Author Topic: Sergio 1976 - 1985  (Read 41397 times)

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
  • Go back to making jewelry and cakes with your girl
Re: Sergio 1976 - 1985
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2006, 05:46:03 PM »
Fair enough, although I would say that Sergio had the better arms.  They may have lacked peak but they were long and full and looked like two footballs.  The rest I can agree that Arnold had over Sergio.

Sergio had much better triceps and forearms ! but his biceps were behind Arnolds.

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2006, 05:48:09 PM »
Oliva was too thick skinned to look conditioned.  Arnold had better lat width while surrendering taper to Sergio.  Arnold's arms were massive as was the rest of the upper body.  He accomplished alot with his physique during his reign and then after he trained with Jones he got better.
Squishy face retard

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2006, 05:50:15 PM »
I guess it might be preference but he appears more massive to me.
Squishy face retard

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: December 12, 2006, 05:52:05 PM »
Breaking down individual areas is a weak strategy for overlooking Oliva's HUGE advantages in taper, balance and overall size, which are some of the most fundamental elements.

As far as conditioning, this is a convenient rationalization because Oliva was in shape when it counted-exactly why his challenge to Schwarzenegger sitting in the audience was refused at a neutral contest.

LMFAO man you're so stupid idiot it was NOT a ' neutral ' contest it was a IFBB contest the Mr International in 1973 and get this he wasn't himself either he was just 218 pounds according to Sergio himself ! and he tried to call out Arnold at a contest he trianed for while Arnold was in the final stages of prep for the 1973 Mr Olympia , Sergio thought if he could catch an off Arnold he would have a better chance at beating him and here is the best part Sergio was invited to see who the Worlds Best Built Man was at the 1973 Mr Olympia a month later and HE DECLINED he refused to compete with Arnold , he wanted Arnold now

points to ponder Arnold beat Sergio THREE times previously and Bill Pearl OUTRIGHT beat Sergio in 1971 while Sergio was training with Arther Jones NO LESS !! and here is the best part you can't cry " Weider Politics " because it was an N.A.B.B.A. contest which Joe had ZERO control over , you have nothing for me pumpster .

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #54 on: December 12, 2006, 05:53:18 PM »
LMFAO man you're so stupid idiot it was NOT a ' neutral ' contest it was a IFBB contest the Mr International in 1973 and get this he wasn't himself either he was just 218 pounds according to Sergio himself ! and he tried to call out Arnold at a contest he trianed for while Arnold was in the final stages of prep for the 1973 Mr Olympia , Sergio thought if he could catch an off Arnold he would have a better chance at beating him and here is the best part Sergio was invited to see who the Worlds Best Built Man was at the 1973 Mr Olympia a month later and HE DECLINED he refused to compete with Arnold , he wanted Arnold now

points to ponder Arnold beat Sergio THREE times previously and Bill Pearl OUTRIGHT beat Sergio in 1971 while Sergio was training with Arther Jones NO LESS !! and here is the best part you can't cry " Weider Politics " because it was an N.A.B.B.A. contest which Joe had ZERO control over , you have nothing for me pumpster .

Pumpster owned yet again 8)

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #55 on: December 12, 2006, 05:56:43 PM »
Oliva was too thick skinned to look conditioned.  Arnold had better lat width while surrendering taper to Sergio.  Arnold's arms were massive as was the rest of the upper body.  He accomplished alot with his physique during his reign and then after he trained with Jones he got better.

Interesting- both didn't have extraordinarily wide lats but today's standards. ND, Matt, who do you think ahd wider lats?

pumpster

• Getbig V
  • If you're reading this you have too much free time
« Reply #56 on: December 12, 2006, 05:59:58 PM »
Pumpster owned yet again 8)

Pubes, ND's trained seal in on cue, with absolutely nothing to say as always.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #57 on: December 12, 2006, 06:03:05 PM »

Interesting- both didn't have extraordinarily wide lats but today's standards. ND, Matt, who do you think ahd wider lats?

I would say Sergio and his latspread was more impressive .

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #58 on: December 12, 2006, 06:03:05 PM »
The fundamental problem is that BBs outside of the Weider sphere of influence really didn't get much good exposure in the 1970s, either in monthly magazine coverage or unfortunately, in Pumping Iron, which unnecessarily departed from the more accurate depiction of BB in the book.

Even a few minutes of training footage of Oliva, Nubret, Robinson & Padilla for example, would've allowed them to be recorded on even footing with Weider's stars for posterity. It was decided to make the movie deliberately Weider-centric.

As a result, everyone has vivid footage of Schwarzenegger in top shape, but not anything comparable of Oliva or Nubret. Oliva in particular we're left with precious little quality photography or video from which to make fair comparisons.

