Author Topic: Phil heath is a legitimate threat to ASC and the O  (Read 5796 times)

Armageddon

• Getbig III
Phil heath is a legitimate threat to ASC and the O
« on: December 15, 2006, 10:56:09 AM »
I think he can upset a lot of the guys and an easy top 6 in the O and might win or 2nd in the ASC

Shawn Ray

• Pros
  • Getbig V
  • Digital Muscle Media
Re: Phil heath is a legitimate threat to ASC and the O
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2006, 10:58:09 AM »
Agree!
 ;D :o ;D

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2006, 10:59:07 AM »
Only problem is the Winner of the olympia seems to be decided way before the contest is ever held.  They had Ronnie winning it every year for his run and I think they had already made their mind up before the O this year that they would give it to Cutler.  now he will win it 3 or 4 years in a row.  The olympia contest is a fucking joke.
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2006, 11:00:08 AM »
Agree!
 ;D :o ;D
SHAWN RAY WILL WIN THE ARNOLD CLASSIC
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Farkenell

• Getbig III
  • Life Is Pain, Pain Is Everything
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2006, 11:15:15 AM »
He has a lot to prove. I dont think the ASC or O will happen for a while. Give him about 3 years. Thats my opinion

Adam Empire

• Getbig IV
  • Gobias Industries
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2006, 11:19:53 AM »
He has a lot to prove. I dont think the ASC or O will happen for a while. Give him about 3 years. Thats my opinion

What does he have to prove?  He just needs to be better than the others on that day.
Motherboy (the band).

Royalty

• Getbig V
  • Mentzer is Alive
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2006, 11:39:35 AM »
Looking at the Colorodo pics, Heath needs more back size.

Apparently Heath has recently brought up his back and by March he may be able to place top 3.

Dexter, Melvin, Gustavo, Victor, Branch, and Jonnie all have backs.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2006, 11:43:10 AM »
Only problem is the Winner of the olympia seems to be decided way before the contest is ever held.  They had Ronnie winning it every year for his run and I think they had already made their mind up before the O this year that they would give it to Cutler.  now he will win it 3 or 4 years in a row.  The olympia contest is a fucking joke.

So....whoever wins THIS year will have been decided before also? I guess you could say that for any given year then, right?

Alex Velickovic

• Getbig II
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2006, 11:48:44 AM »
If Phil brings the same conditioning he presented a the Colo pro  with the added size he has been working on to the 2007 ASC, we have a new winner.

The O maybe a different story (Ronnie's unfinished business for 07).

Old_Rooster

• Getbig IV
  • SquadFathers mom gave me a BJ
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2006, 11:55:08 AM »
So....whoever wins THIS year will have been decided before also? I guess you could say that for any given year then, right?

I just say write it down, Jay Cutler has already won last year, this year and the year after, then he retires and the O brings in the new champ for a 4 or 5 year run.  There always is a guy that goes on a streak of several years winning it.  Can you honestly say its because hes the best every year during that run?  You think Ronnie was the best his entire run?  Or dorian? 
Benjamin Pearson-Pedo

shootfighter1

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • Competitor- NABBA Nationals Overall Champ
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2006, 11:57:24 AM »
I see Phil as a real threat this yr to take the ASC title.  I am looking forward to seeing him onstage comparing with Victor.

Chick

• The Pros
  • Getbig V
  • sometimes you get the elevator, somtimes the shaft
« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2006, 11:59:06 AM »
No, I don't...but agreeing or disagreeing with the decision has nothing to do with being "pre-determined"...What would be the advantage of having a champ for 8 years in a row? Who would benefit (other than Ronnie)? Did it help the sport?

If you're going to lay claim to conspiracies, at least try and justify what you're saying...

bigmikecox

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • SAY MY NAME!!!!
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2006, 12:40:31 PM »

The Olympia is VERY predictable.  The top 2 next year will be Ronnie and Jay.  That's a given.  It would take a minor miracle for someone else to place 1st or second next year.

