Author Topic: Here are the Gay mags they used to sell.....  (Read 9327 times)

JimmyThomson

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!
Here are the Gay mags they used to sell.....
« on: January 20, 2007, 05:06:55 PM »
http://www.musclememory.com/articles/fairyTale.html

I have so much more amo I just hope Ilive to expose it all.........
Master of the Masters.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
Re: Here are the Gay mags Joe and Ben used to sell.....
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2007, 05:28:11 PM »
the text is great, very funny.  the kike stuff too,  French postcards.  that was an interesting read.

Pollux

• Getbig V
  • I'm kind of a big deal!
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2007, 05:31:54 PM »
Yes... even everyone's hero, Arnold Schwarzenegger, posed for what many considered to be a "gay magazine" called Tomorrow's Man.

Andre Nickatina

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2007, 05:51:11 PM »
Pooooooooooost it.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2007, 05:51:55 PM »
I have a picture of Ben Weider, 2 Dolbermine dogs and Mike Quinn entangledd in a homo/bestial orgy.  The gloves are off...... time to expose.  If enough of you want it then I will post it......
Time to shut the doubters up.....
show it..we wont laugh

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2007, 05:52:27 PM »
Imagine having a decency group outlawing magazines. Yes, the good old days were rather pathetic re lots of things. I doubt those images were sordid or indecent but that is what some do-gooders believed in those days. It is clear that some bodybuilders had photos published in those magazines without their consent. Other bodybuilders needed the money so didn't shy away from posing in a G-string. Nowadays the posing trunks used in contests would have been considered obscene in those days!

The AAU Mr America contest had rules and if you appeared in Tomorrow's Man, etc., you risked not placing in any of their contests.

Sir Bigness

• Competitors II
  • Getbig IV
  • Get busy Living, or get busy Dying!!
« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2007, 05:54:33 PM »
It was a sign of the times. Isn't it bed time Jimmy?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2007, 05:55:30 PM »
I had no idea Weider published so many different mags; Demi-Gods, Young Physique etc. Very gay.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2007, 05:57:49 PM »
I had no idea Weider published so many different mags; Demi-Gods, Young Physique etc. Very gay.

very artistic and edgy for its time.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2007, 05:58:32 PM »

take a real hard look at the way flex is marketed ... even with peroxide and silicone titties on evry second page its gay as aids

bodybuilding is a queer fansport, no 2 ways about it :)

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2007, 06:03:42 PM »
very artistic and edgy for its time.
Very forward-thinking and liberal. Props to Weider!

Theoak*

• Getbig IV
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2007, 06:03:57 PM »
Perhaps someone could photoshop a picture of adam onto that Adonis magazine, lol.

bigdumbbell

• Getbig V
  • Bon Voyage !
« Reply #12 on: January 20, 2007, 06:05:41 PM »
Very forward-thinking and liberal. Props to Weider!

ah yes!  the Rococo splendor of physical culture

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: January 20, 2007, 06:08:57 PM »
The AAU Mr America contest had rules and if you appeared in Tomorrow's Man, etc., you risked not placing in any of their contests.

Hence Arnold never winning or competing in the Mr. America perhaps?

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2007, 06:17:36 PM »
It is strange what we used to pick up at the magazine stands in the old days. Some carried Tomorrow's Man and other magazines targetting gay men. The trouble was that some of the top guys were featured in those magazines and if a champion was on the cover we would have a look to see what was inside. I recall seeing Larry Scott in one of them. It didn't surprise me that Larry never enterred the AAU Mr America contest but won Weider's version of the same title that didn't have a sporting performance requirement nor an interview. It was widely believed by the mid 1960s that you wouldn't win the AAU title if you posed in those publications. Period. I guess Joe and Ben got the Californian lads to enter the IFBB shows because they were about bodybuilding and nothing more.

I doubt anyone made much money from publishing any of those 'gay' magazines. Today someone might even say they were sort of artistic magazines and not bodybuilding ones, even though they featured guys who sometimes were champion bodybuilders.

