Author Topic: DISGUSTED: Bodybuilding Guru?  (Read 53360 times)

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
  • Fear is proof of a degenerate mind.
Re: DISGUSTED-----------OBVIOUSLY THE MOST EDUCATED "GURU".
« Reply #500 on: January 30, 2007, 03:44:22 PM »

gh15

• Getbig V
  • angels
« Reply #501 on: January 30, 2007, 03:45:26 PM »
you gotta love how hormones being put down right and left yet every single year i become richer and richer,,

steroids is bodybuilding and bodybuilding is steroids,,,some may call it m1t some may call it igf,,some may call it clenbuterol albuterol and some will just call it humalog and get it anywhere and everywhere to support their natural physiqe ;) you fail to see the common thing to majority of bodybuilders which is THE HORMONE INTAKE,,do you really think we will sit in the gym thinking 24/7 about how to improve  our physiqe and do it with only food?? wether its macdonalds or clean diet hormones are always there,,ALWAYS
fallen angel

Stavios

« Reply #502 on: January 30, 2007, 03:46:15 PM »
 ::) ::) ::)

Disgusted

• Expert
  • Getbig V
« Reply #503 on: January 30, 2007, 03:48:15 PM »
http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/mcdshake.asp

You are WRONG about the drinks.

Me? I never specified anything about their drinks.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #504 on: January 30, 2007, 03:49:33 PM »
9. I have food allergies. How do I know which McDonald's products I can eat?
McDonald's has assumed a leadership role in ensuring, where possible, the development of new food products that do not include the use of unnecessary allergens.

McDonald's provides a complete ingredient and nutrition breakdown called McDonald's Food Facts, which is available in every McDonald's restaurant across Canada and online under Our Food. By referencing Food Facts prior to a purchase, consumers with allergies can easily identify any ingredients that they may be sensitive to.

In addition, with McDonald's system, your meal can be prepared to your individual specifications on every visit. It can be, but we should not guarantee that any certain product has been made allergen free - i.e., Big Mac - no onions. Because of the proximity of onions to lettuce, we can only make a best effort to remove onions. Our restaurants should not be promising/guaranteeing that the product is "onion" free.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #505 on: January 30, 2007, 03:53:39 PM »
Frequently Asked Questions About McDonald's USA Food & Nutrition

Q: Can McDonald's food be part of a healthy, balanced diet?

A: Yes. Many nutrition professionals agree that McDonald's food can be part of a healthy eating style based on the sound nutrition principles of balance, variety and moderation. One key to a healthy diet is to moderate, not eliminate, favorite foods because eliminating foods is rarely successful long term. In fact, the American Dietetic Association says all foods can fit into a healthy diet and what's most important is eating a balanced diet over time, rather than focusing on any one food or meal.

McDonald's varied menu and range of serving sizes make it easy to fit our food into a balanced diet and to create a range of meal combinations that fall within recommended guidelines for calories, fat and other nutrients.

For instance, in addition to hamburgers, fries, and soft drinks, we offer grilled chicken sandwiches, an array of salads, Fruit 'n Yogurt Parfaits, Apple Dippers with Low Fat Caramel Dip, juice, 1% low fat milk, and, at many restaurants, soups. With our Made For You cooking system, customers can special order various menu items to help meet their nutritional needs.

See some popular McDonald's meals and their corresponding levels of total fat, saturated fat, cholesterol and sodium.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #506 on: January 30, 2007, 03:55:35 PM »
Frequently Asked Questions About McDonald's USA Food & Nutrition

Q: How does the quality of McDonald's food compare to the food I serve at home?

A: Many of the products we serve at McDonald's are the same trusted brands you might purchase at the local grocery store and serve in your own home. We take pride in the foods we serve you and your family. That's why we seek out fresh produce such as lettuce, tomatoes, apples and grapes, quality buns and potatoes, pure ground beef, select poultry and fish and wholesome dairy products.

The True Adonis

• Getbig V
« Reply #507 on: January 30, 2007, 03:56:28 PM »
Q: How does McDonald’s obtain nutrition information such as calories, fat, sodium and fiber for its menu items?

A: Our popular menu items are analyzed by a recognized independent laboratory using the latest methods accepted by the US Department of Agriculture (USDA) and the US Food and Drug Administration. In fact, McDonald’s menu items are analyzed in the same lab USDA uses to analyze foods. The USDA is including McDonald’s nutrition information in their public food database and in their national consumer nutrition surveys.

Analyzing the actual food items in a lab is the most accurate way to determine the nutritional content of foods. In some cases, we also use nutrition data from major suppliers such as The Coca-Cola® Company, Masterfoods USA, a Division of Mars, Incorporated and Newman’s Own, Inc., or rely on a recognized database.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #508 on: January 30, 2007, 04:38:20 PM »
One thing I gotta say...

