Author Topic: NBA's Ron Artest animal cruelty  (Read 12094 times)

youandme

• Getbig V
NBA's Ron Artest animal cruelty
« on: February 07, 2007, 08:23:17 PM »
Piece of crap can't take care of shit  ::)

Dog of NBA Star Ron Artest Seized by Animal Services After Reports it Was Underfed
Wednesday, February 07, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION 
 Feb. 5: Sacramento Kings forward Ron Artest (93) shoots over New Orleans Hornets center.

AP
SACRAMENTO —  Animal services officers seized a Great Dane from the mansion of Sacramento Kings star Ron Artest, saying the dog was underfed.

Neighbors complained for weeks that the dog — named Socks — appeared to be starving inside a gated area on Artest's $1.85 million estate in rural Loomis, according to a county report.

On Jan. 30, animal services officers visited Artest's home and issued a "pre-seizure" notice, warning him that the female Great Dane would be taken into custody if the animal care didn't improve.

Placer County animal services officers returned to Artest's home Monday and removed Socks.

Artest has 10 days to request a hearing, county spokeswoman Anita Yoder said.

Artest's publicist, Heidi Buech, declined to comment when reached by The Associated Press on Wednesday.

The episode has so upset neighbors in Artest's gated community that the homeowners' association plans to vote next week on guidelines that would require members to properly care for their animals.

Artest signed with the Kings last January for $7.15 million this season and $7.8 million in 2007-08, with an $8.45 million player option for 2008-09.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
Re: NBA's Ron Artest animal cruelty
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 08:25:24 PM »
There isn't a circle of Hell hot enough for him.

thisiskeith12

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 09:55:27 PM »
Guess he's too busy working on his record label.  ::)

He could have at least left the water hose running or left the fence open so the dog could run away.

Max_Rep

• Max Rep
  • Getbig IV
  • It’s about how hard you can GET hit...
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2007, 12:44:36 AM »
Throw away the key. There is not excuse for child, spousal or animal cruelty or neglect.
and keep moving!

Bronx

• Getbig III
  • MuscleMag Group Photo Editor
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2007, 05:14:34 AM »
Especially a millionaire. Hire someone for fucks sake!

IceCold

• Getbig V
  • Getbig!
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2007, 09:40:46 AM »
this guy really is a worthless piece of shit. 
R.I.P. DIMEBAG DARRELL ABBOTT (1966-2004)

dizzleman06

• Getbig III
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2007, 09:44:20 AM »
nothing angers me more...

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2007, 09:45:15 AM »
Throw away the key. There is not excuse for child, spousal or animal cruelty or neglect.

So you think animal neglect is just as bad as Child or spousal neglect?

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2007, 09:45:50 AM »
i concur with other comments here.  i mean, how lazy can you get?  the punishment never fits the crime IMO...
i

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2007, 09:49:57 AM »

ROFL it's a fucking dog. Sure it's a prick move but christ let's not get the food chain twisted
$

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination
« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2007, 09:51:11 AM »
A moron is a moron no matter what. Millions of dollars wont change the fact that he's fucking stupid, nor will it make him a better person.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2007, 09:51:33 AM »

ROFL it's a fucking dog. Sure it's a prick move but christ let's not get the food chain twisted

Exactly,  It ALWAYS amazes me how people think animals are their EQUAL!

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2007, 10:06:02 AM »
i concur with other comments here.  i mean, how lazy can you get?  the punishment never fits the crime IMO...
I agree but let's examine this shall we?

What is Ron Artest? Hmmm? I know he's a pro BB player but what is he? Uh huh. EXACTLY!
?

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #13 on: February 08, 2007, 10:16:22 AM »

I agree, 100%

wood

• Competitors II
  • Getbig III
« Reply #14 on: February 08, 2007, 10:21:16 AM »
I think i know where you're going with that, but i have to disagree on that one, neglect/abuse of animals is a crime by all races.  Elderly whites are especially guilty of hoarding animals because of loneliness and mental illness.  Hell, other races eat them, ahha...

You can't tell me that he didn't get a Great Dane as a status symbol and that once he found out how much responsibility it was, began to neglect it.  Others get Pit Bulls because they look tough and once they get tired of it, chain it up and it then becomes agressive, etc.

I don't think of dogs or animals in general as equals, but instead, the irresponsible owners are the POS for not taking responsibility for the upkeep.
i

body88

« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2007, 10:29:36 AM »
Exactly,  It ALWAYS amazes me how people think animals are their EQUAL!

The point is, a dog left without food and water is defenseless. It is like leaving a small child alone with no food or water. Obviously it is not as bad a leaving a small child home alone, locked up, with no food, or water. That is not what rep was saying. What  Artest did such a scumbag move. Wtf did the dog do, to deserve being starved to death? No one was saying it was worse then abusing kids. He was saying people who abuse children, defensless animals or people are scumbags. People who abuse animals (especially pets) are pieces of shit.

"Throw away the key. There is no excuse for child, spousal or animal cruelty or neglect."

