Author Topic: Heavy weights= Big muscles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 19753 times)

Mr. Intenseone

Re: Heavy weights= Big muscles!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #75 on: January 17, 2007, 05:11:38 PM »
That's a VERY general rule of thumb that schmucks in the fitness industry will tell you.   You can get growth from low reps with heavy weight too, the key is to mix up the rep ranges/volume to keep the body from adapting to a set routine.

P.S. Anything will work if your on gear!

Palpatine Q

• Getbig V
  • Disdain/repugnance....Version 3: glare variation B
« Reply #76 on: January 17, 2007, 05:25:16 PM »
Rule of thumb.....

3-5 reps power

6-10 reps strength

8-12 reps hypertrophy

What exactly is the difference between Power and Strength?

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #77 on: January 17, 2007, 05:41:57 PM »
What exactly is the difference between Power and Strength?

Strength refers to the maximum amount of force exerted on an object, i.e. one rep max.

Power, if referring to physics, means the amount of work done per unit time, or the rate of work done (P = W/t).  In exercise science, it means how fast you are able to move a resistance.  Inverse relationship between speed (velocity) and force.  Obviously the heavier the weight, the slower you're going to be able to move it.  You see a lot of powerlifters alternate with their "heavy" days and "speed" days.

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #78 on: January 17, 2007, 05:43:29 PM »
...........and just about every elite S&C coach in the country based on university studies......these studies are with athletes NOT bodybuilders, I attend at least 4 seminars per year around the country including physical threrapy symposiums as it pertains to athletic performance..........son don't be a smart ass unless you absolutly know what you're talking about!

Are you a personal trainer, "Mr. Intenseone?"

kicker

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
« Reply #79 on: January 17, 2007, 05:46:39 PM »
Rule of thumb.....

3-5 reps strength

6-10 reps power

8-12 reps hypertrophy

Fixed.  8)

Keep in mind, a very general rule of thumb.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #80 on: January 17, 2007, 06:44:14 PM »
Fixed.  8)

First you have to understand where I'm coming from when I posted that rule of thumb. More than half of my clientel are athletes and those rules pertain to athletes, not powerlifters, not bodybuilders!

njflex

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • HEY PAISAN
« Reply #81 on: January 17, 2007, 07:51:57 PM »
Fixed.  8)

exactly, textbook magazine rule of thumb ::)

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #82 on: January 17, 2007, 08:14:31 PM »
Isn't the idea to continually give your body some type of stimulus which causes the body to respond and get bigger?  All this 2 reps for strength, 8 reps for power, 15 reps for atonement of sins is crap. If you bench 100 kgs for 6 then six moths later you do 125 for 6, you are going to be bigger. If you bench 100 for 15 and six months later you bench 125 for 15, you are going to be bigger.  People always try and make things more complicated than it needs to be. Lift, get stronger, get bigger.

Thats not true.  You can get stronger without getting bigger.  You can be 300 lbs. and bench 350 and drop your weight to 250 and bench 400. 

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #83 on: January 17, 2007, 08:14:36 PM »
exactly, textbook magazine rule of thumb ::)

Can't figure it out, do you agree or disagree?

Rule usually is when it comes to athletes, power comes first, never later!

suckmymuscle

« Reply #84 on: January 17, 2007, 08:20:29 PM »
The only way to train is to use barbells&dumballs&tons of weight!!!!!!!! to take each set past failure balls to the wall!!!!! I have tored 11 muscles and the ligaments of my knees, but that's what's required!!!!!!!!!! Those who disagree are fucking bitch c.u.n.t.s with no balls!!!!!!!!!! training light is for ballerinas with no manhood left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #85 on: January 17, 2007, 08:24:13 PM »
It's all about muscle fibers. Each rep range stimulates different types of fibers.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #86 on: January 17, 2007, 08:24:47 PM »
The only way to train is to use barbells&dumballs&tons of weight!!!!!!!! to take each set past failure balls to the wall!!!!! I have tored 11 muscles and the ligaments of my knees, but that's what's required!!!!!!!!!! Those who disagree are fucking bitch c.u.n.t.s with no balls!!!!!!!!!! training light is for ballerinas with no manhood left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Now that you've proven that you don't know how to train, would you like to add anything else??

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #87 on: January 17, 2007, 08:26:18 PM »
It's all about muscle fibers. Each rep range stimulates different types of fibers.

