Author Topic: TORONTO Thread > Deedee, Jag and Toxi?  (Read 5364 times)

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
  • thank you Ron & Getbig, I've had so much fun
TORONTO Thread > Deedee, Jag and Toxi?
« on: February 06, 2007, 03:11:25 PM »
should I google obits instead?

I've love to do Toronto talk.  Did Toxi take you shopping for shoes at Holts and Creeds yet?  He offered, remember and you've got it in writing.  i think he invited me and flower too.

Is Hazelton Lanes still there?  I watched them build it but I doubt they built it to last long.  I lived above the stamp shop next to the wig shop next to Auberge Gavroche, opposite Shoppers Drug Mart, one block up from Yorkville, 2 blocks from Bloor and the Museum.

I lived at 96 Ave Rd for 10 years, i bet that's still there.  then i moved to 92 for 5.

i've never been back, which is so wierd.  I left 15 years ago, maybe more.  I need to see pix.  I reckon they knocked that whole corner down and built a condo?

& everyone died i used to know?

did Michael Daniels die recently?  (I'm not sure whether I dreamed it or I heard a rumour)

Sandy Stagg i know in London.  (She's alive and so very very well, I think,

I've googled Susan & Lorraine and they're still together and I've googled Trelawney Howell and she's still selling.  Norman Orenstein looks older than me and John Katuras has been married for 20 years?

I wanna ask about my very first partner?   I've googled him.  You can guess...

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
Re: TORONTO Thread > Deedee, Jag and Toxi?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2007, 03:37:36 PM »
holy shit..how drunk ws it..lol..

umm i'm going to paki..london..amsterdam come summer....plus buying a car..can we schedule this like end of 2008?

please...

:-[
carpe` vaginum!

Deedee

• Getbig V
  • They sicken of the calm, who knew the storm.
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2007, 03:41:29 PM »
Lol, Toxy, she's got you confused with Playboy.  :)  Don't worry, you're safe!

xxxLinda, I never lived in Toronto, and neither has Toxy. Toxy is American.  I grew up in elsewhere in Canada. Judi and Payboy are the only Torontonians repping us on the girl board I'm afraid.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2007, 03:47:53 PM »
ouch, does that mean there's noone here in Toronto anyways and I was just wondering?

thanks for answering, i just wanted to prove my fallacy

(I knew you were all old ugly fat middle americans anyways, (see other thread, I cannot jump around very easily) not that i have a problem with that, I just thought I'd identified 3 Canadians...  my whatever you call it in computertalk.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2007, 03:49:15 PM »

no, no, Playbuddy understands me.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2007, 03:53:19 PM »

phew...

i wouldn;t mind shelling out for shoes but plane tickets...hotels..food.. party $..i woulda been in trouble.. :(
carpe` vaginum!

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2007, 04:31:11 PM »
where are you going to go buy that car?   Germany?   Do 180mph on the autoban?

get lost.
or stay in america.

only kidding.
the airfare is getting so cheap (this way to america)  & your currency is going down and it will cost me diddly squat to get there and

for you to travel this way will be more than you can imagine.

Look, I'll do a flat/apt swap.  I could get to toronto for 2 weeks for £200 return?

But my place is £250 a week at least, > >it's central, NW,
You'll see 15 celebs just walking home.  I can reel off a list of who is in town and who is staying just down the road from me this week if you like ?

and I'll be straight back, unless I go to NY or Vancouver.  Only kidding, I wouldn't rent my place to noone for no amount of dosh no matter how badly i'm yearning for and remembering how nice it would be to visit TO again.

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2007, 04:32:43 PM »
lol Linda thoust r sloshed!  :)

anyhow..i have my eyes on the Audi quatro TT convertable (parker gave me some really good advice on that)

toxi go wroom!  :D
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 07:13:02 PM »
Linda, you're beginning to freak me out. Not sure if in a good way or a bad way tho...  ;)

It's quite possible we might have met or at least crossed paths. About 17 yrs ago, we lived in, and most probably hung out in the same neighbourhood.