I was approached by a photographer who wanted to take 'modelling' photos. When I asked him if that included posing in G-strings he said yes and I never presented to do that stuff. I can imagine guys going out to California and perhaps needing the money and consenting to doing some of that work. Everyone in the game seemed to know who did that work and there was a negative stigma that stayed with you if you appeared in those magazines. We didn't assume that everyone who was featured in them was gay but posing for gays was never a practice that was condoned. To this day that still is true.

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2007, 06:21:11 PM »
Arnold was already Mr Universe when he arrived in California in Oct 1968. He wasn't a citizen then so wasn't entitled to enter that contest. Plus, he was already at a level way above that show.

Sergio created a stink when he insisted on enterring the Mr America one year. Most of the other competitors were upset because he was way too good for that category. So I think they gave Sergio a trophy with the title Mr America but other guys placed in the actual show where Sergio won the Mr Universe or whatever it was back then. From then on no Mr Universe could enter the Mr America contest.

Pollux

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2007, 06:29:24 PM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger's VERY FIRST cover shot for Tomorrow's Man.

I have this issue, and there's no risque Arnold pictures. Many believe Arnold's FIRST American cover was the August 1967 Muscular Development, but in fact it's the above photo cover. Guess no one likes to acknowledge Arnold's FIRST American cover as being on Tomorrow's Man.

slaveboy1980

• Getbig V
  • Thought is the arrow of time; memory never fades.
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2007, 06:56:36 PM »
I have a picture of Ben Weider, 2 Dolbermine dogs and Mike Quinn entangledd in a homo/bestial orgy.  The gloves are off...... time to expose.  If enough of you want it then I will post it......
Time to shut the doubters up.....

post it jimmy..and welcome back  ;D

also please post more info on diane and the gatherings she organized for her friends...did they pay the bodybuilders`?

Wiggs

• Getbig V
  • Child of Y'srael
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2007, 07:06:24 PM »
Come on Jimmy lets see it!

Vince B

• Competitors
  • Getbig V
  • What you!
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2007, 07:06:55 PM »
I heard about Arnold and Wag Bennett's wife Diane. I have no knowledge about any of those goings on. So I can't confirm any statements about what Arnold did in England.

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 08:30:28 PM »
Boring.

What's so wrong with homosexual mags or activity? It's breaking the norm, sure, but BBing is breaking the norm! Jimmy Thomson, you're an old guy so I guess you're coming from the 'pure' and 'idealistic' values that every human being should be one way and not another, but that wasn't the case, even back then.

suckmymuscle

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 08:50:34 PM »

Weider is a bisexual paederast. In previous times, he'd give massages to the bodybuilders who visited him in his office, and would get them to private pose for him and other older bisexual gentlemen. For an unknown up-and-coming bodybuilder to get in the cover of a magazine, the "price" Weider charged was a blow-job to him and his paederastic friends. When it comes to winning a contest, the price was higher: to take it in the pooper from Joe. I once heard a story that David Drapper lost his anal virginity to Weider. :-\ Arnold also reportedly blowed some of Weider's friends when he first moved to America in 1968, but I can't confirm this. :-X

SUCKMYMUSCLE

GoneAway

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 08:56:56 PM »
but I can't confirm this. :-X

Such is the motto of the guys telling these stories. Proof goes further than any hearsay.

realkarateblackbelt

• Getbig IV
  • Numero UNO!!!!!!!
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 09:14:59 PM »
Bump for bestiality pics!  ;D
TEAM REPTILIAN

GroinkTropin

• Getbig IV
« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2007, 09:19:04 PM »
Arnold Schwarzenegger's VERY FIRST cover shot for Tomorrow's Man.

I have this issue, and there's no risque Arnold pictures. Many believe Arnold's FIRST American cover was the August 1967 Muscular Development, but in fact it's the above photo cover. Guess no one likes to acknowledge Arnold's FIRST American cover as being on Tomorrow's Man.
+

"Worlds finest young (note the word young) physiques". Man that's trash, I don't like having this homo as my governor anymore.