Author Topic: Is the desire for the US to lose in Iraq representative of American Liberals?  (Read 7997 times)

OzmO

• Getbig V
  • Drink enough Kool-aid and you'll think its healthy
Or is it more BS propaganda spewed from neo-con to keep the drone's attention from the real issue that Iraq was a BIG f-ing Blunder?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
  • Different Dunes, Same Sand
It's a fact some on the far Left want us to lose in Iraq; our very own Ribonucleic has even gone as far as to admit it.  Others aren't so candid.
Thread Killer

kh300

• Getbig V
if the war goes well,, or we succeed -republicans win

if we leave or we dont accomplish whatever we set out to do -democrates win

now if your a democrate would you not be motivated a little to see things go your way?

OKMike

• Getbig III
  • Getbig!

now if your a democrate would you not be motivated a little to see things go your way?

I agree.  Some in the left would rather see Bush lose than America succeed.  That makes me sick.  I don't like Clinton and did not vote for him, but I never wished him to make a mistake that would harm the country to make the republicans look better.

ribonucleic

• Getbig V
  • I bring you ultimate reality!
I never wished him to make a mistake that would harm the country

The sooner we acknowledge our defeat and leave, the fewer people will die.

That's my idea of avoiding harm.

kh300

• Getbig V
I agree.  Some in the left would rather see Bush lose than America succeed.  That makes me sick.  I don't like Clinton and did not vote for him, but I never wished him to make a mistake that would harm the country to make the reupblicans look better.

heres the thing i dont understand,, the vast majority of soldier deaths in iraq come from road bombs when your traveling between safer areas. i was in iraq working for a private company.. when we traveled we were provided with a bomb proof vest,, this vest could take a ied. problem was they are very expensive.. some soldiers dont even have the proper equipment, let alone a vest that can stop shrapnel from hitting your vital organs.. cant help but think that those war budjets that never pass might be for a reason

think about it,, soldiers without the proper equipment =more deaths.. if many can suggest that our government was responsible for 911, then i cant be too far off to think these people dont mind seeing a few extra dead soldiers to further their own cause

kh300

• Getbig V

if we leave now,, it would cause even more deaths,, iraq would be devistated and taken over,, oil would be gone too

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
heres the thing i dont understand,, the vast majority of soldier deaths in iraq come from road bombs when your traveling between safer areas. i was in iraq working for a private company.. when we traveled we were provided with a bomb proof vest,, this vest could take a ied. problem was they are very expensive.. some soldiers dont even have the proper equipment, let alone a vest that can stop shrapnel from hitting your vital organs.. cant help but think that those war budjets that never pass might be for a reason

think about it,, soldiers without the proper equipment =more deaths.. if many can suggest that our government was responsible for 911, then i cant be too far off to think these people dont mind seeing a few extra dead soldiers to further their own cause

So you're saying some Liberal Politicians want soldiers to die in order to further their cause?

BRUCE

• Getbig IV

Did you write that post cowering under a table?  I'm sure you'll never leave your house again becuase you can 'avoid harm' by doing so.
Thread Killer

kh300

• Getbig V
So you're saying some Liberal Politicians want soldiers to die in order to further their cause?

i hope not,, but i wouldnt put it past them,, why else are the soldiers not provided with better equipment? whats the new budjet plan 90 something million that the libs dont want to pass. thats a lot of safety equipment, body armour,bomb proof truck armour, and on and on that may not be provided to the soldiers

ieffinhatecardio

• Getbig V
  • More proof God is a man.
i hope not,, but i wouldnt put it past them,, why else are the soldiers not provided with better equipment? whats the new budjet plan 90 something million that the libs dont want to pass. thats a lot of safety equipment, body armour,bomb proof truck armour, and on and on that may not be provided to the soldiers

I'm curious what you or any conservative on this board would say if a liberal member posted that conservative politicians wanted Americans to die to further their agenda.

Your post illustrates perfectly what I find so incredible about the chasm between conservatives and liberals. You're actually intimating that politicians want soldiers to die. Do you really despise liberals that much?

At least from my point of view talking about displeasure with this war and with Bush in no way translates to wanting soldiers to die. To make that leap is insane.

Camel Jockey

• Getbig V
  • Mel Gibson and Bob Sly World Domination

Funding for improved safety for soliders was halfassed well before the dems took office. Now that they're in office people like you are making a big issue of it.

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
I'm sure after 4+ years of losing, we've finally figured it out.

Yeah...

kh300

• Getbig V
I'm curious what you or any conservative on this board would say if a liberal member posted that conservative politicians wanted Americans to die to further their agenda.

Your post illustrates perfectly what I find so incredible about the chasm between conservatives and liberals. You're actually intimating that politicians want soldiers to die. Do you really despise liberals that much?

At least from my point of view talking about displeasure with this war and with Bush in no way translates to wanting soldiers to die. To make that leap is insane.

im asking why the budjet keeps getting cut,, why is the new budjet being blocked by the dems today? we have the equipment that would cut the number of american deaths in half at the least- but the stuff isnt getting to them. we have vests that can help stop ied explosions,, we have armour that can be put on the bottom of vehicles to stop ied explosions, but they dont all have it.

i take back if i implied that people are allowing soldiers to be killed, but more could be saved -thats a fact

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244

I don't believe it's that simple, ...however you Republicans have never been known for your ability to understand complexities.  :P

I honestly don't believe the hatred for Bush runs that deep that people would want to see their own country lose a war. There are plenty of Democrats AND Republicans that don't want to see more lives lost on an assinine strategy predestined to fail.

