Author Topic: Jay's Win at the O...  (Read 6036 times)

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
Re: Jay's Win at the O...
« Reply #25 on: December 13, 2006, 05:38:23 AM »
Jay went in and took the title.  He deserved the victory and worked hard for it, just the way it was that day and for the GPs.  Big Ron has won before and beat Jay, but not right now.

BM OUT

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2006, 05:40:13 AM »
My question is why is Ronnie scored down for the asymetry in his back but Jat never gets scored down for one quad being two inches bigger then the other?Why is Jay never scored down for his thick wide waist?Thin skin is supposed to part[a small part]to be part of the sport.Ronnie seems to be judged with a completely different standard then Jay.Its clear the powers that be wanted a change.The fact that Ronnie got screwed at the Dutch show shows that.

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #27 on: December 13, 2006, 05:40:50 AM »
I don't blame Jay for looking the way he does I just don't accept him as Mr. O. He looks like a giant lopsided garbage can. I really think it is not as much the judging but the influences behind the judging, they look for the well known names, popular and sponsor backed competitors and place them highest regardless of their condition on stage.

lots of things contribute that have nothing to do with who has the best body onstage.  Like I said when Rockel, Henry, Alves, Dugdale and guys like that can't even place or qualify it kinda makes me think.  Ths sport was it's most popular in the early 90's when guys like Labrada, Ray and Wheeler were top names and they had the same look as the guys I mentioned.  Why not push that look and see what happens?  It can't get any worse.

Jay went in and took the title.  He deserved the victory and worked hard for it, just the way it was that day and for the GPs.  Big Ron has won before and beat Jay, but not right now.

very true.  Jay did what Jay had to do, I respect him for that jsut like I respected Ron when he won his first few olympia's...I only lost respect for him when he started looking like a pop can with arms and legs.
nasser=piece of shit

Monster_Everything

• Getbig IV
  • WOW, he REALLY just said that? (looks at camera)
« Reply #28 on: December 13, 2006, 05:45:30 AM »
It was a good thing ....

for chris dickerson cause now there is a new all time worst Mr. O
The Number 2 in Scranton

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2006, 05:53:09 AM »
Everyone fails to see that Ronnie's body has taken a beating because of all the drugs he took.  Look at his Lats as well as his sunken bitch tits.

Jay will win for the next 3 yrs.
Most are all show no go!

DK II

• Getbig V
  • Call me 4 steroids: 571-332-2588 or 571-249-4163
« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2006, 05:58:46 AM »
yea your kidding but there some truth to that, it should be more like a pageant. Their character and how they conduct themselves off the stage should be taken into account as well, thats the MR. part in Mr. Olympia.. How to judge that Im not sure. Maybe an interview type thing. Hell they already have the bathing suit part. And Chick carrys the evening wear part with his discount silk Italian shirts.

hahahaaaa, are you stupid??

This is bodybuilding, not a intelligence contest.
Most bodybuilders would fail a 3rd grade exam.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #31 on: December 13, 2006, 05:59:35 AM »
Everyone fails to see that Ronnie's body has taken a beating because of all the drugs he took.  Look at his Lats as well as his sunken bitch tits.

Jay will win for the next 3 yrs.
actually jay will win for 2 more years and then retire.he said in flex mag that is not interested in winning in 7 or 8 times..he will retire after 2008..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #32 on: December 13, 2006, 06:01:30 AM »
It was a good thing ....

oh shut up jj you shit....
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #33 on: December 13, 2006, 06:07:38 AM »
hahahaaaa, are you stupid??

This is bodybuilding, not a intelligence contest.
Most bodybuilders would fail a 3rd grade exam.

don't you think that's part of the problem with the way people view BB? 
nasser=piece of shit

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: December 13, 2006, 06:09:07 AM »
don't you think that's part of the problem with the way people view BB? 

don't you think that there is some reality to this?

bodybuilder's aren't exactly rocket scientists.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #35 on: December 13, 2006, 06:15:56 AM »
don't you think that there is some reality to this?

bodybuilder's aren't exactly rocket scientists.

yeah but they can still talk with some sort of intelligence don't ya think.  Listen to old interviews of Labrada or Shawn Ray...even thought he comes off as an ass on this site he still projected himself well.  Levrone could, Vince Taylor could.  Why is it so hard for guys to be aware that they are public figures and like it or not they represent BB, if they talk like a bunch of idiots on TV or radio you're gonna have people perceive all of BB as a bunch of idiots.  If you talk like you have some intelligence maybe people will stop thinking all BB are morons.
nasser=piece of shit

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #36 on: December 13, 2006, 06:21:11 AM »
yeah but they can still talk with some sort of intelligence don't ya think.  Listen to old interviews of Labrada or Shawn Ray...even thought he comes off as an ass on this site he still projected himself well.  Levrone could, Vince Taylor could.  Why is it so hard for guys to be aware that they are public figures and like it or not they represent BB, if they talk like a bunch of idiots on TV or radio you're gonna have people perceive all of BB as a bunch of idiots.  If you talk like you have some intelligence maybe people will stop thinking all BB are morons.

Ok, maybe you could name a few who could talk like they WERE intelligent. The ones that actually have brains are even less.

