Author Topic: Burn Body Fat (Quickly)?  (Read 16308 times)

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
Re: Burn Body Fat (Quickly)?
« Reply #50 on: December 10, 2006, 01:57:04 AM »

Then why the hell did you title the thread   " Burn Body Fat (Quickly)?"

You came on here and asked for advice,and then when we give it to you...you don't want to hear it. Nobody told you what you wanted to hear so you got a little defensive. It is sort of annoying when someone asks for help and then rolls their eyes at the advice they are given.

haha, but come on, aren't ALL overweight women like this??

Everyone, no really EVERYONE that is fat and comes up to me for advise reacts the same.
You try to find kind words to tell them that they are probably eating to much, and they say no. You ask, well then, why are you overweight and they tell you that they drink 3 liters of coke every day, you tell them to lay off the sugar and they go mad.

They don't want to hear it. They ask for advice for losing fat and then tell you they feel perfectly fine the way they are and that they are confident.  ;D ;D

Oh boy, i hate fat people.
Where's the Showstoppa when you need him?

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #51 on: December 10, 2006, 02:01:37 AM »
Where's the Showstoppa when you need him?

probably eating.

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #52 on: December 10, 2006, 04:21:34 AM »

Then why the hell did you title the thread   " Burn Body Fat (Quickly)?"

If you noticed in one of my most recent posts; I stated that I would be more mindful of how word my questions.

Next time I will be more mindful of how I phrase a question, I am not looking for a quick fix. I am looking for best practices from experienced people; routines & nutrition habits that have been tried & true. I have chosen to change my lifestyle overall, not just to look good for one summer.

I continue to be open to all constructive criticism! :-*

You came on here and asked for advice,and then when we give it to you...you don't want to hear it. Nobody told you what you wanted to hear so you got a little defensive. It is sort of annoying when someone asks for help and then rolls their eyes at the advice they are given.

I didn't ask for personal critiques about my body; my intention was to ask for nutritional advice, workout routine advice that has been proven to be effective for getting into shape. I have gotten a TON of GREAT ADVICE & then I have gotten a lot FAT JOKES & WISE CRACKS. ???

I became defensive because of the personal attacks, not because of the supplement advice or the mention of cardio and eating habit changes. I know I need to change my eating habits & workout; I want suggestions on:

What the best foods/healthiest suggestions are to eat?

The best times of day to eat?

If I should eat carbs?

If I do eat carbs, when should I stop?

Since I am a beginner, what fitness regimen is recommended?

How much cardio should be done & how often?

Menu ideas for a full day, how have some of you changed your eating habits; what are you eating for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks?

These are the types of questions I have & quite a few of you have already answered some of these questions already. I appreciate that. ;)

I was not intending to come off as an asshole, but when you have people telling things that you know are not true about yourself; what do you do?

I am not in shape & I am not in denial about it. So NO, I did not need the Peanut Gallery's personal opinions about my size; I need advice and suggestions to make positive and healthy changes.

Once again, for those of you who just answered the question and gave me ADVICE & SUGGESTIONS that I can apply to changing my body; THANK YOU ALL!!! :D

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #53 on: December 10, 2006, 06:13:07 AM »
A piece of advice for you: Get a ricecooker. Next best thing to sex.

Question: What's with the ricecooker? I have seen several mentions of a ricecooker on different boards.

Another Question: What exactly is ECA Stack? What is it used for and how do you use it? Someone suggested that I use it. I do know that the "E" is for Ephedrine & the "C" is for Caffeine"; I thought Ephedrine & Caffeine were similar? ??? I still haven't figured out the "A".

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 10, 2006, 08:42:49 AM »
Question: What's with the ricecooker? I have seen several mentions of a ricecooker on different boards.

Another Question: What exactly is ECA Stack? What is it used for and how do you use it? Someone suggested that I use it. I do know that the "E" is for Ephedrine & the "C" is for Caffeine"; I thought Ephedrine & Caffeine were similar? ??? I still haven't figured out the "A".

HELL!!!

Forget about the ECA!!!
It's hard on your heart. Forget it, it's for experienced people, not overweight beginners.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #55 on: December 10, 2006, 08:50:11 AM »
I

What the best foods/healthiest suggestions are to eat? Lots of lean protein like chicken, tofu; unsaturated fatty acids from fish, avocado; lots of vegetables like broccoli, eggplant, zucchini, ...

