

Gord

• Getbig IV
  • Smile when you say that
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2006, 03:06:49 PM »
1972, Sergio at his best, Arnold not at his best, but still damn good.

Lies, damn lies and diets

Hulkster

• Getbig V
  • ND ran away from me
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2006, 03:11:26 PM »
This is my favorite olympia lineup pic ;D
Flower Boy Ran Away

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2006, 03:11:51 PM »

Haha , you are blind. Look how much bigger and more cut his legs are lol.  Chest , arms , lats all bigger. DWARFED. Arnolds waist was 33 - 34 inches contest. That is not big on a 6 foot 1 man Sergio claimed a 28 inch waist. It is more like 30 inches. Abnormally small. Maybe is Sergio got in shape he would have beat arnold more :D Cant get shredded eating pizza and coke.

Pizza and Coke, lol. You're taking that too literally. There is a member on this board that trained with Sergio and has been with him during his bodybuilding days. Sergio took things serious and ate junk food just like the rest of the bodybuilders did when it was not contest time. Remember this, Arnold was given and took the best supplements and "stuff" that money could buy. Uncle Joe supplied Arnold with all of his supplements. On the other hand, Sergio had to "earn" his money and was not fed with a silver spoon in his mouth like Arnold was. Sergio only used what "stuff" he could afford and only used what free supplements was given to him.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2006, 03:14:31 PM »
Pizza and Coke, lol. You're taking that too literally. There is a member on this board that trained with Sergio and has been with him during his bodybuilding days. Sergio took things serious and ate junk food just like the rest of the bodybuilders did when it was not contest time. Remember this, Arnold was given and took the best supplements and "stuff" that money could buy. Uncle Joe supplied Arnold with all of his supplements. On the other hand, Sergio had to "earn" his money and was not fed with a silver spoon in his mouth like Arnold was. Sergio only used what "stuff" he could afford and only used what free supplements was given to him.

Oh please you think that GARBAGE Weider was pushing back in the late 60s and early 70s actually did anything? Sergio was like Flex Wheeler he relied on his genetics to much and he could get away with that when facing guys like Chuck Sipes and Harold Poole but not Arnold , Arnold was more driven that Sergio and thats why he beat him.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #20 on: November 27, 2006, 03:19:06 PM »

Oliva's arms, legs, lats and shoulder width were the same size as Schwarzeneggers, on a smaller frame with a noticably smaller waist. Can't help you if you can't figure out that one guy's tensing and other's not.  ::)

body88

« Reply #21 on: November 27, 2006, 03:20:35 PM »
His legs are not the same size in that picture. Please stop with the nonsense. You are right about his arms. Although they look smaller in that picture.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: November 27, 2006, 03:21:12 PM »
Oliva's arms were the same size as Schwarzeneggers, on a smaller frame. Legs same thing. Lats same. Waist smaller.

Oh no one is doubting Sergio had a better structure , he looked fantastic ! but he wasn't as sharp as Arnold and that cost him.

Iceman1981

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: November 27, 2006, 03:22:55 PM »
Oh please you think that GARBAGE Weider was pushing back in the late 60s and early 70s actually did anything? Sergio was like Flex Wheeler he relied on his genetics to much and he could get away with that when facing guys like Chuck Sipes and Harold Poole but not Arnold , Arnold was more driven that Sergio and thats why he beat him.

Answer this my friend. If the stuff back then didn't do anything, then why did they even bother to take it? Arnold would have beat Sergio from '73 to '75 but not in '72. Sergio got robbed. Arnold admitted that it was all politics and that Sergio was the real winner. I was in Essen for God's sake. There not going to let a black man beat Arnold there. Come on. Read between the lines my friend.

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #24 on: November 27, 2006, 03:23:15 PM »
His legs are not the same size in that picture. Please stop with the nonsense.

What cave have you been living in? One of Schwarzenegger's least good areas was thigh size-decent quad size compensated for by good shape & cuts as well as proper posing, and non-existent hams. This time, notice that Schwarzenegger's feet are positioned outwards, creating a needed impression of size that wasn't there.

One other thing: Oliva was as big in most areas, but on a smaller frame = more muscle.