Author Topic: The science of superhuman strength  (Read 7667 times)

bald

• Getbig IV
  • Squat Till You Puke!
The science of superhuman strength
« on: November 30, 2006, 06:59:10 AM »
Did anybody catch this show last night on the science channel?  I caught the last 10 minutes or so, just wondering what the rest of the show was about?
W

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
Re: The science of superhuman strength
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2006, 07:18:11 AM »
They spent 20 minutes talking about how olympic lifters get into "the zone" before it degenerated into an anti-steroid crapfest. There was very little "science" behind any of it. The only thing interesting about the show was when they talked to Shane Hamman.
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

The Squadfather

• Getbig V
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2006, 07:21:22 AM »
was that the show with Shane Hamman in it?

JasonH

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2006, 08:25:38 AM »
Shane Hamman's a fat fuck.

body88

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2006, 08:27:25 AM »
They spent 20 minutes talking about how olympic lifters get into "the zone" before it degenerated into an anti-steroid crapfest. There was very little "science" behind any of it. The only thing interesting about the show was when they talked to Shane Hamman.

Who is the strongest human to ever live?

BEAST 8692

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2006, 08:54:54 AM »
ummm, dunno, shane hamman?

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2006, 08:56:55 AM »
Who is the strongest human to ever live?

Dan18's bench from 360 for 1 to 405 for 3 in less than 5 days time. If he keeps this pace up, he should be benching 1200 in no time.

kilojoule

• Getbig III
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2006, 09:09:04 AM »
Strongst man ever....Louis cyr...

figgs

• Getbig IV
  • from realization to infinity
« Reply #8 on: November 30, 2006, 10:04:46 AM »
YES! That was a great program, you missed out! There was a lot of pro BB footage, including Jay Cutler, Kevin Levrone, Dexter Jackson and more. I liked the powerlifting in it too. A great program for sure.
~

The Luke

• Getbig IV
  • What's that in the bushes?
« Reply #9 on: November 30, 2006, 10:15:44 AM »
The strongest human being who ever lived (that was somewhat reliably recorded) was the Roman Emperor Maximinus Thrax (Maximinus the Thracian). He was somewhere between 8'3'' and 8'6'' and weighed about 600 lbs (lean). His feets of strength are quite impressive; pulling people's arms and legs off and on one occassion decapitating a horse with one punch.

The Luke

danielson

• Getbig V
  • Basile likes young lads
« Reply #10 on: November 30, 2006, 10:19:02 AM »
The strongest human being who ever lived (that was somewhat reliably recorded) was the Roman Emperor Maximinus Thrax (Maximinus the Thracian). He was somewhere between 8'3'' and 8'6'' and weighed about 600 lbs (lean). His feets of strength are quite impressive; pulling people's arms and legs off and on one occassion decapitating a horse with one punch.

The Luke

Sure Luke ::) Got any pics?
E

dan18

• Getbig V
  • I DID WHAT I DID BECAUSE I DO WHAT I WANT.
« Reply #11 on: November 30, 2006, 10:25:19 AM »
Dan18's bench from 360 for 1 to 405 for 3 in less than 5 days time. If he keeps this pace up, he should be benching 1200 in no time.
Even after all the ass bangings you get 10 per hour, and still your able to walk to the bus at the end of your work day..I would have to say your the strongest
p

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #12 on: November 30, 2006, 10:33:42 AM »
Shane Hamman's a fat f**k.

He also has more athletic ability in his pinky finger than you have in your entire body. :-*

http://www.usolympicteam.com/26_828.htm
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

body88

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2006, 10:37:34 AM »
What are the limits of human strength? Was Kaz in the top 5? DO not know much about strength athletes.

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2006, 10:38:29 AM »
Sure Luke ::) Got any pics?

Google him.... lazy as the day is long.

The Luke

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2006, 10:40:56 AM »
Google him.... lazy as the day is long.

The Luke

What does this prove?
E

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2006, 10:50:58 AM »
Read one of the accounts of his life...

Different commentators argue the finer points of fact regarding his birth, nobility, administrative competence etc etc. However no one contents the strength and size claims... the guy was a monster.

The Luke

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2006, 10:57:32 AM »
Read one of the accounts of his life...