Most true natural bodybuilders (most of whom never compete but just train and follow the sport) almost always do a few things wrong when it comes to their eating...

1. They grossly OVERESTIMATE their lean body mass. ie. how much muscle they actually have.

2. They grossly UNDERESTIMATE their bodyfat levels.

The result is they eat way too much food/supplements whether it be from chicken breasts or mcdonalds it doesn't matter.

Most of them would look better doing shorter, harder (not necessarily heavier) workouts less often (since they aren't on hormones to help them recover) and eating less food in total.

The thing they have to realize is they will not get very big and lean without steroids plain and simple...

They might get "big" and fat if they stuff themselves but so what?

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #509 on: January 30, 2007, 05:30:47 PM »
Where insulin is present, it will exert its effects on ACC2, which will blunt the transfer of fatty acids to the mitochondria, resulting in fatty acids not used for energy.  The larger amount of insulin that is present, the larger amount of mitochondria will be effected. 

You have more than one mitochondria in your body....and you have more than one insulin receptor.  The scale of the fatty acid blunting will be proportional to the scale of insulin present.  The more amount of insulin, the more amount of ACC2.  The less insulin, the less ACC2. 
Ok, thanks.

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #510 on: January 30, 2007, 06:11:34 PM »
It is more of a genetic thing with blacks.  They have better genetics to survive a famine as their African enviroment weeded out individuals incapable via natural selection.
Their women are fat storage machines.

Yes, Adonis we can't argue with you on these points...

dr.chimps

• Getbig V
  • Chimpus ergo sum
« Reply #511 on: January 30, 2007, 06:17:07 PM »
Fricken' amazing. I'm sure in the bowels of Google Headquarters there's a bunch of sweating IT guys monitoring the huge spike in usage from a certain consumer and wondering whether they have google juice left. Give the boys a break, TA. LOL   

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #512 on: January 30, 2007, 06:18:54 PM »
that's funny because you always hear guys saying that guys on drugs need MORE protein.

Actually steroids were used in germany under Hitlers control...Some of the Jews were given steroids so they could live longer on minimal amounts of proteins and overall calories...

While on steriods the body sucks up nitrogen like a spong...So you could get by with less protein..

the choad

• Time Out
  • Getbig IV
  • King Of All Meltdowns
« Reply #513 on: January 30, 2007, 06:32:02 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=100617.0

That's how i used Adonis's Principles to lose some chest mass, and make my body look more symmetrical...Thanks Adonis you made it all possible.. :o

Necrosis

• Getbig V
« Reply #514 on: January 30, 2007, 07:29:58 PM »
http://www.getbig.com/boards/index.php?topic=100617.0

That's how i used Adonis's Principles to lose some chest mass, and make my body look more symmetrical...Thanks Adonis you made it all possible.. :o
hahaah thats a funny thread. this dude doesnt realize the pesticides, herbicides, poor handling of the food, white buns, deep fryers with tons of fat and shit.the veggies are stored in a freezer for months at a time. the lettuce is brown half the time.

do yo uthink the mcdonalds website is going to post a negative outlook?

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #515 on: January 31, 2007, 12:14:55 AM »
hahaah thats a funny thread. this dude doesnt realize the pesticides, herbicides, poor handling of the food, white buns, deep fryers with tons of fat and shit.the veggies are stored in a freezer for months at a time. the lettuce is brown half the time.

do yo uthink the mcdonalds website is going to post a negative outlook?

I've never had brown lettuce at any McDonalds I've ate at.
!

Van_Bilderass

• Getbig V
  • "Don't Try"
« Reply #516 on: January 31, 2007, 12:21:45 AM »
Actually steroids were used in germany under Hitlers control...Some of the Jews were given steroids so they could live longer on minimal amounts of proteins and overall calories...

While on steriods the body sucks up nitrogen like a spong...So you could get by with less protein..
I doubt Jews were given steroids when Hitler was still in charge. Hitler himself used Schering Testoviron though (according to the journals of his doctor).

Moen

• Getbig IV
  • Getbig!
« Reply #517 on: January 31, 2007, 04:04:53 AM »
One thing I gotta say...

Most true natural bodybuilders (most of whom never compete but just train and follow the sport) almost always do a few things wrong when it comes to their eating...

1. They grossly OVERESTIMATE their lean body mass. ie. how much muscle they actually have.

2. They grossly UNDERESTIMATE their bodyfat levels.

The result is they eat way too much food/supplements whether it be from chicken breasts or mcdonalds it doesn't matter.

Most of them would look better doing shorter, harder (not necessarily heavier) workouts less often (since they aren't on hormones to help them recover) and eating less food in total.

The thing they have to realize is they will not get very big and lean without steroids plain and simple...