The best times of day to eat? six to eight small meals a day, eat every 3 hours at least

If I should eat carbs? If you want to lose weight, cut the carbs. Absolutely NO pasta, no white bread, NO sugar. Brown rice, oatmeal, full wheat bread, quinoa, if you want pasta, then japanese soba are fine

If I do eat carbs, when should I stop? When should i stop?? Don't start, then you don't have to stop

Since I am a beginner, what fitness regimen is recommended? middle intensity, 10-12 reps. work whole body about twice in ten days, means split body into training A and B, then do it 3 times a week alternating.

How much cardio should be done & how often? 4-5 times a week, medium intensity 3-40mins

Menu ideas for a full day, how have some of you changed your eating habits; what are you eating for Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner & Snacks?
maybe later

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #56 on: December 10, 2006, 09:34:59 AM »
I

What the best foods/healthiest suggestions are to eat? Lots of lean protein like chicken, tofu; unsaturated fatty acids from fish, avocado; lots of vegetables like broccoli, eggplant, zucchini, ...

The best times of day to eat? six to eight small meals a day, eat every 3 hours at least

If I should eat carbs? If you want to lose weight, cut the carbs. Absolutely NO pasta, no white bread, NO sugar. Brown rice, oatmeal, full wheat bread, quinoa, if you want pasta, then japanese soba are fine

If I do eat carbs, when should I stop? When should i stop?? Don't start, then you don't have to stop

Since I am a beginner, what fitness regimen is recommended? middle intensity, 10-12 reps. work whole body about twice in ten days, means split body into training A and B, then do it 3 times a week alternating.

How much cardio should be done & how often? 4-5 times a week, medium intensity 3-40mins

maybe later

Thank you!!! ;)

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 10, 2006, 10:02:47 AM »

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #58 on: December 10, 2006, 11:10:28 AM »
I

maybe later

I disagree with cutting carbs.

Instead: Make sure the carbs you get are good, slowly digesting. Such as brown rice, quinoa, and every now and then whole-grain rice. Adding plenty of veggies to the diet.

That's why I mentioned the ricecooker. It will help you get into the habit of eating brown rice often. ;D

Hedge
As empty as paradise

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #59 on: December 10, 2006, 01:39:54 PM »
Allright, i´m not into spoonfeeding, but here goes...

When you wake up take BCAA (branched chain amino acids) go for a 30-45 min walk (outdoors is better, for the air).

When you come home eat you´re first meal:6 egg whites, bowl of oatmeal, glass of orange juice+multivitamin, fishoil and extra vitamin-c (1000mg)

+3 hours:
lunch:
chicken breast, salad, water

+3 hours:
1 cup cottage cheese, 1 apple (don´t peel it), water

+1-2 hours:
workout: 2 body parts day 3 exercises/3 sets per exercise
Monday: shoulders, bi´s, abb´s
Tuesday: legs
Wednesday: off
Thursday: chest+tris
Friday: back+calves+abb´s
after workout:
post workout shake (50 grams maltodextrin+50 whey isolate)

+1 hour
small beef steak+ cup of rice

+ 2 hours
1 cup of allmonds

SLEEP!

Repeat, NO cheating!

Ps. As a thank´s you could send me "a home movie"
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #60 on: December 10, 2006, 03:25:10 PM »

1 cup of allmonds

Is that a typo???

That's about 550 calories and about 50 grams of fat  :o
:

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2006, 03:45:55 PM »
VERY SMALL CUP!

I should have been more accurate, of course i didn´t mean a "small bowl" like one would eat rice but more like a handfull (50 grams). I guess a "cup" isn´t so accurate...
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Cerberus2k7

• Getbig II
« Reply #62 on: December 10, 2006, 04:10:55 PM »
Well, i'm sure as you have probably seen/read, its good to eat a lot, but small meals, throughout the day.  Easier for your body to burn it all off without there being any excess to turn into fat.  Also, whenever I stop seeing progress or start to get into a slump as to why i'm not losing weight anymore, I just reflect on the quote "You didnt get fat overnight, you wont lose it overnight."  Key is to stay on track.  When you don't want to run or do anything active is when you need to move your ass and force yourself to do it.  And the rest of your day will seem just that much brighter.

