Author Topic: NBA's Ron Artest animal cruelty  (Read 12088 times)

nycbull

• Getbig V
  • Team Jay Should Have Won
Re: NBA's Ron Artest animal cruelty
« Reply #50 on: February 09, 2007, 09:04:03 AM »
I bet you are one of these people that thinks people who OVERFEED their pets is a form of abuse too??? lol

Not so much abuse but over indulgence. Over indulgence isn't good for children, pets or for anyone for that matter.

Why exactly do you want to get in the way of people who are trying to do good things for animals who are suffering at the hands of humans?

Were you bitten by a little fluffy dog when you were a boy? 

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #51 on: February 09, 2007, 09:25:52 AM »
Not so much abuse but over indulgence. Over indulgence isn't good for children, pets or for anyone for that matter.

Why exactly do you want to get in the way of people who are trying to do good things for animals who are suffering at the hands of humans?

Were you bitten by a little fluffy dog when you were a boy? 

I DO NOT want to get in the way of people who do good for animals.... BUT
I do NOT think that animal NEGLECT or Overindulgence should result in Punishment by death.
Body88 and Max Rep both feel DEATH is a fair punishment for someone who NEGLECTS their pet.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #52 on: February 09, 2007, 09:58:03 AM »

Face it Max Rep. you would rather a stranger die then your own dog, am I wrong>?

I guess that depends on which human... a rapist... a terrorist... a gang-banger or a heart surgeon. I always feel remorse when I hear of a death of a good person. Do I feel the same way when it is a hardened criminal or terrorist? No.

We even have humane ways of punishing or putting people to death that have committed the most vicious crimes yet we make our terminally ill people suffer in agony and call it humanity.

We abuse animals in the most inconceivable ways and pass it off by saying "well it's just an animal".

There is no excuse for abuse or neglect be it an animal, a child, a woman, an elder or anyone who can’t fend for themselves.

and keep moving!

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #53 on: February 09, 2007, 02:24:49 PM »
Piece of crap can't take care of shit  ::)

Dog of NBA Star Ron Artest Seized by Animal Services After Reports it Was Underfed
Wednesday, February 07, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION 
 Feb. 5: Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest (93) shoots over New Orleans Hornets center.

AP
SACRAMENTO —  Animal services officers seized a Great Dane from the mansion of Sacramento Kings star Ron Artest, saying the dog was underfed.

Neighbors complained for weeks that the dog — named Socks — appeared to be starving inside a gated area on Artest's $1.85 million estate in rural Loomis, according to a county report.

On Jan. 30, animal services officers visited Artest's home and issued a "pre-seizure" notice, warning him that the female Great Dane would be taken into custody if the animal care didn't improve.

Placer County animal services officers returned to Artest's home Monday and removed Socks.

Artest has 10 days to request a hearing, county spokeswoman Anita Yoder said.

Artest's publicist, Heidi Buech, declined to comment when reached by The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The episode has so upset neighbors in Artest's gated community that the homeowners' association plans to vote next week on guidelines that would require members to properly care for their animals.

Artest signed with the Kings last January for $7.15 million this season and $7.8 million in 2007-08, with an $8.45 million player option for 2008-09.

I SAY TAKE THE DAMN DOG INTO THE STREETS AND BURN IT ALIVE IN FRONT OF THOSE NEIGHBORS...

I WOULD JUST LOVE TO SEE THE BOTOXED FACED HIGH FALUTING NEIGHBORS BURST INTO TEARS AS THEIR BEASTIALIC DREAMS OF "DOG SEX" GOES UP IN FLAMES. I TELL YA SOME FUCKS ARE SO DAMN MENTALLY SICK OVER DOGS IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY. IMAGINE THE MAGNITUDE OF HOMELESS ALL AROUND CALIFORNIA AND THEY ARE CONCERNED WITH SOME MANGY DOG...FOR CHRIST SAKES GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!
C

SWOLETRAIN

• Getbig IV
« Reply #54 on: February 09, 2007, 02:43:34 PM »
were gonna see ron on the dog whisperer
-

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #55 on: February 09, 2007, 03:20:16 PM »
I guess that depends on which human... a rapist... a terrorist... a gang-banger or a heart surgeon. I always feel remorse when I hear of a death of a good person. Do I feel the same way when it is a hardened criminal or terrorist? No.

