Author Topic: What are the rules for the 225lbx113 deadlift?  (Read 21891 times)

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
Re: What are the rules for the 225lbx113 deadlift?
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2006, 04:47:05 AM »
I worked in a factory as a die repairman at a high speed stamping facility for 9 years, one of the hardest jobs you can probably have.  We had to get a million parts stamped out an hour so if something went down I had to bust my balls to get that die running again.  Think about steel .100 of an inch thick being stamped at 350+ strokes a minute in a 350 ton minster press...now multiply that by 12 presses and that's the place I worked in.  Then when I finally got my degree and asked to be moved to a better place they put me on a machine where I would stack plastic boxes for 8 hours....you had to stack 20,000lbs in 8 hours...no lunch, no breaks..you got 20 minutes to eat and you could go to the bathroom but that was it, finally I got out of there and have been engineering for almsot 4 years now..my back and wrists are still fucked up.

good that you got out of that shit job. as for the 113 rep deadlifts..why do it? its just hard manual labour..

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2006, 04:56:07 AM »
good that you got out of that shit job. as for the 113 rep deadlifts..why do it? its just hard manual labour..

just to claim you can do it is moronic, that's why people are asking about it.  If you say you could bench 225 for 25 adam will say he can for 30, if you say you can run a 5 minute mile adam will say he's done it in 4, he's the strongest, smartest guy on here or so he claims and people have just had enough...he's a clown.
nasser=piece of shit

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2006, 05:24:26 AM »
I worked in a factory as a die repairman at a high speed stamping facility for 9 years, one of the hardest jobs you can probably have.  We had to get a million parts stamped out an hour so if something went down I had to bust my balls to get that die running again.  Think about steel .100 of an inch thick being stamped at 350+ strokes a minute in a 350 ton minster press...now multiply that by 12 presses and that's the place I worked in.  Then when I finally got my degree and asked to be moved to a better place they put me on a machine where I would stack plastic boxes for 8 hours....you had to stack 20,000lbs in 8 hours...no lunch, no breaks..you got 20 minutes to eat and you could go to the bathroom but that was it, finally I got out of there and have been engineering for almsot 4 years now..my back and wrists are still fucked up.

Damn- that deserves alot of respect dude.

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2006, 05:33:07 AM »

Damn- that deserves alot of respect dude.

there's alot more to it...boss was an IDIOT..and I mean an idiot, people who had been doing stamping for 25+ years would hire in to "change things" and they wouldn't last 6 months cause the guy was such a dick.  I actually challenged him to a fight about 5 times in the 9 years cause he was such a jack ass.  then the guys who ran thepresses were not the what you would call the high end of society.  If they didn't want to work of if they were hung over it was nothing to jam the shit out of a press jsut to have some downtime.  I could go on and on.

the thing with the stacking job was the wrost.  i went to the vice president of the company and said "listen Iv'e pretty much got a degree in engineering, I'm the only person in the company with any type of education doing this type of work there has to be a better job for me" and they threw me on that machine..problem was they thought I was gonna cry like a bitch and quit but I got more production than anyone there and it was less hours a week so it freed me up to look for a better job.
nasser=piece of shit

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2006, 05:36:58 AM »
the way adonis said it was like this:

you get straps, because there's no way to hold the bar for that many reps even with chalk because you'll start to sweat so much it'll fall out of your hands. secondly, you don't touch the floor. how far down you go was left ambiguous, but i think we can say at least within a few inches. thirdly, you can pause at the TOP of the reps for as long as you'd like. you can stand there huffing and panting and getting your air back if you'd like.

honestly i'm interested in trying this myself. if i get past 40 i'd be impressed, but i'm curious as to how many i'm capable of.

If you dont touch the floor then its NOT a conventional Deadlift. In fact if if the weight does not touch the floor it would classify as a Romanian Deadlift or RDL

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2006, 05:53:52 AM »
What is the big deal about this?

This morning I did 225lbs X 100 reps.  No straps, No belts, No gloves, standing pause after 25 reps

since TA hasn't provided any proof why should I?
as soon a he provides proof so will I

tomorrow I may relatively squat 700lbs for reps
Here comes the money shot

logical?

• Getbig III
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2006, 05:55:10 AM »

This morning I did 225lbs X 100 reps.  No straps, No belts, No gloves, standing pause after 25 reps

Humble of you to stop short of 115 and embarrasing ta  ;D

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2006, 05:57:49 AM »

look for a thread titled "natural al: verify your lifts" or something like that....same thing as what you're saying...
nasser=piece of shit

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2006, 06:12:09 AM »

Humble of you to stop short of 115 and embarrasing ta  ;D

to be honest I wasn't really trying. I just thought that I would warm up my back a little before I start my real workout
Here comes the money shot

The Heckler

« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2006, 06:17:18 AM »
this coming from a guy who sits in front of his computer all day just waiting for someone to say something bad about his hero.  I can see you just sitting there and hitting the refresh buttton on everythread so you can be the first guy to defend adam...if in fact you're not adam which seems to be what everybody thinks.  If you're not you need to go see a doctor cause you're a first class, grade A ball licker if I've ever seen one.

it's almost time for you to go get adams slippers and morning paper and wake him up by nuzzling him with your nose you fucking lapdog!!  Now get to work or he's gonna spank your nose again.

