Author Topic: Your favorite "bad lift" to watch in the gym  (Read 19397 times)

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
Re: Your favorite "bad lift" to watch in the gym
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2007, 03:41:33 PM »
Cheat reps at the end are great IMO.  I never listen to trainers.  One told me doing just leg press and deadlifts will build my legs.  The guy had chicken legs too.  I think partial benches and squats are bad for the body, esp the joints.  One thing that bothers me are really skinny guys wearing the "Dennis James" workout shirts.
 I fucking hate that shit. 
I had one guy tell me to stop with every other chest exercises I had done that day.  He was sure I could get it all with a flat bench semi fly style machine.  I don't know what it's called but it's a wide grip bench machine that arcs in a bit toward the top.  He had watched me through my whole workout and noted the weight I was using on all my exercises and was happy to tell me I would not be able to use a lot of weight on this machine.  And the guy that coached me on proper form doing cheats was just some guy in the gym... He was actually one of the bigger guys in the gym too.

alexxx

• Getbig V
  • Don't hate..
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2007, 03:42:20 PM »
i saw a very fat guy using a rotary calf machine, with his heals on the platform using it like a leg press machine.  monster cankles, epic inability to read the instructions on the machine.

lol your seriously laughing at another guys legs???????????????????????
just push some weight!

Cap

• Getbig V
  • Trueprotein.com 5% discount code= CSP111
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2007, 03:44:12 PM »
I had one guy tell me to stop with every other chest exercises I had done that day.  He was sure I could get it all with a flat bench semi fly style machine.  I don't know what it's called but it's a wide grip bench machine that arcs in a bit toward the top.  He had watched me through my whole workout and noted the weight I was using on all my exercises and was happy to tell me I would not be able to use a lot of weight on this machine.  And the guy that coached me on proper form doing cheats was just some guy in the gym... He was actually one of the bigger guys in the gym too.
Tell hime to put down the needle and come back to train with you and see how big/strong he is.  ;D
Squishy face retard

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
  • And now, what joy will I have left to live for?
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2007, 03:45:30 PM »
quarter squats, no question. because when they put too much weight on and just collapse on themselves, i laugh harder than any other time in my life.

true story, a few months back i was in the squat rack, just doing some speed squats with about 225 off a low box. This scrawny kid, probably on the basketball team, decides he wants to work in. he works up to 405 for the shittiest reps i've ever seen in my life.

455 on the bar now, and he goes down about three inches (which would be the "bottom" of his ROM  ::) ), and suddenly he just drops to the floor, the bar clattering hardcore on the safety pins. i try not to just laugh at people in the gym, but i couldn't help it. i laughed my ass off at this kid, and haven't seen him since.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2007, 03:59:45 PM »
Tell hime to put down the needle and come back to train with you and see how big/strong he is.  ;D
good point but I gotta tell you, it's psycho that some fella would watch my whole workout. 

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2007, 04:02:36 PM »
good point but I gotta tell you, it's psycho that some fella would watch my whole workout. 
or gay, either way you want to phrase it
Squishy face retard

HalloweenMan

• Getbig III
  • Team What The Fuck?!?!?!
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2007, 04:11:38 PM »
i hate hate hate the dudes who watch you from across the gym and eventually work their way over and give your randopm training "tips".  ha, the good part is that they are usually tubby tubbies or 90ln beanpoles. 
also, the dudes who load the squat racks or leg press machines with massive weight and then do 1/4 reps and make noises like they are Atlas trying to hold up earth. 
F

The Heckler

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2007, 07:33:30 PM »
My first year of training I worked my way up to 8 plates per side leg presses.

of course you did  ::)

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2007, 07:39:58 PM »
Which one and why?

1. 1/2 squat
2. 1/4 squat
3. 1/4 leg press
4. 1/2 leg press
5. power clean barbell curls
6. rounded back deadlifts
7. 1/4 barbell press
8. 1/4 bench press
9. sternum breaking bench press

I'm going with 1/4 squats and bench press.  Way to mess up your joints guys.

I've said it before and I'll say it again:

IF you clowns would spend more time worrying about YOUR OWN WORKOUTS and PROGRESS than about what those around you are doing you might actually develope physiques worth being proud of.  Do you know how damn SAD it is that you all go to the gym to pay attention to what OTHER PEOPLE are DOING?  Who the hell CARES?