They might get "big" and fat if they stuff themselves but so what?

Very true jwb, the human body can do nothing with 4000+ kcals if it is not 'enhanced', well it can do something ofcourse but we all know what and it is not what we're seeking  ;D

SteelePegasus

• Getbig V
  • Life, death, in between is getbig.com
« Reply #518 on: January 31, 2007, 04:11:03 AM »
Fricken' amazing. I'm sure in the bowels of Google Headquarters there's a bunch of sweating IT guys monitoring the huge spike in usage from a certain consumer and wondering whether they have google juice left. Give the boys a break, TA. LOL   

I can see their faces now "what the fuck?, we need to block his IP address"
Here comes the money shot

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #519 on: January 31, 2007, 04:28:39 AM »
The question is not if McDonalds is healthy or not, but why would you want to even eat that stuff? It is flavourless and about as appetising as sawdust, actually sawdust has a better texture than McDonalds.  Covering cheap, flavourless, processed beef in tomato sauce and mayonnaise and sticking it in a horrible piece of bread does not make nice food.  Anyone here could make nicer tasting food than McDonalds.

Benny B

• Time Out
  • Getbig V
  • Ron = 'Princess L' & many other gimmicks - FACT!
« Reply #520 on: January 31, 2007, 04:45:18 AM »
The question is not if McDonalds is healthy or not, but why would you want to even eat that stuff? It is flavourless and about as appetising as sawdust, actually sawdust has a better texture than McDonalds.  Covering cheap, flavourless, processed beef in tomato sauce and mayonnaise and sticking it in a horrible piece of bread does not make nice food.  Anyone here could make nicer tasting food than McDonalds.
McDonald's tastes great. You're retarded.  >:(
!

Saxon

• Getbig IV
  • Heavy Metal Thunder
« Reply #521 on: January 31, 2007, 04:55:33 AM »
McDonald's tastes great. You're retarded.  >:(

No, I know what nice food tastes like  :P

But seriously, any decent pub or chippy (not sure you get those in America) makes nicer burgers than McDonalds.  Buy a decent quality lean mince (ground beef) and your burgers will taste nicer than McDonalds with very little effort.  Buy a good quality cheese, fresh tomatoes, onions and lettuce.  Go to a good bakery or supermarket with a good bread section and get some fresh baps (buns) for your burger.  Much nicer than the cheap, processed crap that comes from McDoanlds and you also know some spotty teenager who doesn't wash his hands after wiping his ass didn't make your dinner!

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #522 on: January 31, 2007, 09:44:31 PM »
Do some research. The cancer rate go way up when cholesterol leverls go down too far. So do other diseases.

Wow I don't normally say this but you should really do research before speaking. I have done the research and in fact most (excluding the people who work for the meat and diary) nutrionists and doctors agree that a diet high in animal fat leads to skyrocketing rates of cancer.  In fact here are but a few stats to prove my point.   And please note I have nothing against meat or dairy but everything comes with a price.

risk of colon cancer for women who eat red meat daily compared to women who eat red meat once a month: 250 % greater.

risk of colon cancer for men who eat red meat weekly compared to those who don't.  38 % greater.

The stats for breast cancer are pretty much the same also researchers have determined a strong link between people who eat little meat to those who do when assessing your rates of contracting and ultimately dieing from lung cancer.

Source of stats:Dr. Singh American Journal of Epidemiology v.148 (1998) 761-74

VY_BUFF

• Getbig II
  • Getbig!
« Reply #523 on: February 01, 2007, 01:29:17 AM »
Fucking Protein powder,  chicken breasts and rice.

I overate like a pig on purpose.  My fault.  What a waste.

TA, dont you think that if you ate clean (chicken, protein, rice) that you would have even better results than the ones you have now on your junk food diet?  I just think its a bit restrictive to eat according to calories and GI index.

Although, I actually believe that your methods do work, I wonder if it is the best, because I think one of the main benefits of weight training was to raise metabolism high enough so that one can eat whatever they want and a lot of it. 

I think the main problem with your principles is that most people cannot truly get full on rich tasty food (which might contain high fat content) while experiencing a caloric deficit.

jwb

• Getbig V
« Reply #524 on: February 01, 2007, 11:16:30 AM »
TA, dont you think that if you ate clean (chicken, protein, rice) that you would have even better results than the ones you have now on your junk food diet?  I just think its a bit restrictive to eat according to calories and GI index.

Although, I actually believe that your methods do work, I wonder if it is the best, because I think one of the main benefits of weight training was to raise metabolism high enough so that one can eat whatever they want and a lot of it. 

I think the main problem with your principles is that most people cannot truly get full on rich tasty food (which might contain high fat content) while experiencing a caloric deficit.
not to mention the constipation... up the soluble fibre content dude!