MELTDOWN

natural al

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2006, 06:28:01 AM »
MELTDOWN

not even close.  here's a little reality:  telling the truth about someone is not a meltdown.

now go back to the barn sheep boy.

nasser=piece of shit

Murdock

• Getbig II
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2006, 02:00:22 PM »
Funny thread. Who in their right mind would actually take his 225 lbs x 113 seriously for a second. Seeing the dudes arms and legs I'd be surprised if he could lift 225 for six reps tops.

Hedgehog

• Getbig V
  • It Rubs The Lotion On Its Skin.
« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2006, 02:06:52 PM »
Funny thread. Who in their right mind would actually take his 225 lbs x 113 seriously for a second. Seeing the dudes arms and legs I'd be surprised if he could lift 225 for six reps tops.

It's 225*112.

And why not give people the benefit of the doubt, and if TA even says he is going to post a clip of him doing the lift, why should we doubt him?

With that being said, I think it's about time to see the clip.

-Hedge
As empty as paradise

americanbulldog

• Getbig IV
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2006, 02:49:10 PM »
It's 225*112.

And why not give people the benefit of the doubt, and if TA even says he is going to post a clip of him doing the lift, why should we doubt him?

-Hedge

Well if that is the case, then I can submit Marcelo Garcia, Jacare, Pe De Pano and Craig Monson in succession.  Please give me the benefit of the doubt as well. 

chris_mason

• Getbig IV
  • Owner AtLarge Nutrition
« Reply #89 on: December 15, 2006, 03:03:50 PM »
It's 225*112.

-Hedge

Because he has been given that benefit many times and has never lived up to it.
w

rocket

• Getbig V
  • Not a champion
« Reply #90 on: December 15, 2006, 03:40:03 PM »
Who cares what TA says he can do.  Its about the challenge.

That being said considering I can barely squat 225 deep properly at the moment (I've dropped a lot of weight) I think I'll bow out of giving it a go :)

(I can still dead around 445 no problems though.. for some reason I lose all quad power coming down)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #91 on: December 15, 2006, 04:59:44 PM »
It's 225*112.

-Hedge

Pppppfffft......no one gave me the benefit of the doubt, I didn't have pics but I had reputable witnesses......does he even have that??

Fury

• Getbig V
  • All aboard the USS Leverage
« Reply #92 on: December 15, 2006, 05:23:18 PM »
Pppppfffft......no one gave me the benefit of the doubt, I didn't have pics but I had reputable witnesses......does he even have that??

Still waiting on these "reputable" witnesses you lying sack of shit.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #93 on: December 15, 2006, 05:31:09 PM »
Still waiting on these "reputable" witnesses you lying sack of shit.

Isn't that your mommy I hear calling little man??

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #94 on: December 15, 2006, 05:33:03 PM »
Isn't that your mommy I hear calling little man??

Skirting the truth again, how shocking.  ::)

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #95 on: December 15, 2006, 05:40:16 PM »
Skirting the truth again, how shocking.  ::)

Either speak when your spoken too or raise your hand!

Fury

• Getbig V
« Reply #96 on: December 15, 2006, 05:42:31 PM »
Either speak when your spoken too or raise your hand!

Didn't you say that some of the people who saw it post on this site? Why has not one of them come to back you up on this claim? Every sign in the world points to you being full of shit. Better start messaging random schmoes to get them to post for you backing up your claim.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2006, 05:53:17 PM »
Didn't you say that some of the people who saw it post on this site? Why has not one of them come to back you up on this claim? Every sign in the world points to you being full of shit. Better start messaging random schmoes to get them to post for you backing up your claim.

Your comprehension is that of a retard, I didn't realize that they had short busses in college. NO, YOU IDIOT, I said I gave the info to someone on here that I trusted and either knows or new one of the witnesses who was also my old training partner, beside, I said on here who one of the witnesses was.....the same same guy I trained with!!

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #98 on: December 15, 2006, 08:23:22 PM »

HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM.  That looks familiar, can't seem to place it tho............ ::)
some one is kickin ass in carolina :o

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #99 on: December 15, 2006, 08:29:03 PM »
It's 225*112.

-Hedge

i do give people the benefit of the doubt. if he said 225 for 50 i'd be skeptical but think it's possible if he really trained for it and had an exceptional endurance.

he might as well have said "hay u guys i just dedlifted 225 for a hundred brazilion reps lol".