I use to live at Bay / Bloor. Hung out in Yorkville, Bemelmans etc. Bellair Café is no longer.
It's called Sassafras now, ...but I don't think it's re-opened yet. There was a nasty fire there  a couple months ago. Did you know JD (the diamond broker) who lived in the Colonnade?

ps - Did you ever do Stilife... or do I even have to ask?   ;D
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2007, 05:17:49 PM »
thanks so much jag, i reached out to one person in TO.  As I think I said, I lost all contact with everyone that was in my life.  I can still google them, but that's scary. 

I doubt you're as old as me, so you must have been up and coming.  I was working on a magazine and going to and planning the film festival in September.  then I moved to NY.

Thanks for mentioning Bemelmans, I've fond memories and still have a fab postcard someone sent me from there. 

I have one friend left I still keep in touch with but he's obscure.  He lives in Richmond Hill and works at the CNE every year, but has come to visit me here in London 3x.  I got a lovely birthday parcel from him today and it's not for a few weeks yet, I guess he wants a Valentines card in return. 

I opened the package on the spot.  The little sticker on the parcel where you have to declare what it contains says "birthday crap".  I opened the first little present and it's a wonderful pair of socky slippers, the kind they only have in Canada.  I'm exstatic.

Let's let this TO thread die, okay, and I'll spend my time on friends reunited or pm you?

with mad love
from London England
(have you seen our weather forecast, we're getting 7 inches of snow tonight in southern England.
& nowadays they usually get the forecasts right.  Can't wait.  haven't seen snow for ages. 
Maybe it'll just rain though.  And there will most likely be bird flu and more bombs...

xLinda

it's not so cool to name names.  I must tell you though, that it did my head in to learn that Mr. Znaimer lost his TV empire.  Makes no sense to me.  I could obviously have googled and found that out but I didn't, I can't keep up with the news in this here country. 

That's what I loved about Canada, it was so safe and kinda off the map.  Little bit of hockey and that mass murderer in Vcr and that's about it?   

I keep wondering whether I should get back to Canada before they bomb this big city of London again.  I spent the most incredible 1999/2000 party on Vancouver Island with my dad and should really never have bothered to do the across the Atlantic thing again.

just kidding.
Oh I hope it snows tonight, I'll show them how to make snowballs and snowmen, they don't have a clue how to do that here, & the children go mental.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 05:22:19 PM »
Linda, you're beginning to freak me out. Not sure if in a good way or a bad way tho...  ;)

It's quite possible we might have met or at least crossed paths. About 17 yrs ago, we lived in, and most probably hung out in the same neighbourhood.

I use to live at Bay / Bloor. Hung out in Yorkville, Bemelmans etc. Bellair Café is no longer.
It's called Sassafras now, ...but I don't think it's re-opened yet. There was a nasty fire there  a couple months ago. Did you know JD (the diamond broker) who lived in the Colonnade?

ps - Did you ever do Stilife... or do I even have to ask?   ;D

never heard of him (Stilife that is, or is that a psyodename? 

I did know a JD who lived in the Colonnade, but he had a ranch up north and bred horses, no?  I didn't know he was a frigging diamond broker, but that wouldn't have made any difference as I wouldn't have gone anywhere near him the second time, he was boring and way too into himself.

modify:  that JD 'm talking about did not live in 131 Bloor, he lived in the brand new silver skyscraper they put up next to that, so I've forgotten.  I do remember his horse farm up north,
I drove there in my boss's silver jag, on the way to some fantastic lake to visit a real friend.

I'll google Stilife

let this thread die and I'll figure out how to google Toronto properly, ok?
thanks jag
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 05:35:24 PM »
lol Linda thoust r sloshed!  :)

anyhow..i have my eyes on the Audi quatro TT convertable (parker gave me some really good advice on that)

toxi go wroom!  :D

you'll change your mind once you arrive here, everyone's got a TT, it's so last year.

xL

ToxicAvenger

• Getbig V
  • I thawt I taw a twat!
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 06:02:35 PM »
i dont follow anyone expect my desire dahlin!  8)
carpe` vaginum!

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 03:49:38 AM »
never heard of him (Stilife that is, or is that a psyodename? 

I did know a JD who lived in the Colonnade, but he had a ranch up north and bred horses, no?  I didn't know he was a frigging diamond broker, but that wouldn't have made any difference as I wouldn't have gone anywhere near him the second time, he was boring and way too into himself.

modify:  that JD 'm talking about did not live in 131 Bloor, he lived in the brand new silver skyscraper they put up next to that, so I've forgotten.  I do remember his horse farm up north,
I drove there in my boss's silver jag, on the way to some fantastic lake to visit a real friend.