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #63 on: December 10, 2006, 09:10:19 PM »

This really would not be practical for her.  Someone of her size is going to be in the 1200 calorie range.  I suggest she try this simple method to get started (tweak later).  Use a 10/20/30 plan (not absolute, but a general range).  10g fat / 20g protein / 30g carb per meal.  Figure 4 meals - each 10/20/30.  Take one meal and divide it in half.  Eat 3 meals and the divided meal as 2 snacks.
:

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #64 on: December 11, 2006, 04:11:52 AM »
Allright, i´m not into spoonfeeding, but here goes...

When you wake up take BCAA (branched chain amino acids) go for a 30-45 min walk (outdoors is better, for the air).

When you come home eat you´re first meal:6 egg whites, bowl of oatmeal, glass of orange juice+multivitamin, fishoil and extra vitamin-c (1000mg)

+3 hours:
lunch:
chicken breast, salad, water

+3 hours:
1 cup cottage cheese, 1 apple (don´t peel it), water

+1-2 hours:
workout: 2 body parts day 3 exercises/3 sets per exercise
Monday: shoulders, bi´s, abb´s
Tuesday: legs
Wednesday: off
Thursday: chest+tris
Friday: back+calves+abb´s
after workout:
post workout shake (50 grams maltodextrin+50 whey isolate)

+1 hour
small beef steak+ cup of rice

+ 2 hours
1 cup of allmonds

SLEEP!

Repeat, NO cheating!

Ps. As a thank´s you could send me "a home movie"

Thanks for the info!! Why do you say to workout in the afternoon/early evening, I thought it was better first thing in the morning?
What do you mean by "home movie"? ???

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #65 on: December 11, 2006, 04:15:02 AM »
Well, i'm sure as you have probably seen/read, its good to eat a lot, but small meals, throughout the day.  Easier for your body to burn it all off without there being any excess to turn into fat.  Also, whenever I stop seeing progress or start to get into a slump as to why i'm not losing weight anymore, I just reflect on the quote "You didnt get fat overnight, you wont lose it overnight."  Key is to stay on track.  When you don't want to run or do anything active is when you need to move your ass and force yourself to do it.  And the rest of your day will seem just that much brighter.

Thanks, for the motivating sentiment; I have been working on being more patient. ;)

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #66 on: December 11, 2006, 04:24:30 AM »
This really would not be practical for her.  Someone of her size is going to be in the 1200 calorie range.  I suggest she try this simple method to get started (tweak later).  Use a 10/20/30 plan (not absolute, but a general range).  10g fat / 20g protein / 30g carb per meal.  Figure 4 meals - each 10/20/30.  Take one meal and divide it in half.  Eat 3 meals and the divided meal as 2 snacks.

Wouldn't this method be the equivalent to eating something every 3 hours? What do you use to measure the fats/proteins/carbs? I read a book called "The 3-Hour Diet" by Jorge Cruse and this is similar to what he was taking about in his book. I appreciate the info, just help me to comprehend better what you are suggesting.

Thanks,
Mimi6

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #67 on: December 11, 2006, 07:17:00 AM »
You´ll do you´re cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach +bcaa´s and by afternoon/early evening you have had enough fuel to lift heavy weights. Morning=burn fat evening=build muscle. (In a nutshell)
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Princess L

• Getbig V
  • I stop for turtles
« Reply #68 on: December 11, 2006, 08:22:24 PM »
I disagree with cutting carbs.

Instead: Make sure the carbs you get are good, slowly digesting. Such as brown rice, quinoa, and every now and then whole-grain rice, oatmeal, yam.... Adding plenty of veggies to the diet.

^Agree

Wouldn't this method be the equivalent to eating something every 3 hours? What do you use to measure the fats/proteins/carbs? I read a book called "The 3-Hour Diet" by Jorge Cruse and this is similar to what he was taking about in his book. I appreciate the info, just help me to comprehend better what you are suggesting.

Thanks,
Mimi6

As long as that "something" includes fat, protein, carbs within the 10-20-30 guideline (it would be 5-10-15 for a snack).

Netzer puts out a fairly comprehensive paperback of food counts.  Put it on your X-mas list  ;)  Use a digital scale to weigh portions.  Another great X-mas gift.

A typical breakfast which would fit the above profile would be:

4 egg whites and 1 whole egg omlette with your choice of veggies (diced peppers, onions, etc.) cooked in 1 teaspoon olive oil
approx. 21g protein - 10g fat

2/3 C cooked oatmeal (steel cut is best)
approx. 18g carb

1 C strawberries
approx. 10 carb

A typical snack could be:
A stick of string cheese and about a cup (20) of grapes
approx. 5g fat 9g protein, 16g carbs

I thought it was better first thing in the morning?