Apparently you cant read "Devon" To you its just a dog, to people who are not total dipshits its an innocent animal that no one has the right to abuse for no reason. Especially a millionaire nba player. No one said it was worse then abusing a small child. He said there was excuse for any of the offenses. Which there isn't.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 10:44:35 AM »
The point is, a dog left without food and water is defenseless. It is like leaving a small child alone with no food or water. Obviously it is not as bad a leaving a small child home alone, locked up, with no food, or water. That is not what rep was saying. What   Artest did was a  scumbag move. No one was saying it was worse then abusing kids. He was saying people who abuse children, defensless animals or people are scumbags. People who abuse animals (especially pets) are pieces of shit.

"Throw away the key. There is no excuse for child, spousal or animal cruelty or neglect."

Apparently you cant read "Devon" To you its just a dog, to people who are not total dipshits its an innocent animal that no one has the right to abuse for no reason. Especially a millionaire nba player. No one said it was worse then abusing a small child. He said there was excuse for any of the offenses. Which there isn't.

You are correct, in that Max Rep did NOT say that it was worse to neglect a dog that a child.
The disturbing thing is that he grouped them all together!
Dogs are animals, if he trapped a racoon and kept it as a pet would it still be a crime?  What about an oppossum? What about a rat? What about a toad? What about a grasshopper? Where do we draw the line?

BroadStreetBruiser

• Getbig V
  • "In Falcon We Trust"
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:03 AM »
This goes hand in hand with everybody thinking a pet is like a "starter kit" human. I hate pets. I hate fucking dogs even more.
$

Blockhead

• Toms
  • Getbig V
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 10:46:44 AM »
I think i know where you're going with that, but i have to disagree on that one, neglect/abuse of animals is a crime by all races.  Elderly whites are especially guilty of hoarding animals because of loneliness and mental illness.  Hell, other races eat them, ahha...

You can't tell me that he didn't get a Great Dane as a status symbol and that once he found out how much responsibility it was, began to neglect it.  Others get Pit Bulls because they look tough and once they get tired of it, chain it up and it then becomes agressive, etc.

I don't think of dogs or animals in general as equals, but instead, the irresponsible owners are the POS for not taking responsibility for the upkeep.
Good points. I agree. It wasn't too long ago there was a case where an elderly senile woman had like 50 cats and 20 dogs and her home was covered from wall to wall w/ feces and urine and they were all sick and malnurished.

I do find it very very funny and you mentioned it...that lots of negroe men like to have a 'pit bull' as a status symbol. It's a BET thing if you ask me. It's a 'ghetto gangsta' thing. Pitbulls.

Hahaha...some even get a PIT BULL tattoo on their shoulder. Hahahaha..."Don't TEST!"

Hahahaha...
?

body88

« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2007, 10:48:45 AM »
You are correct, in that Max Rep did NOT say that it was worse to neglect a dog that a child.
The disturbing thing is that he grouped them all together!
Dogs are animals, if he trapped a racoon and kept it as a pet would it still be a crime?  What about an oppossum? What about a rat? What about a toad? What about a grasshopper? Where do we draw the line?

What the hell are you talking about? Trapping a racoon and keeping it as a pet is not the same as abusing an inocent animal to death. The line is drawn at people who take animals who did nothing to them and torture them to death. This is expecially shitty if the person does it to his own pet.

So what he grouped  abusing people and animals together? He did that because there is no excuse to abuse or torture any living thing, for no reason. He never said he should be in jail. He never said Artest should be killed for torturing an animal. He said there was no excuse, which there isn't. Fyi , people who kill and torture puppys, and all that sick shit. More often then not move on to people. Stop trying to rationalize animal cruelty with incoharent babble. The guy said there was no excuse. You think killing puppys for fun is ok, since they are not humans?

Oh brother I can already tell debating you is going to be an experience.

body88

« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2007, 10:50:48 AM »
This goes hand in hand with everybody thinking a pet is like a "starter kit" human. I hate pets. I hate fucking dogs even more.

Torturing dogs to death is cool, since they are not humans ::) Even a schizo like you woulden't think that.

Don Miracle

• Getbig II
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2007, 10:54:42 AM »
An abuser of animals is an abuser of people, to be excused only by other abusers.  It's real simple: Wrong is wrong.

Devon97

• Getbig V
  • Keith lives on...
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2007, 10:55:56 AM »
What the hell are you talking about? Trapping a racoon and keeping it as a pet is not the same as abusing an inocent animal to death. The line is drawn at people who take animals who did nothing to them and torture them to death. This is expecially shitty if the person does it to his own pet.

So what he grouped  abusing people and animals together. He did that because there is not excuse to abuse torture any living thing for no reason. He never said he should be in jail. He never said he should be killed for torturing an animal. He said there was no excuse, which there isn't. Fyi , people who kill and torture puppys, and all that sick shit. More often then not move on to people. Stop trying to rationalize animal cruelty with incoharent babble. The guy said there was no excuse. You think killing puppys for fun is ok, since they are not humans?

Oh brother I can already tell debating you is going to be an experience.

Ok well I read the Artest article and I didnt catch the part where he abused and tortured his dog and killed puppies? Because you mentioned all of those in your quoted post.
I thought he neglected it......

HUGEPECS

• Getbig V
  • School of Hard knocks Gym
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2007, 10:56:17 AM »
where Ma dawgs at?
Get Big, or Die Trying

body88

« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2007, 10:57:06 AM »
Ok well I read the Artest article and I didnt catch the part where he abused and tortured his dog and killed puppies? Because you mentioned all of those in your quoted post.
I thought he neglected it......

Oh brother, nevermind.