All Type A fibers unless you train for an endurance sport!

Dingleberry

• Getbig IV
  • My nuts, your chin, any questions?
« Reply #88 on: January 17, 2007, 08:27:34 PM »

SUCKMYMUSCLE

Tribulus rage
tiny-tit bounty hunter

Mr. Intenseone

suckmymuscle

« Reply #90 on: January 17, 2007, 09:14:33 PM »
Now that you've proven that you don't know how to train, would you like to add anything else??

Yes!!!!!!!!!! I have to add that I'm going to win this year's Mr.Getbig!!!!!!!!!! I'm going to blow everybody away with so much thick muscularity and hardcore density that you'll all think I had muscle implants!!!!!!!!!

SUCKMYMUSCLE

brianX

• Getbig IV
  • Kiwiol has 13" arms!
« Reply #91 on: January 17, 2007, 09:33:09 PM »
That's a VERY general rule of thumb that schmucks in the fitness industry will tell you.   You can get growth from low reps with heavy weight too, the key is to mix up the rep ranges/volume to keep the body from adapting to a set routine.

Watch out, kicker. Mr. Intensone attends four training seminars a year. You can't argue with credentials like that. ::)
hahahahahahahahahahahaha

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #92 on: January 17, 2007, 10:48:16 PM »
Watch out, kicker. Mr. Intensone attends four training seminars a year. You can't argue with credentials like that. ::)

Thats right, unlike some of the knuckleheads (you) on hear who get their training from magazines, I prefer to go to the experts and learn. Not all the training is the same, so please STFU unless you actually have something to contribute and by looking at the majority of your posts...I've came to the conclusion that you have NOTHING to contribute.............. .thanks for coming, next show will be your next post!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #93 on: January 17, 2007, 11:05:15 PM »
I would love to see pics of and creditials (meaning lifts) of the guys on here giving advice.  HArd to listen to a guy who doesn't lift heavy or is at all strong for his size.  How can you tell a guy who is obviously stronger than you how to lift heavy.  Of the guys who are giving advice on here how many bench at least 500 or even 400.  In fact how many of you don't even lift on here that are giving advice.  The way I got strong may not work for someone else, but it sure worked for me and many others in the past who have trained with me.  Some of the shit being said on here is funny as hell.

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #94 on: January 17, 2007, 11:07:51 PM »
I would love to see pics of and creditials (meaning lifts) of the guys on here giving advice.  HArd to listen to a guy who doesn't lift heavy or is at all strong for his size.  How can you tell a guy who is obviously stronger than you how to lift heavy.  Of the guys who are giving advice on here how many bench at least 500 or even 400.  In fact how many of you don't even lift on here that are giving advice.  The way I got strong may not work for someone else, but it sure worked for me and many others in the past who have trained with me.  Some of the shit being said on here is funny as hell.

Examples please!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #95 on: January 17, 2007, 11:16:27 PM »

Mr. Intenseone

« Reply #96 on: January 17, 2007, 11:19:38 PM »
Examples of what

People who have no pics but giving advice!

onlyme

• Getbig V
  • Don't Fuck With Bears
« Reply #97 on: January 17, 2007, 11:23:04 PM »
People who have no pics but giving advice!

Slaveboy, Dzul, kiwiahole, suckmymuscle, shadow etc.  I know who you are.  I know you have experience and was not referring to you.  You are one of the few that have proven your acheivements.

the shadow

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • THE FLAG OF THE ZAPATISTA ARMY OF LIBERATION
« Reply #98 on: January 17, 2007, 11:40:55 PM »
Slaveboy, Dzul, kiwiahole, suckmymuscle, shadow etc.  I know who you are.  I know you have experience and was not referring to you.  You are one of the few that have proven your acheivements.
but sad now you look like a 'sperm whale'..
RATM RULZ THE WORLD

Figo

• Getbig V
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2007, 11:42:35 PM »
Heavy weights=Big muscles

Big Muscles(growth, hypertrophy) are the result of direct stimulus, right? Now, does your muscle know wether you're going heavy or not? Or, will medium weight for higher reps cycled with heavy(for the individual)weight for lower reps not produce same stimulus?

Some people talking of what worked for them, and how they got big and strong, but was that powerlifter big, or bber big? You know the diff, one has a blob of size, the other shape.