We even have humane ways of punishing or putting people to death that have committed the most vicious crimes yet we make our terminally ill people suffer in agony and call it humanity.

We abuse animals in the most inconceivable ways and pass it off by saying "well it's just an animal".

There is no excuse for abuse or neglect be it an animal, a child, a woman, an elder or anyone who can’t fend for themselves.

Fair enough.. Let me ask again...

Max Rep, would you rather an INNOCENT stranger be put to death or your own dog be put to death?

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #56 on: February 09, 2007, 03:24:41 PM »
I SAY TAKE THE DAMN DOG INTO THE STREETS AND BURN IT ALIVE IN FRONT OF THOSE NEIGHBORS...

I WOULD JUST LOVE TO SEE THE BOTOXED FACED HIGH FALUTING NEIGHBORS BURST INTO TEARS AS THEIR BEASTIALIC DREAMS OF "DOG SEX" GOES UP IN FLAMES. I TELL YA SOME FUCKS ARE SO DAMN MENTALLY SICK OVER DOGS IT IS NOT EVEN FUNNY. IMAGINE THE MAGNITUDE OF HOMELESS ALL AROUND CALIFORNIA AND THEY ARE CONCERNED WITH SOME MANGY DOG...FOR CHRIST SAKES GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!

Although I dont think the dog should be burned , I DO agree that society/govt is highly disturbed to have an animal service that busts down doors to rescue neglected animals when we have human beings starving and homeless living on the streets.
It is VERY sad and disturbing that people have such an infatuation with a animal and perhaps you are right... maby they do have beastialic dreams........ very disturbing indeed.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #57 on: February 09, 2007, 05:38:09 PM »
Fair enough.. Let me ask again...

Max Rep, would you rather an INNOCENT stranger be put to death or your own dog be put to death?

Son there’s a significant distance between “if”… “just suppose”… and “is”. Hypothetical questions are about as useful as saying…

…“If my Grandmother would have had balls, she would have been my Grandfather.”

Or…

“If I had picked all six numbers on Lotto, I’d be rich right now.”

Don’t concern yourself over who I am or what my values are, concern yourself over your own.
and keep moving!

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #58 on: February 09, 2007, 06:15:15 PM »
Son there’s a significant distance between “if”… “just suppose”… and “is”. Hypothetical questions are about as useful as saying…

…“If my Grandmother would have had balls, she would have been my Grandfather.”

Or…

“If I had picked all six numbers on Lotto, I’d be rich right now.”

Don’t concern yourself over who I am or what my values are, concern yourself over your own.

Please stop changing the subject.
I asked you a simple question and I will ask once again.
MaxRep, would you rather an INNOCENT stranger be put to death on your own dog be put to death?

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #59 on: February 09, 2007, 06:18:03 PM »
Devon97 you are certainly on a strange mission to get in the way of people expressing compassion for an animal. As I asked before, was it Chiwawa that bit you when you were a boy or a Toy Poodle?  Or was it a little kitty that came around a corner to quickly and startled you? Sorry for that, it must have been scary.

But listen dude, helping animals is not mutually exlusive from helping humans. A more humane world for animals is by extension a more humane world for people and children.  They are not at odds with each other. You don't have to destoy one to have the other. They can both co-exist.  And they can benefit from each other.

It is the anti-animal propganda put out by Animal-exploitation industries that wants you to believe that if you care about animals then children will suffer. There is no logic to that.

These exploitive industries include the very very wealthy meat, fur, pet breeding and vivesection industries who have in recent years spent millions of dollars to hire PR firms to convince people that helping animals is at odds with helping children. Clever, but an out and out lie. There are no facts to support this ridiculous idea and for you to spread it here is highly suspect and highly immoral.