When you look in the mirror and aren't happy, consider spending less time looking at other people exercise.  You will see a correlation between being happier at what you see in the mirror the LESS TIME you spend WATCHING EVERYONE ELSE WORKOUT.  Why do you CARE what the hell someone else does at the damn gym unless they are stealing the equipment you are using?  Otherwise, you shouldn't give a FUCK what someone else is doing.

Get LIVES

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2007, 07:43:41 PM »

IF you clowns would spend more time worrying about YOUR OWN WORKOUTS and PROGRESS than about what those around you are doing you might actually develope physiques worth being proud of.  Do you know how damn SAD it is that you all go to the gym to pay attention to what OTHER PEOPLE are DOING?  Who the hell CARES?

When you look in the mirror and aren't happy, consider spending less time looking at other people exercise.  You will see a correlation between being happier at what you see in the mirror the LESS TIME you spend WATCHING EVERYONE ELSE WORKOUT.  Why do you CARE what the hell someone else does at the damn gym unless they are stealing the equipment you are using?  Otherwise, you shouldn't give a f**k what someone else is doing.

Get LIVES
Since we "have no lives", why respond to us?  If I think something is funny in the gym, I'll comment on it.  You're crushing nobody's ego tool.
Squishy face retard

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2007, 07:47:05 PM »
I honestly wonder if guys like croatch go into the gym and spot check each member working out with a grimace of semi disapproval.
Yes, it's the first and last thing I do in a gym. ;D  These people just stand out though.  You can't help but laugh.  Some don't know any better, but most can't take the reality of lifting weight that is suitable for themselves, so they throw a bunch of plates on and half ass each rep, thinking everyone will be impressed.  Trust me, I'm always impressed that someone takes the time to go to a gym, then f**k up just about every exercise in their "routine".  One thing about myself, when I get involved in a new hobby, I ask questions and realize, I know nothing.  That was 15 years ago, but I still am open to others opinions and knowledge.

IF you clowns would spend more time worrying about YOUR OWN WORKOUTS and PROGRESS than about what those around you are doing you might actually develope physiques worth being proud of.  Do you know how damn SAD it is that you all go to the gym to pay attention to what OTHER PEOPLE are DOING?  Who the hell CARES?
Funny, but I notice other people fucking up things from time to time, yet I've managed to build a good physique for myself.  I must be superhuman, then again, maybe I can just do two things at once.
Obviously, many others on this board notice other people.  It's great to be into what you're doing, but look around the world some time, you'll notice a ton of shit that is hysterical.  Oh, one more thing....MELTDOWN. ;D
For example, watch my perfect form as I slap these oversized chestbags into my face.  Every time, perfect form.
N

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2007, 07:48:21 PM »
You owned yourself by even STARTING this thread.  If you're so insecure that you have to keep your eyes on what everyone else is doing at the gym while you are there, you've got major issues.

Go to the gym, take care of your business and go the hell home.  Who gives a shit what everyone else is doing?  You shouldn't

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2007, 07:51:34 PM »
You owned yourself by even STARTING this thread.  If you're so insecure that you have to keep your eyes on what everyone else is doing at the gym while you are there, you've got major issues.

Go to the gym, take care of your business and go the hell home.  Who gives a shit what everyone else is doing?  You shouldn't
Lol.  Meltdown pal.  I guess you never ever notice anything in between sets.  The guys half repping their "heavy" benches while grunting at the top of their lungs or when that same guy almost drops the dumbbells from a press on your foot cuz he can't handle them.  Don't worry, I'll try to block out a broken toe next time.  I don't direct my eyes to anyone that doesn't make a spectacle of themself to where I cannot help but notice.  Hope that helps.
Squishy face retard

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #38 on: January 14, 2007, 07:52:34 PM »
Go to the gym, take care of your business and go the hell home.  Who gives a shit what everyone else is doing?  You shouldn't
Buddy, this place we live, called earth...there are many people on it for your amusement.  Plus, I strive to do more than most when I go to the gym, so I blast my workout, then take notes on everyone else.  On/Off steroids, implants, chunked form.  It's what working out is about, sorry nobody ever told you sooner. ;)
N

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #39 on: January 14, 2007, 07:58:08 PM »
crotch is one of those guys who scopes out everyone else in the gym while he lifts, and if anyone is stronger or bigger than he is, he comes on here and makes a thread about how he saw this "juice head" at the gym and what a cheater he is.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #40 on: January 14, 2007, 07:59:49 PM »

This is pretty much my thing too.  I go in with the intent of getting my lifting fix and out, I do my best to not pay attention to the odd distractions and I hate being someone else's odd distraction as was the case with getting out of the blue advice on form or insane advice from someone who watched my whole workout... I do understand noting the extreme cases but for the most part just ignore people.