The best time is when you will do it consistantly.
:

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2006, 04:52:18 AM »
You´ll do you´re cardio first thing in the morning on an empty stomach +bcaa´s and by afternoon/early evening you have had enough fuel to lift heavy weights. Morning=burn fat evening=build muscle. (In a nutshell)

Okay, now would I do this everyday (7 days a week)? Or, cardio everyday & lift heavy every other day?

Good info ;D

Thanks

Mimi6

• Getbig II
  • "I want 2 B Curvy"
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2006, 04:58:44 AM »

As long as that "something" includes fat, protein, carbs within the 10-20-30 guideline (it would be 5-10-15 for a snack).

Netzer puts out a fairly comprehensive paperback of food counts.  Put it on your X-mas list  ;)  Use a digital scale to weigh portions.  Another great X-mas gift.

A typical breakfast which would fit the above profile would be:

4 egg whites and 1 whole egg omlette with your choice of veggies (diced peppers, onions, etc.) cooked in 1 teaspoon olive oil
approx. 21g protein - 10g fat

2/3 C cooked oatmeal (steel cut is best)
approx. 18g carb

1 C strawberries
approx. 10 carb

A typical snack could be:
A stick of string cheese and about a cup (20) of grapes
approx. 5g fat 9g protein, 16g carbs

I think I am beginning to see what you are saying, I think I could do this. I have been trying to eat every 3 hours, but I am on the go a lot. It is probably easier for me to lift in the evening that way my husband can spot me, I usually lift in the mornings after he is gone to work.

Question: What do you suggest as a replacement for Oatmeal; I can't stand oatmeal? :-X

I am going to look for the book you suggested, Thanks ;D

Luolamies

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2006, 05:44:53 AM »
Lift weights:
Monday
Tuesday

Thursday
Friday

Cardio:
4-6 days a week, if on some days you can´t do you´re cardio in the morning do it after you´re workout (weights) then have you´re post workout shake.
TEST+DECA+DBOL=BIG

Karl Kox

• Getbig V
  • There's no Kayfabe in the business anymore.
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2006, 05:39:05 PM »
Does anyone know the best way to get rid of (burn) body fat quickly without losing lean muscle?

u did not get fat quickly so you won't get un fat quickly

BuffGoddess

• Competitors
  • Getbig III
  • Failure is not an option, train hard, get big.
« Reply #73 on: December 13, 2006, 12:22:08 AM »
Okay here's the answer you have been looking for. Pre contest I use this method of cardio to burn fat off my body with amazing results. It's called interval training. Do you have 35 minutes to devote to cardio? First you want to start out with a 5 MINUTE warm up. About 2 1/2 minutes into the warm-up start working towards your first work phase. This is calculated as 65% of your predicted max heart rate. You will maintain this from the 5 minute mark to the 10 minute mark. Then you'll go to your 2nd work phase of 85% of your predicted max heart rate. Hold this at 10 minute to 15 minute mark. At 15 minute mark you will drop back down to your phase 1 work level which is 65% of your predicted max heart rate. You will do 3 cycles of this. The last 5 minutes will be a cool down. Done correctly, this method burns fat and preserves your muscle, thus leaving you lean with full muscle bellies. If you east somthing at night you shouldn't have, do 15 minutes of cardio before eating in the morning... Let me know how it works out for you!

rockyfortune

• Getbig IV
  • "look, it's the drunk piano player."
« Reply #74 on: December 13, 2006, 04:44:28 AM »
what is your exercise and diet routine right now...there are plenty of answers to losing fat and muscling up but what are YOU willing to do?  So many people want to dump pills down there throat and get skinny but are unwilling to go to the gym and move their ass....you don't need supplements, you don't need pills, you don't need ECA stacks...you need motivation and a desire to achieve what you set out to do...you want to lose fat and gain muscle? get a gym membership...and go four to five nights a week for the rest of your life..you'll see phenomenal changes in no time at all...if you don't know anything about the exercises buy a book...or watch a training video.  You have someone giving you 65% of your predicted max heart rate...85% of your blah, blah, blah...and then you take your MAX OT and divide it by your predicted rep/max range...jesus..get on the treadmill, turn it up to 5.0 and run, run, run, and run...get to the market...and buy salad, lean meats, and cut your sugar and garbage food intake..it's simple as that...and you don't need the MAX OT bullshit, and a scientific calculator to figure it out.
footloose and fancy free