If you have concern for children and you are unhappy how they are treated in this country I hardly think campaining here against animal welfare is a wise choice. I think you are deeply misguided.

Animals are not overly protected by a long shot. Pets have some flimsy laws on the books but animals that are hunted, on farms and in laboratories have none. The laws to protect puppies in puppy mills are rarely enforced because there is no money. Animal protection groups rely on generous donors to put abusers behind bars not tax dollars.

We pride ourselves on being a civilized nation. But it is Great Britain that is looked to as one of the most civilized cultures in the world, and is it any wonder that they lead the world in animal protection laws as well. They realize that a society is only as good as how its meekest live. In contrast third world countries have little if no animal protection.  The United States has a ways to go to be a truly civilized nation.

Devon97 I am callin on you to stop supporting the propaganda put out by animal -profiteering industries and their higly paid lobbiest and public relations firms and start thinking for yourself.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #60 on: February 09, 2007, 07:22:48 PM »
Please stop changing the subject.
I asked you a simple question and I will ask once again.
MaxRep, would you rather an INNOCENT stranger be put to death on your own dog be put to death?

Can the INNOCENT stranger be you?  ;D

Just so we're clear... I know exactly who you are and why you are pushing for this answer. We've been dowm this road before.
and keep moving!

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #61 on: February 10, 2007, 12:47:08 AM »
Devon97 you are certainly on a strange mission to get in the way of people expressing compassion for an animal. As I asked before, was it Chiwawa that bit you when you were a boy or a Toy Poodle?  Or was it a little kitty that came around a corner to quickly and startled you? Sorry for that, it must have been scary.

But listen dude, helping animals is not mutually exlusive from helping humans. A more humane world for animals is by extension a more humane world for people and children.  They are not at odds with each other. You don't have to destoy one to have the other. They can both co-exist.  And they can benefit from each other.

It is the anti-animal propganda put out by Animal-exploitation industries that wants you to believe that if you care about animals then children will suffer. There is no logic to that.

These exploitive industries include the very very wealthy meat, fur, pet breeding and vivesection industries who have in recent years spent millions of dollars to hire PR firms to convince people that helping animals is at odds with helping children. Clever, but an out and out lie. There are no facts to support this ridiculous idea and for you to spread it here is highly suspect and highly immoral.

If you have concern for children and you are unhappy how they are treated in this country I hardly think campaining here against animal welfare is a wise choice. I think you are deeply misguided.

Animals are not overly protected by a long shot. Pets have some flimsy laws on the books but animals that are hunted, on farms and in laboratories have none. The laws to protect puppies in puppy mills are rarely enforced because there is no money. Animal protection groups rely on generous donors to put abusers behind bars not tax dollars.

We pride ourselves on being a civilized nation. But it is Great Britain that is looked to as one of the most civilized cultures in the world, and is it any wonder that they lead the world in animal protection laws as well. They realize that a society is only as good as how its meekest live. In contrast third world countries have little if no animal protection.  The United States has a ways to go to be a truly civilized nation.

Devon97 I am callin on you to stop supporting the propaganda put out by animal -profiteering industries and their higly paid lobbiest and public relations firms and start thinking for yourself.

VERY nicely put nycbull!  :)
and keep moving!

gtbro1

• Getbig V
« Reply #62 on: February 10, 2007, 12:57:43 AM »

Don't even bother, Devon is either a gimmick, or border line autistic.

What about stupid?

I vote stupid.

Luv2Hurt

• Competitors II
  • Getbig V
« Reply #63 on: February 10, 2007, 04:30:48 AM »
You are correct, in that Max Rep did NOT say that it was worse to neglect a dog that a child.
The disturbing thing is that he grouped them all together!
Dogs are animals, if he trapped a racoon and kept it as a pet would it still be a crime?  What about an oppossum? What about a rat? What about a toad? What about a grasshopper? Where do we draw the line?