I'll google Stilife

let this thread die and I'll figure out how to google Toronto properly, ok?
thanks jag
xL

Stilife was the name of one of Charles nightclub off Richmond. the same guy who owned Boas in Yorkville.
It's now Fluid. I was gonna ask you if you knew Dusty, but I guess you must.
The JD I'm talking about WAS a diamond broker, but given your description of a man who was boring and way too into himself, ...makes me wonder if he didn't breed horses too. {giggle}

Ok, we can let this thread die.
w

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 09:45:35 AM »
I don't know... I'm starting to get interested.  It's like the Getbig "Gawker."

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2007, 10:33:44 AM »
Stilife was the name of one of Charles nightclub off Richmond. the same guy who owned Boas in Yorkville.
It's now Fluid. I was gonna ask you if you knew Dusty, but I guess you must.
The JD I'm talking about WAS a diamond broker, but given your description of a man who was boring and way too into himself, ...makes me wonder if he didn't breed horses too. {giggle}

Ok, we can let this thread die.

okay, please let me do this, this is the only way I'll find out about the city I once loved and lived in.

St Charles was the first gay club and the corner of yonge and wellesley and yes, I only got in there by strapping my tits down.  Mad dancing.  And the one around the corner.  I need to look up my map, I'm learning London (I've been here more than 10 years) and I lear

n...,,,

anyways, if you'll go with my TO thread, i'll tell you one of my Canadian jokes:  I never used to go north of Bloor in case I got a nosebleed.   

I've told this one to people here today:  In Canada we used to know it was spring when the dog shit thawed.  They wouldn't understand.

Boas must have been after I left, I moved to NY in 86 then to London England in 87.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2007, 10:37:49 AM »

We very definitely have met.
But do you look like your avatar?
xL

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2007, 10:46:12 AM »
I don't know... I'm starting to get interested.  It's like the Getbig "Gawker."

What's the gawker, is that the new local mag? 
Yeah, I worked for Toronto Life and turned down Now Mag.  I nearly worked in TV but left instead.

Deedee

• Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 09, 2007, 11:27:02 AM »

What's the gawker, is that the new local mag? 
Yeah, I worked for Toronto Life and turned down Now Mag.  I nearly worked in TV but left instead.

It's an on-line Manhatten gossip rag... I have it for breakfast with coffee Monday - Friday.

http://gawker.com/

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2007, 03:13:35 PM »

okay, please let me do this, this is the only way I'll find out about the city I once loved and lived in.

St Charles was the first gay club and the corner of yonge and wellesley and yes, I only got in there by strapping my tits down.  Mad dancing.  And the one around the corner.  I need to look up my map, I'm learning London (I've been here more than 10 years) and I lear

n...,,,

{LOL} Not the St. Charles Tavern, ...I'm talking about Charles Khabouth, ...the nite-club king who owned Stilife.

anyways, if you'll go with my TO thread, i'll tell you one of my Canadian jokes:  I never used to go north of Bloor in case I got a nosebleed.

{LOL}  When I lived at Harbourfront, ...I used to say the same thing.

I've told this one to people here today:  In Canada we used to know it was spring when the dog shit thawed.  They wouldn't understand.

Good one!  :D

Boas must have been after I left, I moved to NY in 86 then to London England in 87.

Come to think of it... Boa opened up in early 90's as did Acrobat, ...but the food was sooo good there.

If you left in 86, you might remember 'Café de la Paix' in the Colonnade, ...certainly 'Checkers'... please tell me you knew Checkers... or Tanakas?  :)

How about LeTube?  :D  Did you know Harold A who used to own the toy store on Bloor?  or Alan C who's main rival was Holt's, ...no not the fruit.  ;)  (read between the lines)
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #20 on: February 21, 2007, 01:59:43 PM »
It's an on-line Manhatten gossip rag... I have it for breakfast with coffee Monday - Friday.

http://gawker.com/

manhatten, okay I moved to Manhattan?  I didn't actually make it there, so I moved back to england, but where are we talking about?