Heath looks good next to Vic and Dex, but in those pics he is smaller, but, he has a crisper look.  I actually thinks he looks better b/c he has more detail

jaejonna

• Getbig V
  • Head Asian of Getbig
« Reply #13 on: December 15, 2006, 12:43:59 PM »
Phil shouldnt win that ...melvin, dex, victor are all much better than him...the only way i can see them letting him win is to create a new star..sell mags, new controversy...

but that never happens in BB  ::)
L

buffbodz

• Getbig V
  • It's only a board
« Reply #14 on: December 15, 2006, 01:02:50 PM »
ASC yes O, no.
6 meals lift heavy and 1/2 hr cardio

troponin

• Getbig III
  • www.troponinnutrition.com
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 02:57:12 PM »
Phil's conditioning for the Colorado pro was really incredible, especially from the back.
www.trueprotein.com
Troponin Nutritio

carvedoutofwood

• Getbig III
  • the flame of the west
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 03:06:24 PM »

but bob, it does to some extent have a lot to do with "what the judges are looking for"... right?... i mean the reality is that phil could never win the O looking anything like he does now, right?... ide love to see someone looking like he does walk away with it, but will that happen?, probably not, unless the judges "decide b4hand" that this year theyre going to favor a more traditional styled physique... dont these "judges" have half a dozen or so meetings the week b4 the olympia to discuss such matters.... if not, why all the meetings

20inch calves

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 04:24:29 PM »
phil is a bad dude. i have already said it before i believe he can and prob. will win the arnold. him and dexter have a thing going so we will see who comes out on top..my bet is phil will. if not this yr then next.
irongearco.com

dragonheart

• Getbig III
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 06:39:23 PM »
Phil is good, but he needs another 2-3 years I think to be a serious threat at those bigger shows.  Vic is killing him in those comparison shots

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 06:51:14 PM »
What does he have to prove?  He just needs to be better than the others on that day.

that's how it SHOULD work, but sadly not how it DOES work.

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 06:59:42 PM »
I just say write it down, Jay Cutler has already won last year, this year and the year after, then he retires and the O brings in the new champ for a 4 or 5 year run.  There always is a guy that goes on a streak of several years winning it.  Can you honestly say its because hes the best every year during that run?  You think Ronnie was the best his entire run?  Or dorian? 

This is total fact, but people don't like to acknowledge it, because they want to believe it's a "sport"  hahahahahaha

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 07:55:03 PM »
Ive seen Phil in person a few weeks ago at a local Denver bodybuilding show.

The guy has gotten bigger and so has Kai Greene

For you guys to underestimate Phil is foolish. Until you can stand right next to a pro and see how small you are compared to them, youll never understand...

I thought I was a big guy..Phil is huge!  And I believe in my heart he will take the Arnold....

Ive seen Dexter in person too and wasnt even impressed at all....I tell you...I believe Phil is bigger than Dexter.

Wait till you see the package Phil brings....

delta9mda

• Getbig V
  • Team Pussy Claad/ ya know I'm sayin?
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 08:04:04 PM »
Ive seen Phil in person a few weeks ago at a local Denver bodybuilding show.

The guy has gotten bigger and so has Kai Greene

For you guys to underestimate Phil is foolish. Until you can stand right next to a pro and see how small you are compared to them, youll never understand...

I thought I was a big guy..Phil is huge!  And I believe in my heart he will take the Arnold....

Ive seen Dexter in person too and wasnt even impressed at all....I tell you...I believe Phil is bigger than Dexter.

Wait till you see the package Phil brings....

phil is big, not huge. saw him at the nats and at a restaurant after the finals and ill be the first to say it im not a big guy. dont get me wrong, heath is big. he will win a bunch in the future.

Jerryme7

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Check out www.muscleshoppe.com for the best prices
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 08:14:20 PM »
delta..you just confused the hell out of me???? ???

Weez

• Getbig III
  • stronger than dirt
« Reply #24 on: December 16, 2006, 01:27:20 AM »
Looking at the Colorodo pics, Heath needs more back size.

Apparently Heath has recently brought up his back and by March he may be able to place top 3.

Dexter, Melvin, Gustavo, Victor, Branch, and Jonnie all have backs.

I totally agree. In those pics, Dex, and Vic are killing Heath from the back....but Phil def. holds his own from the front.
Cam ad mi