It has to do with the human trait, compassion.  Without it we ARE the equal of the animals.  As good people it is our obligation to look out for those or them that can not take care of themselves and pets fit that description.  You dont go out and get a living, breathing pet and then not give it a good life, those kinds of things will turn up haunting you in the grand scheme of things.  Some people think compassion is less than macho, and these little boys just have not grown up yet.....even though they could be 50 years old it dont matter.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #64 on: February 10, 2007, 05:28:54 AM »
Can the INNOCENT stranger be you?  ;D

Just so we're clear... I know exactly who you are and why you are pushing for this answer. We've been dowm this road before.

Perhaps, the Innocent stranger could be anyone.  I can assure you , you do not know who I am as I have never debated anything before with you on this board or any board. We have never been down any road before my friend.

So I take it you will not answer the question?

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #65 on: February 10, 2007, 07:11:35 AM »
Max-Rep, dont fall for these unrelealistic hypothetical questions posed by Devon97. He has an immature and amature way of debating. I have been asked these type of questions all the time from people like Devon97 who are insensitive to animal sufferring. It is their only form of arguing and it is juvenile.

At this point it would serve no purpose to answer him because he will continue to pose outrageous and unrealistic hypotheticals thinking he is so clever. "Hey NYCBull would you do nuclear radiation experiments on a monkey or slap a small child? hahahaha

oh brother

valhalla

• Getbig II
« Reply #66 on: February 10, 2007, 07:34:04 AM »

Animals are not overly protected by a long shot. Pets have some flimsy laws on the books but animals that are hunted, on farms and in laboratories have none. The laws to protect puppies in puppy mills are rarely enforced because there is no money. Animal protection groups(aka PETA) rely on generous donors to put money in their own fat pockets!! abusers behind bars not tax dollars.

Fuck PETA and the rest of you treehuggers!!

nycbull

• Getbig V
« Reply #67 on: February 10, 2007, 08:18:59 AM »

f**k PETA and the rest of you treehuggers!!

Hey guys it seems we have another member missing the sensitivity chip.

Oh well like I said there will always be a certain percentage of people who are lacking it.

valhalla, good luck to anyone that gets close to you.

sandycoosworth

« Reply #68 on: February 10, 2007, 08:22:18 AM »
why isnt this thread moved as well ... if threads are gonna be moved should be consistant shouldnt it

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
« Reply #69 on: February 10, 2007, 09:54:56 AM »
Max-Rep, dont fall for these unrelealistic hypothetical questions posed by Devon97. He has an immature and amature way of debating. I have been asked these type of questions all the time from people like Devon97 who are insensitive to animal sufferring. It is their only form of arguing and it is juvenile.

At this point it would serve no purpose to answer him because he will continue to pose outrageous and unrealistic hypotheticals thinking he is so clever. "Hey NYCBull would you do nuclear radiation experiments on a monkey or slap a small child? hahahaha

oh brother

Thanks cycbull. Trust me I'm a Master Debater  ;D and I fully understand linguistic double binds. I won't engage in his antics. I cannot put any weight on what a person says that has no compassion thinking that being callous makes him more a man.

He thinks I don't remember his entire language pattern from a similar argument over a year ago. It's as transparent as a signature or a fingerprint.
and keep moving!

body88

« Reply #70 on: February 10, 2007, 10:05:47 AM »
Devon is an obvious gimmick designed to piss people off. There is about 400 million gimmicks on this site now in days. Person makes statement, gimmick types whatever answer will get the biggest rise out of poster, gimmick smiles and looks around bedroom, gimmick notices it is 10:30pm, gimmick relizes he did not do homework , gimmick turns of nightlight,puts in retainers, goes to bed.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #71 on: February 10, 2007, 10:36:56 AM »

dog, cats, horses, whatever......... those are all living creatures, just like us, we are lucky because we are on top, that's it!!! let's imagine here if it was the other way around, what would you think?

any living animal (including us) as the right to live in full, there is no excuses what so ever to what ron did, he's a moron, , selfish person!

how many cases do you think exist, man i don't know where to begin, everybody saw in the news 40-50- dogs left by themself starving, by breeders. and all they get is a little fine 500$. and they start all over again the week after..... some people just don't understand, they have no heart!

if ron was one of my neighbor, i'll be the first one to call........... and if i get the chance, smack him in the face!!!
are you delusional?

