Author Topic: Heavy weights= Big muscles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 19726 times)

lilwoday09smb

• Getbig III
Re: Heavy weights= Big muscles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #125 on: January 18, 2007, 06:19:18 PM »
natural al, what was/ is your rep range?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #126 on: January 18, 2007, 06:36:47 PM »
no matter what you light training queers think.

Carefull Squad,

Alot of the DCers will fight you tooth 'n'Nail on this one! They will defend their 20 rep Willowshakers and 18 RepPause HEAVY sets!

natural al

• Getbig V
  • like it or don't, learn to live with it..whooooooo
« Reply #127 on: January 19, 2007, 03:59:29 AM »
natural al, what was/ is your rep range?

most movements are done in the DC (rest pause) fashion...rep range for those movements in 12-15...you pick a weight where you fail at 8 reps take 20 12-15 seconds and go again, you should fail at 3-4 reps and take 12-15 seconds and go again, this time you should totally fail at 2-3 reps....I was getting 15-17 reps in this fashion with the 120's back then, I dont' do them amymore cause once I upped the weight to the 130's it was more of a bitch to get the weight into position than to do the movement.  DB's don't work all that great for DC.
nasser=piece of shit

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #128 on: January 19, 2007, 06:42:57 AM »
Heavy weights for medium to high reps builds muscles, "simple thing"

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #129 on: January 19, 2007, 10:14:07 AM »
Heavy weights for medium to high reps builds muscles, "simple thing"

If weights are "heavy" for you, you won't be able to do many reps with them, simple as that.

gettingbetter

• Getbig III
  • Fuck Yeah!
« Reply #130 on: January 20, 2007, 07:45:56 AM »
Exactly, Ronnie coleman does 10-12 reps on most of his sets, so that is medium weight FOR HIM, although it would be way beyon my strenght.

When he does 2 reps with 800 pounds in the squat, he does it for the show, and uses heavy weight, but normally he wouldn't do that kind of thing.

so Heavy weight = big muscles,

If weights are "heavy" for you, you won't be able to do many reps with them, simple as that.

Charlys69

• Getbig III
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2007, 11:45:06 AM »

That`s was most people think. Heavy weight = low reps, light weights = high reps.....

But i know some people you can bench with 85 % of there max. for 8-10 reps, and others who only can do this 5-6 times (and the rep speed is equal). "Mind Power & goalsetting" plays a big role..."  "i will, i want, i can.."

But there`s also other options to do high reps with high weights, a Training system called Pitt,
you use a weight that you can normally lift or press for around 8 reps, "that`s a fairly heavy weight" (the stimulus/resistance). Now you start the "pitt-Set", doing 1 controlled rep, replace the weight for only 3-5 seconds, doing rep Nr. 2, replace for another 3-5 seconds, and so on, after rep 8-10, your rest between reps
will be around 8-10 seconds, after rep 15, maybe 12 seconds, and between the last 2-3 reps up to 15 seconds. Normally you can do in that fashion 15-20 reps with a heavy weight, and a big number of those reps "where close reps" near to faillure (but not reached faillure). With such a tactic your muscle has the chance to replace "metabolic waste" (lactic acid, ammoniak, ...) by a certain degree, and can restore a bit
of ATP. If your muscle is from the beginning up to the end of the set under tension that`s not possible, and faillure mostly occurrs because you can`t flex the muscle because he is full of waste products and can work
efficient.

Option D

• Getbig V
  • Kelly the Con Way
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2007, 07:34:16 PM »
That`s was most people think. Heavy weight = low reps, light weights = high reps.....

But i know some people you can bench with 85 % of there max. for 8-10 reps, and others who only can do this 5-6 times (and the rep speed is equal). "Mind Power & goalsetting" plays a big role..."  "i will, i want, i can.."

But there`s also other options to do high reps with high weights, a Training system called Pitt,
you use a weight that you can normally lift or press for around 8 reps, "that`s a fairly heavy weight" (the stimulus/resistance). Now you start the "pitt-Set", doing 1 controlled rep, replace the weight for only 3-5 seconds, doing rep Nr. 2, replace for another 3-5 seconds, and so on, after rep 8-10, your rest between reps
will be around 8-10 seconds, after rep 15, maybe 12 seconds, and between the last 2-3 reps up to 15 seconds. Normally you can do in that fashion 15-20 reps with a heavy weight, and a big number of those reps "where close reps" near to faillure (but not reached faillure). With such a tactic your muscle has the chance to replace "metabolic waste" (lactic acid, ammoniak, ...) by a certain degree, and can restore a bit
of ATP. If your muscle is from the beginning up to the end of the set under tension that`s not possible, and faillure mostly occurrs because you can`t flex the muscle because he is full of waste products and can work
efficient.

Well i was going to counter with Forced reps like with a spotter. but yours sounds better

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #133 on: January 21, 2007, 07:54:52 PM »
I disagree.

Why would a reprange of 8-12 reps stimulate your muscles more than 3-8 reps?  ::)

LOL, because he read it in a magazine so it must be true
Here comes the money shot

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #134 on: January 21, 2007, 07:57:41 PM »
hahahahaha, this coming from a fat clown who uses every bodybuilding drug known to man along with synthol and follows the lifestyle to a T and still looks like an 8 dollar an hour bouncer in an East St. Louis strip club.

maybe he uses synthol for its anabolic properties  :)

at 30% BF he has to try something
Here comes the money shot