To me, it's a fact. Listen to professional bodybuilders. 95% of them are dumb as fuck. Just watch the DVDs, there's nothing entertaining about most guys.
Jay Cutler has as much personality as a white sheet of paper, Ronnie Coleman looks like an action doll that repeats only 5 sentences. Nealry the same can be said about most of these guys.

djohnsen

• Getbig II
« Reply #37 on: December 13, 2006, 06:21:29 AM »
Good question!

IMO, Jay is a good winner. Solid physique.
He have been the nr 2 guy for many years now.

But...  Jay as a Mr. O physique is a step in a good direction,
thats another question. Jay is the best mass monster out
there right now. Victor Martinez would cleary been a step
in a good direction.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
« Reply #38 on: December 13, 2006, 06:26:00 AM »
Ok, maybe you could name a few who could talk like they WERE intelligent. The ones that actually have brains are even less.

To me, it's a fact. Listen to professional bodybuilders. 95% of them are dumb as f**k. Just watch the DVDs, there's nothing entertaining about most guys.
Jay Cutler has as much personality as a white sheet of paper, Ronnie Coleman looks like an action doll that repeats only 5 sentences. Nealry the same can be said about most of these guys.
haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaahahah...'ronnie coleman looks like an action doll that repeats only 5 sentences'...mmmmmmmmmmuuuuuuuuuuu uuuuuuuuuhahahahahaaaaaa aaaaaaaaa..very true..hahahahhhaah
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #39 on: December 13, 2006, 06:45:38 AM »
"The standards that are in place are the problem not Jay, Jay did what Jay had to do to win"

-----------------------------------

I agree with this 100%.  The standard needs to change for the good of the athletes and the sport.  Dexter and Victor look better than Ronnie and Jay.  Everyone has been chasing mass the last 10 yrs and physiques are loosing a quality look.  Listen to what Serge is saying on his thread.  By setting the standard, the BBers will adjust other variables.

MikeThaMachine

• Getbig V
  • WTF Happened, BBing Is Dead. I Didn't Miss A Thing
« Reply #40 on: December 13, 2006, 07:37:38 AM »
It was a good thing ....

Funny thing is I have been thinking the same exact thing.
I

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #41 on: December 13, 2006, 07:38:37 AM »
Shadow....how can you hate on Ronnie, and want to butt fuck Jay because they have the exact same type of physique...  that just show how ignorant you are...

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #42 on: December 13, 2006, 08:01:24 AM »
I think Jay is a great guy. I met him last summer and he gave me a free signed pic. He was very talkative when I asked him questions. People say he is boring and has no personality. Not true. He answered questions and posed in pics w/gym members. When I was working at the gym when I met him, he came in and asked where we keep the heavy weights and told me to put in some snoop dog.

Physique wise, he is 5'9 and 274lbs onstage. Kinda hard to stand next to that, even for Ronnie. Im guessing he will be 276-280lbs next year. If he is, He will win again. He is improving and Ronnie isnt.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: December 13, 2006, 08:06:16 AM »
I think Jay is a great guy. I met him last summer and he gave me a free signed pic. He was very talkative when I asked him questions. People say he is boring and has no personality. Not true. He answered questions and posed in pics w/gym members. When I was working at the gym when I met him, he came in and asked where we keep the heavy weights and told me to put in some snoop dog.

Physique wise, he is 5'9 and 274lbs onstage. Kinda hard to stand next to that, even for Ronnie. Im guessing he will be 276-280lbs next year. If he is, He will win again. He is improving and Ronnie isnt.

So what were you talking about?

international politics?

european 'cuisine'?

rocket science?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #44 on: December 13, 2006, 08:08:39 AM »
So what were you talking about?

international politics?

european 'cuisine'?

rocket science?

Fat Joe, Ronnie Coleman, Phil Heath

Others talked to him about Raider's Football.

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #45 on: December 13, 2006, 08:10:59 AM »

nobody is debating on whether Jay is a nice guy or a good guy, but what we are saying is the judges need to induce some sort of change or bodybuilding will turn into mass building....and we don't want that.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #46 on: December 13, 2006, 08:11:41 AM »
Fat Joe, Ronnie Coleman, Phil Heath

Others talked to him about Raider's Football.

So you were talking about Rap music, bodybuilding and football?

See, that's what i'd say is all Jay can talk about.

Some call it focused, some call it stupid.

You be the judge.

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #47 on: December 13, 2006, 08:14:25 AM »
So you were talking about Rap music, bodybuilding and football?

See, that's what i'd say is all Jay can talk about.

Some call it focused, some call it stupid.

You be the judge.

dude relax, he was training and chatting between sets. he was having a good time.

Arnold did the same thing.

DK II

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2006, 08:15:36 AM »
dude relax, he was training and chatting between sets. he was having a good time.

Arnold did the same thing.

haha, i am relaxed, i'm just playing.

Arnold is governor of california.

Do you think Jay could do that?

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #49 on: December 13, 2006, 08:20:28 AM »
haha, i am relaxed, i'm just playing.

Arnold is governor of california.

Do you think Jay could do that?

who knows?

If Jay applied himself he may be able to get into political office.

back in the 70's Im sure people werent laying down bets that Arnold or Jesse 'the Body' Ventura would be Governor, or G.W. Bush would be president.