SAMSON123

• Getbig V
« Reply #72 on: February 10, 2007, 10:39:08 AM »

YOUARE ONE SICK BASTARD....

Someones home was broken into and privacy violated over a god damn dog and you are not moved at all about it. There are countless accounts of children who are violated, exploited and even killed and not one agency comes to their rescue until there is gross gross negligence or even death inwhich it is too late then. As it stands a beastialic neighbor can make all sorts of claims against another neighbor and some animal cruelty agency could then burst into your home and violate your privacy not to mnetion possibly burgularize your home while in the process. After their break in, was there a 24 hour guard placed at the residence to secure it, since the locks and/or the door was violated in order to gain entry? Who is going to pay for this damage to this man's home? What law supercedes a person right to privacy...not to mention breaking and entering on the suspicion of a dog being hungry? This case is far greater and reaching than one can iimagine...once again it speaks of the RIGHTS OF PEOPLE BEING VIOLATED. This is no differnt than a false accusation or claim causing someone else to be arrested, or jailed or even killed. If the neighbor was so concerned with the supposed hunger of the dog...why didn't they just feed it?

so far as your opinion of the right of the co-existance of animals and humans...yeah GOD created the animals for a reason and put them in subjigation by humans...that means they are LESS THAN HUMANS ...NOT EQUALS. Your argument tries to equate the two and make one believe that an animal is the equivalent of a family member/human in importance and therefore should be treated and held up as such. THIS IS MADNESS. This is the BEASTIALICS mindset...animals are more important to you than a HUMAN LIFE AND CERTAINLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN A HUMANS RIGHTS. By the way do you realize that PETA slaughter 75% to 90% of all animals it rescues???
http://www.petakillsanimals.com/
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?file=/c/a/2005/06/23/EDG11DC9BK1.DTL
http://www.consumerfreedom.com/news_detail.cfm?headline=2833
http://www.newsobserver.com/102/story/535593.html

ANIMAL LOVERS ARE A SICK GROUP
C

cheeksmaliod

• Getbig II
« Reply #73 on: February 10, 2007, 11:25:45 AM »
Abuse to animals is wrong that is not really a debate, the debate here and it seems in society is to what liberties do we afford animals.  I say that animals should be afforded the right to not be abused or neglected, but with that said how do we afford the money to enforce and moniter these laws.  Simple, better enforcement right out of the gate.  To buy an animal it must first be neuter to prevent countless thousands of unwanted births allowing only lisenced breeders to continue breeding them.  Secondly, it should be more expensive.  Many people would think twice about buying a dog if the cost was say 500 dollars and not 50 dollars.  And lastly impose a tax on the sale of the dog which would go towards funding an agency that would prevent the mistreatment of these animals. 

Dogs maybe shouldn't have all the same rights as humans as they can't vote or own property but to say that a dog's life is meaningless is just plain dumb esp. when you consider that people voluntary bring them into their home.

A cats life on the other hand......kill'em all.

beatmaster

• Getbig IV
  • Save a tree, eat a beaver
« Reply #74 on: February 10, 2007, 11:39:57 AM »
..yeah GOD created the animals for a reason and put them in subjigation by humans....... Suuuuuuuuuuuure he did

......... THIS IS MADNESS. This is the BEASTIALICS mindset...animals are more important to you than a HUMAN LIFE AND CERTAINLY MORE IMPORTANT THAN A HUMANS RIGHTS.........
wow, please stop my head hurts.... OK L'ets kill every animals in sight, their not important

By the way do you realize that PETA slaughter 75% to 90% of all animals it rescues???
................. because stupid morons can't take care of them or they we're in a so bad conditions from stupid owners.

ANIMAL LOVERS ARE A SICK GROUP........... Yep and i hope there is enough left for your grand chirldrens to see....

wow, i'm impresse, really, your the man, keep it up, positive.............. yessssssssss
are you delusional?