I still brag about it:  Toronto was one hour from NY.   Noone knows that (well, it's 17 hours driving, I did that too, but the flight across Niagara in the 8 seater is incredible.  I doubt they still do that.

xL

I left Toronto in 1986.  I remember everything.  I saw every band (i was backstage) except the Rolling Stones.

I gotta go, this is sad, it's my birthday and I turned down dinner with an older male friend of mine and I'm not going to the pub either.

I fell out with my Mum again.  she's bitter and twisted.  I asked her a simple question last week (after listening to an hour about her medical appointments) and she hung up on me.  I didn't even get a card today from my Ma and she lives in the same country as me.

When is Mother's Day?  I think it's in March in England, May in Canada. 
Giveme time and space
with mad love
xL

Verdi Day

Jag:  can you look up my old friends for me (only kidding) they're not on the google though.

I just found out fancy is still alive and now has a pair of chiwow as.  I'm relieved.  I'm never coming back to Toronto, I have enough funerals and birthday parties and weddings to deal with as it is.

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2007, 02:03:21 PM »
{LOL} Not the St. Charles Tavern, ...I'm talking about Charles Khabouth, ...the nite-club king who owned Stilife.

{LOL}  When I lived at Harbourfront, ...I used to say the same thing.

Good one!  :D

Come to think of it... Boa opened up in early 90's as did Acrobat, ...but the food was sooo good there.

If you left in 86, you might remember 'Café de la Paix' in the Colonnade, ...certainly 'Checkers'... please tell me you knew Checkers... or Tanakas?  :)

How about LeTube?  :D  Did you know Harold A who used to own the toy store on Bloor?  or Alan C who's main rival was Holt's, ...no not the fruit.  ;)  (read between the lines)

I need to back up, thanks so much Jag, you must be about 39 like me.  I remember everything up till 1986 when I went to NY to be a secretary, shipping expert and model.

xL

I need to re-read your post, ta so much for the memories...

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2007, 02:44:25 PM »

I'm prepared to show my age...

the St Charles was the corner of Wellesley, and yep, I went, there, i got in with my gay mate.  I think I remember that I had to strap my tits down to get in upstairs, then we went to the club around the corner across the street, downstairs, the Manatee, and I got in there too.

Momma Coopers was upstairs at St. Charles.  I think they turned it into a McDonalds?  I went there every weekend for at least ten years and Sugars across Yonge St (that's where I met Mel Gibson) and the Ports of Call when someone was paying?

'round the corner was where they invented earth shoes and the whole building was painted as a rainbow and I lived upstairs there in a commune loft thing when I was 21.  Later we moved up to Yorkville. 

xL

look, sorry, I left in 1986.  I haven't even seen that fantastic sports arena you've built with the lid.  I worked at the CN tower and at Harbour Castle as pa to the architects.

still backing up to read your post, gotta eat this cake they made me & I've got a gottle of champage to open

my internet is not working very well, I think it's something in the stars.  My taps/plumbing and tv/ariel went fucky today too.  yesterday my fuse box went and I have 15' foot high ceilings and I'm not in the mood for climbing a ladder unless someone is there to catch me or call 999.

I'm gonna sign off.
But I'd love to tell you about the two Italian men I met on Monday who live nextdoor, play in a jazz band from Verona.  They've gone to Dublin for 5 days (£40 return).  The 6' one with the curly hair and the funny ears plays double bass.

24KT

• Getbig V
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2007, 05:21:08 PM »

I need to back up, thanks so much Jag, you must be about 39 like me.  I remember everything up till 1986 when I went to NY to be a secretary, shipping expert and model.

xL

I need to re-read your post, ta so much for the memories...

Nope. I'm not 39. Remember, when I was 14, my boyfriend was 21, so I've been going to nightclubs since 14.

must be 39 {grumble} {growl}  :-\  ...there seriously needs to be a raised eyebrow emoticon.
w

xxxLinda

• Getbig V
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2007, 05:47:40 AM »
i just hate those smiley things that come up when i hit backspace too fast, i think I've finally turned them off though.

If you can do maths you can work out how old I am.

I'll need to re-read this thread.
Yeah, i knew Dusty.  Was that the fat hilarious drag queen with the Great Imposters/Craig Russell or are you talking about Dusty Springfield?

xL