Author Topic: Is this a really bad thing???  (Read 4420 times)

KTMckay

Is this a really bad thing???
« on: December 17, 2006, 08:55:36 AM »
I checked my blood pressure yesterday and its 144/78. Its always around that high. Is that really bad?

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
Re: Is this a really bad thing???
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 08:57:54 AM »

those are the machine at waltmart?
are you delusional?

KTMckay

« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 08:59:02 AM »
those are the machine at waltmart?
Safeway. I don''t like walmart.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 09:03:12 AM »
it's the same machine, yeah it is a little high, maybe you should try an other option. i don't know i don't trust that machine.
are you delusional?

KTMckay

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 09:05:11 AM »
Yeah but what causes high blood pressure and how bad is it? im uneducated on the subject.

chainsaw

• Getbig IV
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2006, 09:05:54 AM »
The gap between the numbers is odd.  I think it means too much salt or something. "anabolics?"
Most are all show no go!

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2006, 09:07:47 AM »
are you on something or was lately?
are you delusional?

KTMckay

« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2006, 12:54:34 PM »
100% natural.

The Heckler

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2006, 01:01:18 PM »
I checked my blood pressure yesterday and its 144/78. Its always around that high. Is that really bad?

why would you take a pic of the machine?  ::)

KTMckay

« Reply #9 on: December 17, 2006, 01:10:56 PM »
why would you take a pic of the machine?  ::)
Why do you care? Find something else to gripe about pussy.

Darth Muscle

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
  • Remember 01/31/07
« Reply #10 on: December 17, 2006, 02:04:15 PM »
Bottom number is fine, top number is a little high.  I would got to a doc just to be sure dude.  Sometimes those machines can be off a little bit, but I would get that looked at.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2006, 02:05:09 PM »
You're still asking if it's okay, when it says right on the machine that "normal" is below 130, and high is above 140....you "scored" a 144. That's not good.
Your diastolic is okay though, as it says right on the machine, as well. ::)

KTMckay

« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2006, 02:13:00 PM »
You're still asking if it's okay, when it says right on the machine that "normal" is below 130, and high is above 140....you "scored" a 144. That's not good.
Your diastolic is okay though, as it says right on the machine, as well. ::)
Thanks for the help, dick but i asked if it was a Really bad thing. not if it was bad. I already know it isnt good. so find another way to be an asshole. I just want to know  why it could be like that or if its a REALLY bad thing. I did'nt ask for anyone to be a dick

THE ROCK

• Getbig II
  • It doesn't matter what your name is!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2006, 02:19:07 PM »
  Your reading is just above what is considered "high normal" the bottom number should be the most concern,and it is fine.It should always be below 90,and NEVER reach 100.that is bad. Mine used to ALWAYS check in the 140's and the 80's . The other day at the docs it was 120- 80,so it can fluctuate. Ephedrine and yohimbe are two supps that can cause it to be elevated. I would not worry too much about it.My doc never had concern when mine was 140 over 85. Like someone else said I would watch it,but don't lose too much sleep over it just yet.
Do you smell it?

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2006, 02:23:08 PM »
how big is your arm? i get weird measurements off of those things but the bigger cuff at the doc's office treats me fine.

KTMckay

« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2006, 03:14:59 PM »
Ahh yes my sweet twigs are pushin  about 16 inches lol im about 6'3-6'4 so my arms are long as hell and hard to put size on. i juust started getting adequate protein amounts daily so theyve been slackin. not the worst in the world though.  :-\

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2006, 06:03:20 PM »
how big is your arm? i get weird measurements off of those things but the bigger cuff at the doc's office treats me fine.

Yeah the machine says the cuff is for arms ranging 9-13 inches (should fit most people on this board ;D) anything much out of that range will have variations in the readings

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2006, 06:33:36 PM »
Thanks for the help, dick but i asked if it was a Really bad thing. not if it was bad. I already know it isnt good. so find another way to be an asshole. I just want to know  why it could be like that or if its a REALLY bad thing. I did'nt ask for anyone to be a dick

You're the one calling me a dick, when you're the one that wants to know if there is a difference between bad and really bad. ::) ::) ::)
You want me to be more of a dick? Here ya go....

You're going to die. It will be death. Maybe not a fast death, you'll have a few days of barely being able to breathe, and you'll want to die. But you will die.
Compare that to; You're going to die. Might be 20 years from now, or you could live a long and fruitful life. Then again, you might be in a car accident tomorrow night and die in the windshield of your car.

But in the end....you will still die. That's the point. You will die.

Who cares if it's "bad" or "really bad." Just do something about it.

There, is that being more of a dick for you, cheese monger?

KTMckay

« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2006, 01:59:31 AM »
You're the one calling me a dick, when you're the one that wants to know if there is a difference between bad and really bad. ::) ::) ::)

You're going to die. It will be death. Maybe not a fast death, you'll have a few days of barely being able to breathe, and you'll want to die. But you will die.
Compare that to; You're going to die. Might be 20 years from now, or you could live a long and fruitful life. Then again, you might be in a car accident tomorrow night and die in the windshield of your car.

I'm not scared of death just the inadequate life. And guess what Words can't bring me down, I am beautiful... No matter what they say   ;D A little Christina Aguilera there for ya, you like that?? hahah Thanks for the kind words, Dick. You sure do a good job of looking like an asshole. And oh yeah i only wish the best for you baby  ;)

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2006, 02:04:52 AM »

That was awesome. hahahaha

KTMckay

« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2006, 03:03:28 AM »
  That was awesome. hahahaha
Pretty weak if you ask me.

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2006, 03:32:32 AM »

I have been up all night...doesn't take much to entertain me at this point.  :-\

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2006, 05:04:14 AM »
The American Heart Association reccomends below 120 and below 80. So your OK with the lower number but the upper number is high. Maybe pre hypertension or worse. however , you can't just take your bloodpressure once. Take it over several day period, and at different times of the day. If you take  your blood pressure after you work out or exert yourself of course the upper number will be high.

Dont fool with your heart, a lot of people take it for granted, if you want to use it pass 60 you gotta take care of it. Make sure your doctor gives you a EKG, but more importantly request a Stress Test. If your doing steroids defintetly get a stress test to see if there is any enlarging of the heart.

YoungBlood

• Getbig V
  • Weee!
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2006, 09:09:02 AM »

Just like it's weak for you to make the original post about wondering it you have a high reading. When the picture you took and posted, shows you what the reading actually says. ::)
It's not me being a dick. If you would like to think that, so be it. You already knew the answer and were being an imbecile. Not me being a dick.
Do you argue with a police officer about speeding 20 miles over the speed limit? "No officer, I was only doing 15mph over the limit!" The point is, you were still speeding.
Are you that thick, do you see the point now? ???

thewickedtruth

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2006, 09:10:50 AM »
High on both accounts and considered pre/hypertensive depending on who you talk to.  I'd say have someone do it manually, those machines are off on my by as much as 30pts sometimes.