Bush has already lost ...but his loss is merely figurative and political. It's already a done deal with him.
With military personnel stationed in Iraq, and Iraqi civilians however, what's lost is actual lives.

The current strategy isn't working, and it's not going to work. It will work even less if your Generals quit.
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
I'm sure after 4+ years of losing, we've finally figured it out.

Yeah...

'Losing' is your interpretation of events.
Thread Killer

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
I'm against the war because the war was a lie.  I was against it on day one for that reason and that is still why i'm against it... I could not fathom being against a war for political gain, that is because the one who taking us to war is not of my party...  Never!  If I believed the war was legit, last resort, mushroom cloud over Denver tomorrow if we don't act and all that jazz, imminent threat... da da da... I would never be against the war.  Noting all that, is should not be forgotten that the only goddamed time I've heard a significant portion of the right stand up waiving a banner of "No War" was when Clinton went into Kosovo...  So yea it happens and anyone who thinks that the right doesn't have any dirt on their hands in this sort of behaviour is quite frankly full of shit. 

240 is Back

• Getbig V
  • Complete website for only $300- www.300website.com
'Losing' is your interpretation of events.

What is your interpretation of the situation in Iraq?

Winning, losing, or stalemating?  Or something else?

24KT

• Getbig V
  • Gold Savings Account Rep +1 (310) 409-2244
I'm against the war because the war was a lie.  I was against it on day one for that reason and that is still why i'm against it... I could not fathom being against a war for political gain, that is because the one who taking us to war is not of my party...  Never!  If I believed the war was legit, last resort, mushroom cloud over Denver tomorrow if we don't act and all that jazz, imminent threat... da da da... I would never be against the war.  Noting all that, is should not be forgotten that the only goddamed time I've heard a significant portion of the right stand up waiving a banner of "No War" was when Clinton went into Kosovo...  So yea it happens and anyone who thinks that the right doesn't have any dirt on their hands in this sort of behaviour is quite frankly full of shit. 

At least with Clinton, ...it was a NATO operation and was over pretty quickly.
This one has been "Mission Accomplished" 4 years ago... and people are still dying over there.
I'd hate to see his idea of a defeat.  :-\
w

BRUCE

• Getbig IV
What is your interpretation of the situation in Iraq?

Winning, losing, or stalemating?  Or something else?

Dethroning Saddam Hussein, and so promptly, was a massive and undeniable victory for our combined forces.  The ideological war of terror we now face is - I believe - being won, but much more can be done.

The jihad is a strong - and growing - presence, and one I don't feel has been adequately dealt with to date.  That being said I have great hope for Iraq and its people, and look forward to its growth as one of the world's newest democracies.
Thread Killer

kh300

• Getbig V

after 911 i bet you had your flag out and were saying any threat to the us should be dealt with.. but eventually your flag went down and over time your feelings over 911 went away. now instead of blamming the terrorists for what happend your now blaming the president.. the whole lies crap was created in the 04 election to try to get bush out, because they had nothing else to use against him,,and your still believing in it. we went to war over bad intelligence, not lies

Hugo Chavez

• Getbig V
after 911 i bet you had your flag out and were saying any threat to the us should be dealt with.. but eventually your flag went down and over time your feelings over 911 went away. now instead of blamming the terrorists for what happend your now blaming the president.. the whole lies crap was created in the 04 election to try to get bush out, because they had nothing else to use against him,,and your still believing in it. we went to war over bad intelligence, not lies
You must like being wrong all the time ;)  I was against this war from the time it started. Believe what you want, I don't care.  I was NOT one of the false patiots who grabbed up 2 plasitic flags to fly from their family SUV ::)  Sorry, didn't do it...  My flag is not for propaganda and fear mongering and never has been... ;)

OzmO

• Getbig V
It's a fact some on the far Left want us to lose in Iraq; our very own Ribonucleic has even gone as far as to admit it.  Others aren't so candid.

Do you believe Rib is indicative of most liberals? 

Do you think perhaps people's view of their intentions are being manipulated?

Because to me the message is:  Cut your loses, because it's a no win.

I don't agree with it.  Nor do i agree with the Idiot's BUSH's plan.

OzmO

• Getbig V

Democrats don't win if we lose in Iraq.  All of America gets nothing for BUSH's reckless sacrifice of American soldiers and 400+ billion in debt if we lose in Iraq.

How twisted do you have to be to really believe that dems win?

The dems think, and they IMO are incorrect, that we are fighting a lost cause and need to cut our loses and leave. 

OzmO

• Getbig V
I agree.  Some in the left would rather see Bush lose than America succeed.  That makes me sick.  I don't like Clinton and did not vote for him, but I never wished him to make a mistake that would harm the country to make the reupblicans look better.

There is no win or lose for BUSH.  he's 2nd term  lol.   

The difference between Clinton and BUSH is that BUSH ALREADY MADE A BIG MISTAKE.  Clinton didn't.  BUSH made his own party look so bad that he they lost both houses in a time of war.  how pathetic.  he did that all on his own.  dems had nothing to do with it.