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #41 on: January 14, 2007, 08:01:12 PM »
crotch is one of those guys who scopes out everyone else in the gym while he lifts, and if anyone is stronger or bigger than he is, he comes on here and makes a thread about how he saw this "juice head" at the gym and what a cheater he is.
Lol.  I imagine that happens but when they are half reps and quarter reps, we can come on here and dog on those guys.  There are plenty of guys that can out bench me in terms of pounds but I do full reps with lighter weight so there may times I say shit but that's how it is.
Squishy face retard

TheEgoCrusher

• Getbig III
« Reply #42 on: January 14, 2007, 08:01:46 PM »
Lol.  Meltdown pal.  I guess you never ever notice anything in between sets.  The guys half repping their "heavy" benches while grunting at the top of their lungs or when that same guy almost drops the dumbbells from a press on your foot cuz he can't handle them.  Don't worry, I'll try to block out a broken toe next time.  I don't direct my eyes to anyone that doesn't make a spectacle of themself to where I cannot help but notice.  Hope that helps.

You can direct your attention towards whatever you like.  The every burning question is:  Why the hell do you care what others are doing?

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #43 on: January 14, 2007, 08:03:49 PM »
so I blast my workout, then take notes on everyone else.   On/Off steroids, implants, chunked form. It's what working out is about,
no... working out is not about critiquing everyone else ::)  You understand nothing...  Get off your high horse and I guarantee you'll get a lot more out of lifting.

MisterMagoo

• Getbig V
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2007, 08:04:17 PM »
Lol.  I imagine that happens but when they are half reps and quarter reps, we can come on here and dog on those guys.  There are plenty of guys that can out bench me in terms of pounds but I do full reps with lighter weight so there may times I say shit but that's how it is.

i'll dog a 150 pound guy quarter squatting 405 before i'll dog a 250 pound guy full squatting 225. that's my philosophy.

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2007, 08:04:26 PM »
I never recall calling roid users "cheaters".  It's not cheating, it just a choice people make.  Granted, most people on look like garbage, but a choice all the same.  The funny thing is, most people who are bigger than me are on gear.  To be honest, few can gain good side and still be cut, without sauce.  At least nobody I see in my gym.  Hell, I wish there were a bunch of people natural in my gym who smoked me, but it's not the case.
N

Croatch

• Getbig V
  • Man up, train natural.
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2007, 08:05:16 PM »
no... working out is not about critiquing everyone else   You understand nothing...  Get off your high horse and I guarantee you'll get a lot more out of lifting.
Partial joke.  Oh yeah, meltdown.
N

Cap

• Getbig V
« Reply #47 on: January 14, 2007, 08:06:23 PM »
You can direct your attention towards whatever you like.  The every burning question is:  Why the hell do you care what others are doing?
When guys drop weights they can't handle to where they are almost rolling or hitting me, I care.  When guys do their half reps and camp out on a machine I want to use in the next half hour, I care.  When guys scream like they are giving birth, I care.  When these half rep monsters walk up to me in the middle of a set to correct my form or tell me how they do it, I care.  Hope that clarifies.  I don't sit back with a bag of popcorn and watch this shit, I just see it.  I have peripheral vision.  My bad.. ::)

i'll dog a 150 pound guy quarter squatting 405 before i'll dog a 250 pound guy full squatting 225. that's my philosophy.
Me too.  It doesn't make you a better lifter to ruin your joints.
Squishy face retard

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #48 on: January 14, 2007, 08:07:14 PM »
I never recall calling roid users "cheaters".  It's not cheating, it just a choice people make.  Granted, most people on look like garbage, but a choice all the same.  The funny thing is, most people who are bigger than me are on gear.  To be honest, few can gain good side and still be cut, without sauce.  At least nobody I see in my gym.  Hell, I wish there were a bunch of people natural in my gym who smoked me, but it's not the case.
Come on with the two sides here...  You can't have it both ways croatch, you've come here plenty of times attacking the work ethic of users.  You may not have used the word, cheaters, but the insinuation is there.

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
« Reply #49 on: January 14, 2007, 08:10:38 PM »
Partial joke.  Oh yeah, meltdown.
I'm cool with melting down, do it all the time, go berserk sometimes :D but that wasn't a meltdown... It's more of a meltdown when you call meltdown on something that's not a meltdown... ;) No I didn't know you were joking.  I took you for that kind of person by your history of reporting your gym members here.