Different commentators argue the finer points of fact regarding his birth, nobility, administrative competence etc etc. However no one contents the strength and size claims... the guy was a monster.

The Luke
The North American Bigfoot or Sasquatches are known to have 'superhuman' strength from what I understand, right LUKE?

If you stand 6-7' and weight 300-400lbs I'd imagine you would, right?
?

The Luke

• Getbig IV
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2006, 11:19:11 AM »
But are Squatch actually human??

A large male Squatch (with a 20+ inch foot) would be as big as 9'6'' to 10'6'' and could weigh as much as 1,200 lb bodyweight and be up to 4' across at the shoulder. They probably possess strength somewhere around 20 times what a strong adult male human might have.

Imagine a big hairy dude who can bench 6,000 lbs; squat 8,000 lbs and deadlift a 10,000 lbs... now imagine being sat on an disused logging road around 4 am while something is walking around on the road about 500 feet from you muttering something you can't quite make out... imagine scuttling back to camp unable to see where you're going because you don't have a flashlight and can't see your hand in front of your face.

Now imagine driving out of there a couple of hours later (6.30 am) only to find that someone or something has bent a tree over the road in the middle of the night and plonked a 300 lb 8' length of tree trunk onto the branches in order to maintain the "arc" over the road. Whatever it was also left a pretty pungent rotten egg smell aswell.

That happened to me in the backwoods of British Colombia this summer past.

The Luke

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2006, 11:20:15 AM »
fuck that show they called creatin a steriod  ::)

danielson

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2006, 11:20:56 AM »

A large male Squatch (with a 20+ inch foot) would be as big as 9'6'' to 10'6'' and could weigh as much as 1,200 lb bodyweight and be up to 4' across at the shoulder. They probably possess strength somewhere around 20 times what a strong adult male human might have.

Imagine a big hairy dude who can bench 6,000 lbs; squat 8,000 lbs and deadlift a 10,000 lbs... now imagine being sat on an disused logging road around 4 am while something is walking around on the road about 500 feet from you muttering something you can't quite make out... imagine scuttling back to camp unable to see where you're going because you don't have a flashlight and can't see your hand in front of your face.

Now imagine driving out of there a couple of hours later (6.30 am) only to find that someone or something has bent a tree over the road in the middle of the night and plonked a 300 lb 8' length of tree trunk onto the branches in order to maintain the "arc" over the road. Whatever it was also left a pretty pungent rotten egg smell aswell.

The Luke

Imagine actually conversing with the guy who believes this shit on a message board ::)
E

warrior_code

• Getbig III
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2006, 11:21:55 AM »
fuck the strongest human, the strongest primate was gigantopithecus, it was around 3 meters tall and average 490kilos.  Too bad it went extinct.  

benchthis

• Getbig V
  • operation deep throat
« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2006, 11:23:18 AM »
Shane Hamman's a fat f**k.
 that fat fuck can do a standing back flip and is one of the most humble humans you will ever meet plus anyone who can sqaut 1000+ in my book regardless of weight is bad ass

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2006, 11:26:22 AM »

The Luke

You're a strange man, Luke. :-\
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2006, 11:28:43 AM »
 I believe you, LUKE.

I don't know if I ever told you this but a friend of my dad who lives in a cottage in northern Wisconsin...I havent seen him in YEARS but I clearly remember when I was about 12 or 13. It was before my freshman year I was up there with family friends etc...and he told us about how he has seen 'Bigfoot' a couple times before and he feeds it apples.

He said he remembers seeing it come on his land(heavily wooded area/brush) and described it as black like a gorilla but walks like we do(humans) but the face is lighter in color and it isnt fat like a gorilla. He said it comes out at night and makes howling-screeching noises (he imitated) sounded like a screeching pig but louder and more sharp.

he said he would chum apples all over his land and said once he put the apples on a part of a few different trees about 10' above the ground where an animal couldnt reach and a squirrel couldnt take away and said he'd come out the next day or two days later and they would be taken.

He then said to test...he would leave some apples in a basket or bucket, get a ladder and put it on a branch about 10-11' from the ground. Same thing...2-3 days later, apples taken OUT.

he doesnt have a neighbor for about a mile. It wasnt hunting season so it probably wasnt some guy taking them.

Cool, huh?
?