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: December 12, 2006, 06:04:29 PM »
Here is pumpster psyching up to do a monster set of bench presses on his bowflex hahahahahahah ahahahahahah

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #60 on: December 12, 2006, 06:05:39 PM »
Here is pumpster psyching up to do a monster set of bench presses on his bowflex hahahahahahah ahahahahahah

hahahahahah man this is like 5-year old shit.

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #61 on: December 12, 2006, 06:06:13 PM »
LMAO let's watch in bemusement as Pubes & ND hijack their own thread too, in juvenile fashion once again. hahaahahahahahaahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaahah ahahah

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2006, 06:07:03 PM »
pumpster OWNED hahahahah ahahahaha .....

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2006, 06:08:16 PM »
pumpster OWNED hahahahah ahahahaha .....

That means alot, the 252nd time around dumbass...no originality whatsoever hahahaahahahahahahahahah

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2006, 06:09:15 PM »

look at that faggola...hahahahahahaha hah faggola hahaha

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: December 12, 2006, 06:09:19 PM »
The fundamental problem is that BBs outside of the Weider sphere of influence really didn't get much good exposure, either in mags or unfortunately in Pumping Iron, which unnecessarily departed from a more accurate depiction of BB in the book.

Even a few minutes of training footage of Oliva, Nubret, Robinson & Padilla for example, would've allowed them far more even footing with Weider's stars. IMO it was decided to make the movie deliberately Weider-centric. As a result, everyone has vivid footage of Schwarzenegger but not anything comparable of a comparable Oliva or Nubret.

Thats nonsense there were plenty of other magazines on the world of bodybuilding ever back then , Strenght & Health , Ironman , Musclar Development , MuscleMag International all NONE WEIDER publications

Oliva choose to leave the IFBB an compete in the WGGB and for this he was suspended he thought the grass was greener on the other side and paid the price for it , he did return to the IFBB just like everyone else with the exception of Kal .

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #66 on: December 12, 2006, 06:10:11 PM »

Why don't the 2 dumbasses ND & Pubes hijack another 2 pages of the thread? hahahaahahahahahahahah

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: December 12, 2006, 06:10:24 PM »
ND, what are your thoughts on how pumpster is psyching up to do a monster set of bench presses on his bowflex?

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #68 on: December 12, 2006, 06:10:49 PM »
LMAO let's watch in bemusement as Pubes & ND hijack their own thread too, in juvenile fashion once again. hahaahahahahahaahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahaahah ahahah

I didn't highjack this thread , moron I posted pics of Sergio and I fucking demoralized your dumbass for your ignorant rant , so know your role because you are now MY BITCH !

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #69 on: December 12, 2006, 06:11:33 PM »
Thats nonsense there were plenty of other magazines on the world of bodybuilding ever back then , Strenght & Health , Ironman , Musclar Development , MuscleMag International all NONE WEIDER publications

Oliva choose to leave the IFBB an compete in the WGGB and for this he was suspended he thought the grass was greener on the other side and paid the price for it , he did return to the IFBB just like everyone else with the exception of Kal .

In that case, let us know where the Oliva & Nubret movie training & interview footage is. Watching that movie you'd never have known there were any other serious competitors in the rest of the world.

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #70 on: December 12, 2006, 06:12:34 PM »

Why don't the 2 dumbasses ND & Pubes hijack another 2 pages of the thread? hahahaahahahahahahahah

And you're the one who after getting owned started posting a pic of a Seal , you highjacked this thread after getting a litteral beatdown

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #71 on: December 12, 2006, 06:12:35 PM »
I didn't highjack this thread , moron I posted pics of Sergio and I fucking demoralized your dumbass for your ignorant rant , so know your role because you are now MY BITCH !

You're a laughing stock with endless thread hijacks. Brainless little baby should hijack 2 more pages and post pics of the Bowflexes he's trying to sell. LMAO

NarcissisticDeity

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: December 12, 2006, 06:13:33 PM »

You're a laughing stock with endless thread hijacks. Brainless little baby.

I didn't highjack this thread you did , you posted a picture of a seal , I posted several pictures of Sergio , you're a moron and its easy to mentally rape you .

pumpster

• Getbig V
« Reply #73 on: December 12, 2006, 06:14:43 PM »
I didn't highjack this thread you did , you posted a picture of a seal , I posted several pictures of Sergio , you're a moron and its easy to mentally rape you .

Your bitch Pubes posted something-more selective memory from a weirdo.

Hurry, hijack another 2 pages with juvenile idiocies...hurry..

pobrecito

• Getbig V
« Reply #74 on: December 12, 2006, 06:18:06 PM »
Your bitch Pubes posted something-more selective memory from a weirdo.

Hurry, hijack another 2 pages with juvenile idiocies...hurry..

watching you be mentally raped is very funny.

Keep up the good work ND 8)